Equestrianism, aka horse riding!

I can't believe I can't find already a post about horse riding. A sport I always loved since I was a little child and the best sport I've ever practiced in my whole life. I'm curious to know your experiences with horses and expecially your pics!

for about 4 or 5 summers from adolescents into my teens i spent at what was simply called "horse camp". some of my best memories are from that time. we would go on trail rides in the mountains of Va, multi-day pack trips in the George Washington National Forest, and one summer i rode across 4 states helping map out routes on the American Discovery Trail that had horse support. there's nothing quite like jumping a horse (or mule, one of my favorite mounts was a mule named Rachel).

i was in a car accident when i was 17, and have brain damage from that, and the brain doctor gave me a list of activities i could never safely do again, and of course horseback riding was on it.

i miss it. a lot.

for about 4 or 5 summers from adolescents into my teens i spent at what was simply called "horse camp". some of my best memories are from that time. we would go on trail rides in the mountains of Va, multi-day pack trips in the George Washington National Forest, and one summer i rode across 4 states helping map out routes on the American Discovery Trail that had horse support. there's nothing quite like jumping a horse (or mule, one of my favorite mounts was a mule named Rachel).

i was in a car accident when i was 17, and have brain damage from that, and the brain doctor gave me a list of activities i could never safely do again, and of course horseback riding was on it.

i miss it. a lot.
Holy shit, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you will always find comfort in the memories of those happy times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)