All Items
All Abilities
Switch=OK
48 Hr. DQ
3 Subs
5 Chills/ 2 Recoveries
1 Z-Move
Arena: Flavory ASB Arena:
An overcrowded place. An excellent announcer. Two bold trainers. Two Pokémon on the field. Hope, joy, tears. And a mystical atmosphere: here, what prevails is flavor. Orders will have different interactions depending on the flavor trainers put behind them. However, whether the flavor will work as intended or not will be on the referee's judgment. The more creative the trainer can get, the better.
The Arena's effects on Camouflage, move's usability, etc, will be the same as the ASB Arena.

Un passant ordinaire's team:
Ginette [F] [Beedrill]

A huge fan of Gurren Lagann's iconic character, Ginette was a weak Weedle and hated herself for that. That's the reason she searched far and wide for someone who would acknowledge her and accept to train her. Every signle trainers that encoutered her in the wild didn't even try to catch her: they all beat her up without any form of mercy. However, when Passant's Murkrow, Mesrine, fought her, he was astonished by her will to keep up and continue to fight, even if she hadn't any chance of winning. Passant decided to not finish her off and move on, instead he discussed with her. Seeing Ginette's thirst of training and improving, he knew she would become a powerful Beedrill one day. And he was right. Ginette gained might and self-confidence, she feels ready to pierce the heavens with her sting! But until then, she watches Gurren Lagann again and again with Bob and Charlotte.
Types: Bug/Poison

Abilities: Swarm / Sniper (UNLOCKED)

Nature: Jolly : +15% Speed, +9% Accuracy, -1 Attack Special

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 86(+)
Size Class: 2 # Weight Class: 3 #
Base Rank Total: 16

Ginette [F] [Mega-Beedrill]

Types: Bug/Poison

Abilities: Swarm / Adaptability / Sniper (UNLOCKED)

Nature: Jolly : +15% Speed, +30% Accuracy, -1 Attack Special

Stats:
Atk: Rank 6
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0(-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 167(+)
Size Class: 3 # Weight Class: 3 #
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 5/5
MC: 1
AC: 5/5

Attacks:

Physical:
Aerial Ace
Assurance
Bide
Brick Break
Bug Bite
Cut
Drill Run
Endeavor
Fell Stinger
Fury Attack
Giga Impact
Knock Off
Pin Missile
Poison Jab
Poison Sting
Pursuit
Rage
Skull Bash
Twineedle
X-Scissors
U-Turn

Special:
Electoweb
Infestation
Venoshock

Others:
Agility
Endure
Focus Energy
Harden
Mimic
Protect
Reflect
Rest
Roost
Sleep Talk
String Shot
Substitute
Sword Dance
Toxic
Toxic Spikes
Porygon2 [Bob]
The Porygon family is known for acting glitchy and doing computer things. That's not the case with Bob: it acts like a simple, organic Pokémon. It speaks with a common (and beautiful) bass voice, it enjoys watching animes, and oranges are its favorite food. However this uncommon behaviour wasn't well perceived among his relatives, and so it went into exile by itself. It felt like its place wasn't with other Porygon. It wandered, wandered, and one day heard a voice saying "how about we get a Porygon in our team?". Bob instinctly knew its time has come -instinctly, not mathematicly-, showed up, and began to have a conversation about why oranges are the best fruit in the world. That was more than enough for Passant (another huge orange addict) who decided to accept Porygon in his team. Bob even found another huge anime lover in Ginette and Charlotte later. In fights, this Porygon uses its huge computer network at its advantage, however its fighting style is nowhere similar to a Porygon's one.
Type: Normal

Abilities:: Trace / Download / Analytic (UNLOCKED)

Nature: Modest (+ Att Spe, -Att)

Stats: HP: 100
Atk: 2(-)
Def: 3
SpA: 5(+)
SpD: 3
Spe: 60

Size Class: 2 / Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 19

EC: 7/9
MC: 0
KOC: 1

Attacks:
Physical

Bide
Foul Play
Tackle

Special
Discharge
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Icy Wind
Psybeam
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Solar Beam
Tri Attack
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Zap Cannon

Others
Agility
Conversion
Conversion 2
Defense Curl
Double Team
Endure
Gravity
Lock-On
Magic Coat
Magnet Rise
Pain Split
Protect
Psych Up
Recover
Recycle
Rest
Sharpen
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Teleport
Thunderwave
Toxic

TMan87's team:

Even though he isn't part of the Starting Trio, this Piplup didn't have any difficulty to blend into the team. His fierce yet cheery attitude is a very good (and very needed) middle ground between the girls, and he likes to relax near Kévin's heat source after a good workout. Kamina values the journey more than the destination, and will shrug at a defeat if he believes he improved his own capabilities in the match. On the contrary, he despises complacence and will get do anything to get the others (or even me) to train with him. He wants to reach the stars, and will go through anything it takes for that.
Evolving into a Prinplup didn't really change anyhting to be honest, as he's still striving to learn more and be better. He's more impatient to reach his peak, that's all.
A few ECs later, Kamina reached his final stage, finally becoming as imposing and as powerful as he desired. Now that he has more experience and literal nerves of steel, he can focus on beating his own life lessons into pretty much everyone else (including sparring partners) to awaken their potential. His training has become more specific and shifted from brute strength to technique and finesse.

Empoleon [Male] [Kamina]
Types: Water / Steel

Abilities:
Torrent / Defiant (H) [UNLOCKED]

Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)

Stats:
Atk: 4 (+)
SpA: 3 (-)
SpD: 4
Spe: 60
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 0

Attacks:
Level Up
Pound
Growl
Bubble
Water Sport
Peck
Bubble Beam
Bide
Fury Attack
Whirlpool
Drill Peck
Brine
Metal Claw
Mist
Swords Dance
Swagger
Aqua Jet

Egg/Tutor
Agility
Aqua Ring
Hydro Pump
Icy Wind
Mud Sport
Dive
Signal Beam
Mud-Slap
Double Hit
Knock Off
Stealth Rock

TM/HM
Ice Beam
Protect
Brick Break
Scald
Waterfall
Grass Knot
Work Up
Double Team
Shadow Claw
Endure
Vacuum Wave

Kazuma is rather clashing with the rest of the team. Often yelled at by Kamina for slacking off (though he doesn't know Slack Off), he finds solace in Misha's carefree nature and tries his best to avoid trouble. Even though his attacking prowess isn't the best around, when the situation calls for it Kazuma can deploy an impressive variety of tricks to make the opponent trip up. He's an opportunist to the core.

Kazuma [Male] [Alolan Muk]
Types: Poison / Dark

Abilities:
Poison Touch / Gluttony / Power of Alchemy (H)

Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: 5 (+)
SpA: 2 (-)
SpD: 4
Spe: 50
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
MC: 3
AC: 3/5

Attacks:
Level Up
Pound
Poison Gas
Harden
Bite
Disable
Acid Spray
Poison Fang
Minimize
Knock Off
Crunch
Gunk Shot
Acid Armor
Venom Drench

Egg/Tutor
Assurance
Imprison
Shadow Sneak
Spite
Stockpile
Curse

TM/HM
Taunt
Protect
Torment
Brutal Swing
Poison Jab
Rock Tomb
Infestation
Venoshock
Payback

This round's flavor:
Un passant ordinaire sends out/equips
TMan87 sends out/equips/orders
Un passant ordinaire orders
I try to sort out the mess you make of this round​

"At last, we get to battle. I wish you good luck and, of course, have fun! Bob, you're up my friend. Take this Dubious Disc and do your best!"

"Ayyyy let's go!"

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"Hmmmm, how to deal with that..."
"I have a plan."

Sending out Kazuma w/ Leftovers!

"Soooo... What do you suggest?"
"Look, I'm the great Kazuma-sama okay? This is going to work. Obviously the first thing to do is to Knock Off that Dubious Disc, cause I don't want free Hyper Beams coming my way. Next would obviously be my trademark Poison Jab for a good chance of Poison. Then... it's dinner time! Crunch on that boy."
"Huh, that's great and all, but what if it plays you like a fiddle?"
"Fufu. I have thought of failsafes, you know. Let's assume it tries to avoid my attack by any means. I won't waste my energy in pointless attacks! I'll just Taunt it and resume my plan afterwards. That duck can run but I bet it'll stop right it its tracks with rage. It's even better if he merely tries to protect itself! I'll know where to shout at least. I've been practicing a bit!
Now, the second problem is that Double Team ability of its. That's simple to avoid though: if there are clones on the field, just use Acid Spray around to hit everyone and the real one will appear. The rest of my orders can wait for after.
Finally, if it tries to hit me with an Electric-type attack, I can just Harden."
"Why Harden?"
"Ever heard of a Faraday cage? Hardening should allow me to redirect any electricity coming my way directly to the ground, leaving me unaffected. I won't do that more than once though, the boy has Analytic after all, he'd find a way around that. Once the storm is gone, I can go back to what I've planned!"
"Sounds good? We'll see."

(for clarification purposes: each sub pushes back)

Last edited:

"So, you're facing that Alolan Muk. He'll obviously try to get rid of your item. Do you have any idea?"

"You bet I do. I'll start this show by Tracing Kazuma's Glutonny. Once this gets done, I'll make him taste my good old Hyper Beam. When my item gets knocked off, I'll use Teleport, but in a special way: I'll Teleport his Leftovers to steal them! After that, I'll fire a trademark Tri Attack. That should be ok, what do you think?"

"Not bad. But what if his body prevents you to steal his item?"

"Oh. Right. But don't worry fam. When I'll analyse my foe to Trace his ability, I'll also study his body's composition. If I find out it'll be impossible to Teleport the item, I'll immediatly stop Trace to save some EN, and my plan A will make place for plan B."

"Plan B if you can't steal the Leftovers huh? What will it be?"

"I will begin the battle with a defensive stance using Defense Curl. I'll place my item in the center of the living ball I'll become, so his dirty hands won't touch them. Then, I'll fire a Hyper Beam followed by a Tri Attack next action."

"That looks sweet. Time to rumble."

nightblitz42

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Normal | (-)
Trace / Download / Analytic | Dubious Disc
HP: 100 | EN: 100
2/3/5/3/60 | 2/3/19

Poison / Dark | (M)
Poison Touch / Gluttony | Leftovers
HP: 110 | EN: 100
5/3/2/4/50 | 2/4/20

Ah, it looks like Teleport will be our first flavor action. You know, I've always regarded teleportation as an ability with a lot of power, but at the same time a fearful capacity for disaster when used incorrectly. I'll roll a d16. 1/16 will represent brilliant success, 2-15 will represent reasonable success, and 16/16 will represent a catastrophic failure.
Pre-Round
Porygon Traced Muk's Gluttony (6a)!
Porygon Downloaded an Attack boost!

A1

Porygon used Hyper Beam!
Hit chance = 100% (Dubious Disc)
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 9/16): NO
Damage = 15+3+7.5-6 = 19.5 damage (90.5 HP remaining)
Porygon is NOT Sluggish (Dubious Disc)!
-9 EN (91 EN remaining)

Muk used Knock Off!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 6/16): NO
Damage = 10+3+7.5-4.5 = 16 damage (84 HP remaining)
Porygon lost its Dubious Disc!
Poison Touch chance = 30% (rolled 97/100): NO
-6 EN (94 EN remaining)
Leftovers/Gluttony: +3hp (93.5 HP remaining)

A2

Porygon used Thieving Teleport!
Rolled 6/16: MEH
Porygon stole a Leftovers... dripping with slimy toxic residue! Roll for Poison Touch!
Poison chance = 30% (rolled 77/100): NO
-7 EN (84 EN remaining)
Leftovers/Gluttony: +3hp (87 HP remaining)

Muk used Poison Jab!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 4/16): NO
Damage = 8+3+7.5-4.5 = 14 damage (73 HP remaining)
Poison chance = 30% (rolled 52/100): NO
Poison Touch chance = 30% (rolled 54/100): NO
-5 EN (89 EN remaining)

A3

Porygon used Tri Attack!
Damage = 8+3+7.5-6 = 12.5 damage (81 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 20% (rolled 53/100): NO
-5 EN (79 EN remaining)
Leftovers/Gluttony: +3hp (76 HP remaining)

Muk used Crunch!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 12/16): NO
Damage = 8+3+7.5-4.5 = 14 damage (62 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 20% (rolled 68/100): NO
Poison Touch chance = 30% (rolled 67/100): NO
-5 EN (84 EN remaining)
Porygon successfully stole its foe's item, but why would you want that thing anyways? It's been in Grimer's mouth, for goodness' sake! That's just as gross as sticking your hand right into Grimer's mouth as far as I'm concerned. Fortunately for Porygon, this apple core still seems non-toxic (if a bit slimy).

Normal | (-)
Trace (Gluttony) / Download / Analytic | Leftovers
HP: 62 | EN: 79
2/3/5/3/60 | 2/3/19

Poison / Dark | (M)
Poison Touch / Gluttony | Leftovers
HP: 81 | EN: 84
5/3/2/4/50 | 2/4/20

This round's flavor:
TMan87 orders
I ref​

"That worked. How do those Leftovers taste?"

"I cleaned them up upon teleportation, don't worry."

"Hm. Now, let's keep up the good work, shall we? Use your Tri Attack to put the pressure on. Then, follow with an Ice Beam, give him the chills up his non-existent spine. Finally, a little Thunderbolt should be good to close the round."

"Not bad. However, I want to keep those Leftovers as long as possible. They are tasty, trust me nightblitz. So if Kazuma tries to Knock Off them, I'll use my Agility to dodge the attack. I won't do it twice in a row though, or he will get used to my speed and will strike accordingly. Moreover, I don't want him to ruin my backup plans. So, if he dares to Taunt me, I'll cover myself with a Magic Coat, moduling and reflecting the sound waves to Taunt him back. And last, if he tries to Protect, you can be sure I'll use this spare time to Recover my HP the first time he does that, and I'll just chill if he does it again. "

"You're good to go. Be careful though, he might hide a bad surprise for us."

TMan87

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"Well, well, well."
"...Don't say it."
"That digital duck thwarted your plans."
"DAMMIT"
"T'is alright though, I do have a solution. This item is yours, right? Claim it. Use Imprison, not to seal an attack, but to seal your item. Render it useless. After that, well, you should know better than me. Poison Jab, then Payback for maximum damage. This thief will be poisoned eventually."
"Yeah alright, sounds good, but I have a few worries. Like, what if it burns me with Tri Attack, huh? I'm a physical guy, y'know.
"Well in that case you just have to shift your plan to something like Imprison (item) | Poison Gas | Venoshock. That'll hurt."
"Good. What if your handy-dandy Imprison thing is impossible, though?"
"Simple, just replace it with Infestation, both in Plan A and plan B."
"Alright let's do this!"

nightblitz42

Normal | (-)
Trace (Gluttony) / Download / Analytic | Leftovers
HP: 62 | EN: 79
2/3/5/3/60 | 2/3/19

Poison / Dark | (M)
Poison Touch / Gluttony | no item
HP: 81 | EN: 84
5/3/2/4/50 | 2/4/20

Fortunately for Muk, Eating Food is a move that both of the Pokemon know, so it can be imprisoned.
A1

Porygon used Tri Attack!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 3/16): NO
Damage = 8+3+7.5-6 = 12.5 damage (68.5 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 20% (rolled 19/100): YES
1/3=burn, 2/3=paralysis, 3/3=freeze (rolled 3/3): FREEZE!
Duration = 0-2 (rolled 0): 0a!
-5 EN (74 EN remaining)
Porygon eats its food! (+3hp) (65 HP remaining)
Gluttony (2a)

Muk is no longer Frozen!
Muk used Imprison (Eating food)!
Foes became unable to eat for 6a!
-8 EN (76 EN remaining)
Imprison (5a)

A2

Porygon used Ice Beam!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 13/16): NO
Damage = 9+7.5-6 = 10.5 damage (58 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 10% (rolled 83/100): NO
-7 EN (67 EN remaining)
Gluttony (1a)

Muk used Poison Jab!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 10/16): NO
Damage = 8+3+7.5-4.5 = 14 damage (51 HP remaining)
Poison chance = 30% (rolled 88/100): NO
Poison Touch chance = 30% (rolled 40/100): NO
-5 EN (71 EN remaining)
Imprison (4a)

A3

Porygon used Thunderbolt!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 13/16): NO
Damage = 9+7.5-6 = 10.5 damage (47.5 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 10% (rolled 50/100): NO
-7 EN (60 EN remaining)
Porygon's Traced Gluttony ran out!

Muk used Payback!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 5/16): NO
Damage= 10+3+7.5-4.5 = 16 damage (35 HP remaining)
Poison Touch chance = 30% (rolled 32/100): NO
-6 EN (65 EN remaining)
Imprison (3a)

Post-Round
Muk HP -> 47

Normal | (-)Trace / Download / Analytic | Leftovers
HP: 35 | EN: 60
2/3/5/3/60 | 2/3/19

Poison / Dark | (M)
HP: 47 | EN: 65
5/3/2/4/50 | 2/4/20

This round's menu:
TMan87 orders
I ref​

Last edited:

nightblitz42

according to the NDA:
Heals the Pokemon two (2) HP at the end of every one of the Pokemon's actions. Pokemon with the ability Gluttony have three (3) HP restored per action instead.
But according to the ASB Player's Handbook, under Effect Timing:
End of Action

The following effects occur after all Pokemon have taken their turns in the action:
6. Leftovers and Black Sludge restore HP or deal damage.
I looked at the item description in the NDA last round, but this round I looked at the Player's Handbook for timing and I didn't notice the difference. I'm going to side with you and the NDA for the rest of the match regarding Leftovers to stay consistent (and also because the Player's Handbook is pretty often outdated).

EDIT: I fixed round 2, Porygon now has +3hp.

TMan87

"Niiiiiiiice."
"Now's the time to avoid being KOed."
"Sure. Whatever. I'll just go and hit left and right. Good ol' Poison Jab into Payback into Poison Jab. The classic."
"The truest of combos where the down taunt at doe"
"Aye aye. Main thing to do now is to prevent the duck from escaping KO. Obviously I won't let him use Endure for free. If he does use Endure, I'll use Infestation to break it, y'see? Under two conditions though: a) he's not already poisoned and b) he's not behind a sub, because it'd just be a waste then. Afterwards I'll go back to the beginning once more and Poison Jab it again for good measure.
Another thing to be wary of is any Normal-type combo. Those are dangerous. If I see him charging one, and if he's too healthy to be taken down, say, strictly more than 14 HP, I'll just Shadow Sneak outta sight so that he wastes his beam. I can start my plan all over again once he has finished attacking.
The third thing to watch out for is Bide. If he uses Bide, I'll immediately change my strategy to Poison Gas | Taunt | Venoshock, starting from the action he used it."
"Do you think that'll work?"
"Eeeeeeh, tough one. I've had better odds."

"That's weird, I can't eat anymore! Right when I try to take a bite, my mouth won't open!"

"Focus, we are battling right now, food can await. Do you have any idea to screw the rules and thwart some plans this round ?"

"Hell yeah I do. You're going to love it Passant. First, I'll use 20 of my HP to create a Substitute that will take all the incoming blows instead of me. It will survive the Poison Jab, even if Kazuma manages to hit it right in the critical spot. Behind that temporary protection, I'll use my Pain Split algorithm to get us both on an even level of health. And last, a Tri Attack™ should be the right choice to end up this assault."

"Not very flavorish, but it looks highly effective. Let's get him."

nightblitz42

Normal | (-)
Trace / Download / Analytic | Leftovers
HP: 35 | EN: 60
2/3/5/3/60 | 2/3/19

Poison / Dark | (M)
HP: 47 | EN: 65
5/3/2/4/50 | 2/4/20

"Hey boss, sorry to bother you but we've got some trouble over in the bleachers -- apparently Muk's Imprison is preventing people in the audience from eating their popcorn."
Huh, weird... Well, can't you just tell them to wait a few actions for the effect to wear off?
"You'd think so, but some of the audience members are surprisingly angry about it. I suppose they'll be fine waiting another round, but any longer than that..."
I see. Humans get frustrated by the tiniest things, huh?
"Well, you'd better hope they mellow out as easily, too, or we're gonna be reffing more than one fight today! Seriously."

A1

Porygon used Substitute (20hp)!
15 HP remaining
-17 EN (43 EN remaining)

Muk used Poison Jab!
Crit chance = 1/16 (Rolled 2/16): NO
Damage = 8+3+7.5-4.5 = 14 damage (substitute: 6 HP remaining)
-5 EN (60 EN remaining)
Imprison (2a)

A2

Porygon used Pain Split!
HP drain = (47-15)/2 = 16 damage
Muk: 47-16 = 31 HP remaining
Porygon: 15+16 = 31 HP remaining
EN cost = 6+(47-15)/2 -1 = -21 EN (22 EN remaining)

Muk used Payback!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 1/16): CRIT!
Damage = 10+3+3+7.5-4.5 = 19 damage (substitute KO!)
-6 EN (54 EN remaining)
Imprison (1a)

A3

Porygon used Tri Attack!
Damage = 8+3+7.5-6 = 12.5 damage (18.5 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 20% (rolled 63/100): NO
-5 EN (17 EN remaining)

Muk used Poison Jab!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 8/16): NO
Damage = 8+3+7.5-4.5 = 14 damage (17 HP remaining)
Effect chance = 30% (rolled 54/100): NO
Poison Touch chance = 30% (rolled 40/100): NO
-5 EN (49 EN remaining)
Imprison wore off!

Post-Round
Muk HP -> 18

Normal | (-)
HP: 17 | EN: 17
2/3/5/3/60 | 2/3/19

Poison / Dark | (M)
HP: 18 | EN: 49
5/3/2/4/50 | 2/4/20

This round's complications:
TMan87 orders
I ref​

"FIRE DA LASER! HYPER BEEEEAAAAAM!"

"Whoah calm down, you're going to get played if you act too recklessly. If Kazuma tries to avoid or protect himself from the attack by any priority means, I want you to chill. Moreover, if Kazuma uses a damaging combination involving Shadow Sneak, Protect yourself. Hyper Beam at will as long as Kazuma doesn't pull any of the tricks I mentionned, got it ?"

"Roger that."

TMan87

"...Heh."
"I know that expression."
"Don't worry, I know I'm just setting the stage for the actual duel."
"You can still impress by dodging this Hyper Beam, you know."
"I'll try. Hey, cool guy, I'm counting on you to win this one, okay? Don't let me down."
"This will to carry others to victory through one's sacrifice... It shall give me strength in due time!"
"That's good to hear, I guess. Hey, duck! I had fun battling you, but I bet you won't stomach my Shadow Sneak + Poison Jab combo very easily! If I'm still alive afterwards, well, I'll just Acid Armor. See ya on the other side!"

nightblitz42

Normal | (-)
HP: 17 | EN: 17
2/3/5/3/60 | 2/3/19

Poison / Dark | (M)
HP: 18 | EN: 49
5/3/2/4/50 | 2/4/20
A1

Porygon used Protect!
Leftovers: +2hp (19 HP remaining)

Muk used Sneaky Poison Jab!
Base EN cost = 4-1+6+4-1 = 12EN
Type = Poison
Potential damage = 4/2+8+3+7.5-4.5 = 16 damage
Porygon EN cost = 7+(16/2.5)-1 = -12.4 EN (4.6 EN remaining)
Muk EN cost = (4+6+4)*1.5 -1 = -20 EN (29 EN remaining)
Cooldown (1a)

A2

Porygon used Hyper Beeeeaaaam!
Hit chance = 90% (rolled 1/100): HIT!!!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 10/16): NO
Damage = 15+3+7.5-6 = 19.5 damage (KO!)
-9 EN (ENKO!)

Item: Leftovers

Item: no item​

This round's replacement:
Un passant ordinaire sends out and equips
TMan87 sends out, equips, and orders
I ref​

"Ughhh... I... I can't continue... Well... played... Kazuma..."

"You don't have to continue Bob. You did an excellent job. I'm proud of you buddy. Take some good rest, you truly deserve it. Ginette, here, catch this Beedrillite. You know what to do."

"Heh... I'm counting... on you Ginette. Show your hero... who you are. My spirit... will stand by... your side."

"BOB! I swear I'll make this count. Just watch me. The real show begins now. COME, KAMINA."

TMan87

"So you know my name... Nice drills you got there. I'll be judging if you know how to use them!"
"Feeling confident?"
"I have no choice but to give it my all now. Step aside, this will become intense."
"Yo, catch this Focus Band, it'll make you look even cooler. So, any tactics? You opponent is an offensive behemoth, you know."
"This is a battle where our hearts will resonate! Tricks are not needed! I'll open up with a willing Drill Peck, after what I'll continue my assault with a Waterfall, leaving her defenseless against a second Drill Peck!"
"Dude, you're cool-looking, but you lack strategy."
"Huh? Weren't you KO a second ago?"
"A benevolent onee-san just resurrected me. Anyway! What if that girl protects against you, whichever way she does it, huh? Drilling won't help you, so just use your Aqua Ring. She does it again? Create one clone of yourself. Go back to Drill Peck each time. That's helpful. Another thing you completely missed is Bide. With my high intellect, I recommend the following in case of Bide: Aqua Ring | Swords Dance | Drill Peck. Obviously the last one would be any Ground-type combination. If that's what's coming at you... Dive and stay underwater for that action. The thing will go over your head and you'll peekaboo next action without having lost a single HP and you can go back to square one by Drill Pecking everyone to your heart's content, kay?"
"Alright. Now's time to prove my worth!"

"His attacks are probably nothing to laugh at. And your typing won't help much against him. Moreover, his item... It's a Focus Band it seems. He will be a pain to deal with. Oh, you have already Mega-Evolved?"

"I have everything I need at my disposal to deal with this situation. First, I'll put a Reflect on myself, that will greatly decrease the damage I'll take. Then, a good Knock Off should be fine to get rid of his item. And last, I use my Focus Energy to strenghten my drilling for the next rounds."

"GINETTE, WAIT! I have... just enough energy to give you... THE MOTIVATION. I'LL PLAY THIS WHEN YOU WILL BEGIN TO FIGHT. *cough cough* NOW GO AND DRILL THROUGH THE HEAVENS."

nightblitz42

Bug/Poison | (F)
Swarm / Adaptability / Sniper | Beedrillite
6/2/0/3/167 | 3/3/21

Water/Steel | (M)
Torrent / Defiant | Focus Band
4/3/3/4/60 | 3/4/20

What's that loud music? Is that coming from the stadium speakers? Zoroark, I've told you not to mess with the audio system!
"No, no, I didn't do anything! It's, uh... It's the Porygon! I think it used the last of its energy to send a signal to the computer systems that made it--"
Don't be ridiculous! That Pokemon didn't even have enough energy to finish its Hyper Beam! Where's it getting the extra energy to hijack an entire arena's speaker system?"
"I don't know, but I'm not pulling your leg this time, seriously! I'm trying to turn off the music, but it's not responding, either..."
(sigh) If you're gonna cause trouble like this, you shouldn't go blaming it on other Pokemon...
"Please, I'm being serious~"

A1

Beedrill used Reflect!
Beedrill put up a wall of light (6a)!
-10 EN (90 EN remaining)
Reflect (5a)

Empoleon used Drill Peck!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 5/16): NO
Damage = (8/2+6-3)*1.5 = 10.5 damage (89.5 HP remaining)
-6 EN (94 EN remaining)

A2

Beedrill used Knock Off!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 12/16): NO
Damage = 10+9-4.5 = 14.5 damage (85.5 Hp remaining)
Empoleon lost its Focus Band!
-7 EN (83 EN remaining)
Reflect (4a)

Empoleon used Waterfall!
Damage = 8/2+3+6-3 = 10 damage (79.5 HP remaining)
-5 EN (89 EN remaining)

A3

Beedrill used Focus Energy!
Beedrill is feeling pumped up!
-12 EN (71 EN remaining)
Reflect (3a)
Focus Energy (5a)

Empoleon used Drill Peck!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 8/16): NO
Damage = (8/2+6-3)*1.5 = 10.5 damage (69 HP remaining)
-6 EN (83 EN remaining)

Post-Round
Empoleon HP -> 85

Bug/Poison | (F)
HP: 69 | EN: 71
6/2/0/3/167 | 3/3/21

Water/Steel | (M)
HP: 85 | EN: 83
4/3/3/4/60 | 3/4/20

This round's theatrics:
TMan87 orders
I ref​

"READY TO DRILL?"

"READY TO DRILL."

"Drill Run, Brick Break, Drill Run ?"

"Agreed. However, if my foe prepares a Bide, attacking him would be a disaster for me. Instead, I will boost my offensive abilities with a Sword Dance, then I attack with a little Infestation to get some damage later, and finally a Drill Run."

"Looks nice. And if Kamina tries to protects himself or avoid your blows by any means that isn't a damaging Aqua-Jet, use Pursuit, don't let him escape. That goes for Protect, Agility, and if he's underwater I'm fairly certain that you can hit him if he rushes at you with an Aqua Jet or if he tries to hide himself with clones, you're entirely focused and accurate enough for that."

"Indeed I am. You have nowhere to run, Kamina."

TMan87

"Don't get cocky! You have great potential, but you lack practice! I'll teach you a lesson or two!"
"You say that, but you seem to be enjoying yourself."
"Of course I am! Now that's how a real battle should be!"
"Plan?"
"My burning fighting spirit will allow me to Scald my challenger. Let's see if she can withstand such blazing passion! After that, I'll use an Ice Beam to coat her appendages in ice when she'll come up close for her Brick Break, which will prevent her from Drill Running me at will. Finally, a good Brine should teach her how to get over salt. How's that for a plan?"
"It's more clever that whatever you usually do, so let's roll with it."
"YEA- wait a second."

I feel like my Empoleon is becoming a mix of Kamina and Kill la Kill's Aikurō Mitsugi...

nightblitz42

Bug/Poison | (F)
HP: 69 | EN: 71
6/2/0/3/167 | 3/3/21

Water/Steel | (M)
HP: 85 | EN: 83
4/3/3/4/60 | 3/4/20

Normally Ice Beam's goal is to try to freeze the opponent's entire body. However, this Empoleon's narrower, more-focused Ice Beam targets only Beedrill's drills, coating them in a thick layer of solid ice. They'll probably thaw out in a few actions.

What does Beedrill do when it's told to perform Drill Run but it can't get its drills to run? Does it Struggle? Does it just keep trying to perform its move the best it can? Or does it do something truly defying limitations? I'll roll a d5: option 1=(1-2)/5, option 2=(3-4)/5, option 3=5/5.

A1

Beedrill used Drill Run!
Hit chance = (95+30)% : HIT
CRIT!
Damage = (8+6+9-4.5)*1.5 = 27.75 damage (57.25 HP remaining)
-6 EN (65 EN remaining)
Reflect (2a)
Focus Energy (4a)

Empoleon used Scald!
Damage = 8+3+4.5-4.5 = 11 damage (58 HP remaining)
Burn chance = 30% (rolled 71/100): NO
-5 EN (78 EN remaining)

A2

Beedrill used Brick Break!
CRIT!
Damage = (8+6+9-4.5)*1.5 = 27.75 damage (29.5 HP remaining)
Torrent activates!
-6 EN (59 EN remaining)
Reflect (1a)
Focus Energy (3a)

Empoleon used Ice Beam!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 7/16): NO
Damage = 9+4.5-4.5 = 9 damage (49 HP remaining)
Beedrill's arms are frozen solid (3a)!
-7 EN (71 EN remaining)

A3

Beedrill used (rolled 1/5) Struggle!
CRIT!
Damage = 5+6+9-4.5 = 15.5 damage (14 HP remaining)
Recoil = 15.5*.4 = -6.2 HP (42.8 HP remaining)
-5 EN (54 EN remaining)
Beedrill's Reflect wore off!
Focus Energy (2a)
Arms are frozen (2a)

Empoleon used Brine!
Crit chance = 1/16 (rolled 2/16): NO
Damage = 13+3+3+4.5-4.5 = 19 damage (23.8 HP remaining)
Swarm activates!
-7 EN (64 EN remaining)

Post-Round
Beedrill HP -> 24

Bug/Poison | (F)
HP: 24 | EN: 54
6/2/0/3/167 | 3/3/21
Status: Arms frozen (2a), Focus Energy (2a), Swarm, +30% Accuracy

Water/Steel | (M)
HP: 14 | EN: 64
4/3/3/4/60 | 3/4/20

This round's spirit:
TMan87 orders
I ref​

TMan87

"You better dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! What good are drills that cannot spin?"
"Uh."
"Unable to dig through hardships, how do you expect to make it to a brighter future?"
"Uhhhh..."
"But even then... Pure, undiluted adrenaline is coursing through my veins! This is proof of how worthy of an opponent you are!"
"Uhhhhhhh can you quit the ham and start thinking of orders already?"
"Now come, Ginette, I will teach you how to drill through the heavens themselves!"
"Yeah alright. Y'know what, just Endure then Brine into Drill Peck. That'll wrap it up nicely. As for moves to watch out for, Infestation's one of these. If your opponent is to use it in the round but not A3 then replace your orders with Brine | Aqua Jet | Aqua Jet. If your opponent uses Substitute, just Aqua Jet immediately and keep doing it until it faints. Finally, in case of opposing Endure, throw a Whirlpool at it that action. Don't be stupid and do it if it's already trapped in one though. You can push back your actions afterwards. It is to note that this scenario is of utmost importance and should override any other order. Did you get all that?"
"I did. Let's finish this."
"I already found a dozen gaps in these orders..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)