gauging interest for yet another bassgame

Punishments?

• Total voters

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yes, I am currently developing another one. I have many new innovations planned for this one for those who have played the last three I made (and whatever variants that have been hosted by others since), but I obviously won't disclose those until the game starts. I have created this thread to gauge interest so I can figure out an ideal time to host the game as well as whether or not it's worth spending some of my free time until then to actually finish making the game. I do work full time and have some travel plans in the winter, so my schedule as a host will not be as flexible as it once was.

For those who don't know what a "bassgame" is, it's a free-for-all type game where all of the players compete in various "tasks" (in other words, various minigames that I come up with on the spot). The tasks are meant to resemble the types of games most people in this forum are accustomed to (particularly mafia, NOT walruses), so mastery of strategy, tactics, and psychological warfare are all thoroughly tested.

Another hallmark feature of these games are the punishments given for elimination, which I understand to be both loved and hated by some. Since many years have passed since I last hosted one, I am not sure how people still feel about about them so please be sure to vote in the poll.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've never been in / seen a bassgame but I'd heard much critical claim about them. However, I do have a question; in what ways does a bassgame differ from the the genius game?

"For those who don't know what a "bassgame" is, it's a free-for-all type game where all of the players compete in various "tasks" (in other words, various minigames that I come up with on the spot)."

The above just sounds pretty much how I would describe the genius / the genius game, so I'm more curious than anything else.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
As one of the first games I played here, I'd LOVE to have another Bassgame. Would be a neat way to test how much I've improved since 2014 once and for all.

I'm only playing if punishments are included, it wouldn't really be Bassgame without them tbh

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've never been in / seen a bassgame but I'd heard much critical claim about them. However, I do have a question; in what ways does a bassgame differ from the the genius game?

"For those who don't know what a "bassgame" is, it's a free-for-all type game where all of the players compete in various "tasks" (in other words, various minigames that I come up with on the spot)."

The above just sounds pretty much how I would describe the genius / the genius game, so I'm more curious than anything else.
I am not sure if I can answer this question fully given that I have never formally played a genius game. However, going off of skimming the thread for the game US is hosting right now, I would say the biggest difference is that my games ("bassgames") are much less structured. I also like to add in lots of cryptic elements as well. For example, figuring out where I posted the rules was part of one of the tasks, another one required solving a riddle to find a hidden link. Also (although I am not sure if this is true of the Genius Game), my tasks are generally completely original creations which for the most part are not based on any external source material (although nevertheless many people have compared them to the rounds shown in the Liar Game manga).

I strongly suggest you read the postgame for my previous game, as this provides a lot of insight in regards to how I design my games.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
in comparison to genius game structure, bassgame is essentially only main matches and multiple people can be eliminated at once rather than having 1 loser per round

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)