Other Gen 6 NeverUsed Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Maybe. It might be able to just get by with that huge HP stat. I forget the number but when I played with mine ingame he managed to take powerful SE hits and strike back with Avalanche as long as he wasn't hit by a fighting or steel attack. Not the best thing to judge competitive value but it's something at least.
I think AOPSUser was referencing the fact that its hidden ability is Snow Warning, which would give it a lot more usage than its crappy typing suggests. Snow Warning hasn't been released yet, but if it is, Aurorus will probably rise out of NU.

At this point, I don't think you can assume Gogoat or Aromatisse will be NU. Aromatisse is like Audino 3.0, and with its bulk and typing I'd really be surprised if it doesn't make RU. Gogoat is quite decent defensively too and might make some higher tier.

Fletchinder just sucks.
Well, this is the NU speculation thread, so there's nothing you can do besides make assumptions! I know both of those Pokes very well, so let me explain. Aromatisse is generally outclassed by Sylveon, Florges, and Clefable, and between the 3 of them I'm pretty confident one (or more) will wind up RU. This would leave Aromatisse likely in NU. Gogoat has good defenses, recovery, and boosting, but competes with Amoongus for the Grass tank role, and Sawsbuck for the role of physical booster, among others. Both of which were NU last gen, so I think Gogoat has a good chance wind up there as well.

Aromatisse is generally outclassed by Sylveon, Florges, and Clefable, and between the 3 of them I'm pretty confident one (or more) will wind up RU. This would leave Aromatisse likely in NU.
I dunno. Sylveon and Florges make good Clerics and Clefable is damn annoying with Cosmic Power spam. I think all three are UU at least leaving the smelly puffball at RU.

Fletchinder doesn't work with a usual banded set, taking all current NU Pokemon as the new standard. So uh, here's something...

Fletchinder @ Leichi Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature, 252Atk/252Spe/4Def
-Substitute
-Flame Charge (lol)
-Flail (roflmao)/ Swords Dance
-Acrobatics

Yeah, SubLeichi. Very little to say (other than Infiltrator, priority and sound moves will wreck you sry). Even in NU 84 Base Speed is not good enough so do try to get at least one Flame Charge in so Jolly Sawk doesn't Stone Edge your day. Once your Leichi Berry is gone (along with you know, all your goddamn health) you can spam your powerful priority Acrobatics. Flail is a silly move to use and doesn't add coverage so while you're behind a sub Swords Dance and Flame Charge until you have something that resemble stats. But if you do use Flail your opponent might laugh and let you win the match for cheering them up that day. Maybe they had a rough day, lost their job, and went onto XY NU to try and take out some stress. Then your Fletchinder flails in their face and it makes them laugh so hard they forget their worries. That's a nice thought.

Seriously though I'm not sure what Fletchinder can do, all things considered.

What do you guys think of Marill?

Marill @Eviolite
Ability: Huge Power (obviously lol)
Adamant Nature, 252 atk, 252 HP, rest in speed

Just basically a tad bit weaker attack wise Azumarill but bulkier in the defences just for the lower tiers?

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
What do you guys think of Marill?

Marill @Eviolite
Ability: Huge Power (obviously lol)
Adamant Nature, 252 atk, 252 HP, rest in speed

Just basically a tad bit weaker attack wise Azumarill but bulkier in the defences just for the lower tiers?
Unfortunately, it's more than just a tad weaker; Marill has the equivalent of 89 base Attack (with the Huge Power boost), while Azumarill has 149 base Attack.

So yeah, it's just not worth using, even in the lower tiers. :\

Here's another NFE that might have a use in NU

Frogadier @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Grass Knot/HP Fire

It plays exactly like Greninja and has almost the same special movepool, it faces some competition from Samurott but its meant to be played out as a late game cleaner.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Frogadier @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Grass Knot/HP Fire

It plays exactly like Greninja and has almost the same special movepool, it faces some competition from Samurott but its meant to be played out as a late game cleaner.
I've looked into Frogadier as well, it's interesting but I'm not so sure about its chances. 97 Speed is nice, and Protean + Life Orb give it powerful coverage despite a meager 83 base SpA. However, when you look at its pathetic 54/52/56 defenses it can't switch into anything and it is easily revenged. It also lacks Spikes, which is a huge letdown (although it still has TSpikes).

While we're on the topic of NFE's, how about everyone's favorite:

Sliggoo almost looks too cute for NU, but with Eviolite it promises to be one of the bulkiest special walls in the tier. 68/53/113 are decent physically with the Eviolite boost, and with max investment Sliggo reaches an astronomical 535 SpD. It plays just like Goodra in OU. It has the same 83 base SpA as Frogadier, and a wide movepool including BoltBeam, Sludge Wave, Draco Meteor, and Muddy Water. Just to show off how incredibly bulky this thing is:

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Frogadier Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Eviolite Sliggoo: 127-151 (37.3 - 44.4%)
0 SpA Sliggoo Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Frogadier: 126-148 (50.6 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yep, a LO STAB super effective Ice Beam deals less than Sliggo's uninvested Dragon Pulse. But how about something familiar? Let's cut right to 5th Gen NU's premier special Ice attacker, Jynx:

252 SpA Life Orb Jynx Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Eviolite Sliggoo: 156-187 (45.8 - 55%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO

Even one of the strongest super effective special attacks in the tier can't muster a guaranteed 2HKO against Sliggo. The only problems are that Sliggo will face tons of competition from Regice, lacks Dragon Tail (somehow, it gets Poison Tail & Iron Tail -_-;), and doesn't have recovery outside of HydraRest. Speaking of HydraRest, that makes it an excellent partner with Jynx and other Rain-friendly mons:

Sliggoo @Eviolite
Calm, 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Rain Dance
- Rest

It could also potentially run a more offensive set with those wonderful coverage moves, or a physically defensive set with Gooey. I can't wait for NU to get here!

I think Chesnaught is going to be NU. First, Flying powerhouses like Moltres, Scyther and Archeops still in RU and all three OHKO him with appropriate move. Second, Chesnaught is walled by Steelix and Escalavier, but none of then can do much in return. Third, in RU there's some hard hitting fire types.

Even in NU, Chesnaught's live isn't going to be easy. Torkoal can spin spikes and could burn him with lava plume. Swellow easily OHKO with brave bird. Without a Rock type move, Articuno, Drifblim (fears shadow claw or payback) and Altaria can wall and cripple with status, or OHKO (offensive variants)/2HKO (defensive variants). Also, most of Psychic and Ghost types in the tier give troubles for Chesnaught. Sub-Disable Haunter is an example.

Some Cals:

0 SpA Articuno Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Chesnaught: 396-468 (104.2 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Articuno Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Chesnaught: 291-346 (76.5 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Beheeyem Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Chesnaught: 408-480 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Flying Gem Drifblim Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 424-504 (111.5 - 132.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Exeggutor Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Chesnaught: 408-480 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Chesnaught: 512-606 (134.7 - 159.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Jynx Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Chesnaught: 307-361 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Guts Swellow Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Chesnaught: 744-880 (195.7 - 231.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This might seem strange but I honestly think Chesnaught will be UU, not NU. Chesnaught has really good physical bulk, and Bulletproof is such an awesome ability that I think it's going to be nowhere near NU. Even though UU has some stuff like Crobat, Chesnaught's bulk and access to Spikes would be pretty cool, and it's one of the few physically defensive spikers around. Chesnaught also has an immunity to powder moves, and Sludge Bomb too so it can come in on most Roserade and set up Spikes; it also has Spikes+Roar, making it a great spiker. It's also very potent offensively with great coverage and good power. This isn't the UU speculation thread but this is basically why I think there is absolutely no way Chesnaught is going to be NU.

Also the sad thing about Frogadier is that Samurott's Ice Beam is stronger than Frogadier's, though it is kind of interesting.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There is no point in discussing about a tier that we have no idea on how it will look like. All posts here are pure theorymon and the only thing that can be discussed from experience is which Pokemon that were NU in 5th gen won't be anymore because they got buffed enough to become OU or potentially UU. Arguing and discussing based on nothing but theorymon is not what we want from our threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)