Escape Button

Hi. I just had this idea.
If it works, you get to pseudo use 3 supportive moves in 2 turns.

Azel @ Escape Button
Ability: Levitate
Nature depends on what you want to do with the remaining slots.
EVs also depend, but I'd go for 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def

Moves:
Trick
U-Turn
-
- (Azelf has a giant supportive movepool, choose what fits better for your team).

This works as a phaze + scout + knock off at the same time.
You switch when you know the opponent is going to set up but isn't able to OHKO Azelf in the next hit.
Then, you trick the Escape Button while taking the hit.
Next turn, you use U-Turn. Escape Button will activate (Knock-Off), opponent is forced to switch, losing it's boost (Phase) at the same time, you can switch to a counter to score a free set-up or a kill (Scout). It's a high-risk strategy, but if it works, it's welll worth it. It also works somewhat as a revenge "killer".
Explosion is a nice filler for the remaining moveslots, since this is a one-time-use strategy (and if you trick agains a opponent that is setting up, there's a high chance you'll get life orb). Other options are Stealth Rock, Screens, Thunder Wave, Toxic. If it activates with Fling, Fling + Recycle would be nice options.

Oh..I thought of a gimmicky idea I think.

In a situation that you have no surefire way to stop an "Outrager" can you do something like this?

Your next poke comes out and does it's U-Turn/Elec-Turn thingy, switch to a wall that takes the Outrage and has Escape button, then switch off to either your U-turner again (incase you don't want to reveal any more Pokes to your opponent)...or switch to a more reliable sweeper at that time?

Hell, the 'Escape-Button' poke could be Nutty Buddy (the Grass/Steel dude) so it gets in a bit of damage during this crazy process xD

Can Escape Button work like that?

This works as a phaze + scout + knock off at the same time.
You switch when you know the opponent is going to set up but isn't able to OHKO Azelf in the next hit.
Then, you trick the Escape Button while taking the hit.
Next turn, you use U-Turn. Escape Button will activate (Knock-Off), opponent is forced to switch, losing it's boost (Phase) at the same time, you can switch to a counter to score a free set-up or a kill (Scout). It's a high-risk strategy, but if it works, it's well worth it. It also works somewhat as a revenge "killer".
In my mind, it works like a U-turn counter, you would U-turn out, go to a pokemon, then they switch out giving the person with the escape button the upper hand. Maybe your right. This item needs testing so we can figure out how to use it proper.

I want to see a skill linked cloyster rip though 5 pokemon all holding escape button. No competitive value, it would just be hilarious.

Does the Escape Button activate if you switch into an attack? Like, switch out, Escape Button holder comes in, gets hit, Escape Button goes off, choose a new guy?

If it can, I can see using this with Deathkan. Switch Deathkan, who is holding an escape button, in on a contact move (as the opponent would avoid using contact moves when seeing Deathkan), the opponent hits him, gets Mummy, Deathkan Escapes, send in Pursuit Slaking.

Alternatively, Use it to bring in Scarf Ditto without needing it to be a Revenge Kill.

I just found another use.

Tailwind. Since most people hate how short Tailwind is (although it did get extended by a turn), this gives a team a viable way to get three turns of Tailwind sweeping without sacrificing the user on the same turn it's used.

In fact, since a lot of Mischievous Heart mons get Tailwind, it's almost it's own standalone combo - and moreso, a great way to take out Dory and other weather speeders.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Does anyone know what order the switching occurs when something uses U-Turn on something holding Escape Button? Who switches first? Because it could work as a great way to 'counter' U-Turn's way of ensuring you end up countering your opponent if you then get the chance to switch afterwards. It would work well on things like leads if U-Turning leads become popular.

I just tested u-turn on a pokemon holding escape button and the pokemon holding the escape button switches before the u-turn pokemon. Also one big thing that happens is the poke who used u-turn on the poke with escape button doesn't switch out so the u turn was a waste and the poke with escape button brings in a check/counter/trapper.

Hi, I'm new here but I have a combo that make good use of this item. (Skimmed through the thread and I haven't seen it posted).

Anyway :

Aianto @ Escape Button
Ability : Truant
Nature : Jolly
EVs : 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4hp (Only speed matters really)

Befriend
Filler
Filler
Filler

Okay, the goal is to give truant to a Pokémon the you know will attack you, you HAVE to be faster but with a +Spe nature and 252 EV it's not uncommon to outspeed the competition. So, give Truant with befriend, get hit and switch to... :

Shanderaa @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Ability : Shadow Tag
Nature : Modest
EV : 252 Hp, 252 Sp.Atk, 4 Def

Flamethrower
Calm Mind
Nitro Charge / Acid Armor
Protect.

Then it becomes easy, protect when they're on their action turn and boost when they slack off. If you got the Acid Armor route a Timid nature with EVs in Speed should work better than a bulky spread.

Bulky Shanderaa is not OHKOd by any priority (Except maybe stabbed Sucker Punch) with the bulky spread, I actually survied an Aqua Jet in the Rain from a Kabutops once, with +0 def boost.

Also this set can't be countered efficiently by Ditto (unless it gets lucky crit), Shanderaa easily resist 2 flamethrowers and since you protect against the 3 others it is easy to PP stall, even easier with leftovers.

This item is so great. Very hard to use effectively, however. I like using it on a bulky lead Darkrai. If they have Lum, they hit me, switching me out. If they stat up, I DV again. If they're asleep, I NP up and hope for a limited sweep with Dark Pulse and HP Fighting. Admittedly, annoying when I get nailed with priority during my sweep, but escaping Lum leads and faster leads in general is nice.

This item is very overwhelming. I'm astounding at how gamechanging this single item is. I've been using it on PO with a Deoxys-D set utilizing Recycle, and I am most impressed. Anytime I'm in a situation where my current stand-in is threatened, or if I feel there is a chance to sweep, I swap out for Deoxys-D. If the opponent doesn't attack, I set up Spikes and get to switch to either Scarf Shandera, which proceeds to kill them for free, or to my sweeper. If they do attack, I still get my desired Pokemon in safely.

I expect this item to catch on in use.

MH + Setup + Escape button. I mostly use it in order to get all the turns out of Tailwind, but you could also use it with SingleScreen to switch immediately to set up, or with SR leads to switch immediately to a sweeper. Retains momentum quite well.

It's real niche is on Cofking, that's it.

Basically you send in Cofagrigus, it gets hit, gives the opponent Mummy, you switch out to Slaking, Pursuit, ad now instead of Truant you have Mummy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)