SM LC First and only LC team, Balanced.

What should I do to improve my team?

• Replace Mudbray with a sweeper. Ponyta and Omanyte don't cut it by themselves.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace Spritzee or Magnemite with a sweeper. Mudbray is fine.

• Give Vullaby Acrobatics instead of Brave bird. A 10 base power drop isn't a bad trade for more bulk.

• Keep it the same. Don't fix what isn't broken.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first ever time I have tried to venture into the realm of competitive Pokemon. Sure, I played Pokemon showdown, but I only recently made an account for Smogon. So, if this team is unviable, I wouldn't be surprised. Heck, I asked how to insert my team into the text. But I know you came here to see my team, so here it is:

Ponyta (M) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Flame Charge
- Hypnosis

Mudbray (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Spritzee (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpD / 12 Spe
Gentle Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Omanyte (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 Atk / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Endure

The main idea of this team is to adapt to any situation. I usually start with Omanyte, and set up stealthrock. If the opponent activates it's weak armor, take advantage of that speed boost to use Hydro pump. If not, stick to toxic spikes and, depending on the situation, knockoff. After Omanyte faints, or is otherwise not helpful anymore, I start to switch to my other team members. Vullaby for pivot, Mudbray and Spritzee for stall, Magnemite for stopping sweepers like Snivy, and Ponyta serves as a sweeper itself. I already have some ideas on how to improve it, so you can pick one for me in the poll below, or leave a different answer entirely in the comments. Thanks so much for reading all of this. Happy holidays!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)