Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a little help about the frames. I'm using the latest RNG Reporter if it helps. Anyway, I put min/max frames at 8 and nothing is showing up. Should I keep switching the dates or should the frame be higher?

Red

Keep looking for diffrent dates. sometimes some days doesnt have anything.

Do you turn your C-Gear on when you enter the game? I'm using the Shiny Egg Finder, and I was starting to try to find my SSF and the IV's and stats of the Victory Road Pokemon matched the one on Frame 12 on my seed, but not 14-20. You said that the SF is usually 40-60, and mine was low at 11 (I think). Should I turn on the C-Gear or what?

You don't turn C-Gear on when entering the game if you use the standard method. I think you hit the wrong seed if your SF is 11 (the one of the egg). You're better of looking for your SSF though.

To hit the seed do you use the Actual Seconds from your parameter searching and subtract it from the time that you hit A and use that? So since my actual seconds is 26, but I hit A at 25 I would hit A a second before to hit my seed? Also, I'm a bit confused about actually finding the SSF.

Haha dude i was halfway through this long post after hours of trying spreads and finding a good one. i couldnt hit it but typing my process step by step made my realize one error thank god and i got my shiny munna the next try!

Shiny munna - synchronize
no egg moves
31/31/31/31/30/30
HP BUG 70 !!

thanks so much for this guide and everyone who posted on it that helped me... tesseraction and omega doughnut (and any other moderators that helped) your welcome to a free copy if you want a shiny musharna!

When you get the seed, after you did all your parameter stuff, it will give you a date and time and seconds. Hit A and the keypress 1 second before the stated second. For example(13:09:25, Keypress Y), Hit A at 24 second and quickly hit Y right afterwards(All this takes place during the 24th second). Don't hold A, only hold the keypress button till the end of the white nintendo screen. That is how you hit the seed.

Edit: To get to the Shiny frame: what you have to do is hatch the first egg without and saves and chatots and any frame advancements. To avoid doing any of the above, save facing out the daycare man's door 1 step away from exiting. When you hit the seed, upon exiting, hold left and spam to pick up the egg as soon as possible. Hatch it and determine your starting PIDrng frame(usually 50-60). This starting frame can be found by copying the full seed to the main rngreporter page. Select Breeding BW(or international BW if your using international parent), check all boxes that apply, fill in everstone nature if there is one and generate the list of frames. Cross check your inheritance IVs from the parents and the seed to find the starting frame(between 50-60, just crosscheck the IVs and see if they match the inheritance and the seed). Once you found the starting frame, advance the frame to the Shiny frame.

Too tired to type more
Okay thanks, I think I get it now. So even if I don't care about the IV's I still need to know the parents so I can check? Also, why is the starting frame so high instead of just being at one?

2 things.

1.) I'm back, so I can help/update etc.

2.) I'm going to to a total revamp, which will probably require a new thread, because I'm going to cover more than just breeding: captures, stationaries, TID manipulation, shiny starters, etc. So I'm going to need a little help making screen shots etc.

Any volunteers?

2 things.

1.) I'm back, so I can help/update etc.

2.) I'm going to to a total revamp, which will probably require a new thread, because I'm going to cover more than just breeding: captures, stationaries, TID manipulation, shiny starters, etc. So I'm going to need a little help making screen shots etc.

Any volunteers?
I may be able to volunteer, but I probably can't do much besides helping with grammar or something because I'm not too good at the Gen V RNG yet. What all do you need help with?

Also, I was wondering about the Shiny Egg Finder tab. Is what is in the rest of the post about the Egg Finder or something different? Because that may be messing me up, I'm not sure.

RNG Breeding Help

Hello.

I'm completely lost as to what I'm supposed to do to hatch shiny Pokemon.

I've searched everything that I could think of, & its all too confusing.

Can someone please help me out?

Hello.

I'm completely lost as to what I'm supposed to do to hatch shiny Pokemon.

I've searched everything that I could think of, & its all too confusing.

Can someone please help me out?
Did you read the first few posts in this thread? It explained clearly. Save in front of the daycare man, hit seed, Mash X to bring up menu as soon as the seasons thing fades, exit menu and Mash A to grab the egg. Hatch the egg, "Calculate initial PID frame" and check for a PID frame that matches your hatched egg near the "initial PID frame" that RNG reporter suggests. That's your actual starting frame. Now that you've found your actual starting frame redo it again and this time view Chatot's summary the appropriate number of times to get to your shiny PID frame.

I'm terribly sorry about that. I forgot about that page.

The explanation you gave me is even more confusing.

Sorry, to waste your time about the subject.

I'll find someone else that can help me a little better.

It's kind of hard to help you if you don't tell me what you don't understand.
Point out what you need clarified, and then I can see what I can do.

Can anyone please tell me why I can't hit seeds at all when I try to RNG breed? I tried legends and other things and I hit them easily but in breeding not at all...
I do get consistent results though...

Edit: Can the Eon timer go like forwards? for example 1, 2, 3? so if I'm in like in the wanted sec, I could hit it at different times.

I'm having a little trouble getting the right IVs when breeding. I'm trying to get my SSF, and I'm getting the natures in the right order, but they don't match the IVs the hatched egg has. I know this has to do with something I didn't get, and I know I need to give more details, but I'm not sure where to start. Can anyone help me with just this information?

My problem was solved! :D

@Ashenlock: Natures may match but not the Ivs huh? Well you must be having the same problem like I had. Just pay attention to the frame 8 Ivs, and also if you are advancing the frame by 1, go to B/W breeding and look at the inheritance at frame 9, look at where the parents inheritances the Ivs. For example lets say in frame 8 the ivs are 31/2/3/31/2/31 and your parents flawless and inheritance in frame 8 is like x/M/F/x/x/M that means the ivs would be 31/31/31/31/2/31, and lets say you advanced it once, and you hit your seed, the nature will match but the inheritance will be different. Lets say the inheritance changed to x/M/x/M/x/M, so now the Ivs will be 31/31/3/31/2/31. So the point of this is that you should guide yourself with the suckish Ivs and not with the 31s and that the inheritance may change when you advance it but your target will have the desire ones.

Thank you for your response. What I mean is: I'm getting the right nature series (Adamant > Quirky > Adamant > Bashful) but the IVs corresponding to the nature are *not* the ones that they should be according to RNG reporter, and the gender is wrong. One of them might be x/Fe/Fe/x/Fe/x on a seed that's supposed to be 2/3/5/31/31/31, for instance, but its only 31 IV will be in Speed, whereas it should be (as I'm using a perfect Ditto as female): 2/31/31/31/31/31. Is that how it's supposed to work, or am I not correctly reading the guide?

EDIT: Maybe I'm not understanding this right, but the blank spaces in between "Ma" and "Fe" are supposed to be the ones occupied by the seed, right? So I'm aiming for a Fe/Fe/Fe/x/x/x frame ("x" being a blank square) on a 16/25/25/31/31/31 seed, and I should be getting a 31/31/31/31/31/31 egg, as I understand it.

EDIT: Also, BW International is for when the cart-language of two Pokemon being bred together is DIFFERENT, *not* only when both Pokemon are of a different nationality than the cart, right? So that, if I were using a Pokemon from my English cart and breeding it with a JP Ditto, I would be using the "BW International" tab to find the right frame. Is that correct? Cause that's the only other thing I can think of being a problem.

I'm new to this, so excuse the noobiness.

Let's get clear what I want to do, I just want to breed a "perfect" IV Poke with the proper nature/ability.

So I can choose frames above 8, and then just advance before I pick up the egg from the old man? Are there any NPCs who screw this up though? Or can I just walk the proper amount of steps in front of the man with the proper amount of Pokes in my party without worry?

Now the second question, do I need perfect parents? What happens if I don't have those, what if just one is perfect? Is it all up to chance which IVs will get transferred then? And if that's the case can I breed an offspring with some 31s, then make that one breed with the parent who is perfect, and thus increase my chance of the 3 IVs that get passed being 31?

Awnsers in bold.

Thank you for your response. What I mean is: I'm getting the right nature series (Adamant > Quirky > Adamant > Bashful) but the IVs corresponding to the nature are *not* the ones that they should be according to RNG reporter, and the gender is wrong. One of them might be x/Fe/Fe/x/Fe/x on a seed that's supposed to be 2/3/5/31/31/31, for instance, but its only 31 IV will be in Speed, whereas it should be (as I'm using a perfect Ditto as female): 2/31/31/31/31/31. Is that how it's supposed to work, or am I not correctly reading the guide? That's how it's supposed to work. If you have different IVs then you probably didn't hit your seed or hit a different PID frame with different inheritance.

EDIT: Maybe I'm not understanding this right, but the blank spaces in between "Ma" and "Fe" are supposed to be the ones occupied by the seed, right? So I'm aiming for a Fe/Fe/Fe/x/x/x frame ("x" being a blank square) on a 16/25/25/31/31/31 seed, and I should be getting a 31/31/31/31/31/31 egg, as I understand it. The blank spaces are indeed occupied by the seed and in your situation you should indeed get a flawless egg.

EDIT: Also, BW International is for when the cart-language of two Pokemon being bred together is DIFFERENT, *not* only when both Pokemon are of a different nationality than the cart, right? So that, if I were using a Pokemon from my English cart and breeding it with a JP Ditto, I would be using the "BW International" tab to find the right frame. Is that correct? Cause that's the only other thing I can think of being a problem. Yes, the language has to be different for International Breeding and then you should use that option or you will get wrong results.

I'm new to this, so excuse the noobiness.

Let's get clear what I want to do, I just want to breed a "perfect" IV Poke with the proper nature/ability.

So I can choose frames above 8, and then just advance before I pick up the egg from the old man? Are there any NPCs who screw this up though? Or can I just walk the proper amount of steps in front of the man with the proper amount of Pokes in my party without worry? You have to pick a seed with IV frame 8. By walking the PID frame will advance and because of the NPCs on the route the PID frame will also advance randomly. If you walk you won't have any means of controlling the nature/ ability.

Now the second question, do I need perfect parents? What happens if I don't have those, what if just one is perfect? Is it all up to chance which IVs will get transferred then? And if that's the case can I breed an offspring with some 31s, then make that one breed with the parent who is perfect, and thus increase my chance of the 3 IVs that get passed being 31? There will always be three IVs passed down from the parents meaning if you have bad parents (that have no flawless IVs at all) then you can never get a flawless baby from them. It is however possible to keep RNGing better parents. I started with bad ones at first too and then just kept RNG breeding for better ones.
Hope that helps ^^

I wish this thread could get a sticky, it deserves it and then at least questions can be awnsered way earlier since now it just doesn't stand out from the many trade threads :(

Btw, thanks Tesseraction, breeded three shiny DW eevee's ^^ (and you can have 'em for free if you want)

Thanks for the help.

To clarify, if I get the proper IVs but the wrong nature/ability (since there's a 1/4 chance), what do I do then? Do I just make Chatot chatter until I get the right one, akin to getting wild Pokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)