Fakemon Central (read the rules in the OP)

I like the idea of the yin-tail, but what you've got right now seems a bit too simplistic to me :P It's a balancing act, really. I'd say keep the "curled tail" concept, but keep it "clean" - kind of like Vulpix's tails.

Also, I think it'd help if you deformed the head a little. Maybe make it bigger or accentuate some aspects of it. You could also add a lock of hair on its forehead that resembles the other half of the yin-yang symbol.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Actually, I'd say Furfrou is more or less purposely very generic, as while many would forget this, you can trim it to have dozens of different patterns and colors, and that's sorta the appeal!

I'd also agree that a bit of an increase and decrease in size in some segments could make for a more Pokemon-looking aesthetic. As Sunfished said, a lot of mons even of the more "generic" variety will have exaggerations and cartoony stuff or the like, such as Fennekin and Litten's head.

That's a pretty neat one! I like the concept of a bird pokemon entering a cocoon-like middle stage made of its own nest, and how it evokes a fruit without being actually being one, or even grass-type at all.

I've lurked around this place for a few years now and saw this thread and decided to finally join. I have a huge backlog of fakemon designs/sprites I've done over time, so I might as well start off with a specific line from a few months ago that turned out pretty okay:

Icicrawl, Glacicrawl and Veldrake are ice/dragon and the latter half of a pair of pseudo-legendaries (the other being a bug/dragon line that i cannot figure out a good design for). They are based on velvet worms, invertebrates which immobilize their prey by spraying sticky slime. Here, slime has been substituted for freezing things solid, and as the "Coolant Pokemon", their ability "Cool Down" makes their ice-type attacks super-effective on fire-type targets.

I didn't want to overdo it so this is just one line of the stuff I've done so far. I'll probably make an actual thread for these at some point.

freepepa : Great design! The flying type is a little bit of a stretch, since the second type doesn't look like it can fly at all and the first and third stages are weighed down by the rocks on their bodies. But Pokémon don't really have to be realistic, so its probably fine.

DrTapeworm : Those really look like they could be "a thing". Cool ability too (no pun intended). If I could change something, I'd probably add some claws on its first pair of appendages. It looks a bit too stumpy for my taste.

Here's one of my first Fakemon concepts:

I did this back when Dhelmise wasn't known yet. Although there now is an official seaweed pokemon now, I think there should be another one that has the "proper" grass/water typing.
Scuttelps and Tangozers abilities would be Chlorophyll / Storm Drain or (HA) Regenerator. I thought of it as a bulky special attacker. Aside from water and grass moves, it gets some Rock type coverage (since the second stage throws rocks from the seafloor at enemies to defend itself).

Last edited:

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
freepepa
I really liked how you took the stereotype of the bug > cocoon > butterfly/moth and made your own twist on it. By doing this you really give the consumer something to really appreciate and that creativity is definitely awesome! One of my favorite fakemon lines hands down.

DrTapeworm
They look menacing, and pretty damn cool. When I look at them I feel like when I was younger awing at the insects scuttling around in my back garden and it makes me appreciate your design more! My only real criticism is the 2 evolutions shouldn't have lost the mouth the base stage had.

Gobogon Although dhelmise is one of my favorite pokemon I prefer your pokemon as a seaweed mon simply because it's directly seaweed. I think the base stage might appreciate the little bumpy segments that you added on the evo. Appart from that everything is pretty much good in my eyes.
P.S: Love the flavor about throwing rocks at enemies to defend itself cwl.

It's not a very good sketch, but I finally had the time to sit down and try something out for Yipup's redesign.
So what we see here is me tracing over Yipup's original image (simply because pose), and smoothing out its tail, keeping the curl but making it look less like a tipped tail, and a little more like a Yin symbol. The face is keeping the markings, with the black around the nose and the dots around the eyes, but the ears are getting a curve to them, as well as the cheeks. Yipup is losing his round fluff and going for a slightly sharper pointed look to give his head a more unique look. His legs are mostly the same, but I decided to thin his front legs just a little, and smooth them out as well, so not as much fluff.

I don't think it's much, and the tail still doesn't feel right, but I certainly like the new head shape.

While I'm here, I may as well throw my new design at you guys, too.

Kitsuhi, a ghost-ice type. Inspired by the Japanese demons, kitsune, but with ice instead of fire because nearly all fox pokemon are fire already, and the ice blue color makes it spookier anyway.
Kitsuhi a curious and inquisitive little pokemon who wander away from their dens far more often than their parents (or trainers) would like. They especially like poking around gravesites and digging up little treasures that may have been buried with the dead.
Kitsuhi evolves into Yokaitsune, also ghost-ice, who has a more mystical appearance, with 6 tails, 3 large horns, and big big shoulder fluff.

Inspired by Okami. It's 4am here, so I didn't really have the energy to clean it up, but here's a quick sketch of Yokaitsune. I might adjust the horns, though, since the nose one looks particularly silly, and the body looks very plain compared to the face.
Yokaitsune is not as elegant as its firey cousin, Ninetails. They're fierce and rough, and fight with each other frequently. They're very territorial, and flail their tails about to intimidate their opponents. Despite their aggression, they do enjoy harassing humans, bouncing around through the shadows and letting out eerie cries.

Last edited:
WIP
pokemon wip front.png

Foghost
The Fog Pokemon
Type: Normal

Ability: Fog Shroud (Sand Veil for fog) / Fog Roll (Sand Rush for fog) / Freezing Fog (If fog is active Refrigerate + Pokemon with Normal Typing become Ice Type)
(all of those remove the accuracy loss from fog)
Base Stats:
94 / 50 / 64 / 95 / 64 / 116
total 486
Height: 1.0 meters
Weight: 5.0 kg
Pokedex 1: For a long time it was thought to be a ghost type, however it was later found not to be, making its name now seem odd
Pokedex 2: On foggy days this Pokemon tricks and torments those who get lost in the fog. It is often blamed for disappearances.

Moveset:

lvl up:
1 Defog
1 Mist
1 Ice Beam
1 Weather Ball
1 Fog Roll(creates fog weather condition)
3 Taunt
6 Flash
7 Theif
10 Echoed Voice
13 Double Team
18 Reflect
18 Light Screen
21 Torment
23 SafeGuard
25 Razor Wind
29 Protect
33 Rest
37 Blizzard
45 Hyper Beam

TMs:
TM03 Psyshock
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 SafeGuard
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solar Beam
TM23 Smack Down
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Theif
TM47 Low Sweep
TM48 Round
TM53 Energy Ball
TM54 False Swipe
TM55 Scald
TM56 Fling
TH57 Charge Beam
TM58 Sky Drop
TM60 Quash
TM61 Will-O-Wisp
TM62 Acrobatics
TM63 Embargo
TM64 Explosion
TM66 Payback
TM67 Retaliate
TM68 Giga Impact
TM70 Flash
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM74 Gyro Ball
TM75 Swords Dance
TM77 Psych Up
TM79 Frost Breath
TM80 Rock Slide
TM82 Dragon Tail
TM83 Infestation
TM85 Dream Eater
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM94 Rock Smash
TM96 Nature Power
TM98 Power-Up Punch
TM100 Confide
HM01 Cut
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength
HM05 Waterfall

EGG:
Aqua Ring
Arura veil
Chip away
Counter
Focus energy
Giga drain
Ingrain
Leech seed
Reversal
Synthesis
Swallow
Stockpile
Spit up

So I was never great at art but I did this on a whim and I am curious what people think of it. I still have to do back sprites and maybe gender differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for an almost double post but here's another thingy I drew. It's supposed to be a fairy/grass psuedo-legendary
2017-01-16 19.49.32.png

Stage 1 - Mossprite
Incredibly rare due to poachers, It lives only within the deepest mountain forests. It's cold stare makes other pokemon uneasy, so it spends its time nurturing dying plants around it instead of trying to make friends.

Stage 2 - Lumossa
It decends from its nest in the forest during the spring to farmland, attracted by all the new life. It is usually peaceful and will motionlessly stare at the humans who work the land. Farmers with thick enough skin to stand it's unearthly gaze are blessed with incredibly abundant harvests. If it ever senses danger it vanishes into the forest immediately.

Stage 3 - Lichenuma
Because it will do anything to protect the forest, it made for an easy target for poachers, who would light forests ablaze to draw them out in search of its masks that supposedly can be ground up for use in a potion to grant eternal life. When threatened, it can command all manner of plant life to fight with it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Some sketches and concepts which I guess still need work.

Acheroth
Bug/Dark
Shield Dust/Intimidate/Compoundeyes
65/60/70/105/70/105
Ideas for an Acherontia-inspired line.

Porygon-S
Normal (/Steel?)
Trace/Download/Analytic (Filter?)
105/50/115/115/120/30
A very old concept for an alternate Porygon2 evolution. If Porygon-Z is an unauthorized glitchy patch this is meant as some sort of firewall/antivirus, hence the more defensively-oriented statistics (note that this concept dates back to before Eviolite's introduction).

Mega Granbull
Fairy/Dark
Strong Jaw
90/160/105/70/90/35
A Granbull turned from timid to vicious by Mega Evolution, hence the new Dark typing. Its heavy chest armour prevents it from standing upright.

Mega Delcatty
Normal/Fairy (?)
Fur Coat
70/85/85/85/85/90
An attempt to make poor Delcatty less useless; a housecat so pampered it now feels like a king. Its "mane" is meant to resemble a crown (including a gem/spot inspired by its original RSE sprites), and its tail a fleur-de-lis.

Idea is that it's an angry face that flies through the sky
- Wow, pterosaurs were weird. What species are those?
- Feels overall interesting, but right now I feel the evolved form resembles Masquerain way too much.
- Immature giggling at the base form basically having an angry face on its crotch.

Speaking of dinosaurs:

Electric-type; colour scheme: white belly, yellow body, yellow/brown spots. Not a fossil.
Not sure how I should handle this. It's a very old and unfocused concept, inspired design-wise by Pokémon such as Lapras and Meganium. Right now I'm justifying it as being inspired by the brontosaurus (which literally means "thunder lizard"), with possible relations to the giraffe (long neck and spots, plus I can see this as a peaceful, plain/savanna-dwelling animal which feeds on leaves). However I'm not sure on how to make the design not feel generic.

Last edited:
More stuff.

Grass/Dark
50/70/65/65/65/50 -> 65/110/85/95/85/75
Pickpocket/Alluring Scent*/Prankster
(*lowers all adjacent opponent's Evasion upon switching in)

A (rough sketch of a) revamp of my failed CAP16 submission, based on sundew and jesters. The tips of its tentacles are covered in sweet-smelling, sticky sap it uses to catch prey.

Psychic
50/40/40/70/70/60 -> 90/80/80/110/110/50
Own Tempo/Early Bird/Soundproof

An extremely old concept which I guess still needs work, obviously based on clocks. The second form constantly swings left and right, using its pendulum/arm/tongue to balance itself. I'm unsure if a second typing would be appreciated (possibly Steel, Ghost, or even Bug considering the base form), and overall the designs feel kind of basic.

Last edited:
Been awhile since my last post here (scrapped the last design for later in the future; and my tablet broke, so I'm forced to use a mouse) so I'm posting up one of my fakemon drafts for some critique.
Working on making 4 mons based around (obscure) Chinese mythical creatures, in particular the Si Xiong (4 fiends). I already completed one, so here's the first draft of the second one named Gulamb:

It's based off of Taotie, which is said to be a greedy lamb/gargoyle-like beast that has an insatiable appetite and usually consisted of only its head. So my concept focused on making it have its head be disembodied to give it a ghostly touch (all the nutrients it eats go to its head and barely anything goes to the body, so the body pretty much became malnourished and died, becoming a ghost that just trails along).

I'm trying to make it creepy (because it's also a UB), though I'm not sure how to go about designing/adding markings on its face to give it a more Chinese/Asian feel (and whether to give it a long or short tail). Any other suggestions on the design such as what could be fixed/added/removed would be appreciated.

EDIT: Finished up another of my Si Xiong mons: Xinian

Last edited:
Meet Bovep (bovine + sheep)

I can't draw so I made a pixel art. It's still pretty basic as far as pixel art goes (I could NOT get the legs to work, ugh...), but I guess the design is more clear than it would have been, had I drawn it by hand.

The story of Bovep all began when three friends asked a farmer if they were allowed to paint the fur of a sheep to make the sheep less dull. The farmer agreed that his sheep did look a bit dull, so he let the children paint one of his sheep. One kid came with the idea of painting black dots on the sheep to make it look like a cow. The farmer and the kids both found the end result very funny.

Over the years this happening became more and more popular with the kids, and eventually it became an annual tradition to paint sheep to make them look like cows. Curiously, the sheep starting behaving like actual cows. They're incredibly unaware creatures, so they thought that they were actual cows just because they lived in the same barn as the cows. The sheep didn't mind getting milked because of this. Sheep milk is a really valuable and expensive product for cooking, so most farmers bought themselves a sheep to make money. Eventually, Bovep became common pokemon throughout the region, and every year the kids were allowed to paint a new sheep in every farm.

Type: normal
Abilities: static/fur coat/unaware (HA)
stats: 90/55/80/85/85/55 total: 450

Level-up movepool
Move relearner only:
1. bleat (signature move. puts the opponent to sleep. 90% accuracy. 15 pp. ignores substitutes)

1. tackle
1. growl
1. yawn
7. thundershock
11. echoed voice
15. defense curl
19. uproar
23. milk drink
28. amnesia
32. discharge
36. heal bell
40. hyper voice
44. grassy field
48. rest
48. snore
52. block
56. perish song
60. boomburst
64. bleat (signature move. puts the opponent to sleep. 90% accuracy. 15 pp. ignores substitutes)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
fakemon__mega_froslass_by_seafoamislander-db3uvwr.png

Fake Mega Froslass.

Wanted Mega Froslass to have a fancier kimono than regular Froslass.
Originally tried to draw the Junihitoe kimono 十二單 (the fanciest kimono with 12 layers), but then got too lazy and only drew 3 layers.

I'm aware that the perspective is wrong. But I don't quite know how to fix it.

Regional variants.

76/38/53/57/67/34 -> 111/63/78/92/92/39
Water -> Water/Dragon
Poison Point / Storm Drain / Swift Swim

Based on the Glaucus atlanticus, this divergent (not to mention badly sketched) Gastrodon subspecies spends most of its life at high sea, rarely approaching land; thus, it has lost most of its affinity with the Ground type. Its developed fins allow for comfortable floating and faster swimming.

Last edited:

Okay so this is my water starter fakemon. Its name is sluggle and its based on the blue sea dragon (a type of "winged" sea slug). I'm finished with the art unless you wanna suggest shading changes (which looking back at it now theres probably a few changes i could make). That said any design critique is much appreciate for the next time around. Thank you c:

Last edited by a moderator:

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus

Early route 3-stage Bird Pokemon, this one is based on the Quetzal.
I haven't decided on the names just yet.

-------

STAGE 1

Chlorophyll & Leaf Guard | Natural Cure
40 / 65 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 55 [BST: 250]

Evolves at level 15.
STAGE 2

55 / 85 / 50 / 40 / 50 / 75 [BST: 355]

Evolves at level 30.
STAGE 3

80 / 115 / 70 / 50 / 70 / 100 [BST: 485]
Hey, I just wanna critique a bit. The middle and final evo has a bad case of the It-Just-Gets-Bigger Syndrome. Rather, the middle evo just gets longer tailfeathers and added comb and already gets called a final evo-- even their sizes are relatively similar. Perhaps put some more features like an additional color, flower/vine elements, etc. to make them distinct, otherwise just remove the middle evo and just make it a 2-stage evo line instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)