Festival Plaza

This tread is for the disscusion of all things Festival Plaza the new online hub for Pokemon Sun and Moon

Festival Plaza is unique in that it allows you to not only participate in online battles and trades but to also increase your pokemon's EV, customize your clothes and obtain items from it's Facilities (you can get bottlecaps from it's Facilities) each Facility can go from 1 to 5 stars with more stars providing more coices and better results/chances of getting rare items

The list of facilities is:

Bouncy Houses
Allows you to raise your pokemon's EVs. Costs FC.

• Clink-Clunk Land (for raising Defense or Special Defense)
  • Phew-Phew Gym
  • Stomp-Stomp House (for raising HP or Speed)
  • Thump-Bump Park (for raising Attack or Special Attack)
Dye Houses
Changes the color of your fashion items. You can choose to buy dyes, or dye with Berries you've collected. Costs FC.

• Team Red
  • Team Orange
  • Team Yellow
  • Team Green
  • Team Blue
  • Team Navy Blue
  • Team Purple
  • Team Pink
Food Stalls
Raises the level, friendship or EV's of one pokemon. Costs FC.

• Rare Kitchen (sells items that raise a pokemon's level)
  • Friendship Café (raise a pokemon's friendship)
  • Friendship Parlor (raise a pokemon's friendship)
  • Battle Table (raise a pokemon's EVs)
Fortune-teller Tents
Gives you new pre-defined phrases to use. Costs FC. Doubles FC gains according to fortune.

• Kanto Tent
  • Johto Tent
  • Hoenn Tent
  • Sinnoh Tent
  • Unova Tent
  • Kalos Tent
  • Pokemon House
Goody Shops
Buy items for FC.

• General Store (sells various items)
  • Ball Shop (sells pokeballs)
  • Battle Store (sells X whatever items)
  • Pharmacy (sells medicine)
  • Soft Drink Parlor (sells drinks)
  • Effort Shop (sells vitamins)
Haunted Houses
Earn various items. Costs FC.

• Confuse Ray
  • Ghosts' Den
  • Trick Room
Lottery Shops
Win prizes by drawing a lotery ticket. Free.

• Big Dreams
  • Gold Rush
  • Treasure Hunt
Friend Coins (FC) are necessary for several activities in Festival Plaza, you can earn them by either sending NPC's to a particular shop according to what they say, from people that you traded with or by doing Missions, you can participate in Missions by connecting to the internet and waiting for a notification in the lower screen or you can host them yourself after archieving Rank 4 on yor Festival Plaza, the rank of your Festival Plaza increases based on the number of Festival Coins you gather.

The following ranks unlock relevant features:
  • Rank 4 (31 FC): Enables you to host and join missions.
  • Rank 8 (211 FC): Enables you to host facilities from visitors.
  • Rank 10 (361 FC): Enables you to buy fashion items from visitors

Each new Rank gives you either new features or new a new Facility, new Facilities are otherwise offered randomly by NPC visitors and cost FC (from 50 up to 1850). Note that there are clothes that are exclusive to the version you are playing and can only be accesed by paying NPC visitors for them.

Global Missions

Global Missions are limited-time events in which all players around the world receive a shared mission via Festival Plaza. These Global Missions will be held at regular intervals; to paricipate on Global Missions you must first Game Synch your game to the Pokemon Global Link through the castle.

Follow these steps to join the global mission:
1. Enter Festival Plaza by selecting it in your in-game menu.
2. Enter Festival Plaza’s central castle.
3. Speak to the global mission receptionist on the right and let her know you want to participate in the global mission.
4. Remember to return before the mission ends to sync your game to add to the global count. Once you are participating in the global mission, talk to the receptionist to have your progress sent to the server.

If you have registered your game to a PGL account connecting to the Internet while in Festival Plaza will cause your game to sync automatically which will send your progress to the server.

How to Check Your Progress Toward the Global Goal
Talk to the receptionist to check on the overall progress toward the goal and to update your own progress as well. You can also check on the progress by visiting the home page of the Pokemon Global Link.

Current Mission

None.

This tread will be to discuss all topics about Festival Plaza itself. This tread is not for discussing either online battles or trades of any kind.

Last edited:
Welp we just failed our first mission (as no doubt this tread's awesome activity can document)

tune in next time (all 3 of you) for the next mission also I'll update the "guide" as time goes by

and if anyone has a Phew-Phew Gym please post what it does

Last edited:
I feel this mission would have had an actual chance had it, you know, been live from day 1, where the largest influx of players probably is, and not arbitrarily started like 2 weeks later

and also if you didnt have to dig into the festival plaza

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I saw several problems with the first mission:

1. Wasn't released Day 1. If available Day 1 MAYBE it would have had a chance, otherwise asking for 100,000,000 I feel was asking too much.
2. A lot of players were confused about how to enter to participate. It's possible many players thought they were participating only for them not to be thus their captures didn't count.
3. And just in general I think the mission was stupid. "Capture a lot of of Pokemon" and then what with them? As I said, if it was released Day 1 or counted how many Pokemon you registered then maybe that would have been a different story. However I'm not going to run around catching dozens and dozens of Rattata, Yungoose, Pikipek, Ledyba, and Spinarak on Route 1 (which is what most people would do), wasting a lot of money on Pokeballs they could be saving up for clothes or time they could be do anything else with.

I can see the logic in "catch lots of pokemon". Lots of players, most are going to catch things they like and some collectors may catch duplicates. But that really only works on the first burst of players and even then most probably won't catch a bunch.

An egg-based challenge would be an entirely different story which makes the fact that the next one is island-scan based insane.

This may be off topic, but there doesn't seem to be a place to discuss and share general Festival Plaza information(like building trading). Does this thread capture that under the umbrella or should there be a separate one?

This may be off topic, but there doesn't seem to be a place to discuss and share general Festival Plaza information(like building trading). Does this thread capture that under the umbrella or should there be a separate one?
Yeah, was wondering that earlier. Sure, getting any 'Mon to 100 is an absolute chore in this game, but I'm surprised there isn't a thread with the purpose of spreading around the Rank 5 Lotteries for that purpose, to say nothing of the game-specific buildings like the dye stations (seriously, who thought that was a good idea?) and EV resetters.

By the time the last mission started, a lot of players had completed the game and had moved on to post-game stuff, like Battle Tree. I myself spent the past couples of weeks breeding and it would've been a lot easier if eggs had counted as part of the mission. They definitely didn't want us to complete it...

Last edited:
This tread is totally for that, global mission talk is part of the tread not the totality of it

as for the reliable traiding of facilities this japanese guide may tell you how to do it
http://www.evervolition.com/entry/2016/11/22/120907
(japanese reading people please corroborate this)
but as far as I know it's random :/

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Definitely hit up and share stuff in this thread! Orange Islands has a wealth of information, so please expand and research and post any cool stuff you find! I know Its_A_Random has been getting a leveling method which works (Could you please post that here?)

I was honestly not surprised how badly we failed the first mission. 100 million in 14 days was totally unrealistic, especially 2 weeks after launch. Most people had already caught the majority of stuff. Hell, between me registering for the PGL and the event ending, I probably only added 15 or so mons (mostly UB's and random Abras). The fact you had to register to the PGL at all is a huge problem too. Even if they had sold 10 million copies and every single person registered, that's 10 Pokemon each. You have to quarter that 10 million for PGL registrations (at minimum). Which means its 40 Pokemon each. That's more than a box full.

Worth noting; a "Day 1" mission was a little naive, for two reasons - missions aren't available from the get-go, and at that, they're pretty low priority for the vast majority of people playing a new gen game for the first time. But mostly, there wasn't one "Day 1", there were 2. Europe got the games almost a week later, remember? Might not be as large a market as Japan and the US, (I might be wrong, but I'm guessing it isn't even as a collective) but reaching any kind of high goal would be much more achievable with the entire world on board.

Although, tbh, the festival plaza is a shitshow from start to finish, so it's actually kind of reassuring to see it and everything it entails be consistently awful across the board.

Do we have data on the chance for Sophocles to offer various shops at various ranks? Eg. At what rank does he have a reasonable chance of offering 4* and above shops?

Also, is it possible to change Sophocles' offer through resetting?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was summoned.

Anyway I've been using Festival Plaza as a way of getting Lv100's pretty quickly which can be useful for bottle capping legends and whatnot. To set this method up, you need two Five Star Rare Kitchen's. This costs 4,500 FC to build (Get a VIP that can get you the facility) unless you get lucky and get offered to build one from Sophocles (only possible on Sun), and you need to have your Plaza Rank be at least 30 to gain access to the two ingredients you need to level up quickly:
  • Rare Buffet: Once per kitchen per day, Raises a Pokémon's level by nine if Lv89 or lower. Cost: 300 FC.
  • Rare Dinner: Once per kitchen per day, Raises a Pokémon's level by seven if Lv79 or lower. Cost: 100 FC.
Now take your Pokémon you need to get to Lv100.
  • Raise it to Lv66, which shouldn't take too long fighting wilds in Poni Gauntlet.
  • Grind Festival Plaza missions / requests / wonder trades / etc until you have 800 FC. Fortune Teller tents are great for making this faster. Should take an hour or so at worst.
  • Go to one of your Five Star Rare Kitchens and give your Pokémon a Rare Dinner, raising it to Lv73.
  • Go to the other of your Five Star Rare Kitchens and give your Pokémon another Rare Dinner, raising it to Lv80.
  • In the same Five Star Rare Kitchen, give your Pokémon a Rare Buffet, raising it to Lv89.
  • Go back to the other Five Star Rare Kitchen and give your Pokémon a Rare Buffet, raising it to Lv98.
  • Now either feed it two Rare Candies or mindlessly take out random Gumshoos in Poni Gauntlet (Half an hour at most with two heart affection and Lucky Egg) until your Pokémon is Lv100.
  • There you go, a Level 100 Pokémon in not too much time! The more you get to Lv100 this way, the bigger the payoff from all that FC grinding.
Note that if your Pokémon is above Lv66, just grind it to the next level point (73, 80, or 89) and then... yeah grind less FC. You can do this with one Five Star Rare Kitchen, but it's much less efficient with one because it will take two-three days to get something from 66 to 98 to the point where you are better off exp grinding the normal way at least till Lv89.

---

Other than that, the only other big use for the Festival Plaza really is the Bottle Cap loop IMO (exploit the fact that first prize for a Two Star Treasure Hunt is always a Bottle Cap so swap between it and a one star to get Bottle Caps cheaply).

Best facility placement for Festival Plaza IMO is:

Bottle Cap Loop Slot | Treasure Hunt ***** | Treasure Hunt OR Fortune Teller | Fortune Teller | Fortune Teller | Rare Kitchen ***** | Rare Kitchen ***** .

Treasure Hunt = Bottle Caps, Fortune Tellers for getting FC faster, Rare Kitchens for expediting the grind to Lv100 for Hyper Training etc.

To what extent do Fortune Tellers help with FC? I didn't know they did anything but make you get a few extra items from Lotteries, Ghost Dens, give iconic catchphrases, etc.

Do we have data on the chance for Sophocles to offer various shops at various ranks? Eg. At what rank does he have a reasonable chance of offering 4* and above shops?

Also, is it possible to change Sophocles' offer through resetting?
I tried resetting Sophocles and got Team Pink 3 6 times in a row at 59, so I am fairly certain it is probably locked when you reach the previous level.

I was summoned.

Anyway I've been using Festival Plaza as a way of getting Lv100's pretty quickly which can be useful for bottle capping legends and whatnot. To set this method up, you need two Five Star Rare Kitchen's. This costs 4,500 FC to build (Get a VIP that can get you the facility) unless you get lucky and get offered to build one from Sophocles (only possible on Sun), and you need to have your Plaza Rank be at least 30 to gain access to the two ingredients you need to level up quickly:
  • Rare Buffet: Once per kitchen per day, Raises a Pokémon's level by nine if Lv89 or lower. Cost: 300 FC.
  • Rare Dinner: Once per kitchen per day, Raises a Pokémon's level by seven if Lv79 or lower. Cost: 100 FC.
Now take your Pokémon you need to get to Lv100.
  • Raise it to Lv66, which shouldn't take too long fighting wilds in Poni Gauntlet.
  • Grind Festival Plaza missions / requests / wonder trades / etc until you have 800 FC. Fortune Teller tents are great for making this faster. Should take an hour or so at worst.
  • Go to one of your Five Star Rare Kitchens and give your Pokémon a Rare Dinner, raising it to Lv73.
  • Go to the other of your Five Star Rare Kitchens and give your Pokémon another Rare Dinner, raising it to Lv80.
  • In the same Five Star Rare Kitchen, give your Pokémon a Rare Buffet, raising it to Lv89.
  • Go back to the other Five Star Rare Kitchen and give your Pokémon a Rare Buffet, raising it to Lv98.
  • Now either feed it two Rare Candies or mindlessly take out random Gumshoos in Poni Gauntlet (Half an hour at most with two heart affection and Lucky Egg) until your Pokémon is Lv100.
  • There you go, a Level 100 Pokémon in not too much time! The more you get to Lv100 this way, the bigger the payoff from all that FC grinding.
Note that if your Pokémon is above Lv66, just grind it to the next level point (73, 80, or 89) and then... yeah grind less FC. You can do this with one Five Star Rare Kitchen, but it's much less efficient with one because it will take two-three days to get something from 66 to 98 to the point where you are better off exp grinding the normal way at least till Lv89.

---

Other than that, the only other big use for the Festival Plaza really is the Bottle Cap loop IMO (exploit the fact that first prize for a Two Star Treasure Hunt is always a Bottle Cap so swap between it and a one star to get Bottle Caps cheaply).

Best facility placement for Festival Plaza IMO is:

Bottle Cap Loop Slot | Treasure Hunt ***** | Treasure Hunt OR Fortune Teller | Fortune Teller | Fortune Teller | Rare Kitchen ***** | Rare Kitchen ***** .

Treasure Hunt = Bottle Caps, Fortune Tellers for getting FC faster, Rare Kitchens for expediting the grind to Lv100 for Hyper Training etc.
This bottle cap loop works, but if you are leveling up, my suggestion will be to simply replace the level 2 with anything terrible Sophocles gives and just re-add it later, which only costs 100. His replacement prizes are worthless.

It is also worth noting that getting 800FC will take much more than an hour if the fortunes don't line up well and we aren't in high time for japanese players. Doing Inverse Type Tests solo or small group bets 36FC for 3 minutes, but with the score screen, setting up, it can take longer than that or you might not have the tickets. In this case, it becomes much harder.

It can also be mentioned while the prizes at treasure hunt are set, if you get to draw an extra one, that prize RNG is generated on the spot, so you can soft reset for potential caps there. I, personally, believe that as long as you have 6 pokemon you want leveled, a single rare kitcken and grinding to 89 as a group on mobs or the elite four is fine, especially if you have 6 lucky eggs.

For example, to get 6 pokemon from 65 to 89 at 20 minutes per E4 run, it takes about 500k experience for the slow bracket, which takes about 10 runs in that situation. This is 3 hours and 20 minutes. Obviously, if it is a traded pokemon, even more is gained. It is another 400k to 100. That could take another 3 hours. This would net about 800,000 money also.

Obviously, the grind isn't amazingly fun, but unless you have FP bonus and WT bonus, it'd be hard to get 4800 in that 6 hours.

However, the moment you are no longer needing a whole host of pokemon leveled(i.e. your Beasts and Legends are finished), it will be faster to kitchen.

This bottle cap loop works, but if you are leveling up, my suggestion will be to simply replace the level 2 with anything terrible Sophocles gives and just re-add it later, which only costs 100. His replacement prizes are worthless.
This one is super important for "beginners" trying to exploit the bottle cap loop: Let Sophocles replace your ★2 Treasure Hunt with anything... it has two purposes:
-It costs much less money
-it automatically forces you to grind for the Festival Coins/Amulets

Oh, and on the note of building trades, I have the following:

Rare Kitchen 5*
Treasure Hunt 5*
Kanto Tent 5*
Navy Blue 5*
Pink 5* (Bright Pink is the cat's meow!)
Treasure Hunt 2*

available to give to people if they would like.

I won't be home until after work today, but I have lots of stuff to give!

Worth noting; a "Day 1" mission was a little naive, for two reasons - missions aren't available from the get-go, and at that, they're pretty low priority for the vast majority of people playing a new gen game for the first time. But mostly, there wasn't one "Day 1", there were 2. Europe got the games almost a week later, remember? Might not be as large a market as Japan and the US, (I might be wrong, but I'm guessing it isn't even as a collective) but reaching any kind of high goal would be much more achievable with the entire world on board.

Although, tbh, the festival plaza is a shitshow from start to finish, so it's actually kind of reassuring to see it and everything it entails be consistently awful across the board.
Europe got it 5 days later and technically Japan gets it a day earlier. If the mission at least went live on the european release that would have been fine. But it was still an additional week out.

but also what would it have mattered if it started on day 1 for japan? All it means is they'd get another influx of players 5 days later.

There's an exploit for infinite FC floating around. With a pretty good boost from one of my 5* Fortune Tellers I could get around 200-400 FC every 2 minutes. Went from lv.47 to lv.102 Plaza in a few hours.

I also heartily recommend 2 5* Rare Kitchens and 2+ 5* Fortune Tellers, and then either a Treasure Hunter, Dye Shop, Friendship Parlor or a free spot to farm Bottle Caps for 150FC. All other plaza perks can be gotten from the live game cheaper and more easily.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
There's an exploit for infinite FC floating around. With a pretty good boost from one of my 5* Fortune Tellers I could get around 200-400 FC every 2 minutes. Went from lv.47 to lv.102 Plaza in a few hours.

I also heartily recommend 2 5* Rare Kitchens and 2+ 5* Fortune Tellers, and then either a Treasure Hunter, Dye Shop, Friendship Parlor or a free spot to farm Bottle Caps for 150FC. All other plaza perks can be gotten from the live game cheaper and more easily.
Incoming patch which is required to go online in 3... 2... 1...

On one hand gamefreak has a history on not doing patches ever

on the other hand I played enough MMOs too know exploits can lead to painful rollbacks

Personally I'm gonna wait until pokebank is accesible on january and if there're no festival plaza patches then, then I'll stat exploiting

On one hand gamefreak has a history on not doing patches ever

on the other hand I played enough MMOs too know exploits can lead to painful rollbacks

Personally I'm gonna wait until pokebank is accesible on january and if there're no festival plaza patches then, then I'll stat exploiting
gamefreak doesn't do content updates but they've done patches before. The biggest one is, of course, the lumiose city bug, but they also did a few others for more minor things (I think there was a pokeball effect glitch or something). I also know they've needed to update exploits/issues with online battling a few times, but I can't remember if that required its own patch or was just something on their end.

It's more a question of if they know about the exploit & care enough about it to fix it. This seems like such low priority and so harmless that I doubt they really care unless it leads to a worse exploit/issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)