Fun With Arbitrary Code Execution (Gen 1+2)

I'm not sure if this is something that usually gets discussed here but the Glitch City forums aren't around anymore and I think a conversation on Discord would get derailed too quickly, so here I am.

I recently learned how to use ACE in gen 2 and have decided to mess around and conquer the Stadium games using Pokemon with "improved" movesets. And I dont mean just giving them all Lock-On and OHKO, I'm talking more Venusaur with Sludge Bomb, giving Pokemon their NYPC-exclusive moves, and filling out shallow movepools. Can't make things too easy after all.
So tell me what you would add to any gen 1+2 Pokemon's set to spice things up a bit.

I need ideas for: Petit/Little Cup, Poke Cup, and Prime Cup/Gym Leader Castle

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
You could always give your Pokemon moves they only get access to in later generations. Quagsire with Recover, Arcanine with Morning Sun, Rapidash with Megahorn etc. I was actually contemplating doing a challenge run at some point based around this theme, I believe I wrote a list of some of the notable additions so I'll see if I can find it.

You could always give your Pokemon moves they only get access to in later generations. Quagsire with Recover, Arcanine with Morning Sun, Rapidash with Megahorn etc. I was actually contemplating doing a challenge run at some point based around this theme, I believe I wrote a list of some of the notable additions so I'll see if I can find it.
Typhlosion with Solarbeam, Meganium with Leech Seed (albeit it's still an egg move I think), and (insert mon) with Pay Day would be brilliant.

I'd love to do a challenge like that incidentally lol.

Outside of new level up/egg/event moves and moves that were TMs/Tutors in Gen II but can be be learns by more Pokmeon in later gens, Here is a nice list for moves to try out on various Pokemon. Moves with * after them are Gen I TMs, but they were completely new as a widely-available move to Gen II Pokemon in the gens listed below.

Introduced in Gen III:
-Light Screen
-Safeguard
-Reflect*
-Mega Punch*
-Swords Dance*
-Mega Kick*
-Body Slam*
-Double-Edge*
-Counter*
-Seismic Toss*
-Mimic*
-Metronome*
-Self-destruct*
-Soft-boiled*
-Sky Attack*
-Thunder Wave*
-Explosion*
-Rock Slide*
-Substitute*

Introduced in Gen IV:
-False Swipe
-Spite
-Synthesis
-Ancient Power
-Outrage
-Twister
-Low Kick
-Pain Split
-Super Fang
-Heal Bell
-String Shot

Introduced in Gen V:
-Bind

Introduced in Gen VI:
-none

Introduced in Gen VII:
-Leech Life

Introduced in Gen VIII:
-Pay Day*
-Pin Missile
-Fire Spin
-Screech
-Scary Face
-Charm
-Beat Up
-Hydro Pump
-Agility
-Focus Energy
-Amnesia
-Tri Attack*
-Reversal
-Spikes
-Megahorn
-Baton Pass
-Encore
-Crunch
-Future Sight

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)