PU Flyinium Z Oricorio-G [QC 1/1] [GP 1/1]

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Oricorio-G is one of the best wallbreakers in PU due to its near-unresisted STAB combo and decent Speed and Special Attack. Oricorio-G excels against balance teams because it can exploit common defensive cores like Mesprit + Weezing, and it has an easier time finding opportunities to set up against them, and it can even find setup opportunities against offense by capitalizing on Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Primeape locked into Close Combat. The combination of Substitute + Supersonic Skystrike allows Oricorio-G to get around Dark-types such as Absol and Skuntank which would otherwise be an annoyance due to Sucker Punch. Its Ghost typing allows it to block Rapid Spin, so entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Mesprit make for good partners, as the hazards they set wear down a lot of Oricorio-G's checks such as Lanturn and Regirock. However, Oricorio-G has its faults. Its bulk is average, and it is slower than common offensive Pokemon such as Archeops. Despite these hindrances, however, Oricorio-G is still an exceptional Pokemon, and definitely worth using.

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane (purely because the set is named fly-z, i'd put this move first)
- Substitute

Oricorio-G is one of the best wallbreakers in PU due to its near unresisted STAB combo and decent Speed and Special Attack. This is the most common set due to it maximizing its wallbreaking capabilities (unsure how needed this second sentence is. you already describe it as being a wallbreaker and i think it'd be common knowledge that the choice scarf set wouldn't be classified as a wallbreaker). Oricorio-G excels against balanced teams due to it exploiting common defensive cores (like?) and having an easier time finding opportunities to set up against them, and it can even find setup opportunities against offense by capitalizing on Pokemon such as Primeape locked into Close Combat (specify choice locked). Oricorio-G has its faults, however. Its bulk is average, and as is its defensive typing (i think it has a good defensive typing, coupled with the point i said below too means that it can often deal with a lot of the pokemon that should theoretically check it), leaving it weak to common attacking types such as Dark, Ice, and Electric, and giving it a Stealth Rock weakness, as well. Dark-types in particular are annoying for it due to the mindgames some of them cause with Sucker Punch and Pursuit, and it is slower than common Pokemon such as Archeops (holy lord i disagree with this. oricorio-g abuses most dark-types very hard. the combination of substitute and z move breaks skuntank, absol, shiftry, etc. you have a better chance at winning these mind games too). Choice Scarf users like Primeape pair well with it, as they can beat a lot of faster Pokemon for it, while it handles bulkier walls. (rather vague here, you've also mentioned primeape before and tjay also mentioned primeape in his spotlight a lot too)
Same with Tjay, you've focused a lot on potential negatives despite it being an undisputed top tier Pokemon. Address what I've mentioned and tag me again afterwards.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Oricorio-G is one of the best wallbreakers in PU due to its near unresisted STAB combo and decent Speed and Special Attack. Oricorio-G excels against balanced teams due to it exploiting common defensive cores like Mesprit + Weezing, and it has an easier time finding opportunities to set up against them, and it can even find setup opportunities against offense by capitalizing on Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Primeape locked into Close Combat. The combination of Substitute + Supersonic Skystrike allows for it to get around Dark-types such as Absol and Skuntank which would otherwise be an annoyance due to Sucker Punch. Oricorio-G has its faults, however. Its bulk is average, and it is slower than common offensive Pokemon such as Archeops. Its Ghost-typing allows for it to block Rapid Spin, so hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Mesprit make for good partners, as the hazards they set wear down a lot of Oricorio-G's checks such as Lanturn and Regirock. (switch this with the negative description)
Looks a lot better. QC approved.
CY2jDxS.gif

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Oricorio-G is one of the best wallbreakers in PU due to its near-unresisted (AH) STAB combo and decent Speed and Special Attack. Oricorio-G excels against balanced balance teams due to it exploiting because it can exploit common defensive cores like Mesprit + Weezing, and it has an easier time finding opportunities to set up against them, and it can even find setup opportunities against offense by capitalizing on Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Primeape locked into Close Combat. The combination of Substitute + Supersonic Skystrike allows for it Oricorio-G to get around Dark-types such as Absol and Skuntank, (AC) which would otherwise be an annoyance due to Sucker Punch. Its Ghost typing (RH) allows for it to block Rapid Spin, so entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Mesprit make for good partners, as the hazards they set wear down a lot of Oricorio-G's checks such as Lanturn and Regirock. However, Oricorio-G's has its faults, however. Its bulk is average, and it is slower than common offensive Pokemon such as Archeops. (Either add another sentence that says "Despite these hindrances, blahblahblah" or just delete the underlined portion entirely; a spotlight shouldn't end on something negative)
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)