Europa Universalis III

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
So, after my miserable failure to get any interest on IRC, thought I'd make a thread for the GREATEST GAME EVER.

If you've never heard of it, EU3 (and its four awesome expansions) is everything the Medieval 2 / Empire Total War campaigns should have been - challenging, complex and realistic. Oh, and multiplayer campaigns.

Active forum and wiki, too.

So, has anyone played this epic game?

(Anyone wants a link to the latest version, PM me.)

I usually play with the whole world mod, because I hate permanent terra incognita, and it gives the natives a sliiiiiightly better chance (and I like to play as them sometimes). It also adds some fun scenarios like uniting India or Japan.

The games I've had the most fun with were uniting Japan and uniting Italy with a random Italian minor (Austria and Castille have designs on owning Italian territory, and the Northern territories are part of the empire. But the reward is so worth it)

Expansions up to HTTT are almost necessary, the game is entirely different without the causus belli system overhaul. I haven't played with Divine Wind yet. I heard that almost all of the changes are welcome, except the Japanese and Chinese specific content.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Divine Wind is really pretty good, a lot of the stuff they added is fantastic and the new 5.2 beta is well on the way towards fixing a lot of the problems with it (especially Japan, which now works fine). I think, if I ever went back to HttT, there would be dozens of little tweaks that I'd really miss. The new map is uber sexy as well.

Favourite mods are MEIOU and Death & Taxes (of which I was co-creator). Excited for Magna Mundi the Game, should be suitably epic.

I actually play it, and Hearts of Iron too. I like Paradox games even though I feel like a History major nerd when I play them.

HoI is so much nerdier.
Haha aint that the truth!

But I get some nice satisfaction by having the HMS Royal Oak survive the entire war while sinking the most enemy ships. Feels nice not making the same dumb mistakes that actually happened. ^_^

I'm gonna take the completely obvious guess and say England. And if that's true...shame on you. England is so easy to play as. Real men play as a native american nation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)