Freefall

Status
Not open for further replies.
The better fly/dive/dig...I can think of a few ways this can be abused...

http://www.filb.de/1353
I presume wargle is using it 30 seconds into the video

Freefall
Flying
Physical
60BP, 10PP, 100 Acc
It attacks by raising the opponent skyward on the first turn, then dropping them on the second. The opponent that has been raised cannot move.

In multi-battles. Multiple battles are bumped up a notch this generation. The applications in multi-battles are almost endless... e.g. ganging up on one pokemon. Using 2 freefalls to make it a one on one (also, that last pokemon might not even be aiming at the pokemon YOU have left.)

Toxic and weather stalling. Fly was sometimes used with Articuno to toxic stall and hailstall.

Perish song? Maybe one of the Pokes will get perish song with this. Knocks a turn off P.Song... (you perish sing. opponent attacks. if (s)he doesn't switch: you use freefall. opponent cannot attack/switch this turn. the next turn, i presume (s)he can only attack but not switch as the pokemon is still "in the sky". Perish song's turn count is over. gg)

Rest talk? Burning a turn of sleep with this move...

I might be wrong in some cases. In that case, i'm sorry.
Other than that, seems like a fun move...

It's a pity that the pokemon who learn this aren't exactly bulky staller types, or it would be hilarious to use it in combination with recovery items and stuff like that.

Sorry bout that Nicki.

http://www.filb.de/1353
I presume wargle is using it 30 seconds into the video

Freefall
Flying
Physical
60BP, 10PP, 100 Acc
It attacks by raising the opponent skyward on the first turn, then dropping them on the second. The opponent that has been raised cannot move.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If the freefall Pokemon is faster and the target loses its turn, does it also lose its next turn (the turn it gets dropped), or do you get to choose a move while in the air and execute it right after you get dropped?

If the freefall Pokemon is faster and the target loses its turn, does it also lose its next turn (the turn it gets dropped), or do you get to choose a move while in the air and execute it right after you get dropped?
I'm thinking the latter, since Aerodactyl or Agility Zapdos would be pretty broken with this.

Here's a list of all the Pokemon that get Free Fall for reference.

Level Up

Aerodactyl
Washibon
Wargle

TM

Charizard
Aerodactyl
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite
Mew
Skarmory
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Peliper
Rayquaza
Washibon
Wargle
Torunerosu (Flying Genie)
Borutotosu (Electric/Flying Genie)

i was going to suggest wish/freefall but looking at the attackdex i dont think its a possible combo but there are a few wish/fly learners

Er

It's a pity that the pokemon who learn this aren't exactly bulky staller types, or it would be hilarious to use it in combination with recovery items and stuff like that.
Er-Hem, Lugia and Ho-oh are both on that list. If they aren't bulky I'd love to know what is.

Er-Hem, Lugia and Ho-oh are both on that list. If they aren't bulky I'd love to know what is.
I suspect Gen IV ubers were not in his discussion; there's a quiet understanding that most talk is of OU without explicitly discussing others. This is without going into the discussion of 'let's not pre-set tiers', just my observation of talk around here.

I suspect Gen IV ubers were not in his discussion; there's a quiet understanding that most talk is of OU without explicitly discussing others. This is without going into the discussion of 'let's not pre-set tiers', just my observation of talk around here.
Zapdos and Skarmory are bulky and they were OU in Gen 4.

There may be a specific flag regarding this move if anybody is willing to test over WiFi.
Here are the steps:

One person uses Freefall. The other uses Peck. If Peck hits while you're dragged in the air, check it again with Water Pulse. If that works, too, that's what the flag is for.

Zapdos and Skarmory are bulky and they were OU in Gen 4.
That's what I get for not looking at the source message! -doffs hat-

There may be a specific flag regarding this move if anybody is willing to test over WiFi.
Here are the steps:

One person uses Freefall. The other uses Peck. If Peck hits while you're dragged in the air, check it again with Water Pulse. If that works, too, that's what the flag is for.
What are you looking for? I don't understand. I am interested to see, by the way, if Gust (lol) and Thunder work on this. There needs to be a stronger version of Gust, if so. 60 Pow would be enough. ...

I wonder if Wind Storm works... o_o

http://stuff.veekun.com/bw-moves.html

Go to column "Flags"
Check the 5th number from the left.
If it's a "1", the flag is active, and I suspect this flag means "Can hit while grabbed by Freefall"

If this can be tested, it would be brilliant.

Please note that Thunder *doesn't* have this flag, so it's not generic "hits aerial opponent"

That's what I get for not looking at the source message! -doffs hat-

What are you looking for? I don't understand. I am interested to see, by the way, if Gust (lol) and Thunder work on this. There needs to be a stronger version of Gust, if so. 60 Pow would be enough. ...

I wonder if Wind Storm works... o_o
Don't forget Twister! :D

http://stuff.veekun.com/bw-moves.html

Go to column "Flags"
Check the 5th number from the left.
If it's a "1", the flag is active, and I suspect this flag means "Can hit while grabbed by Freefall"

If this can be tested, it would be brilliant.

Please note that Thunder *doesn't* have this flag, so it's not generic "hits aerial opponent"
That's the same flag that's used to denote the "pulse" moves and Flying moves that people were talking about in the other BW Research thread. There's things in there like Water Pulse and Aura Sphere. I guess I can understand why you'd be able to use moves like that while you're grabbed by your opponent.

Yeah; it's basically an ejection of chi, right?

Anyway, it's just been bugging me a lot, and at this point I've been calling it the "Hadouken" flag and saying that Lucario will get a Ryu Forme >.>

I don't have the capabilities to test it myself.

It might be helpful if you told us what the move actually does before telling how it can be used in battle..>_>

Would be pretty damn funny in a triple battle, you use free fall on the opponent's ghost/Steel and let your suicide bomber explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)