Former XY/Early ORAS UU Tiering System / Voting Records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scolipede | BL

Scolipede has everything an offensive mon could ever want. Access to one of the best abilities in the game + a plethora of boosting options + baton pass, making it easily one of the most devastating sweepers or chain starter in the entire game. It's fantastic typing grants it numerous set up opportunities with key resistances to Fighting-, Grass-, Fairy- and Bug-type moves and fairly decent bulk (mainly bolstered by it's typing). Not to mention that 100 Attack with STAB Megahorn hits hard enough that it can be a formidable sweeper on it's own (having been swept by it a couple times). But having said all of this, it still has the option to run a very effective Spikes set with Endeavour that can also 100% guarantee some form of entry hazard being laid (if none, then at least at the cost of a spinner) with relative ease. Obviously, it isn't the Spikes set on Scolipede that is broken but rather just shows off even more of the versatility that Scolipede has and which imo is what really tips it over the edge. Maybe if Baton Pass gets banned/looked at in OU then we /might/ revisit Scolipede but for now, this bug is way too good for the UU metagame :]

Baton Pass + Speed Boost + actual offenses/STABs/coverage make Scolipede completely uncounterable and impossible to stop from either facilitating its own sweep or passing to a teammate for a snackwrap. This 'mon is bar none the most borked thing we've ever let into the tier and I hope we don't let it back in ever again.

I can speak from my own experiences that this thing is absolute cancer, based on SD pass alone. I ran SD + Megahorn + BP + EQ/Protect and both moves had their own merits, with EQ allowing Scolly to focus more on cleaning shit and Protect allowing it to get an almost free +2 Speed boost, with Sash intact. I gave it simple Memento and Screens support from Whimsicott and Azelf (yeah, what does that remind you of??), slapped on a few recipients (Mega-Altaria, CB Jirachi, and Blackglasses Krookodile), and I watched opposing teams basically get ripped to shreds by one of my 3 sweepers or Scolipede itself. This strategy is flat out uncompetitive, and I'm sure that there's still a couple sets Scolly can easily pull of that are also very uncompetitive, and turn, this is not healthy for this tier, regardless of the fact that there are still tons of other broken shit out there.

Anyways, nuff said. I've had enough of this cancer; it's time to finally get rid of this thing.

No brainer really. Its sweeping ability with Swords Dance is crazy alone, but added to that its ability to Baton Pass its speed/attack boosts to a teammate makes it way too overpowered for UU. The main thing that makes the set broken is that you can simply slap BP on Scoli's SD set without restricting its sweeping potential, which makes it much deadlier than any other BPer. And this isn't all it can do - it can also run a very effective hazards set which can set up multiple layers of Spikes with ridiculous ease while crippling one or two Pokemon as well using Endeavor. This thing is too unhealthy for the metagame, time to get rid.

This one is pretty obvious I think. SD + Speed Boost + Baton Pass coming off a mon with 100 Atk/112 Spe and a great offensive movepool is absolutely ridiculous. With a set of SD/Megahorn/Aqua Tail/Baton Pass Scolipede can function as a potent lategame sweeper while also supporting other sweepers by passing boosts relatively easily throughout the match. Its considerable offensive presence means you often can't worry about it passing its boosts because it carries such a high potential of being able to sweep by itself, which makes it much more effective at its job than any other stat passer. To further its versatility you also have to factor in the possibility of it running a hazards set, which can easily get 2-3 layers and then cripple something with Endeavor if you go to a wall expecting an offensive set.

This one was a pretty easy decision to make. Offensively, 100 Atk + 112 Spe makes it almost impossible to revenge, while the threat of BP just makes it that much worse. It has nice coverage and typing, really having all of the tools it needs. On top of the offensive sets, it is also capable of running a great hazard set. Speed Boost + Spikes ensures multiple layers can be set up while Endeavor still gives it a nice pseudo-offensive presence. Overall, Scoli is just able to do almost all of its role (passing, cleaning, hazards) way too well and it is far too overwhelming.

Like others have said, the main killer are the boosting sets it runs, primarily SDPass, which lets it pass boosts to other Pokemon with little trouble on offensive teams, and Iron Defense Pass to CM Espe is also insanely borked given little support, making it somewhat similar to the Smeargle test in that aspect. That's not to say that Scoli can only run a Baton Pass support set, however, as it can even function as a late game cleaner / sweeper itself with SD Life Orb sets, or Protect / Megahorn / Poison Jab / Rock Slide or Earthquake. It can even choose to run a hazards set, setting up at least one layer of Spikes / Toxic Spikes with little trouble and cheesing walls with Endeavor trying to get rid of Scoli's hazards. buh bye.

-------

Junior Council votes (don't count unless Senior Council members abstain or don't vote)

Scolipede is a a pokemon that is amazing at what it does in UU. It can perform so many different roles on offense such as SD+ Speedboost passes to teammates or even and Iron Defense pass to threats like Espeon, making BP Chains a legitimate playstyle in UU. It's ability to not only set up but also pass/sweep with ONE moveset is ridiculous. BP + Iron Defense is incredibly easy to spam. It even functions as a sweeper with a life orb and can still baton pass speed boosts to a teammate if needed. Another set that makes Scolipede so versatile is the Sash Endeavor lead set which gets up hazards and can either endeavor a threat/wall that can beat it like Gligar, or pass the speed boosts to a threat if needed. Its ability to EASILY function as a teamplayer as well as its own sweeper/supporter is what makes this pokemon too good for uu.

Scolipede doesn't even need access to baton pass to be considered broken - I mean, access to it makes it even more broken - but if one ever tried the SD Life Orb set w/ megahorn, rockslide, and EQ, you'd pretty much see that nothing stands in its way. Speed boost takes away the ability to revenge kill it w/out priority, and as soon as you get that first Swords Dance up, it's ogre. To make matters worse for the tier, there are a plethora of receivers in reference to Scolipede's diverse BP sets. I won 20 straight games with just the SD LO set, it's scary to think what I could do if I attempted to use it as a baton passer. Broken AF.

Holy Christ Scolipede is broken. I don't get the arguing about it being more or less broken than specific suspects though - Scolipede is broken regardless. Our role is to send such things to BL, not rank them in brokenness. To me, that's a stupid and wasted argument, especially when we still have 3 more suspects to finalize in XY...

Echoing dingbat's statements on how much of a cancer SDPass Scolipede can be - the passed Speed boost alone is enough to break a ton of common threats. Nidoking, while not nearly as powerful as say a +2 CB Jirachi, is still terrifying when you can pass it a few Speed boosts. It takes elements of what makes Baton Pass such a hated strategy and magnifies it tenfold. I didn't run the Toxic Spikes / Endeavor / Iron Defense Pass sets, so I can't really speak on them, but from the sounds of things are no better than the typical BP set. Smeargle got banned for being less broken, so I couldn't imagine how anybody could justify keeping Scolipede.

Very obvious vote in my opinion. Moving on to the abilities now zzz...

Last edited:

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here are the (late) results of the first ORAS vote. Each mon needed 6 BL votes to be banned.

Volcarona: 12 BL | BL
Staraptor: 6 BL | BL
Togekiss: 11 BL | BL
Altaranite: 12 BL | BL
Diancite: 12 BL | BL
Galladite: 5 BL | UU
Klefki: 10 BL | BL
Suicune: 2 BL | UU
Lopunnite: 5 BL | UU
Zygarde: 2 BL | UU

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Loppunite, Altarianite, and Galladite have moved to OU due to usage, while Medichamite has moved back to BL.

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Diancite | BL

it's simply way too good for uu in terms of power, versatility, utility, etc. the only drawback is its low bulk but this can be somewhat fixed by boosting speed while still in its normal forme

Mega Diancie sports incredible offensive capabilities that allow it to wallbreak the entire tier, including Blissey due to its ridiculously high attack. It also serves as one of the best anti-stealthrock leads in the game, being able to run any move its team needs to counter checks and threats. Access to Rock Polish means most offense teams simply crumble. Physical and special wallbreaking capabilities means it easily stallbreaks, rendering most teams useless unless they specifically bring Choice Scarf Jirachi and have based prediction skills. Magic bounce prevents many leads and stall pokemon from doing what they do best, rendering these pokemon and the stall playstyle in jeopardy should they find themselves against any half-decent player, as Mega Diancie also has access to Calm Mind. Further, it prevents taunt users from disabling Mega Diancie's Rock Polish. This combination of stat distribution, movepool, and ability is simply overwhelming for the tier. It's not healthy to have one Pokemon redefine the shape of the entire metagame, and as I look at the Viabiltiy Ranking, I can't help but notice that Mega Diancie is in a rank of its own: every team would benefit having Mega Diancie as a teammate, as it does the best mixed wallbreaking job in the entire tier. As such, Mega Diancie should definitely be moved to BL.

Perfect coverage with amazing 110 speed and 160 offenses make this thing a huge power house in UU and allows it to blow through any playstyle. Its signature move, Diamond Storm, is a powerful-no drawback rock type attack that boosts defense and with its insane stats it doesn't even need to invest to 2HK0 any special wall in the tier. What Diamond Storm does not mess up, Moon Blast and Earthpower do. With access to Calm Mind and Rock Polish M-Diancie is able to blow through balance and stall and vs offense it does not even need to set-up. One major problem is its low speed before it has set up but it can easily overcome that by running Protect 3 attacks and people normally have to scout to find out what set Diancie is running anyway as the CM and RP Sets have different switch-ins. On top of all this M-Diancie has Magic Bounce making it immune to Status and Encore after Mega Evolving. All of these traits make this Pokemon too good for UU.

An offensive Rock-type and an offensive Fairy-type are both really good for punishing the typings of UU's common offensive mons and its Speed is well above average, especially now that Alakazite and Lopunnite are gone. On top of this, it has good STABs, near-perfect Earth Power coverage, Magic Bounce to fuck over a lot of the more conventional tactics, and Calm Mind/Rock Polish to choose which kinds of playstyles to screw over.

I wasn't sure about Mega Diancie being broken until I tested it myself. In theory Mega Diancie isn't that good because it's slow and frail the turn it Mega evolves, but in practice is incredibly easy to find opportunities to threaten the opposite team and / or setup. Mega Diancie can run Protect + 3 attacks to guarantee its Mega Evolution, but it can also use Pokemon such as Chesnaught, Crobat and Umbreon to do it without needing that move, allowing it to add Rock Polish to its moveset. After getting its mega evolution turn out of the way, there's not much that can stop Mega Diancie.

160 base Attack and Special Attack is huge in the UnderUsed tier, and that combined with 110 base Speed is a bit ridiculous. Moonblast, Diamond Storm and Earth Power have great coverage in the tier, nothing resists that combination, and allow Mega Diancie to hit extremely hard from both sides, which is huge because Diamond Storm with minimal EV investment 2HKOes dedicated Special walls. It is fast enough to outspeed a huge portion of the metagame with a +Speed nature, but it can afford running a +Special Attack nature on the Rock Polish set and still be able to outspeed every single scarfer at +2.

There's only a handful Pokemon that aren't 2HKOed by Diancie and none of them is particularly common in the UnderUser tier, talking about Pokemon such as Weezing, Bronzong and Physically Defensive Amoonguss. Stall struggles against Mega Diancie's ability to wallbreak the tier's most common walls, and Magic Bounce alone means using hazards to wear it down can easily bacfire. More offensive playstyles, including balance, lack the ability to repeatedly switch into Diancie's move, if it's running a +Speed nature revenge killing it without a Scarf Pokemon is quite hard. And lastly, offense and HO basically lose if its gets a Rock Polish off.

Considering all these things I believe it should be banned, there's really not many ways of playing around Mega Diancie and it's a huge threat to every single playtyle without even needing any specialized support.

Ridiculous mixed offensive stats, decent offensive typing, great speed and Magic Bounce combine to make Mega Diancie too powerful for UU. In Rock Polish and Calm Mind it has the perfect boosting moves to completely demolish offensive and defensive teams alike. Earth Power also grants it almost perfect coverage with its STABs, making it extremely difficult to wall. A high powered physical STAB in Diamond Storm combined with 160 Atk means it barely needs any EV investment to muscle past those Pokemon that can take its special attacks.

Magic Bounce means attempts to status it, phaze away its boosts or even Encore it are fruitless. If Mega Diancie has one weakness, it is on the turn that it mega evolves, as on that particular turn it will be slow and frail. However this can be easily mitigated with Protect, and there are plenty of Pokemon in UU such as Umbreon, Crobat and Hydreigon that it can evolve against with little trouble. There are very few Pokemon in the tier that can stand up to it, and the fact that it is a huge threat to any playstyle makes it too powerful to stay in UU.

Its power, coverage, and speed make it a massive threat by themselves. Magic Bounce negates a lot of ways to attempt to take it down, such as phazing and status, meaning that you can only defeat it by attacking. In addition to its access to CM, this makes it able to completely fuck over balance and stall with the exception of a /very/ select few Pokemon that can be placed on stall teams. Access to Rock Polish and a typing that lets it check/set up on common offensive Pokemon like Hydreigon and Crobat, combined with the aforementioned mixed power and coverage, means that offense has very limited checks as well.

Summarizing this, it's simply too restricting on not just one, but all playstyles because it's got the tools to destroy anything that it wants to.

Mega Diancie is easily the most broken thing the tier has seen in a while. Between its great 110 base Speed, perfect coverage, and dual 160 attacking stats, which allow it to use the hell out of its kind of ridiculous signature move: Diamond Storm, while investing all its EVs into its powerful Moonblasts and Earth Powers, its a bit too much to handle. Then there's the fact that Rock Polish sets and Calm Mind sets have totally different switchins, so good luck trying to guess which one it is--not like Mega Diancie even needs to boost, tbh. Its only flaw is that on the turn it mega evolves, its both slow and frail, making it a bit of a pain to actually do so, but once its done, Diancie is nigh impossible to stop.

I actually thought that Diancie was going to be a lot more manageable than this, not going to lie, mainly because of its low base Speed before Mega evolving. However, that is probably the only substantial flaw this Pokemon has. It's also true that, while its typing is a double-edged sword defensively, making it weak to some of the most common attacking moves (Water, Ground and Steel, and although the later isn't that common, its main user, Jirachi, is everywhere), it also makes Diancie resistant to most forms of priority (as well as some common offensive types such as Fire, Dark and Dragon, which also means that finding opportunities to Mega evolve isn't hard at all). Extreme Speed and Sucker Punch are doing nothing, while Mach Punch and Ice Shard aren't really strong (or common for the matter). This, coupled with Rock Polish and a status immunity, courtesy of its ability, make it by far the best win condition available against offense and balanced teams alike, heavily restricting teambuilding in the tier. This on its own would make Diancie a toxic presence in the tier, but when you factor in that it also has an arguably good match up against more defensively-leaning builds, thanks to its ability and outstanding mixed offenses, it just becomes too much for UU to handle.

I currently really enjoy the UU metagame. Adding in such a ridiculous powerhouse such as Mega Diancie throws a spanner in the works. Ridiculous offenses backed up by near perfect coverage, 110 Base Speed and 2 fantastic boosting moves that let it dominate every archetype. Diancie basically forces the tier to teambuild around it and centralizes teams around who can take better advantage of their Mega Diancie, which in my eyes not only makes it broken but also not very fun to play with/against and is the reason I want in back in BL. :] Oh and also it makes Jirachi even more widespread, which is just getting boring to see honestly.

Mega Diancie is one of the most broken things we have ever tried in UU. Strong base attacking stats backed up by strong STABs give it extreme offensive prowess. Magic Bounce gives it another level of utility, making it unable to be stopped by Taunt, Toxic, or Thunder Wave. Rock Polish allows it to dismantle most offense teams, while defensive teams have very few answers to the Calm Mind set. Although there are some niche answers like Bronzong, they aren't really enough to stop Mega Diancie from dominating the tier. While Jirachi is one of the best Pokemon in the tier, it can't stop Mega Diancie after it has taken some damage. It is simple too much for UU to handle.

Mega Diancie should be banned because it has all the perfect aspects of a sweeper: great speed, obnoxious offensive stats, 2 set-up moves, perfect coverage, good bulk, and magic bounce. Diancie rips balance apart the most... it outspeeds most of the pokemon on balanced teams and avoids status from the dedicated special walls to counter pokemon of its kind. Stall also has trouble, particularly vs the calm mind set, because Diancie can't be fazed out or statused. Rock polish can be an absolute nightmare for teams that rely on scarf Jirachi, Hydreigon, or mienshao to take out sweepers-- particularly the latter.
As for countering diancie, only a few pokemon can. Spdef Mega aggron is okay, but gets worn down quickly with no recovery. Forretress is in the same boat, but takes a little less from earth power, and frankly isn't that good in the meta. Spdef Swampert is okay, but there are no very hard counters to Diancie in the tier... Bronzong is probably the only one. The best way to keep Diancie at bay is by keeping pressure up and having priority users like Machamp (always OHKOs after rocks I believe). Diancie's only flaw, which makes it managable for offense to put pressure on it, is its slow speed before mega evolving. It doesn't really have the moveslot for protect with earth power and STABs, so its easy to put pressure on. Due to the unreliable methods of countering diancie, its ability to destroy multiple playstyles, and its near-perfect sweeping capabilities, I think it should be banned from UU.

Medichamite | BL

Mega Medicham has access to Fake out + Bullet Punch which lets it perform as a cleaner and wallbreaker. The problem is, its wallbreaking capabilities are incredible, even OHKOing offensive Mega Swampert. Such a Pokemon cannot exist in this tier. Even the strongest resist in the game, Cresselia, gets 3HkOed by this thing. I can't. It dismantles both offensive and defensive teams, with misplays being the only chance for success against this monster.

As of now, there are extremely few things that can switch into Megacham without taking a massive chunk of damage from High Jump Kick or Zen Headbutt. Much of the time, teams cannot really afford to run stuff (bouff pretty much listed em) that can reliably deal with the borked power of the Zen Master, so this pretty much leaves offensive pressure left to deal with it. The problem is, if those counters are dead, Medicham gets a free switch into the field (let's be real, 100 Speed is pretty fast for something with THAT much [unboosted] power), ya might as well buckle up and prepare for something to just... die. Ultimately, in order to accommodate Megacham here, teams must often have multiple 'mons in order to effectively deal with Megacham, and that's just asking for too much in order to deal with one threat. MegaCham is broken, let's toss it into the purgatory.

Mega Medicham has very few pokemon that can switch in without taking a hell of a lot from it's dual stab. The few pokemon that can switch in on it are easily pursuit trapped by common partners which allow for an easier Medicham sweep. With it's dual priority, it can easily wear down checks on offense and it outspeeds bulkier teams and 2HK0's everything with it's natural offensive pressure and insane stab hjk. it has a great speed tier which allows it to work fantastically vs offense, getting free kills and megas vs common threats such as Krookodile, Nidoqueen, Hydreigon and so on, as well as easily wearing down bulkier teams. It's limited "counters," and i use that term loosely if they have taken prior damage, have a lot of common answers in this meta. It's an overpowered, frightening mon and deserves the boot!

Its 100 base Speed combined with its STABs remind me a lot of Victini in how it absolutely shits on the bulky offensive meta, as it outspeeds and KOs a slew of Pokemon such as Nidoqueen, Mega Blastoise, Kyurem, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Entei, Machamp. As if that's not enough, Fake Out provides an easy Mega Evolution and chip damage on many Pokemon above its Speed tier, along with Bullet Punch which nails a very important target in Mega Aerodactyl, making this thing a terror to all team archetypes.

Mega Medicham is absurd in UU. 100 base Attack + Pure Power is ridiculous, specially when combined with STAB HJK and decent coverage moves. Mega Medicham is able to 2HKO 252 / 252 +Def Hippowdon without needing any previous damage, which means it can 2HKO everything that doesn't resist HJK. The few Pokemon that aren't 2HKO by any combination of Medicham's move are Pursuit weak, uncommon, or borderline nonviable, which doesn't really help. Mega Medicham's 100 base Speed is not fantastic, but for a Pokemon this powerful is more than enough to crap on the metagame. The Pokemon that outspeed it can be pressured with Fake Out + Bullet Punch, and note that nothing faster than Mega Medicham can directly switch into it without risks anyway, so they have to rely on revenge killing.

Lastly, Mega Medicham in the metagame really restricts teambuilding, because it will get a kill every time it attacks against teams that do not carry one ifs few switchs-ins, and even if you happen to use one of its Pokemon you have to preserve them exclusively for Medicham, otherwise it might be able to break through thanks to its sheer power.

it does very well against both offensive and defensive teams; the former due to the fact that it essentially gets free damage while attaining a safe mega thanks to fake out, and while it can be revenge killed, it has literally no switch ins if it comes in safely (except like....doublade which ive seen more on stall), thanks to its good speed tier, great STAB combination, and its good coverage, which shows when you realize that everything that doesn't resist its STAB moves gets 2HKO'd lol, and it does well against defensive teams as well due to the fact that its answers on common balance teams are basically limited to the bulky psychics (cress / reuni), the slow ghosts (tomb / doublade), and granbull, which is a pretty limited pool of answers to it, all of which have a lot of common answers in the metagame. not to mention it can run unconventional shit like baton pass to pretty much shit all over the pokemon used to switch into it. bye

Ridiculous power, great STABs, and good coverage backed up by a decent speed tier means it has to go. The turn that it needs to attain Mega form is basically free damage thanks to Fake Out, which is key here as a lot of other Megas are forced to run Protect so that they can safely evolve. It has barely any safe switch-ins barring a few Pokemon that are very uncommon, mostly limited to bulky Psychic and Ghost types that are usually not effective enough in UU to dedicate a team slot to solely for checking Megacham. Bulkier teams are outright destroyed by its dual stabs and insane power, while faster teams struggle against its dual priority moves. It's simply too overpowered to stay. Bye

To be honest, I actually like the changes this Pokemon forces UU teams to do, making them refrain from the standard Swampert, Crobat, Jirachi, Krookodile and making them rely more on more obscure picks such as Spiritomb, Cresselia, Reuniclus and Doublade, which also have some utility outside of stopping Medicham. However, there are a lot of flaws with this Pokemon's presence in the tier, which outweigh what I previously said. Unlike Beedrill and, to an extent, Mega Alakazam (which is now gone anyways and didn't always run Protect either), it doesn't have to forfeit a slot for Protect, thanks to Fake Out, which gives Medicham a lot of added utility in comparison to the other mentioned mega evolutions, especially against offense. Also, while Medicham is no Gallade and lacks the latter's special bulk, Knock Off, access to Swords Dance (not like it needs it anyways), higher Speed and probably another perk or two, it packs a lot more power from the get go, which means that the typical physical walls such as Suicune and Hippowdon are unviable answers to it, which makes it (almost) impossible for slower teams to win the match up against Medicham, especially when considering that its checks, despite being good Pokemon on their own, are incredibly easy to exploit thanks to Pursuit (Krookodile is the Pursuit user that stands out the most, but I actually found Spiritomb to be an amazing Pursuit trapper in the Medicham metagame as well). With that said, the decision to ban Medicham is a no-brainer.

2HKOs every non-resist while having enough bulk to easily survive attacks from bulkier stuff like Hippowdon and Suicune. Aromatisse is 2HKOd after switching into Stealth Rocks and Granbull has to be at around 75% minimum in order to switch in. Not to mention the few things that can switch in from full HP, like Cresselia and Reuniclus, are easily Pursuit trapped. It also does well against offense as it can force out slower things like Krookodile and LO Hydreigon and pretty much always get a kill if it uses the correct move. It can easily wear away at offensive checks with its priority moves and deal significant damage to frailer stuff like Infernape and Tornadus (Mienshao takes around 90% from the combination of Fake Out + Bullet Punch LOL). Nothing in this tier matches the insane level of power that this thing has, and those that come close have a lot of stuff going against them that Medicham doesn't, like speed issues or inability to perform against certain playstyles. Outta here please.

Medicham is the absolute epitome of a wallbreaker. In the sense that it breaks every wall in the tier, with its dual STAB alone... yeah. And then you think that offense might match up better vs it and then your frail scarfers get blown away by the combination of Fake Out (which also gives it utility in never having to worry about getting off a mega while getting strong chip damage on something) + Bullet Punch. Backed up by the fact base 100 speed outspeeds more than half of the offensive mons in the tier (Krookodile, Nidoking, Lucario, Darm, Roserade, Hydreigon, Nidoqueen) and OHKOes all of the, Medicham basically restricts you to packing a Cresselia or a Doublade or running nothing but Pokemon over base 100 Speed. iirc the term for that is restricting teambuilding? Yeah, get Medicham out.

Mega Medicham is simple unstoppable in the UU metagame. It lacks any true counters, as even bulky resists such as Slowking are going to be taking a lot of damage switching in to a High Jump Kick. Most teams will have to rely on a scarfer to check it due to its good base 100 speed. However, given the fact that Mega Medicam has 5 teammates, this is not at all an argument that it is in any way 'balanced'.

Medicham has 656 attack and a 130 base STAB. As if that's not enough, it almost always gets a free mega evolution with fake out, one of its too priority moves. With slowbro and mew long-gone from UU (and probably not returning for a while, if at all), there are few pokemon left in the tier to take fighting + psychic. Even Medicham's strongest counters are pressured to hard by it. High Jump kick won't be hitting any resistances nicely; Adamant Medicham can do up to 46% to reuniclus. Also, Medi has a nice base 100 speed to match, and priority to take down weakened offensive pokemon. Medicham's bulk, although lackluster, isn't poor enough to make up for its attributes.

There are a few counters to Medicham, such as Gligar and Cresselia, but overall, it puts too much pressure on teambuilding and simply hits too hard. That, combined with the fact that counters are so scarce, make Medicham problematic in UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)