Garchomp (reassigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Garchomp

Overview
#########
+ Has base 130 Attack Pre-Mega Evolution, which is quite useful
+ Has 102 Speed Pre-Mega Evolution, allowing to outspeed lots with scarf
+ Rough Skin allows all contact to come at a cost
+ Sand Veil allows for more evasion on sand teams
+ Access to high base power moves
- Loses Speed upon Mega Evolution
- Dual weakness to Ice
- No accessibility to priority
- Mediocre Special Defense pre and post Mega Evolution

Choice Scarf
#########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Iron Head / Poison Jab
move 3: Dragon Claw
move 4: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Rough Skin
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

Earthquake is vital on Garchomp due to it's partial Ground typing, allowing it to get STAB. With Earthquake in it's movepool, it can get rid of a plethora of threats, ranging from Cyclohm, Fidgit, Stratagem (if carrying Technician), Kitsunoh, Krilowatt, Mollux, Plasmanta, and Volkraken to Bisharp, Excadrill, Heatran, and Metagross (including it's mega). When battling against a team that has Fairy-types on it, Iron Head or Poison Jab are amazingly helpful. They both have the same base power, allowing for the same damage to be dealt (depending on the typing of the foe and/or the defenses). Dragon Claw allows for another STAB boosted move that can help with getting rid of other Dragons, such as Cyclohm. Stone Edge and Rock Slide are the two coverage moves that allow it to hit various flying types or fire types that aren't weak to it's other moves, allowing it to have a good spread of coverage.

Last edited:
Wow, that was pretty fast. Ik this is a WIP, but just suggesting a few things:
1)
+ Access to high damage moves
I dunno, this sounds slightly weird to me, idk why tho. I think high Base Power moves might sound a bit better, maybe?

2) You list Outrage as a must-have on the Scarf set, which I don't necessarily agree with, as I really don't like being trapped into a single move, especially with the dramatic increase of Fairies everywhere.

3) There is no Poison Jab or Iron Head on the set, which means it has no way of dealing with Fairies, which I think it would appreciate.

tbh I haven't used Chomp in a long time and these are just little things that I thought of. Nice to see you off the mark so fast, and look forward to seeing more.

dhelmise

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Wow, that was pretty fast. Ik this is a WIP, but just suggesting a few things:
1)
I dunno, this sounds slightly weird to me, idk why tho. I think high Base Power moves might sound a bit better, maybe?

2) You list Outrage as a must-have on the Scarf set, which I don't necessarily agree with, as I really don't like being trapped into a single move, especially with the dramatic increase of Fairies everywhere.

3) There is no Poison Jab or Iron Head on the set, which means it has no way of dealing with Fairies, which I think it would appreciate.

tbh I haven't used Chomp in a long time and these are just little things that I thought of. Nice to see you off the mark so fast, and look forward to seeing more.
Yes, I know. Again, this was copied from the Garchomp Page on the X/Y competitive dex as a SKELETON. Thanks for all of the feedback though!

In the future when you start posting other sets, consider band and stealth rock (Vulpix's supreme) sets as well. I think you can slash outrage on the set, even though it's not that good being trapped into the move, it has a High 120 BP that can rip some holes into teams, especially if fairies/skarm/pyroak are out of the game. I'm only suggesting this because I've seen it work on the ladder

dhelmise

free palestine
Social Media Head
In the future when you start posting other sets, consider band and stealth rock (Vulpix's supreme) sets as well. I think you can slash outrage on the set, even though it's not that good being trapped into the move, it has a High 120 BP that can rip some holes into teams, especially if fairies/skarm/pyroak are out of the game. I'm only suggesting this because I've seen it work on the ladder
erhm
this is wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)