Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could but you can also truly control it (and also control gender, ability etc.):

Step 1: Right click on the seed with the desired IV spread and select 'Copy full seed to clipboard'.
Step 2: Go to the other screen (not Time Finder) and select method 'breeding BW'.
Step 3: Paste the seed where it says 'Seed (hex)'. Hit the 'calculate initial frame' button. Put 'Max Results' at 100 and hit 'Generate'. (also if you have a ditto parent or one of your pokes is holding an everstone you need to check the boxes 'ditto parent' and/ or 'everstone' and select your 'everstone nature' from the dropdown list before you hit 'Generate')
Step 4: You'll now see a list of PID frames. Because of the NPCs your starting PID won't be the one calculated by RNG Reporter.
Step 5: Start the game (hit your seed), leave C-Gear off, when the season screen pops up mash 'X' to get in the menu. Chatter once, exit the menu and immediately talk to the man by mashing 'A' once you've pressed to exit the menu.
Step 6: Hatch the egg and check in the list of PID frames which one matches with the egg (also make sure you've hit your seed by checking it's IVs). Now you know what your starting PID is when you chatter once and from there you can chatter the appropriate times for your wanted PID frame ^^

Something that I think makes breeding easier is that instead of finding the SSF, the first time you hit your seed mash X on the season screen then close then menu and spam A to talk to the guy, and it will work better and you just have to subtract that SF from the frame you want to hit instead of doing frame you want to hit minus SSF plus one. Just throwing that out there. (I'm assuming you did the SSF thing because when you tried finding the SF you just spammed A without opening the menu, and my method makes you open the menu just like you would when you chatter.)

Something that I think makes breeding easier is that instead of finding the SSF, the first time you hit your seed mash X on the season screen then close then menu and spam A to talk to the guy, and it will work better and you just have to subtract that SF from the frame you want to hit instead of doing frame you want to hit minus SSF plus one. Just throwing that out there. (I'm assuming you did the SSF thing because when you tried finding the SF you just spammed A without opening the menu, and my method makes you open the menu just like you would when you chatter.)
At that point your starting frame is still shifted (by NPCs).
I've tried this, and I personally think that chattering once gives more consistent results. It also has the advantage of hearing Chatot's starting pitch. For example, if you find your SSF with one chatter and Chatot had a very high-pitched cry, and then you reload to hit your frame, and Chatot's first cry is low-pitched, you know you didn't hit your seed without having to waste any more time.

At that point your starting frame is still shifted (by NPCs).
I've tried this, and I personally think that chattering once gives more consistent results. It also has the advantage of hearing Chatot's starting pitch. For example, if you find your SSF with one chatter and Chatot had a very high-pitched cry, and then you reload to hit your frame, and Chatot's first cry is low-pitched, you know you didn't hit your seed without having to waste any more time.
I think the preference is just depending on the user. I have a silent Chatot cry so if I hear a cry I know I'm not viewing Chatot's summary, so I just use the open-menu close-menu route. Also, wouldn't it be faster if to find your starting frame you save in the grass in Route 3, spam X on the season screen and use Sweet Scent instead of having to hatch an egg? I'm not sure though, because Sweet Scent may advance the frame.

I think the preference is just depending on the user. I have a silent Chatot cry so if I hear a cry I know I'm not viewing Chatot's summary, so I just use the open-menu close-menu route. Also, wouldn't it be faster if to find your starting frame you save in the grass in Route 3, spam X on the season screen and use Sweet Scent instead of having to hatch an egg? I'm not sure though, because Sweet Scent may advance the frame.
'

That would require you to re-save in front of the daycare man, which would change the way the NPCs shift the starting frame.

Halp.

What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to breed a shiny perfect Adamant Drilbur. For some reason, I just can't find a seed. I have RNG Abused in the past, but this is my first time RNG Breeding.
EDIT: I now have the Spec D set at 30 to try to get better results. Someone HELP.

What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to breed a shiny perfect Adamant Drilbur. For some reason, I just can't find a seed. I have RNG Abused in the past, but this is my first time RNG Breeding.
EDIT: I now have the Spec D set at 30 to try to get better results. Someone HELP.
Set your max frame much higher and keypresses (under the 5th Gen Parameters Setup tab) to 3 and you will find a lot more seeds/frames.

to RNG breed do the parent have to be flawless or can i use a random haxorus and a ditto thats hacked to get a 31/31/31/X/31/31 Axew
Only 3 IV's get passed from parents to child, so use a flawless Ditto (there is a Japanese one that is fully redis in the trade thread I'm pretty sure.. you can probably get it free from someone), and set the max frame really high and keypresses to 3 and you should find a frame with your desired IVs.

Set your max frame much higher and keypresses (under the 5th Gen Parameters Setup tab) to 3 and you will find a lot more seeds/frames.

Only 3 IV's get passed from parents to child, so use a flawless Ditto (there is a Japanese one that is fully redis in the trade thread I'm pretty sure.. you can probably get it free from someone), and set the max frame really high and keypresses to 3 and you should find a frame with your desired IVs.
What do you qualify as really high? 200? And my ditto is flawless, except I think it could be hacked. But they do still make eggs as I've had to claim one before.

What do you qualify as really high? 200? And my ditto is flawless, except I think it could be hacked. But they do still make eggs as I've had to claim one before.
Try 200, but if not many results (or results that you don't like) come up, bump it up to 250 then 300 or as high as you don't mind chattering.

Try 200, but if not many results (or results that you don't like) come up, bump it up to 250 then 300 or as high as you don't mind chattering.
Haha ok, yeah, I'm not too impatient. And also Just keep going up the months and eventually the years until I get a seed, correct? I'm fairly new at this, sorry.

Move up the max frame as high as you want, then keep changing the month then year until you find a result.

Son of a bitch.

I'm not sure if this is known already, but I found out the hard way: when breeding a genderless (Porygon in my case) Pokemon with Ditto, the Ditto counts as the FEMALE parent when passing down IVs. At least it did for what I was breeding for. I'm not sure if there are variables or not.

I'm trying to chatter my way to the right nature, but they NEVER make sense. My start frame is 59, target is 68, Timid nature. I chattered 9 times, I got a Rash nature, which is at frame 69. I restarted the whole process and chattered 9 times, and then I got Hardy nature, which is at frame 67. I was like, wtf. Restarted, chattered 9 times, Hardy nature.

So I restarted again and this time, I chattered 10 times, but then I got a gentle nature, and the nearest frame is 65, both nature and gender fits.

What is this? What could I possible do wrong? I haven't check IVs, but they seem correct according to the characteristic.
You could be inconsistently opening up your bag and picking the egg up, so the frame advancing NPC is messing with your frame.

You could be inconsistently opening up your bag and picking the egg up, so the frame advancing NPC is messing with your frame.
Posted in wrong thread but oh well.

Yeah, I thought so too. But I've done this before, it feels a bit strange that I should move around so much...

you dont press a button it just means let it find seeds and stuff.

on another note i made a great discovery when i had no internet and i RNG bred. the Pokemon moving in the daycare actually can help you hit your target PID in some cases. it did for me on some of my seeds by advancing the pid by a range of 1-3 when they turn the corner. it also helps you confirm if your consistently button mashing to get to the menu.

He uses 'chug away' as a term meaning search through seed/frame combos that match what you are looking for. Just click Search or Generate and let the reporter find seeds that match your search parameters or, in Tesseraction's terminology, 'chug away.'

EDIT: firestorm: That is something I utilize as well. I always make a mental note of where Minccino / Petilil are so I can verify my seed, because it is usually different for different seeds.

I've got a six-way-max male US Smeargle in the bin with a junk female DW JP Eevee (using BW International). I've got an IV spread chosen that I believe I'm hitting consistently (the characteristic has *always* been one of the six "good ones") but the frames are way off. I hit one Gentle frame twice in a row (it was 116, two before my target 118) when chattering twice, so I chattered four times and wound up somewhere completely different. Occasionally I'll hit my spread and get a nature/ability combination that isn't even listed in the first 120 frames.

The only thing I can think of is that I haven't finished the game on this cart yet (this was supposed to be my fiancee's game but I kind of appropriated it, heh heh). I've done standing legendary and roamer legendary RNGing with great success already. Anyone know if not beating the game could be affecting anything? At worst, I should be working with two "threads" on the nature/inheritance RNG, right? It seems like I'm not. :(
~Uiru

You think that your SF is 116? And I'm pretty sure that finishing the game would have no effect on the results, because you can RNG your ID/SID, and I've been playing through my Black version RNG'ing all of my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)