Gen 4 Gen 4 is probably my fav Gen right now.

This is my second Gen 4 OU team. Gen 4 and ORaS seem the most appealing to me rn. Rather than having to defend myself against fast threats, I decided to make a team where the opponent has the work of defending instead.

(Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Trick
- Ice Punch

Being faster than most opposing leads and simply Iron Head'ing works well. If I don't get a flinch on turn 1, I can simply withdraw Jirachi and use it as a revenge killer later in the game. I have gotten the least usage out of Trick, but I don't want to change this to something that doesn't have Serene Grace. Is there a different Jirachi set or a Togekiss that works best as a lead, which can also be withdrawn for use as a late game revenge killer?

Arnoud Legoux (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

If my Starmie ever dies, it is usually to opposing Starmie. The move which has served the lowest purpose is Ice Beam. It's only for hitting Roserade or KO'ing Pokemon that are already at low HP accurately. It has not done enough to opposing Latias.

C.App Vaness82love (Swampert) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Having TWO water types which do very different things is a great thing considering that, regrettably, Grass offense is not good in this generation, leaving opponents with few resources to take care of a fast Water type with BoltBeam and then a defensive water type which can SR and Roar to lower the HP of several opposing Pokemon. I am using a default EV set and was doubtful about the lack of Special Defense. This is also the perfect moveset when already in possession of a quick Hydro Pump user.

Crystal Clear Wing (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

The premier defensive Pokemon of the game. You might think I'm Magnezone weak, especially if you go ahead and see the 3rd Steel, but it doesn't turn up often because if the opponent doesn't go into Magnezone for my Jirachi lead, odds are low that they even have it. If they do go into Magnezone, well, so far I've been able to just outplay.

Borrelsword (Machamp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 152 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch

I forget what the EVs do. Payback is excellent for getting Rotom formes which spinblock me. Opposing teams are most unprepared if the Machamp stays hidden for at least 10 turns. Ice Punch is used the least but cannot be removed due to Gliscor, Dragons, etc.
Should I use Rest on this set?

Tag Force Special (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

The high SpDef is good for stopping Scarf Latias and reliably staying alive to KO a Starmie which doesn't flee. If it does flee, I U-Turn and gain more momentum anyway. Scizor rarely does a set up sweep early in the game. Its purpose is mainly to be a pivot and force switches. Because Scizor loses to every other steel type in OU, I am considering Knock Off in the place of Swords Dance so it can do something useful if I am getting swept. Scizor doesn't even learn Reflect. Has anyone used Tailwind Scizor with some success over other moves? One of the only situations where Swords Dance has been useful is when Gyarados (if the opponent is only showing me for the first time) Intimidates me, and even then, the purpose is just to wear it down faster by U-Turning, and switching after getting the knowledge of what move it has selected that turn.

In a short time, I was able to get to mid-1300s, and most losses were just due to getting interrupted or choosing moves while multi-tasking.

Okay I have just lost to Spiritomb and Magnezone. Nothing I could done about it. I can't KO both with Dynamic Punch and Payback, and the Magnezone was able to wipe out my Steels. Even a Shed Shell would not help, as the Magnezone had Magnet Rise for my Swampert.
My stay in the 1400s was short. However, the team still works well offensively.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
I think this team looks a little better than the last one. It has good synergy and common cores like Swampert + Skarmory, which perfectly cover each other's weaknesses.

Well, analyzing a little bit... don't Zapdos give you problems? I think it's a pretty common mon, especially as a lead. Like, as you say, Magnezone. Having 3 steel pokemon can be a problem, since it can easily enter any of them.

Hm, I don't see the idea of using Shed Shell in Skarm as crazy, seeing as you have pert. You already have Roost as a recovery method, although it is true that Leftovers is the main thing. As an option it's not bad.

You can try a
>
lead. If anything, it would be your LO or Lum Berry offensive set. Thus, apart from gaining strength vs Zapdos or zone, you can surprise with HP Grass vs pert lead, for example. Shuca as an option with HP Ice for Gliscor, Flygon or nite. This is separate, since you carry several things such as the pert or Starmie itself.

Raikou @ LO / Lum Berry / Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball / Ex Speed
- Hidden Power Grass / Ice

Nature Rash is mandatory if you want to wear Aura Sphere. It is true that you lose a little SpD, but you gain response for Ttar, Heatran or zone. With Shuca support you can be a good DD nite or DD Gyara with HP Ice or Tbolt. There are so many options in Raikou. It all depends on the team. Shadow Ball is good coverage for Latias or Rotom forms. Extreme Speed is not a bad option to finish off other leads like Azelf.

By the way, speaking of Starmie, isn't it better to rent a more defensive set with Recover? With double stab Surf + Psychic for nape, loom or Gengar. This way you can keep it longer and RSpin with less pressure.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Psychic

•If you prefer, you can put 216 EV's in speed, so you continue overcoming threats like Nape or Gengar and finishing off with Psychic.

If, on the other hand, you want greater bulk, the 136 HP / 156 SpA / 216 Spe option is what you are looking for. With this you can finish with loom full hp and with Surf they are 2HKOes to ttar or Rotom after SR damage.

If you prefer (this is an isolated option), you can use Specs/Scarf
instead with HWish wouldn't be a bad option. Power or speed. In any case, they both fit well. Oh, it would also be another option for that spam to zone or Zapdos.

Latias @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid / Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Trick

Trick + STalk is a good combination, as you can absorb Spore from loom or Roserade and cripple things like Clefable or Bliss. Modest is a good alternative to exploit the full potential of Latias.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Healing Wish

• Well, similar to the set specs and function of Raikou (Shuca). With DM you can remove DD nite + Tbolt for DD Gyara. TWave or Recover/Roost are other options. HWish is recommended to give some support to the team by sacrificing Latias. If you make the Lucario > Scizor switch, you still have good synergy and effective response to Latias' threats.

Since I see that you play SR in pert + Spikes in Skarm... how about trying a
or
<--- instead of
? I consider it to be something basic, taking into account the above. In this way, you act as a spinblock and thus put more pressure on your opponent.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

• I recommend this set over scarf because I think it performs a better role and fits well into the team structure. Rotom needs all the bulk it can get. You can burn things like Bronzong, Jirachi or Metagross and act as a Spinblock. 56 EV's in speed are to surpass neutral ttar, but I doubt it will be used like this, but it doesn't hurt to take it into account.

Gengar @ Black Sludge / Lum Berry
EVs: 84 HP / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

• Well, similar in function to Rotom, only more offensive and, obviously, faster as well. WoW for the ttar itself (Focus Blast) or steels like Jirachi / Scizor. Taunt for Bliss, Clefable, Hippowdon or Skarmory. Lum Berry would be the other option to fit Spore from the annoying loom. Good alternative if you decide to use Scarf Latias.

Last but not least, you could consider a
>
. I think you'll get better use of SR + Spikes, since Lucario loves it. Either an SD LO or Agility set can do well here, especially keeping in mind if you swap out Rotom/Gengar for the threat of Pursuit ttar.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Agility
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch / Crunch / Ice Punch

• Lucario has a great offensive presence, especially thanks to CC + SD and the SR + Spikes combination. Almost no one likes to suffer that damage. BPunch is for Gengar mainly. Ice Punch or Crunch seem like better options in the Agility set to me. In fact, you can put 124 EV's in Speed (247) to surpass Scarf Flygon and, thus, you can distribute the rest wherever you want. This is just an idea in the Agility set, since the downside is that you won't be able to beat Heatran (not Agility) or win speed tie against another Lucario (Adamant).

I think that would be all. I don't know if I've left something out, but I hope I've helped you. Luck.

Last edited:
good synergy and common cores like Swampert + Skarmory, which perfectly cover each other's weaknesses.

Well, analyzing a little bit... don't Zapdos give you problems?

Hm, I don't see the idea of using Shed Shell in Skarm as crazy, seeing as you have pert. You already have Roost as a recovery method, although it is true that Leftovers is the main thing. As an option it's not bad.

You can try a
>
lead. If anything, it would be your LO or Lum Berry offensive set. Thus, apart from gaining strength vs Zapdos or zone, you can surprise with HP Grass vs pert lead, for example. Shuca as an option with HP Ice for Gliscor, Flygon or nite. This is separate, since you carry several things such as the pert or Starmie itself.

Raikou @ LO / Lum Berry / Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
Rash Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball / Ex Speed
- Hidden Power Grass / Ice

Nature Rash is mandatory if you want to wear Aura Sphere. It is true that you lose a little SpD, but you gain response for Ttar, Heatran or zone. With Shuca support you can be a good DD nite or DD Gyara with HP Ice or Tbolt. There are so many options in Raikou. It all depends on the team. Shadow Ball is good coverage for Latias or Rotom forms. Extreme Speed is not a bad option to finish off other leads like Azelf.

By the way, speaking of Starmie, isn't it better to rent a more defensive set with Recover? With double stab Surf + Psychic for nape, loom or Gengar. This way you can keep it longer and RSpin with less pressure.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Psychic

•If you prefer, you can put 216 EV's in speed, so you continue overcoming threats like Nape or Gengar and finishing off with Psychic.

If, on the other hand, you want greater bulk, the 136 HP / 156 SpA / 216 Spe option is what you are looking for. With this you can finish with loom full hp and with Surf they are 2HKOes to ttar or Rotom after SR damage.

Last but not least, you could consider a
>
. I think you'll get better use of SR + Spikes, since Lucario loves it. Either an SD LO or Agility set can do well here, especially keeping in mind if you swap out Rotom/Gengar for the threat of Pursuit ttar.

• Lucario has a great offensive presence

I think that would be all. I don't know if I've left something out, but I hope I've helped you. Luck.
Zapdos only gives me problems if it has Hidden Power Grass and isn't 0 SpA. I myself am using Toxic Thundurus in a different meta rn and a Toxic-using Electric/Flying type would be an issue for me in Gen 4 also.

Reason I won't change to Lucario is because SpDef Scizor is my answer to Latias, a Pokemon which can learn various moves to hit things on my team. If I don't Roost with Scizor, I may eventually lose to the Latias.

Aura Sphere Raikou lead is worth considering as I'd take less damage from Heat Wave Zapdos. My only concern with the event Shiny Rash Raikou is how it gives too much information away.

Starmie EV spread cannot be changed as Starmie itself is how to beat other Starmie. Sometimes I switch it in and go for a Speed Tie TBolt.

Yes, the team is much much better than the first RMT I posted.
I'll re-read your spinblocker sections later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)