Votes: 2 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • maybe t-tar just looks like a blue Brendon Urie

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I love Helena

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Mace here again with a new team I made with one of the more cooler megas to be released lately. I really wanted to make a mega T-tar when I saw that it lived an earthquake from a lando-t. But nevertheless lets get on with it.

Brendon Urie (Tyranitar-Mega) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Mega Tar is great in the meta right now. Most of the other mega pokemon that either outshined it or countered it last gen are either banned unreleased or deemed nonviable in the current meta. Like I said before this mon is incredibly bulky, being able to take a super effective eq from a max attack lando and allowing it to dd on it and attempt to sweep. And once you get +2 the game is most likely over unless your opponent has ash greninja. As for the rest of his moves, stone edge is strong rock stab, ice punch is for either zygarde or lando and eq is just a strong attack for it to spam.

Finders Keepers (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Trick

Latios has a pretty standard set but I'll quickly run over it. Defog is for hazard control so my volcarona can put in some work and for webs in case they get 2 dangerous. Psychic and draco are spammable stab and trick is to give my scarf to more bulkier mons that like to recover stall or set up rocks.

Losers Weepers (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Usually I would run lando-t as my rocker but this time I decided to change it up. I remembered seeing clef in both Bengay's team and his opponent's team in wcop and decided to test it out. I originally had sp def Clef but after being ohko'd by a bisharp I realized that phy def was more viable in this meta. For the other moves, its kinda self explanatory. Knock off is to remove lefties or other annoying items off mons, moonblast is standard stab and soft boiled is for recovery.

Legends never die (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
I haven't used ash-gren a lot this gen or really at all. So I decided to just slam the mon on the team and give it an actual try now that I have a better understanding of the meta. The set itself is pretty standard besides ice beam over u-turn, which still isn't revolutionary. The only reason I run ice beam is for zygarde so I don't have to rely on a hydro pump hitting twice in a row or dark pulse flinching.

Death of a Bach (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Glare
I think I'm in love with zygarde. Whenever I have a problem teambuilding, this is my go to mon this gen. I run 104 speed to outspeed Shift Gear Magearna before the speed boost and glare to slow down threats that can be a
nuisance to the team.

Mace your eyes (Volcarona) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Giga Drain/Roost/hp ground

Volcarona is another mon I just put on the team because I didn't really use it. And boy does it do work. Psychium Z gives Volc a move that lets it ohko all of it's checks without running another coverage move. I usually run giga drain for greninja or hp ground for heatran but I have considered running roost just because psychic and fire hit basically everything else.

Medicham ohkos mega ttar and while clefable is max def+/hp, zen headbutt can flinch make it an unreliable check.

Scarf nihelgo is more of an annoyance than a threat. But a well played nihelgo can be dangerous to this team. It prevents volc from setting up since it outspeeds and can come in and ohko it. Not only that but it's poison stab hits most of my team hard and since most of them run hp ice coverage, zygarde isn't safe either.

Low kick, ice beam, gunk and hydro protean gren basically 6-0s this team. If it wins the speed tie on my gren being turning into ash I'm in a bad position. Invested gunk shot can ohko volc, 2hko clef. Low kick kills gren and ttar and ice beam kills zygarde and lati.

Once mag sets up a shift gear and gotten atleast once boost it can be very hard to recover. Boltbeam+ fighting z can hurt this team bad and flash cannon is no joke. Usually you have to play around and make sure it doesn't set up unless its low enough where gren can kill with water shuriken or lati with psychic.​

Brendon Urie (Tyranitar-Mega) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Finders Keepers (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Trick

Losers Weepers (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Legends never die (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Death of a Bach (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Glare

Mace your eyes (Volcarona) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Edit: Added a replay

Last edited:
Awesome team you got there, I've saw it once or twice on the ladder and OU Chat Room tourneys and been wondering who made it.

One minor change I would make is swapping Knock Off for T-Wave on Clefable. This allows you to deal with annoying mons that can treat Clefable like Set-up fodder like SG Mag, which would be a problem if rocks are up. It can also help you play around Scarf Lele, whose only check is a 4x Rock weak mon, and whose hazard control dies to Lele and can't touch it whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)