[SM] CAP Viability Ranking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Approved by some CAP mod

Art by Sunfished
OP taken from last gen's CAP VR, which was in turn based off of OU's VR thread

Welcome to the official [Gen 7] CAP Viability Rankings. In this thread, we as a community will rank every single usable Pokemon into ranks. In this thread, you're encouraged to post your thoughts and opinions on the various Pokemon that are usable in CAP and what rank they should fall under. The general idea of the topic is to rank each Pokemon under "rankings" that go in descending order. Keep in mind that this thread will be heavily moderated, so please stay on topic and keep discussion on relevant Pokemon.

These users make up the viability council and have the final say on what gets moved in the ranking list. It is also their responsibility to gather community input and to make sure discussion remains on topic.
cbrevan
snake_rattler
sparktrain

Some general rules we expect everyone to follow are:
  • Posts are to follow CAP and Smogon rules; you should all know what is and is not acceptable.
  • Be respectful to other users. That means no ad hominem arguments or anything else attacking character
  • Back up all your arguments with evidence where possible, calculations and relevant replays do wonders for supporting nominations.
  • Speaking of nominations, we'll be holding all posts that make nominations for unranked Pokemon to a higher standard than other posts. This means high level and relevant replays with solid reasoning. Anything less will be ignored by the ranking team and may be deleted.
  • Similiarly, any post advocating a change of two ranks or more for an already ranked Pokemon will also be held to a higher standard. We expect high level and relevant replays along with solid reasoning, and anything less may be subject to deletion.
  • Lastly, keep your reasoning to the CAP metagame. A Pokemon's performance in OU or any other official tier is irrelevant and posts using that as reasoning will be moderated. Keep this CAP people.
HeaL edit: Reference base for copy/pasting img links for the new CAPmon icons:

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who shape and define the CAP metagame and are a clear-cut above the rest. These Pokemon are typically very powerful offensive threats that are difficult to prepare for or are phenomenal support and defensive threats that provide significant utility or defensive potential, respectively. Also the home of Pokemon who can easily perform multiple roles effectively, increasing their versatility and unpredictability. If the Pokemon in this rank have any flaws, those flaws are thoroughly mitigated by their substantial strengths.

S Rank
Landorus-T
Tomohawk

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the CAP metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be overlooked when compared to their positive traits.

A+ Rank
Ash Greninja
Charizard (Mega-Y)
Celesteela
Greninja
Magearna
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Volkraken
Zygarde

A Rank
Arghonaut
Aurumoth
Colossoil
Crucibelle (Mega)
Cyclohm
Ferrothorn
Fidgit
Garchomp
Mawile (Mega)
Medicham (Mega)
Pinsir (Mega)
Syclant
Tangrowth
Volcarona

A- Rank
Cawmodore
Chansey
Clefable
Crucibelle
Heatran
Keldeo
Marowak-Alola
Mew
Naviathan
Necturna
Pyroak
Rotom-W
Sableye (Mega)
Skarmory
Stratagem
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Toxapex

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are good in the CAP metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the metagame. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential. Their niches are often smaller than those that are in A and S rank, which leads them to face some competition for a teamslot.

B+ Rank
Alakazam (Mega)
Amoonguss
Gallade (Mega)
Gengar
Gyarados
Jirachi
Kitsunoh
Kyurem-B
Latios
Magnezone
Mollux
Pelipper
Scizor (Mega)
Tornadus-T
Tyranitar
Venusaur (Mega)
Zapdos

B Rank
Charizard (Mega-X)
Excadrill
Heracross (Mega)
Hoopa-U
Kerfluffle
Kingdra
Krilowatt
Manectric (Mega)
Mimikyu
Plasmanta
Salamence
Suicune
Serperior
Swampert (Mega)
Terrakion
Tyranitar (Mega)
Revenankh
Weavile

B- Rank
Azumarill
Bisharp
Gastrodon
Gardevoir (Mega)
Gyarados (Mega)
Latias
Lopunny (Mega)
Kartana
Malaconda
Mamoswine
Manaphy
Mantine
Muk-Alola
Nihilego
Ninetales-Alola
Sharpedo (Mega)
Slowbro (Mega)
Slowbro
Thundurus
Togekiss
Reuniclus

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the CAP metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon.

C Rank
Aerodactyl (Mega)
Alomomola
Azelf
Beedrill-Mega
Breloom
Bronzong
Buzzwole
Camerupt (Mega)
Crawdaunt
Cresselia
Diggersby
Dragonite
Garchomp (Mega)
Gliscor
Hippowdon
Hydreigon
Kabutops
Kyurem
Nidoking
Omastar
Pidgeot (Mega)
Porygon-Z
Quagsire
Scizor
Scolipede
Starmie
Tentacruel
Thundurus-T
Volcanion
Voodoom

D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are generally bad in the CAP metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use on highly specialized teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that. Pokemon from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it.

D Rank
Blissey
Cofagrigus
Dragalge
Empoleon
Feraligatr
Mandibuzz
Porygon2
Primarina
Raichu-Alola
Smeargle
Talonflame

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone! The VR council hammered out a list to start things off, and we finally got it up! The metagame is still in state of flux, especially with today's release of Mega Mawhile and Mega Beedrill, so feel free to post about your thoughts on the metagame.

This list was made prior to today's releases and will need some touching up in the long run, so please fill this thread with your feedback. We can't do much without the fuel you guys give us through posting, so the more and the better posts, the better we'll be able to maintain this thread. Just make sure your posts are well thought and your calculations are correct this time around!

I don't have any discussion points for anyone right now, as we're just looking for general feedback to start. I also don't want to see any nominations for Mega Mawile or Mega Beedrill yet because it's far too early to tell where they'll fall. You can talk about them and use them for reasoning in your posts, just don't try to pin them down to a specific ranking just yet.

Anyways, that's all i have for now, so lets get going shall we?

Edit: If you guys want our reasoning for why something is in whatever rank, ask here or send a viability council member a pm or vm. We'll gladly explain our reasoning if you want us to.

Last edited:

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Firstly I wanna say, you guys did a good job on the VR and thanks for finally posting it!

With that out the way, let's get onto nominations!

I want to nominate Tapu Fini for A Rank. Although Tapu Fini is a great water check, stallbreaker, and hazard remover, Tapu Fini lacks recovery meaning it has to rely heavily on it's item for it to stay alive. This brings down it's viability as for one if it ever gets knocked off then it's virtually useless, not only this but it means hazards can be used to pressure it a lot despite it being a hazard remover.

Next up I'm nominating Kerfluffle for B+ Rank. I have experimented so much with this mon and god damn how it has fallen since last gen. It truly struggles to compete with other fairies. Yes it can pivot, but so can tapu koko yes it can be a potent wallbreaker but so can tapu lele. Those two tapus alone really give kerfluffle a run for it's money, it doesn't have much over the two that is so good that it should be A rank.

Nominating Scizor-Mega for A- Rank. It's not a good defogger as it gives rocks to a bunch of rockers like Pyroak, Mollux or Tomohawk, as well as this setting up is extremely hard with Scizor as it has a lot more common checks this gen. However Scizor is a sturdy Mega Metagross check and this solidifies it's place in A- for me.

Next I'm gonna talk on Amoonguss, Pyroak and Tangrowth together. I haven't seen or used a single Amoonguss on the ladder, or competitive play to support it being A-. Not only this but Amoonguss isn't that good of a wall right now as it let's in a bunch of psychic type pokemon to abuse it, and really only has Spore to offset it's passiveness. Tangrowth being lower than this confuses me as tang is basically a more offensive pyroak that lacks rocks and lacks the rock weakness. Tangrowth can go from an AV pivot and checking special threats like, Ash Greninja, Tapu Fini and Tapu Koko or a physical threat to take on behemoths like Colossoil, Mega Metagross, Garchomp. However it faces intense competition from Pyroak which can also check mega metagross and some special threats like tapu koko in 1 set (physdef), it also can opt for spdef to handle things like greninja better, whilst being able to set up hazards for your team and be a cleric with aromatherapy if you need it to. So I think Amoonguss should drop to B+, Tangrowth should Rise to A-, and Pyroak should rise to A.

Lastly I'd like to Nominate Colossoil to A/A+. In Gen 7 colossoil got a big buff in Guts allowing it to run virtually run a choice band at half the cost of running a life orb. This made Colossoil become a very consistent and BIG threat for fatter teams as it can pursuit trap things like Chansey on stall, or mollux on balance and even more offensive pokemon like Tapu Lele locked into a psychic move. It can straight up half health a bunch of physical walls with knock and earthquake if they don't resist. It has u-turn to retain momentum which is very strong for pivoting into a good voltturn partner is with colossoil, tapu koko, on things like Skarmory or Tomohawk. Colossoil has priority to even opt for improving it's matchup vs offence or faster mons in general. Not only this but it still has assault vest to support it's team as a spinner which is it still does consistently this gen. I don't think colossoil is on the same level as things like stratagem or salamence and is more on par with things like Tapu Koko and Crucibelle when it comes to viability.

I can get on board with pretty much all of Drapionswing's noms except maybe Kerfluffle. It's a little more playstyle dependent this gen, but Parting Shot (Z or regular) is still pretty potent on hyper offense that focuses on setup spam. Perhaps a drop to A- would be more in order.

I definitely support a Colossoil rise from A- to A, so I'll talk about that a little bit. If I recall correctly, the initial ranking was made at a time where people were still slapping AV Colossoil onto teams as a glue mon in place of more effective options. The set has really just dropped in overall effectiveness this gen due to the dwindling number of mons it actually checks effectively and the introduction of new threats that blow past it or heavily chunk it (Tapus being the most notable example). However, the Flame Orb set has proven to be quite effective on offensive teams. The Flame Orb Colossoil + Magnezone core has been noted to be quite effective in dismantling a variety of common builds and supporting setup Pokemon. One of the more obvious examples is versus the standard DugStall squad, the stuff of nightmares for many players. Pursuit helps even more since it can chunk Chansey, but it's not even required on the set to dismantle the archetype. Burned Colossoil OHKOes/2HKOes the entire team bar Skarmory, so the stall user is basically forced to go to Skarmory and get Shed Shell knocked off (after which Magnezone traps it), or try to sack something (which may end up getting U-turned on) and revenge with Dugtrio. Teams lacking Tomohawk are pretty hard pressed to deal with this core, and given the current popularity and effectiveness of sweepers that can blow past Tomohawk (Fly-Z Lando, Fly-Z Gyara, Aurumoth, or even just cleaners like Scarf Tapu Lele), Colossoil has proven to be quite a potent component of offensive teams even if it's not the amazing glue mon it once was.

Pyroak should be A+ or A Pyroak wall almost all can make trouble some of pokemon such as phero,mmeta,garchomp, kartana, marowak a for the defensive set and for special defense resist all the stronger fairy types and make troubles for scarf tapu lele and counter to magearna,aurumoth (and if get the boost pyroak use roar), tapu koko, tapu fini, kyurem b, syclant, ash greninja, keldeo, and almost all the strong popular special sweeper, and the only weakness of pyroak are the rocks and poison but poison is unpopular right now

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Lets all get ready for a nomination bomb, starting with:

Volcarona up to A-: I've used volca a ton in this meta, and I think it deserves a raise here. Getting a QD up isn't too terribly hard, as its able to come in on stuff like non-scald Fini, choice-locked Lele, Scizor, and the like, and at +1 it has the power to run through offense easily. Losing your QD to Tomo sucks, but no boost Inferno Overdrive can either OHKO (43% chance against max HP hawk) or set it up to be 2HKO'd after Roost by regular blast (and volca has the niche option of running different z moves such as Z-Hurricane or Z-Psychic to beat checks harder). Volca is able to handle a ton of top threats such as Celesteela, and most Fini sets, and running HP Ground is an even better option in CAP than OU, where it not only beats Heatran but also handles Mollux, Cyclohm, Crucibelle and Plasmanta better than most other moves it can run. The biggest detriment to Volca is also limited in CAP, where its rocks weakness is easier to handle with the hazard control available.

Gengar up to A-: Gar hits absurdly hard. Ghost resists are still lackluster in CAP just as in OU, bar the addition of Colossoil, and it gets a lot more targets in stuff like Auru, Necturna, and the further prevalence of psychics in CAP. It does face more competition in "hard hitting special attacker" from stuff like Syclant, Kerf, and Kraken, but Specs Shadow Ball hits incredibly hard, Scarf Gar still outspeeds what it needs to in OU- i.e. Lele, Megagross, hitting other tapus with Sludge Wave/Bomb, and other sets such as Ghostium Z are still solid. Colo actually hurts Gengar hard, however- Focus Blast is iffy and it's best option to hit it, and if Colo gets in, the 50/50 between Sucker and Pursuit is a massive problem and acts as a real deterrent to getting Gar in. Regardless of Colo, I still feel as though Gar (and the lack of ghost resists bar Colo) is super good in the meta.

Now, for the probably most controversial of these- Tapu Lele down to A+: I can see the pitchforks from here. Lele is not S rank material in this metagame, for a lot of the reasons that it's dropping in popularity in OU. The most common set is far and away Scarf, which doesn't do nearly as good of a job as it did in early SM. Megagross is everywhere, and resisting both stabs is massive for a mon that common- you have to predict and Shadow Ball on the switch- important note that Gross has to take 40-50 to be reliably revenged by Scarf Lele's Shadow Ball- and neither STAB is all that great to be locked into. Moonblast invites in steels to wall and fires to force it out or set up on it. Psychic lets in stuff like Colo, Gren, other dark types, and steels again. Scarf also has the weakness of a not that great speed tier- common scarfers such as Mosa, Chomp and Gengar outspeed it, and it ties with the ever common scarf Volkraken. It has better sets than scarf- stuff like CM, Stallbreaker, and even Specs, but they all face other problems. It's frail, and as such hard to get in even on resisted hits, and often times suffers from a lack of speed. Psychic Terrain is still fantastic, especially in CAP, and Lele is still a good mon, with an effective variety of sets to run and the ability to massacre a lot of common CAP favorites- psychic and fairy is a great typing offensively in a meta overloaded with dragons, Tomohawk, and generally more psychic/fairy weak mons, but I can't see Lele on the same level as Hawk's sets, Auru's ability to just end games, Lando's eighty million effective sets, and Megagross's absurd power.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Hello everyone, the vr council has some updates for you all. The reasoning below comes mainly from what points sparktrain brought up in our pm discussions.

Like always, we'll post our proposed changes here in case anyone wants to argue any of these changes before we implement them. I'd also like to thank everyone who's posted so far for helping us come to these changes.

Tapu Lele S -> A+: This isn't as meta defining as the other three now that people have had time to build around it and the metagame has started to check it. The specs set is hard hitting but easy enough for well built teams to take advantage of, and CM and Scarf sets are also strong but the Scarf set has taken a hit due to with faster Scarfers and setup options being used to play around the 95 speed benchmark. Overall, the scarf set is less effective and the metagame has started to account for it more.
Tapu Fini A+ -> A: A lot of people have sort on touched on fini being easy to wear down and take advantage of and we agree with this. Its a solid glue mon for many teams but compared to the other Pokemon in A+ it is too easy to take advantage of and overwhelm, which is why its moving down a rank.
Zygarde A -> A+: Zygarde continues to be a great anti-meta and meta pick right now. It's non-trioweak stallbreaker and balance breaker in one will continue to be good as long as these archetypes are used. It's rising up because it is able to take advantage of common teambuilds right now all in one moveslot.
Kerfluffle A -> A-: This has been talked about in the thread; other fairies give it a lot of competition offensively which has made Kerfluffle a more niche option thats more in line with other A- ranked mons.
Manaphy A -> A-: the hype over this mon has fallen and it's quite clear that Manaphy has issues sweeping as well as one would expect. Against offense it still needs to find a turn to setup, which can be difficult due to its middling speed, and Haze Tomohawk being popular right now really puts a damper on how much of an impact Z Rain Dance has.
Colossoil A- ->A: sparktrain outlined the main reasoning for the drop in this post.
Pyroak A- -> A: Pyroak is an annoyingly good wall and it's pretty hard to straight OHKO this mon, and the prevalence of good hazard removal means that it's hard to take out quickly without aggressive hazard stacking from the likes of spikes ninja/clant. Just a solid mon, easily on par or better than the other defensive stuff in A like ferrothorn due to its ability to check top threats such as metagross.
Amoonguss A- -> B+, Tangrowth B+ -> A-: Tis the better mon. Psychic weak and ground neutrality compared to psychic neutrality and ground resist is better in this meta for obvious reasons (including but not limited to metagross, zygarde, colossoil, non-fly lando, zam, etc etc etc etc etc). Plus tangrowth is a grass type that awak is afraid to switch into because of knock. Spore isn't enough to prevent amoonguss from being a worse pick most of the time. Overally, Tangrowth has proven to be a more reliable pick in this metagame, which combined with Amoonguss's weakness to the outlined Pokemon both Pokemon should make their respective changes.
Volcarona B+ -> A-: What's the difference between volcarona and aurumoth? One's a good firium z user, the other is Aurumoth. In all seriousness Volcarona is pretty good in the current metagame because it setups on a lot of popular Pokemon such as Pheromosa and scares out a fair share too. Firium Z gives it an item to take advantage of QD that isn't a resist berry, which helps a lot in letting Volcorona break through opposing teams.
Buzzhole and Kartana down to B: Prevalence of Tomohawk and Z Fly Landorus-T really put a damper on Buzzhole's performance in the current metagame, which combined with its poor matchup to the Fairy-types dominating the tier it should move down to B. Kartana is similiar in that Tomohawk and Landorus-t are large obstacles for it, but moreever the low base power if its moves makes it hard for Karatana to snowball games like it wants to. Both Pokemon are more on par with the Pokemon in B.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
Starting off the next round of nominations!

Currently in the metagame I think Mollux is one of the defining forces in the meta and should be raised to A+. Mollux has excellent utility in rapid spin and stealth rock, which allows it to compress a lot of roles in the metagame. It's typing is completely fantastic allowing it to take on some of the top threats in the metagame safely, and forces things like pheromosa to try fit hidden power ground into their movepool to try and at least handle it. However this normally means losing another important coverage move. Despite being a defensive pokemon mollux asserts a lot of pressure through Lava Plume and Sludge Bomb, as pokemon who resist this (like Garchomp, Crucibelle, Tyranitar or Zygarde) really don't appreciate a burn and makes it extremely difficult to switch into as water types can't switch into it either as majority of them are walled by it. Mollux also has a really strong niche on rain as it pairs so incredibly well with ferrothorn under the rain allowing it to support rain VERY well. Due to mollux's ability to check a wide range of special threats in the metagame, while providing hazard control or hazards, and asserting offence presence in battle while having it's main bad point being weak to rocks is enough for me to definitely think this pokemon is better than every pokemon in A rank and on par with those in A+.

Next I think Pheromosa should be Raised to S rank. Currently in this metagame offensive teams are extremely prevalent due to the need to outspeed threats like Greninja, or Metagross. Offence as an archetype is defined by Pheromosa right now, as It provides so much utility to offence whether it be Rapid Spin, wallbreaking with QD or lo/band/specs/zfight, revenge killing with scarf. If you are building with offence, there's no reason not to use this mon as well as not preparing for this mon as it's high speed let's it target a lot of pokemon. Late game this thing will clean up the pokemon it weakened for itself because resists have to be very sturdy to even have a chance at checking pheromosa. Although pheromosa has a few more checks here, it can often u-turn out, or just hard double as it's pressure is not to be ignored in a fight, into a extremely powerful partner which abuses it's common checks such as Mollux, Tomohawk and Tapu fini which gives free switch ins to things like Tapu Koko, Tyranitar, or Landorus. All this unpredictability and utility that pheromosa provides is extremely good and definitely should be moved to S.

Slowking should rise to B rank. Slowking has an extremely strong niches right now in the metagame and is better than every pokemon in C rank. Due to it's bulk with AV it provides a very strong answer to threats like Tapu Lele, Tomohawk, Magearna, and Alakazam, whilst also being able to take on Metagross not carrying Thunder Punch. As well as checking these threats it can come in on certain set up sweepers like volcarona and dragon tail them out before they can sweep you. Dragon Tail also lets you abuse Future Sight which really begins to pressure your opponents switch ins to Slowking. This paired with a spiker is extremely potent as spikers like Syclant, or Ferrothorn pair exceptionally well with Slowking providing pivots and key resistances that slokwing appreciates. Slowking also has a less explored niche on Trick Room teams as it provides a wallbreaker with exceptional coverage and power after a nasty plot in Trick Room while being able to still pivot around and gain health through Regenerator which is something Slowbro can't do all at once. And another small thing is Slowking is a water type which naturally overcomes mollux due to it's secondary stab.

I think Magearna should drop to A rank. Currently in the cap metagame there are simply too many threats for magearna to be very effective in the current metagame. Despite being a really bulky mon with cool setup options such as Shift gear or Soul-Heart under trick room, it begins to struggle greatly in cap versus things like Pyroak, Mollux and plasmanta. Shift Gear can't pull off an effective sweep here because these pokemon wall it hard and if it were to opt for an option to beat them it would struggle more with things like Ferrothorn. Choice Specs and Assault Vest sets have to spam volt switch as they lose all momentum vs these pokemon if it does anything else. However I don't think it should drop any further magearna provides a sturdy check to things like Crucibelle or Tapu Lele which is very useful in the metagame, as well as this magearna is a Trick Room setter with volt switch allowing to really gain momentum for TR teams.

Lastly I'd like to nominate Heatran to drop to A- Rank. In the metagame currently Mollux has risen in usage a lot due to it's ability to wall a numerous amount of relevant pokemon and do it consistently. Heatran struggles to compete with mollux in this metagame as it's previous niche over Mollux in Stallbreaking is not as good now due to Dugtrio stall. As well as this, Heatran lacks recovery and dislikes rocks just like mollux just not to the same extent. Heatran lacks a lot of defensive merit due to having no recovery as it can't switch in consistently and safely to offensive threats, which are excelling right now in this metagame, leaving its best matchup vs Defensive threats right now like ferrothorn and pyroak which of course mollux can do too. Heatran only has offensive merit right now as a bloomdoom trapper which it does extremely well, but mollux can compress these roles much better than heatran can do to it's recovery, typing, utility and recovery.

Mantine B --> A-
Mantine is one of the best defoggers of the tier, it is so very bulky and walls a great amount of significant pokemons of the meta. While it is a little bit outclassed by Tapu Fini's bigger potential on stallbreaking, Mantine is still very good and has a lot of potential as a spd wall it can deal with so much threats as an example Kerfluffle and Mollux which are very common in the meta that Tapu Fini doesn't have the potential to deal with.
252 SpA Life Orb Kerfluffle Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine: 125-148 (33.4 - 39.5%) -- 17.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Kerfluffle Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 177-211 (51.6 - 61.5%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mollux Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine: 100-118 (26.7 - 31.5%) -- 24.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mollux Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 212-252 (61.8 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine in Psychic Terrain: 150-177 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini in Psychic Terrain: 160-189 (46.6 - 55.1%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Aurumoth Psychic vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine: 239-282 (63.9 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Aurumoth Psychic vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 253-300 (73.7 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Crucibelle B --> A-
I've used and seen Scarf Crucibelle so much times in this meta, it really is worth more than B. Scarf Crucibelle is very easy to teambuild around since it doesn't need much support and is just as great to play with while you play against hax not much can switch in on a head smash which makes it such a great pivot and late game wincon, scarf crucibelle outspeeds a lot of other scarf mons such as Mollux and Tapu Lele which a head smash is sufficient to ohko, this thing hits so very hard it's insane, not to mention the fact that even if you missed, it's okay Regenerator's there and has your back.

252 Atk Crucibelle Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pyroak: 294-348 (66.3 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Crucibelle Wood Hammer vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Arghonaut: 236-278 (58.8 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle: 976-1152 (275.7 - 325.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Crucibelle Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 267-315 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Crucibelle Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mollux: 492-582 (148.6 - 175.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Here's a nomination I've been considering for a bit.

Mega Metagross S -> A+: Lower your torches for just a second. In my opinion, while Mega Metagross is perhaps still the best Mega our metagame has to offer, the CAP metagame has evolved in such a way that I don't believe Mega Metagross deserves to be classed in the same rank as Aurumoth, Landorus-T, and Tomohawk who are literal titans. Mega Metagross offense has been considered the de facto "standard" for quite some time, and as a result, virtually every good team is heavily prepared to deal with it. I'll list some examples of how the metagame has fallen out of Mega Metagross' favor. Pyroak usage has continued to climb in high level ladder and tour play, Mega Scizor usage is also seeing a surge, Cyclohm and Ferrothorn are as solid as ever on balance, and coverage-dependent checks such as Celesteela, Skarmory, and Tangrowth continue to be solid picks and have well-defined roles in the metagame outside of checking Mega Metagross (it's worth noting that Tangrowth is on a slight rise as well).

Compared to every other Pokemon currently sitting in S rank, it's no secret that Mega Metagross lacks their level of versatility. Don't get me wrong, it can switch up its moveset if it wants a better shot at beating a certain threat or faring better against a certain team archetype, but it'll basically always be running any of Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, Earthquake, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, and Rock Polish. While this is impressive, let's be honest, it's all pretty much a slightly different variation of one set, especially when you compare Mega Metagross' versatility to that which Aurumoth, Landorus-T, and Tomohawk offer with their level of set variety. This point is fairly objective. So, for Mega Metagross to meet the criteria of S rank, it should theoretically be an amazing offensive Pokemon with the (essentially) one set it has, to a level that none of the other Pokemon in A can claim. Mega Metagross does not do this. Its checks and counters have simply become far too prevalent Mega Metagross to be considered an S rank offensive threat in this metagame.

I'll post some replays to illustrate this.

Me vs. Kyubics: CAP seasonal - In this battle, I brought bulky offense with Mega Metagross, while Kyubics brought bulky offense with Mega Scizor. Though I did manage to pull off a win, this battle is not a case of Mega Metagross itself overcoming Mega Scizor despite bad matchup. Even with Meteor Mash hax, Mega Metagross still manages to accomplish very little in this battle, accumulating a grand total of zero kills. I had to make a gutsy play by hard switching my Metagross into his Greninja's Gunk Shot, and the only other notable accomplishment Metagross had was being an occasional punching bag for his Tapu Lele, after which Tapu Lele could easily switch out into Mega Scizor again. If anything, this battle shows how dangerous Landorus-T, Protean Greninja, and Ash Greninja are, as well as how potent of a wall Pyroak is. Oh, did I mention Kyubics and I both had a Pyroak? Yeah. Both of us were extremely well prepared to deal with opposing Mega Metagross, both of us packing some very solid checks and counters. And I promise I didn't pick this battle because I happened to win, I think it just does a good job illustrating my point.

Animus Majulous vs. Nina Hawthorne: CAP seasonal - Animus brought a hyper offense squad, Nina brought Mega Metagross balance. Due to hyper offense's very nature, Animus obviously doesn't have any perfect Mega Metagross switch-ins on his team. However, on the same note, Nina's Mega Metagross really can't switch into Animus' team, which relegates it to a revenge killing position for the entirety of the battle. Animus is packing several checks on his team, including soft checks in Aurumoth and Greninja, a very solid revenge killer and one-time switch-in in Volkraken, and Mega Mawile, a mega which Metagross has a pretty average matchup against, but Animus' Mawile set is tailored to screw with Metagross hard. Point is, Animus had counterplay against all common Mega Metagross variants, even Agility/RP Metagross by running Sucker Punch on his Mawile, something that hyper offense usually struggles against.

Heaven Jay vs. Bionic Puppy: CAP seasonal - Heaven brought Mega Charizard X balance, BP brought psychic spam offense. Jay has a few soft checks to Mega Metagross and an extremely solid answer in Ferrothorn. After EQ is revealed on Metagross (thus no Hammer Arm), Jay confidently used Ferrothorn to prevent BP's Metagross from accomplishing anything else in the match, as BP had no reliable way of wearing down Ferrothorn or trapping it. Latios might've been able to do this with HP Fire or Trick (unfortunately I don't know what set BP was running), which could've paved the way for Mega Metagross, but this would've been a risky move as Heaven Jay was also packing Tapu Lele. Basically, this is just another replay showing Mega Metagross being virtually useless in a match while a much less prepared for, but still highly threatening mon in Mega Charizard X puts in a truckload of work.

TL;DR: Recent metagame trends have been hurting Mega Metagross, and it doesn't live up to the hype it receives. I believe it's time for this Pokemon to move down a rank.

A separate point, some of the current mons in A+ are a bit questionable (mainly looking at Magearna and Tapu Koko). I do think the top ranks could use a bit of tidying up and I'd like to comment on these at some point, but it's really late and I should sleep. On that note, if I said something dumb in my post go easy on me, I'm tired :)

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why are you using gen5 cap minisprites? I already made easy to use gen6 cut outs last gen :/

Also, why is Syclant A+? It lacks to the power to take out dumb stuff like Mega Metagross and lacks the bulk to survive common priority moves. It's coverage is overall solid. It's true that it shares similar offensive prowess to the other mons in A+ but with considerably less bulk. New mons like Tapu Fini are able to switch into it and it still struggles with old favorites like scarf Volkraken or literally anything faster than it.

Syclant to A pls, fam.

But seriously, I'm more concerned about you using the prettier CAP minisprites. I'll edit them in at the very top like I feel I always have to do, but you gotta edit them into the vr lists :c

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since no discussion has been done on the new megas, here are some nominations.

Mega Medicham to A+: Its better here in the CAP Metagame than it is in standard. With Sticky Web being more viable, is freer to run Adamant and tear up defensive cores, and with more threats to hit with its STAB combo (Plasmanta, Colossoil, Tomohawk, Mollux etc) more teambuilds are weaker to the meditating kickboxer,

Mega Pidgeot to C+: I personally haven't used BirdJesus, but its ok matchup with some threats inthe metagame and a highly spammable Flying STAB gives it a niche, and i believe C+ is a nice place to start out.

Mega Beedrill to C+: Spikes stacking and VoltTurn teams are on the rise, which are playstyles which the bee fits on well, and the departure of phero only helps that.

I'd say Bee needs to be higher than that. I'm not going to commit myself to a rank but the ability to get damage off and momentum of on anything that its faster than (and its faster than a lot) means that it has to have a reliable answer, and even then, a U-Turn can only screw up common switch-ins like Toxapex which allows partners like Dugtrio. If you want to run Garchomp as your check, that gets worn down super easily. Whilst Bee has trouble against rocks, it's nothing common partners like Tapu Fini and Colossoil can take care of, and it'd be dangerous to write of Swords Dance or Fell Stinger Beedrill.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Hey everyone, the Viability Council has a list of proposed changes for you all. As always, we'll post these changes in the thread and let the people voice their opinions on them before we implement them, so any feedback is welcome feedback.

Our proposed changes are as follows:
Mega Metagross S -> A+: That's right, we want to drop OU's newest suspect. I won't go into detail on why because sparktrain's post does a far better job of explaining this drop than I would. To put it succinctly, the metagame has adapted to answering Mega Metagross, and Pyroak being both popular and hard for Metagross to break does it no favors.
Magearna A+ -> A: Magearna isn't quite as splashable or generally good as the other mons in A+ right now. It's still a good Tapu Lele check, an acceptable Greninja check on offense, and TR setter, but none of its sets/roles right now are good enough to warrant that A+ rank.
Pheromosa A+ -> unranked: I got rid of the cockroach a while ago, but I thought I'd mention it here anyways.
Heatran A -> A-: Heatran is facing more and more competition as a defensive Fire-type and a rock setter, and its offensive sets are nothing special as Bloom Doom is more or less expected at this point. Stallbreaker tran can get a KO against stall, but it's hardly the only mon capable of accomplishing this. Heatran has good set variety and some good sets, but none are particularly great right now, and various mons that threaten Heatran (mostly a slew of Ground-types) are only getting better. Also see DrapionSwing's post on it.
Crucibelle B+ -> A-: Scarf set is pretty good right now, as it revenges all sorts of neat stuff like +1 Charizard x, +1 Aurumoth, and +1 Salamence, gets the jump on slower scarfers and destroys them (Volkraken, Tapu Lele, lol Mollux), and U-turn/Regen is awesome as always. Flaws that hold it back are mainly that it's steel and ground weak. This can be problematic after a revenge kill, as lots of things can take advantage of a choice locked rock or poison type move, though this can be mitigated by masterfully only clicking U-turn in any given scenario. Inaccurate STABs are also annoying, but again, this can be mitigated by only clicking U-turn in any given scenario.
Hoopa-U A- -> B+: there are a lot of things holding back Hoopa from being a real threat. The choice sets that pushed it over the edge in ou last gen aren't nearly as good in gen7 cap since dark pulse/hyperspace fury aren't as spammable as they once were. Overall Hoopa has a shitty matchup vs offense for obvious reasons, and a neutral matchup vs stall (best case scenario it gets a kill then gets trapped). Hoopa's best matchup is vs balance where it can actually get in vs more passive stuff and fire off attacks, but the tier has no shortage of good balance breakers. Hoopa does have that shed shell set w/ np/dark pulse/psyshock/gunk which bodybags stall, but that's kind of a bad set since it's awful in any other matchup.
Slowking C -> B-: it seems about on par with Slowbro to us in terms of usefulness, both have their perks and drawbacks. Slowbro is a rank higher but than in itself is something we're looking at.

Lastly, here is our take on the new Megas.
Mega Mawile A+: it's a very good Pokemon that can come in on enough Pokemon and then pickup a kill with the insane power and good coverage it has. It shines best against slower teams but Sucker Punch and it's acceptable bulk also make it akward for offense to handle cleanly. It's also a complete monster under Trick Room, as we all expected it to be.
Mega Medicham A+: also a very good Pokemon, Medicham likes to rip through anything slower than it and Fake Out chip everything else to death. Medicham's coverage options are pretty diverse and allows it to power through most of the Pokemon it needs to.
Mega Beedrill C
: not a particular good Pokemon but that lets it fit into C rather well. Only time will tell if Mega Beedrill can make a niche for itself now that Pheramosa has been banned.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Bout to agree with everything lolz

S -> A+ (Agree)
Yeh the CAP metagame isn't as kind to Mega Metagross as compared to SM OU. Pyroark being one of the most consistent SR users hurts its viability a lot since it struggles to 2HKO it besides using Zen Headbutt in Psychic Terrain. Other common checks such as Choice Scarf Mollux, Intimidate Tomohawk, and Cawmodore also disallow Mega Gross to spamming moves like it can in standard play, meaning that it often needs to actually make proper predictions in order to obtain the most use out of it. It is the most splashable Mega Evolution for offensive teams, but is not comparable to the other S rank mons currently.

A+ -> A (Agree)
Although Trick Room is quite potent at the moment, I also agree with the sentiment that it should drop. It often faces competition from other Fairy-type wallbreakers such as Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, and Kerfluffle, and although they do not have the same sweeping potentials as Magearna, the immediate offensive pressure they can apply in comparison to Magearna holds much higher value. This issue is amplified considering the amount of its checks that are re surging in popularity with examples being specially defensive Jirachi, Pyroark, Plasmanta, and Kitsunoh.

B+ -> A- (Agree)
I have always felt that vanilla Crucibelle has always been an underrated threat in CAP. Although the nerf to Talonflame made it lose most of its shine on defensive teams, Choice Scarf Crucibelle still provides offense a check to a myriad of volatile threats such as Volcorona, Tapu Lele, Auromoth, and Mega Charizard-X. Regenerator + its great offensive STAB coverage also means that Crucibelle can remain to be a consistent threat throughout the majority of the game. The issue with Steel-types is noticeable, however I have easily been able to mitigate it thanks to U-turn + trappers such as Dugtrio and Magnezone. Its also can soft check the majority of Flying, Fairy, and Fire types in the meta by virtue of its great natural bulk, which is also another benefited factor due to how popular those offensive types are.

A -> A+ (Heavily Agree)
Mollux is one of the most staple threats in the metagame due to how well it blanket checks a bunch of threats in addition to its great STAB offensive coverage turning it into a impactful teammate for the majority of games. Drapionswing covered most of the main points here, whether its Choice Scarf, specially defensive, or heck even Choice Specs, Mollux can be a great addition to nearly any team for every archetype. The Dugtrio weakness does hurt it quite a bit, but besides that Mollux is in a great spot in the current metagame and the ranking should reflect that.

The rest of the nominations I agree / am indifferent with so I won't bother making a comment on them.

For my own nom:

A+ -> S
Greninja is a top choice right now after the Pheromosa ban when it comes to a diverse wallbreaker thanks to Protean + its decent coverage allowing it to target whatever threat your team needs to take on. The most notable Greninja set that has been working the most for me at least is the Spikes set with either Life Orb or Expert Belt, since it can setup on Mega Sableye and can beat out most of the spinners / Defoggers in the metagame thanks to its offensive potency, supporting offensive teams astronomically. Its speed tier also makes it as effective as it is, outspeeding most of the unboosted metagame sans Tapu Koko, Mega Alakazam, and Strategem. All out attacking sets are also quite volatile, since some sets have been starting to run Extrasensory to break through would be checks in Mollux and Toxapex. All in all, Greninja is a dangerous offensive threat in the current metagame due to how it can pick and choose what checks it, and the rankings should reflect this. Also mind games on whether or not its Battle Bond Greninja also makes it even more difficult to properly scout.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
Volkraken A > A+

As Gen 7 progresses Volkraken continues to prove to be a very frightful force in the metagame. Choice Scarf sets are commonly used to revenge a wide range of top threats in the metagame such as Metagross-Mega, Aurumoth, Lando-T, Syclant and Crucibelle. This set is extremely effective at pressuring offensive teams lacking a sturdy water resist as analytic will often boost Hydro Pump damage to about 50% with rocks, thus freeing up momentum to switch into another threat. Volkraken's ability to revenge kill and clean games, whilst also acting as a wallbreaker in this offensive based metagame is a big plus for volkraken.

Choice Specs Volkraken has also been seeing much more usage as it proves to be a a very powerful threat in this metagame. It's analytic boosted Fire Blasts and Surfs can only be dealt with by sturdy resists with reliable recovery. This is especially valuable as Tapu Fini is a very common water/fire check which Volkraken is capable of overcoming. Other Water/Fire Checks such as Slowbro, Slowking, Toxapex or Latios aren't that common right now leaving ample breathing room for Volkraken to tear apart fat teams at it's will and almost mirroring Ash-Greninjas matchup versus offence. Volkraken's set is hard to decipher from team preview so this allows you to potentially bluff scarf and nuke something early on in the game, potentially resulting in a kill.

Skarmory A- > B+

Skarmory has proven to be a consistent physical steel type check, stopping threats like Mega Metagross and Scizor-Mega as well as grounds and dragons alike. However while doing this Skarmory proves to be excessively passive, letting in threats which may want to set hazards or remove hazards. Skarmory also struggles to compete with Tomohawk defensively as tomohawk can provide plentiful role compression while checking grounds and dragons and steels that have no coverage move to hit Tomo. Skarmory does have a niche over tomohawk in checking fairies, however dedicating Skarmory to checking these threats means investing in your SpDef leaving you exposed to other threats like Mega Pinsir or Mega Metagross, leaving Skarmory in an awkward position overall.

Tapu Bulu A- > B+

Tapu Bulu has definitely shown itself to be the least consistent Tapu in CAP. This is due to CAP inhabiting multiple grass checks such as Cyclohm, Tomohawk defensively and offensive checks like Syclant, Crucibelle volkraken and Cawmodore. Swords Dance sets fail to be fast enough to compete in this offensive metagame, whilst choice banded sets can fire off a powerful stab move however this allows for Tapu Bulu to be used to bring offensive threats that resist Grass in after and give them free turns. Due to this I think Bulu should be dropped from A- to B+.

Volcanion B+ > B-/C

Volkraken is really showing it's colors right now and I feel like Volcanion is heavily outclassed. It's poor speed tier misses out on advantageously out speeding slower threats such as Landorus-T or Tapu Bulu, Volkraken can. Running scarf to remedy this is pointless as Volkraken is much stronger and faster. Volcanion's wallbreaking potential is also failing to shine due to the offensive meta whereas Volkraken actually has a faster speed tier which allows it to run multiple sets such as specs or scarf. Overrall Volkraken heavily outclasses Volcanion as of now and it's only real advantage is Water Absorb.

Buzzwole B > C

Buzzwole is preforming poorly since the start of Sun and Moon. It's walled by common walls such as Pyroak or Tomohawk. Its slow speed is undesirable in this metagame as it leaves it susceptible to revenge killing from a majority of faster threats. It's only real niche is on playstyles that mitigate it's slow speed through Sticky Web or Trick Room. There's not really much reason to use it in this metagame and therefore should be dropped.

Mimikyu B- > B/B+

Disguise is an incredible ability, allowing you to revenge kill threats once a game or giving you ample set up opportunity in later stages in the game. Mimikyu is a very difficult pokemon to play around for offensive teams as it can come in and potentially revenge kill any weakened pokemon as long as your Disguise is preserved. Swords Dance sets are good at cleaning up lategame as they have free setup, and while abusing a Z move on one of the best offensive types in the current metagame, being ghost typing, it proves to be a considerable threat in the metagame. As well as revenge killing, Disguise has been utilized to get Trick Room up without taking any damage thus making Trick Room more potent as a playstyle.

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
Since there were no objections to the changes we proposed in our latest post, I've gone ahead and implemented the changes. Notably, Mega Mawhile, Mega Medicham, and Mega Beedrill have been ranked in A+ and C, respectively. I've also updated the CAP sprites to the newest iteration of them, thanks HeaL for the help with that.

I don't have much to say on the changes DrapionSwing and Funbot28 brought up, since the VR Council has yet to go over them. However, we did happen to discuss an earlier Mollux nomination to A+, and we agreed that Mollux is most comparable to the Pokemon in A in terms of what it does and what it checks. Mainly, we felt that the scarf set is overrated because it fails to check setup sweepers, most notably Aurumoth, that most other Scarf users can. As a scarfer, Volkraken just gives it too much competition. Therefore, Mollux's main appeal comes from its SpDef set, which is on par with other defensive Pokemon in A, such as Cyclohm, Ferrothorn, Pyroak, and Tapu Fini. SpDef Mollux no doubt does a great job at walling special attackers, notably Ash Greninja and Tapu Koko, but it does have trouble checking many of the top Pokemon in the metagame. Similiarly, the other A ranked Pokemon I mentioned excel at checking certain groups of Pokemon, but have issues with a group of prominent Pokemon for some reason or another.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hey So Just hear me out on this one alright.
COLOSSOIL A --------> A-/B+

So Colossoil in Generation 6 sat at the rank of S for quite some time. It was not until late ORAS that it was dethroned (for some reason I can't remember I think maybe it was because of clefable). Now in generation 7 with the Arrival of over a handful of new fairies and threats it seems Colossoil seems to not only be less popular but also less Viable. In my opinion Colossoil can not Sweep Support or Wall portions of the metagame as the A rank suggests it should. Colossoil actually lost a lot of what it had going for it in Generation 6. I rarely see it now in today's metagame because there are simply better Pokemon. Tapu Fini sure as hell is a better wall than Colossoil, and there are plenty of better attackers in the tier. In my honest opinion it doesn't make sense for Colossoil to sit at an A rank at all.

Exclaimer basically Summed up what I planned on editing in today. Colossoil lacks the offensive pressure to really remain a threat into today's metagame. Excadrill does a much better job at pressuring the opponent's team and Exca is at B+. There is no reason Colossoil should be in the same rank as Mega Scizor and Charizard X. That just seems really silly doesn't it. Colossoil just isn't as viable as it once was.

Last edited:
I personally don't know much about the viability of colossoil right now since I barely play, but I'm 100% sure that Colossoil is not a wall in any way shape or form, and it sure wasn't last gen. It got less bulky in gen 7 but it also got more offensive. It'd be a more solid argument if you stated why Colossoil's offensive presence doesn't do it anymore these days.

If I had anything to contribute for Colossoil's downrank, I'd say "Colossoil is strapped for moveslots because it really wants to rapid spin, pursuit, sucker punch, knock off, earthquake, iron tail, taunt, and encore simultaneously". Having tried to use colossoil (To success, but not as much as last gen), 4MSS seems to be a huge issue for it now more than ever, especially since the downfall of AV colo

EDIT: nevermind on the iron tail part, that was a dumb surprise move I liked when clefable was top tier

Reactions: BP

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Syclant: A+ --> A

While Syclant is still an extremely viable Pokemon with its great offensive, quick speed tier, and a variety of strong coverage moves on both sides of the attacking spectrum, it is currently facing extreme competition from both Tapu Koko and Greninja, Who both outclass it in speed, offensive punch, and typing. And while it does still contain the niche of being able to utilize other options, such as Spikes and Tail Glow, it is unable to easily execute them because of the fast metagame threats and its overall fraility. Furthermore, the rise of Choice Scarf users, such as Plasmanta, Tapu Lele and Volkraken continues to make Syclant's job a bit harder, as these items bypass its speed stat, and hit it for massive damage. Still, it has incredible viability, and hits a number of tier superpowers, such as Zygarde, Tomohawk, and Landorus-T ruthlessly hard, with its coverage moves hitting most other Pokemon in the tier as well.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

Syclant: A+ --> A (Agree)
Syclant is entirely outclassed as a spiker by Greninja and a tail glow user by Aurumoth. The only thing that holds Syclant up are its incredible Speed tier, great coverage moves, and its ability to run just about whatever set it wants. However these qualities still make it hard to hold Syclant at A+. As LucarioOfLegends stated " Furthermore, the rise of Choice Scarf users, such as Plasmanta, Tapu Lele and Volkraken continues to make Syclant's job a bit harder, as these items bypass its speed stat, and hit it for massive damage." I personally don't think Syclant really deserves to be dropped because it is a timeless CAP pokemon that has helped me win a lot of games in the past but Unfortunately Syclant just doesn't hold up at A+

Hey, so I have a few questions.

1. Why is Zydoge ranked, let alone B-?
2. Why is Talonflame ranked?
3. Why is Confagrigus ranked?

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Hey, so I have a few questions.

1. Why is Zydoge ranked, let alone B-?
2. Why is Talonflame ranked?
3. Why is Confagrigus ranked?
Can't answer 1, but Talon is probably ranked for the Z-Brave Bird set that fires off priority Skystrike and then Brave Bird, and Cofag is ranked for checking Medi well alongside a threatening TR/NP set I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)