Gen 7 Gen 7 DOU Gothitelle + Slaking gimmick and bulky offense revised version

This team revolves around gothitelle skill swapping shadow tag onto Slaking to get rid of truant and make it a deadly sweeper in doing so. The rest of the team is centered around bulky, well-rounded offense.

i dont die (Clefable) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Follow Me
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Moonblast

Clefable is a staple of stall pokemon. It's designed to last forever and it does the job well. Follow me is to help its teammates do something (Gothitelle skill swap truant onto an enemy or scizor set up swords dance). Protect is to let Landorus fire off an earthquake. T-wave is for paralyzing enemies, which can further cripple many threats. Moonblast is to deal with the ever-present taunt. EVs are thrown into bulk and sitrus berry is given to provide maximum longevity.

Hokey pokey (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 120 Def / 120 SpD
Careful Nature
- Block
- Liquidation
- Baneful Bunker
- Knock Off

Toxapex is an amazing stall mon, and this set is designed to capitalize on that. Block is for trapping enemies (ideally one you've skill swapped truant onto), Liquidation is to chip away at threats like Lando-T, Baneful bunker is so your landorous can fire off a boosted earthquake without fear of toxapex dying, and knock off is to get rid of problematic items such as leftovers and life orbs. EVs are almost entirely dumped into bulk so toxapex can survive as long as possible, and black sludge is used for recovery and to punish the occasional trick shenanigan.

emo kid idk (Gothitelle) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Skill Swap

This is the Gothitelle I mentioned earlier. It's job is to synergize with slaking to trap the enemies and to also eat up hits. Turn 1 of the battle should be Gothitelle skill swaps its shadow tag onto slaking, and slaking attacks an enemy pokemon. Rest and sleep talk are recovery, since I decided to forgo leftovers on this set in favor of mental herb so it can ignore taunt to successfully power up slaking on turn 1, and psyshock is to chip away at enemy pokemon and also its only backup option in case it gets taunted later down the road.

cat (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- U-turn

Now we get to some of the attackers on the team. Lando-T is an excellent physical attacker and synergizes excellently with Clefable. Clefable can bait in hits with follow me while Lando sets up, and then it can use protect while Lando fires off a boosted earthquake, which will kill or deal immense damage to many of Clefables poison and steel type checks. Groundium Z is used as the held item for when a bulkier threat comes in, as combined with earthquake it makes for an excellent nuke that will OHKO mega swampert at +1.

baBABOOEY (Slaking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Truant
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Taunt
- Slack Off
- Sucker Punch

Everyone says slaking is a terrible pokemon, but what if you remove truant? Suddenly the whole story changes. Its monsterous 670 BST and sky-high HP and ATK stats let it OHKO nearly everything with return, and once Gothitelle uses skill swap, suddenly it also has the powerful shadow tag as its ability. Once it gets going, its impossible to set up on since the majority of mons in the tier (excluding megas) will need defense investment to survive an attack, but even when a bulky opponent survives a hit, Slaking can follow up with a sucker punch, ususally scoring a KO in the process. Life orb is used to maximize damage output.

oppenheimer bug (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

This is the second bulky attacker on the team. While Lando and toxapex are scaring off all the fire types, it can be easy for Scizor to sneak in and set up a swords dance. Once it has done so, it can do astounding damage with STAB, Technician boosted bullet punch. Without boosts, bullet punch OHKOs Diancie. At +2, it has an 81% chance to OHKO Tapu Koko without defense investment. Knock off is used to get rid of items, and defog is used to get rid of enemy screens and hazards, which can otherwise cause problems for this team.

I'm looking for some help on how to better support slaking, since eventually the opponent realises what's going on and concentrates all their firepower onto slaking, which causes it to die after a couple of turns. How do I keep it alive to lob even 1 more attack at the opponent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)