For this 2k, something about CAP

For background to this post, visit the CAP Process Archive and look through the OPs for the CAP 2 pre-evo project (Necturine). In particular, this is why the user noobiess comes in prominently. You may also want to hit up CAP 3's stat spread poll saga (this one, this one and this one). But if you don't care about all of that, you can just read this post for what it is.

The Super Moderator Continent was a floating continent high above the sky, beyond view of mere mortals, even Moderators. It was where all those who had the authority and honour of holding the vaunted powers of the Super Moderators convened. Each Super Moderator held governance over a portion of Planet Smogon, and often these jurisdictions overlapped and changed. The Super Moderators had power far exceeding that of anyone else, other than the Administrators, who occupied the Administrator Continent directly above the Super Moderator Continent. Or at least, that's how things were supposed to go...

Fatecrashers was the latest to receive the glory of becoming a Super Moderator. Although Super Moderators had direct jurisdiction over a portion of the planet, they had a duty to know what was going on everywhere else, for they had to help in deciding on laws that could impact the planet as a whole. It was thus customary for new Super Moderators to travel to all the continents of the planet, before actually joining the fold in the high continent. It was in the context of this ritual that Fatecrashers finally set foot on the Grand Palace of the Super Moderator Continent. However, he was grievously injured, and he had two Moderators with him, also injured. Theorymon was ordered to wear blindfolds so that he could not gaze upon the Continent's shining glory.

"What in the name of Arceus!?" Aldaron rushed to Fatecrashers's aid. "What happened here!?"

Fatecrashers struggled to speak. "CAP... Island... noob... too strong... tennis... no..."

Theorymon spoke up. "It was horrible, sir! tennisace recruited Birkal, promoted him into a CAP Moderator, and tried to stage a coup! But the other CAP Moderators had a secret weapon! He's so powerful and terrible...! The entirety of tennisace's army was wiped out, including tennisace himself! I don't know where Vader is, but I wouldn't hold my breath for him! Oh, and Birkal faced a public execution! It was so gruesome to even think about! This noobiess guy basically sucked all the electrical energy out of Birkal, and then some! All that was left was a blackened husk...! OH ARCEUS!"

JabbaTheGriffin banged his fist. "I knew that island was trouble from the moment it was inhabited! I say we crush them now, the way we should have crushed them years ago!"

"Calm down, everyone," said Jibaku. "Okay, Theorymon. Who's in charge now? What's the situation on CAP Island right now?"

"Right now? All the Moderators basically rule CAP Island together, as it was before. They've promoted two others, one named Elevator Music and the other named capefeather. They were considering taking over the rest of Smogon. I suggested another CAP Project in the meantime, in an attempt to distract them, and then I quietly tried to escape. Last I heard, they were making a Drought Machine, but they decided against it. If not for Fatecrashers helping me escape, I wouldn't be alive right now!"

JabbaTheGriffin banged his fist again. "Man, I knew they were crazy, but Drought!? Someone needs to set boundaries here! Some people are too dangerous! They must be banished! People have a right to know that they can do certain things and have them work!"

Aldaron was getting pissed. "Arceus, man! Calm d-"

Suddenly, the giant television screen lit up. In it, Deck Knight was sitting in an office chair in an oddly decorated room, smoking a cigar.

"Greetings. I'm sure you all know who I am, and I'm sure you have all become aware by now of some of our intentions. Indeed, we have already annexed the LC Nation on the Dragonspiral Continent, and we are about to conquer the less cooperative, now leaderless NU Nation as well. At least I think it's the NU Nation. I see the so-called "Golem Castle" is the capital there. It would be a shame to reduce such a beautiful structure to rubble. At any rate, once we've taken the whole Dragonspiral Continent, there will be nothing to stop us from crushing the entire planet under our heel! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The television clicked off.

Firestorm was incredulous. "Okay, this is seriously messed up. Someone has to talk some sense into them! DougJustDoug! Please talk to them!"

The Administrator DougJustDoug was gloriously summoned into the room. He bellowed, "You people think that I have any stake in this? I don't really 'run' that place anymore. I just go there to take in their culture part of the time. They're honestly pretty cool people. My position is that it wouldn't be necessarily bad for CAP to take over Smogon. To me, this is too trivial a matter to be using my Administrator power on. That is all." And he vanished just as majestically as he had entered.

"Okay, uh, we're not totally screwed yet," JabbaTheGriffin reassured everyone. "There's still one last person we could go to. I probably like this less than any of you, so please believe me when I say that this is a serious suggestion and it may be the only option left to us."

Aldaron and JabbaTheGriffin found Rising_Dusk lying under an oak tree on Suggestion Island. Rising_Dusk looked lazily in their direction, then turned his head back to its original stance. He said, "I know why you're here. You want my help in stopping the CAP takeover. I'm sorry to say you're out of luck."

"Look, Rising_Dusk," JabbaTheGriffin replied. "I don't like you and you don't like me. But this situation is bigger than both of us. You're under some special conditions, quitting under your own volition."

"Was it under my own volition, though? You guys practically kicked me out. You have no actual interest in what I have to say. The Admins are worse. So why do you assume that any of our interests coincide?"

"Look," Aldaron retorted. "We're ready to offer you anything you want. You could be Super Moderator again if you wanted."

"I am the Golden Scizor now. The power I have gained at this point frankly overqualifies me even for Super Moderator. I bet I could make all of you my bitches right now. So could noobiess. All you want is this power.

"I guess you should know I've changed my mind. I will take on CAP. However, I do it for my own reasons, and not because you came here. Hopefully you can see what I'm saying, though according to the track record, I wouldn't count on it. Oh, well, it doesn't matter now. I won't be let in for a while, though, so you can go back to your fancy little castle and wank over what happened here for all I care."

The NU Nation was quick to fall. The Golem Castle was unbelievably sturdy, but even it could not take repeated blows from the awesome power of noobiess. The Stealth Rock mines proved as useless as the takeover was swift. noobiess then immediately turned his attention toward the RU Nation.

The vast armies of CAP were right at Oglemi's doorstep. Oglemi made a fiery declaration: "All who seek to harm RU will face my wrath!" Oglemi used Quiver Dance and tore through the CAP armies with the incredible power of Bug Buzz. The battle would have been won, if not for the sudden hard punch that Oglemi received. noobiess had come so quickly that Oglemi didn't have time to react. He was immediately incapacitated by noobiess's sheer power. However, before he could land the killing blow, noobiess received a distress signal from CAP Island. "You are quite lucky," he told Oglemi as he disappeared in a flash.

(Disclaimer: I wrote this chapter quite a while ago, so any resemblance to actual events is entirely coincidental.)

Rising_Dusk was summoned to the CAPital. He asked nonchalantly, "What do you guys want now?"

Deck Knight was not amused. "You know, we're tired of your continued belligerence. Just now, you hunted down a third of our defensive forces for sport. I think it's about time you moved somewhere else to think everything over before you resume your work here."

"Oh, I don't think that's necessary," Rising_Dusk replied. "I didn't come here just to be talked down to. I'm here to get what I want." A Silver Bullet Punch later, Deck Knight was a crumpled heap on the floor.

Wyverii and Elevator Music were shocked. Rising_Dusk faced them. "I'm sorry that it had to be this way, but..." Just then, his next Silver Bullet Punch was blocked by noobiess, who had just arrived. "Ah, finally, the real fight has begun!"

noobiess replied, "Indeed. I'm tired of all this. Let's see who has the power to rule over this miserable planet!" Both of them flew straight through the domed ceiling and began their duel in the skies. Blow-for-blow, they were evenly matched for a while. However, noobiess temporarily disabled Rising_Dusk using HM04, then used Move to double his Speed, gaining an advantage. Rising_Dusk attempted to regain a foothold, but noobiess had already used TM05, increasing his Evasion two and a half times over. Rising_Dusk could do little but use Protect to deflect the blows used against him.

Just then, a Politoed croaked, and it began to rain. Rising_Dusk used Hurricane, which noobiess could not escape. Rising_Dusk could now hit his incapacitated target. "GOLDEN SUPERPOWER!!!" However, noobiess countered with Super Glitch just in time. The shockwave from the clash of the two attacks was great enough to level cities and be seen and heard even from the Dragonspiral Continent.

The attack had been successful; noobiess plummeted toward the ground below. Rising_Dusk followed in hot pursuit. Just then, he realized that he had been burned. All sound was fading away as well. Before his sight went blank, he could see forces from the Dragonspiral Continent moving in to attack the CAPital... Rising_Dusk could only see glitchy apparitions chanting, "Enemy [glitchy language] TMTRAINER Scizor is frozen solid! Enemy [glitchy language] TMTRAINER Scizor is hurt by the burn!" It was the TMTRAINER effect. Rising_Dusk knew that he was about to fade away...

JabbaTheGriffin's invasion of CAP was underway. Although he meant to conduct a full, painstaking search for what he wanted, his target was conveniently seen plummeting to a location just yards away. noobiess crashed into a nondescript building. Now was JabbaTheGriffin's chance. "Stay here," he told Aldaron, kokoloko and SJCrew, who were nearby. "I'll take over from here." However, Aldaron insisted on watching JabbaTheGriffin, for he had a terrible feeling about what was going to happen. Something was not right about him lately.

JabbaTheGriffin searched through the rubble for his prey. "Oh, come out, mighty warrior!" However, he could not find noobiess. What terrible luck, finding what he was looking for, only to watch it disappear into a mass of debris! "I said COME OUT!" Suddenly, he was struck from behind. noobiess, who was still relatively uninjured, had finally obliged, and JabbaTheGriffin was about to pay for it... with the dreaded TMTRAINER effect. Or so it was supposed to be.

JabbaTheGriffin slowly turned around. The glitchy effects were having an effect on him, but he was unperturbed. "Unfortunately for you," he began, "I am different now from what you are used to. I have found a powerful artifact that will allow me to crush my enemies. I have the infamous Rainbow Gem! Nothing can stop me now. The only thing you can do... is become a part of me. GOTCHA!" The glitchy auras around noobiess and JabbaTheGriffin and noobiess became one, and soon, to Aldaron's horror, they became one.

A sandstorm kicked up. It started to rain.

SJCrew and kokoloko had noticed that something had happened and rushed to the scene to find... something. It was a monstrous, alien, yet familiar creature... Terrakion? Wait! Gligar? No! Ludicolo? It was hard to tell with the fierce sand and rain that had suddenly kicked up. All they could really make out was the Rainbow Gem at its core.

Whatever it was, it spoke with vengeance in its voice. "I am not JabbaTheGriffin or noobiess. I am the one who will bring about your destruction!" The Rainbow Gem glowed fiercely. "SWORDS DANCE!" The creature summoned two gigantic swords and began to spin. Aldaron barely had time to yell at SJCrew and kokoloko to escape before he was consumed by the next attack. "TAKE THAT! STONE EDGE!"

SJCrew and kokoloko were rushing to get out of the CAP Island before the creature leveled the whole place. However, the creature would not be easily evaded. "NOT SO FAST!" And indeed, literally the last thing they saw as they looked behind them was a spiky speech bubble with the words "Not so fast!" written on them...

The sandstorm raged. The rain continued to fall.

The Super Moderator Continent was alerted to some kind of cataclysmic conflict occurring on CAP Island. The force field around the island had dissipated, which caused much worry among them. Where was Aldaron? What happened to JabbaTheGriffin? And what was that... thing shrouded in sand and rain that was flying straight toward them?

"Oh Arceus..." The Super Moderators turned to see who had spoken. "I recognize this. It's the curse of the Rainbow Gem!" He shuddered. "It was supposed to have been locked away forever... You think the Hazerider incident was bad? This is going to be catastrophic!"

The man took a drink before continuing. "The Rainbow Gem is a powerful cursed artifact. Now that it's unlocked, it WILL destroy the entire planet. If one of the Super Moderators got a hold of it, there's no stopping its power now. I know I said I wouldn't say this anymore, but... HAVE A NICE DAY." He then jumped out a nearby window and had vanished in a puff of smoke by the time anyone managed to look. Not that anyone did look, since the Gem Creature had just crashed into the palace.

"Okay, don't panic, guys," said Antar. "You forget I have the almighty Banhammer! I'm gonna IP ban your ass, foul creature!" Antar swung his Banhammer, but Garchomp the Gem Creature dodged the attack like a motherfucker! (Damn you, Mario With Lasers...) No matter how many times he swung, the attack missed. The Gem Creature laughed. "Want to see a real banhammer? ORDER IN THE COURT!" A gigantic hammer the size of the entire palace smashed down upon everyone. There were no survivors. The Gem Creature set his sights upon the Administrator Continent.

The bizarre sandstorm/rain combination weather was spreading throughout Planet Smogon. The RU Nation was in a state of quiet fear. Oglemi was recovering from the attempted invasion, with Jibaku, jumpluff and Setsuna helping with what they could. All of them knew that something terrible was happening, and none of them wanted to just sit there and wait for it to happen.

But what were they to do? Whatever it was, it was definitely far more powerful than a Super Moderator, maybe even at the level of an Administrator. They were going to need some help. After a while, Jibaku formed an answer.

"Well... I heard a story from Hipmonlee about the Rainbow Gem. Supposedly, there's a counterpart to it, but I recall Hipmonlee saying it was destroyed, and that using it against the Rainbow Gem might speed up the destruction of the world, anyway."

"Well, we have to do something about all this!" jumpluff replied. "Isn't there anyone who knows about this counter? Theorymon might have said something about the TMTRAINER effect..."

Oglemi spoke up. "You know, I think I've heard of the TMTRAINER effect. When I heard Theorymon talking about what had happened to Birkal, I knew I'd heard of that happening before, but I had forgotten the context. We may need to investigate CAP Island. My guess is that noobiess returned there, and that's when the conflict occurred."

jumpluff agreed. "Investigation time! Let me go get my DS..."

The Gem Creature had arrived just in time for the Administrator party that was going on. He wasn't in it for the partying, though. There was no need to announce his presence due to the weather, but he decided to start off with a bang. A storm of rocks bombarded the Administrator Continent, forcing everyone out into the open. The creature called, "COME OUT, YOU WHO ARE CALLED ALUCARD AND BLOO! MEET YOUR DESTINY!"

The remaining Tiering Leaders broke off from the group to meet the Gem Creature's challenge. Alucard was clearly not amused. "What do you want? Who are you and what have you done with JabbaTheGriffin?"

The Gem Creature smirked. "Well, in a way, I AM JabbaTheGriffin. But I am also noobiess... sort of. Then again, I am also neither. I am the end of your pathetic planet.

"Still, the manner in which I have been unleashed has given me new meaning. I shall indeed destroy the world... and then remake it so that it is all about skill! It won't matter that we have deviated from the so-called 'true' way of living our lives. We've already deviated from that, and I'm sure all of you would agree that that was a good thing! This world does not make sense! I shall cleanse it of all evil and remold everything in my image, for the greater good! This is clearly the path that is set for me and this planet! Everything will be better!"

"Unfortunately for you," replied Bloo, "that will not happen. Your ideal is not the ideal for everyone! We all have a stake in this world. Issues that don't matter to you matter to us! We need to accept reality for what it is! And we're not going to let you take our reality away!"

"...Then you will die with this planet!"

The Gem Creature's speed was so incredible that even the Administrators could not follow the next series of attacks. "TAKE THAT! CLOSE COMBAT!" Bloo suffered massive damage. It was a critical hit! "HOLD IT!" Alucard was trapped in a chokehold. The Gem Creature threw Alucard straight toward the other Administrators. chaos could not get away in time. "TAKE THAT! STONE EDGE!" Both of them were annihilated.

By this time, however, the other Administrators had gotten into more tactical attacking positions, surrounding the Gem Creature. Surely, he couldn't dodge ALL of their attacks? Yet he did. The failed attacks whizzed right past the Gem Creature's general vicinity and flew toward the planet below. Entire islands were vaporized, continents scarred, great cities reduced to nothing. What was this monstrosity that he had power surpassing even the Administrators?

Before they knew it, the Gem Creature was on Philip7086. "OBJECTION! I've got everything I need..."

June 10, 5:36 p.m.
CAP Island
Nondescript Building Ruins

Oglemi: I don't know about this, guys. How are we going to find anything relevant to us?

Jibaku: You're the one who got us here, remember? We need to figure out if there's a connection between noobiess's powers and the Rainbow Gem. We might be able to use that information to figure out what we need to counter the Rainbow Gem. Let's review what we know:

Logic:

Birkal's Execution - noobiess sucked all the electrical energy out of Birkal, leaving a blackened husk.

Organizer:

Postbit - My postbit. It has a lot of pretty badges and a cool avatar. Plus, my name is in bold and italics because I'm a Super Moderator. Teehee!

Magatama - jumpluff's magatama. I use it to break Psycholocks.

BEGIN INVESTIGATION

-Talk to Oglemi-

Oglemi: Don't look at me! My plan pretty much ends here...

-Talk to jumpluff-

jumpluff: I'm going to go and find all the witnesses I can to build a picture of what happened here!

-Examine footprints-

Jibaku: There are so many footprints here, I'll be unable to make out what went on without some help.

-Examine blackened husk-

Jibaku: This body is nearly unrecognizable, but I will never forget that armor. This is what remains of Rising_Dusk.

-Examine Rising_Dusk's back pocket-

Jibaku: What's this? Some kind of PM?

Rising_Dusk's PM added to the Organizer.

Rising_Dusk's PM - A PM found in Rising_Dusk's back pocket. Unfortunately, I don't have a PM player to play it on.

Oglemi: Man, we really have nothing to go on.

Jibaku: Perhaps jumpluff will have found something.

INVESTIGATION COMPLETE

jumpluff: Hey, guys! There weren't very many survivors, but I have the data I need now. I just need to input it all into lolniacki...

*lolniacki*

jumpluff: Aww yeah, much better!

Oglemi: You can see JabbaTheGriffin's forces, the battle between Rising_Dusk and noobiess, everything!

Jibaku: Let's do this!

BEGIN INVESTIGATION

-Examine JabbaTheGriffin-

jumpluff: Man, to think he had such a devastating artifact in his possession...

Oglemi: I know! Let's take the Rainbow Gem right here and prevent this whole catastrophe from happening!

Jibaku: ...Let's make that Plan B.

-Examine noobiess and Rising_Dusk-

Oglemi: Look! noobiess is using the infamous Super Glitch attack! This must be how the TMTRAINER effect kills its victims...

Jibaku: And I totally wasn't having trouble sleeping before seeing this...

LOGIC ADDED
Rising_Husk: noobiess used Super Glitch on Rising_Dusk, causing his demise.

-Examine Vader-

Oglemi: Wait, what is Vader doing here? He's still alive?

Jibaku: It seems he's heading toward the CAPital, specifically the Ability Voting Building. He also has a note in his pocket, but the details aren't in lolniacki's data so I can't make out its contents.

Vader Sighting added to the Organizer.

Vader Sighting - Vader was sighted hurriedly heading toward the Ability Voting Building. He has a note in his pocket.

INVESTIGATION COMPLETE

Jibaku: There's one more thing we should take care of before heading for the CAPital...

*Logic: Combine Birkal's Execution with Rising_Husk*

Jibaku: It seems that the deaths of Birkal and Rising_Dusk are pretty much identical. In particular, Birkal was executed by the TMTRAINER effect. This answers quite a few questions, but it raises more.

Crime Scene Notes added to the Organizer.

Crime Scene Notes - Victim succumbed to the TMTRAINER effect. Birkal was executed using the same method.

Let's go!

To be continued.

DougJustDoug gloriously returned from his grocery shopping to see the Administrator Continent in ruins. Nearly every Administrator had fallen at the hands of the Gem Creature. "What's going on here!?" DougJustDoug's booming voice could be heard even from below.

The Gem Creature laughed. "Oh, I was just taking my revenge on the leaders of this world, for their ancestors had locked me away many eons ago. Now I shall remake the world in my image."

DougJustDoug was not amused. "Nah, I think it would be better if you were remade in the world's image. How does that sound?"

"When will you people learn that I can't be stopped?"

"When you figure out a counter to Aura Sphere, I suppose."

And so it was. A swift Aura Sphere to the face started the next titanic struggle. The Gem Creature tried to get close enough to DougJustDoug to strike, but the repeated Aura Spheres thwarted him. "TAKE THAT! STONE EDGE!" DougJustDoug weathered the assault and then continued his barrage.

DougJustDoug taunted, "Don't you see now that your rampage ends here?"

"No! I refuse to lose like this!" The devastating Stone Edge assault that followed was overwhelming, and they eventually began to win against the Aura Spheres. DougJustDoug, despite being able to hit the Gem Creature, was going to need more to win this fight.

"In my many years in the business, I have acquired some ancient relics and tricks. Let me show you the one that will do you in! C:\DOS\RUN!" DougJustDoug gained an incredible amount of speed and rushed toward the Gem Creature, who, despite its immense capacity for speed, could not dodge the attack in time. However...

"OBJECTION!"

The Gem Creature's counter completely canceled DougJustDoug's attack, and now he was once again in control. "I've got everything I need!" A fierce aura surrounded the Gem Creature has he delivered a truly brutal assault to DougJustDoug. The match became one-sided within 20 seconds.

"THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY COMMITTED THE CRIME... IS YOU!"

"!!!"

"NO ALIBI, NO JUSTICE, NO DREAM, NO HOPE!"

"!!!!!!"

"IT'S TIME TO PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES! TAKE THIS!"

"AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH"

June 10, 8:00 p.m.
CAPital
Ability Voting Building

Jibaku: Oh, good. Vader's here. But what's that thing...?

Vader: This... is the Drought Machine. The latest CAP creation was planned to use it, but the people voted against it. It's no longer of any use to us now.

Jibaku: I disagree. I already know you know something that we need to know.

Vader: That's none of your business!

*4 PSYCHOLOCKS*

Jibaku: Saving the world is my business. I won't let anyone get in the way of that. Not even you, Vader.

Vader: Grr...

-Present Magatama-

Jibaku: You like to insist that none of this is my business. I think that it's quite the contrary.

Vader: What...?

Jibaku: I'm certain that there is a connection between the Rainbow Gem and the glitchy powers of noobiess. This was JabbaTheGriffin's true purpose in coming here, whether the Gem somehow possessed him or not.

Vader: I'd like to see you prove that! What's the connection between JabbaTheGriffin and noobiess?

*Present Crime Scene Notes*

"TAKE THAT!"

Jibaku: The first we heard of Birkal's execution was from Theorymon. None of us recognized the TMTRAINER effect, except JabbaTheGriffin. The Rainbow Gem needs power like that to be made complete again.

Vader: Nooooooooooooooooooo!

*PSYCHOLOCK BROKEN*

Vader: Grr... None of this has anything to do with you! Why do you insist?

Jibaku: First of all, as a tiering leader, he may have been especially prone to going after other tiering leaders, like me. However, I suspect that there's a deeper connection... and Rising_Dusk of all people knew about it.

Vader: What are you going on about? Rising_Dusk has nothing to do with this!

*Present Rising_Dusk's PM*

"TAKE THAT!"

Jibaku: ...Really? Then you wouldn't mind my reading this?

Vader: ...Where did you get that!?

Jibaku: I request that you let me use your PM playback machine, since I have lost mine. Surely, there's no reason to refuse?

*PSYCHOLOCK BROKEN*

Vader: ...Fine.

*click*

Blue Kirby: Vader... I know this is relevant to every tiering leader, but I can only trust one of you, so here goes. JabbaTheGriffin has found something... terrible. I'm going to leave while I still can, but I'll leave this conversation for you. Maybe you'll know what to do about this. I'm just glad I happened to be able to escape unharmed.

---

JabbaTheGriffin: What is that light?

Blue Kirby: I have a bad feeling about this...

JabbaTheGriffin: Could this be? The legendary Rainbow Gem! We were all told by the old ones that this thing was destroyed...

Blue Kirby: I don't know, man. I think we should leave it, or at least actually destroy it. I've heard stories...

JabbaTheGriffin: Nah, this thing could turn out useful. I don't want to upset the order unnecessarily, but if things get really bad, I know I'll have a trump card.

Blue Kirby: I really don't want any part in this.

JabbaTheGriffin: Then I only request your silence...

*click*

Jibaku: Well, clearly Blue Kirby couldn't have been killed there. He was an Administrator. He did leave, though...

Vader: Are you satisfied now? We're all involved in this mess, and sooner or later, the Gem Creature will hunt us all down. So what? Do you have a solution to all this?

Jibaku: I don't have a solution, but maybe you do.

Vader: What...!?

Jibaku: You sound like you don't care, but really, you are hiding something... and I can prove it!

*Present Vader Sighting*

"TAKE THAT!"

Jibaku: You were spotted during the conflict here. You are near the supposedly defunct Drought Machine. You have a note in your pocket. You have something in mind, don't you?

Vader: Urk...!

*PSYCHOLOCK BROKEN*

Vader: Fine... I didn't want you to get involved. However, I clearly cannot stop you. Here's the chat log. It was back when Rising_Dusk... cared more.

Chat Logs added to the Organizer.

Chat Logs - Logs of conversations between Vader, Rising_Dusk and Flarephoenix. Examine for details.

-Log 1-

Rising_Dusk: It's been clear for a while now that the Rainbow Gem is about to be awakened. We need to act quickly.

Vader: I've brought Flarephoenix here. He has the Void Gem.

Flarephoenix: Hi.

Rising_Dusk: Ah, yes, I've heard of this. The Rainbow Gem waits to be found by someone, while the Void Gem "chooses" someone to take it.

Flarephoenix: The Void Gem doesn't have the power to defeat the Rainbow Gem, though. I know this somehow, as if it's subconsciously telling me.

Rising_Dusk: Yes. The Void Gem doesn't grab power by itself. We need a catalyst, something really strong and really game-changing. The CAP process can create such a catalyst. Right now we're working with a Fire/Poison typing. We can justify a "Drought Machine".

Vader: That's just crazy enough to work!

-Log 2-

Vader: Well, the Drought Machine plan was a bust.

Rising_Dusk: The Drought Machine has to be occupied by a living organism to work, plus the Void Gem is needed to power it.

Flarephoenix: I know what I have to do, then.

Vader: No, I'm not going to sit idly by while someone else sacrifices himself. I'll do it.

-End-

Vader: If you read the logs, you know what I'm about to do. Here's the Void Gem. I'm going to do it.

Jibaku: No, you're not.

Vader: Try and stop me.

Jibaku: I think you know that sacrificing yourself will be futile. You just don't want to admit it.

Vader: What!?

Jibaku: I have all the proof that you can't sacrifice yourself.

*Present Chat Logs*

"TAKE THAT!"

Vader: Wave those logs around all you want! I don't see anything! Which log do you want me to look at?

*Choose Log 1*

"TAKE THAT!"

Vader: No, no! I want the LINE, too!

*Choose Line 4*

"TAKE THAT!"

Jibaku: When I read that the Void Gem "chooses" somebody, I was pretty sure that it was important to having this all work out. I'm sorry.

Vader: GIGA DRILL BREAKAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*UNLOCK SUCCESSFUL*

Flarephoenix: Please, Vader. Let me do this. I've never been useful for anything other than occasionally showing people random Pokémon-related comics. I want to do this.

Vader: Damn it...!

Jibaku: Quit your heroics, Vader. It has to be this way. I know you don't want to send a lamb to the slaughter, but there's no other way.

Flarephoenix: Here I go...

Flarephoenix took the Void Gem and stepped into the Drought Machine. The machine roared to life, and a horrifying transformation began.

Vader: What the...! It can't be!

It was the Frankenchomp.

The sandstorm stopped. The rain stopped.

The sunlight turned harsh.

DougJustDoug had barely survived the last onslaught. He was as good as dead. However, he noticed that the skies were now clear. The Gem Creature was writhing in pain; he had been weakened, and he could no longer dodge attacks. DougJustDoug drew out his Banhammer and struck the Gem Creature down with a mighty blow. It was a critical hit!

Suddenly, the Frankenchomp arrived. The Gem Creature was infuriated. "What!? How...!?" The two began to fight. The Gem Creature had become considerably weakened, giving the Frankenchomp the upper hand. However, the struggle was causing massive bolts of energy down toward the planet. More islands were destroyed.

However, the Frankenchomp seemed to regain some semblance of rationality. Something about the sacrifice was different from what had been predicted so long ago. The Chosen One had sacrificed himself by his own volition. The Frankenchomp gained a new resolve, put the Gem Creature into a tight hold, and plummeted toward the planet below.

The pair was not heading for a random location; rather, the Frankenchomp was aiming straight at the original location of the Rainbow Gem, deep within an unassuming jungle on the Wi-Fi Continent. The two crashed through the ground like a missile, heading deeper and deeper into the planet's crust. Apparently, they had reached the mantle, and subsequently, there was a violent eruption that consumed the entire jungle. Planet Smogon was saved (well, not the jungle, but... shh).

tl;dr capefeather expands a silly collection of stories into a partly developed fictional universe based loosely on Smogon, then subsequently pretty much destroys most of the characters... for the lulz, I guess.

DISCLAIMER: Any references that could be seen as defamation or some other form of malicious implication are not intended to be, and they are merely included as part of this user's horrible sense of humour. If any user's characterization is severely out of character, it's probably intentional. Also, for the curious, this post took ten days.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
capefeather, you are awesome. This just made my day. Or week. Or month even. Absolutely hilarious. Great job. And congrats on the 2k.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If the Doug had 175 base speed this could all have been averted...

EDIT: also, jibaku would never be happy to see I was alive

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
"This noobiess guy basically sucked all the electrical energy out of Birkal, and then some! All that was left was a blackened husk...! OH ARCEUS!"
wat

(congrats on the 2k cape; lol'd at some of the lines)

Also, Drought: YOLO

give it to me straight, capefeather.

do cap users still know i exist?

now i'll have to delay my 3,000th post because i haven't put nearly the amount of work into it that you have and that would be embarrassing.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

But seriously, this was amazing. I don't really feel qualified to say much other than I had a great time reading this and the story was incredible and hilarious.

Thank you for this post, congratulations on 2k, and I hope you continue to make at least 2,000 more!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
first look: ctrl+f: Texas Cloverleaf. 0 results. fuck. *ragequit*
second look: bahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahah, good shit!

gdi I totally should have done a stepladder gag but I forgot -.- I was considering inserting it as "bonus content" but it'd be so short and "expected" that it wouldn't be worth doing now that everything else is already done. Anyway, thanks for all the responses, guys!

Also R.I.P. my tags :'( they will be missed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)