VGC Electivire team

Hey everyone! So i made this team to be based around and support one of my all time favorite pokemons, electivire! I'm attempting to go to regionals now on Oct 7 and compete so trying to get my team as ready as i can. Been playing around on battle spot to around 1350-1400 rating around so far but would to improve the team if possible please :D

Electivire @ Groundium Z
Ability: Motor Drive
Level: 50
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 124 Def / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
- Ice Punch
- Protect
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Here it is electivire Ev's are to give him some bulk while still allowing him to ohko chomps with ice punch and golducks with wild charge. Groundium Z, while not as powerful as chomps will still get the job done on arcanines/koko's. With it's current speed evs, when at +1 speed i=will allow it to outspeed neutral natured phero and max speed koko's, when at +3 in tailwind, can outspeed max speed scarf chomp. Protect, standard of course.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Electivire's partner in crime! Near max speed timid koko, done so intentionally so that it won't outspeed my aerodactyl when it goes for a sky drop. Discharge will hit everything for good dmg with life orb and at the same time boosting electivires speed. Thunderbolt for when discharge isn't viable and dazzling gleam of course.

Gyarados @ Waterium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Atk / 164 Def / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
- Ice fang/taunt
Enough attack damage to still ohko arcanines with Z move even at -1. Current speed ev's allow it to outspeed almost everything after a dragon dance. Good partner for electivire switch-ins as well. Have ice fang atm, just to have another option for chomps and the like, but i might swap it for taunt should persian see to the door. It's defense ev's let it live a -1 arcanine wild charge and a 28 sp attk porgon2 thunderbolt.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wide Guard
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Sky Drop

As im sure you've noticed, most of my team is around middling speed, or some decently fast, so i have aerodactyl as my tailwind user, especially with unnerve, can counter those snorlaxs well so they can't eat their berries and ko them fast before they become a problem. I have like 2-3 rock/ground weaknesses so wide gaurd seemed like a decent option so counter rock slide/eq spam. And sky drop to help take someone out while my partner kos the other, speed evs allow it to be just faster than my koko so it'll always mvoe first than it. Max attack ev's of course and rock slide for good STAB spam.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk /4 def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Feint

I honestly love scizor, it's one of my favorite mon's out there, so i've tried to fit him in somehow xD I know it's not as great due to it mainly countering like lele and its terrain blocking bullet punches, which is why i tried to work around it but using persians parting shot and such, it's worked out alright but obviously im sure it's not optimal. With CB it hit's hella hard, ohko lele's and mimikyus and hitting everything else decently hard. U-turn for when it's not optimal for him to be out there, X-scissor for a strong stab, and feint so that it can help my partners get a hard Z move or such through.

Persian-Alola @ Mago Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP / 68 Def / 4 SpA / 204 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Really wasn't sure who to use for my 6th member, so i just threw persian in here so i wouldnt take another rock/ground weakness and have some fake out support and some way to work around electivire/koko discharge spam and scizors terrain problem. Defensive Evs let it live a plethora of attacks and survive for a while. Have taunt here, but if persian leaves then taunt will go on either aerodactyl or gyarados.

So that's the team guys, please let me know however it can be improved :D I'm open to replacing scizor even though it would pain me lol, maybe AV scizor can work? Or if not then swap it for metagross maybe. Let me know what you guys think about persian, it's hoenstly just there until i can find something better. Thank you if you've read until now!

Last edited:
Ok, the Tapu Koko + Electivire thing looks nice, however... Sky Drop Aerodactyle seems Iffy, I prefer Fly. Also, on Electivire, It's Adamant nature, not Adement

Ok, the Tapu Koko + Electivire thing looks nice, however... Sky Drop Aerodactyle seems Iffy, I prefer Fly. Also, on Electivire, It's Adamant nature, not Adement
it doesn't say "Adement" anywhere, if you look closely, it says ADAment, also fly doesn't generally work as its usually fairly obvious which target's gonna get hit, sky drop helps eliminate any slower threat..for a turn at least

Last edited:
You may want to use Thunder on Tapu Koko since it will always hit targets when they're under Sky Drop while doing ridiculous damage, which is pretty convenient since you're already EVing your koko to slightly underspeed Aerodactyl. You're also better off doing so using a modest nature rather than 228 speed timid since you get extra damage in doing so. Unless 28 HP saves you from some ohkos that I'm not aware of, of course.

You may want to use Thunder on Tapu Koko since it will always hit targets when they're under Sky Drop while doing ridiculous damage, which is pretty convenient since you're already EVing your koko to slightly underspeed Aerodactyl. You're also better off doing so using a modest nature rather than 228 speed timid since you get extra damage in doing so. Unless 28 HP saves you from some ohkos that I'm not aware of, of course.
i actually just finished swapping my timid for a modest lol, great minds think alike i guess xD Thunder on sky drop targets is 100% :O didn't know that! Wow, that's awesome! Def gonna do that, thanks man

Maybe change Scizor for Kartana, with the amount of Lele running around Scizor is restricted to using Feint and Bullet Punch especially on banded set and without the presence of Tapu Fini or Tapu Bulu to replace Lele's terrain. Kartana provides that offensive Steel-type presence that can better threaten not only Tapu Lele but Tapu Fini too. If Lele has terrain active and off chance it has HP Fire Scizor is screwed

It's not ADAMENT, it's ADAMANT. :/
lmfao my bad dude xD did't realize my mistake.

Maybe change Scizor for Kartana, with the amount of Lele running around Scizor is restricted to using Feint and Bullet Punch especially on banded set and without the presence of Tapu Fini or Tapu Bulu to replace Lele's terrain. Kartana provides that offensive Steel-type presence that can better threaten not only Tapu Lele but Tapu Fini too. If Lele has terrain active and off chance it has HP Fire Scizor is screwed
i've actually been playing around with some other options, for example one being AV metagross to replace scizor, does a pretty good job of taking lele out and can tank a lot of hits! Also, swapping out persian for scarf jolly chomp, synergizes well with discharge koko, as well as aerodactyl and gyarados, it takes care of a bulu problem i had, and can KO kartana's and dent celesteelas a bit (althought not as much)

What do you think?

lmfao my bad dude xD did't realize my mistake.

i've actually been playing around with some other options, for example one being AV metagross to replace scizor, does a pretty good job of taking lele out and can tank a lot of hits! Also, swapping out persian for scarf jolly chomp, synergizes well with discharge koko, as well as aerodactyl and gyarados, it takes care of a bulu problem i had, and can KO kartana's and dent celesteelas a bit (althought not as much)

What do you think?

I considered suggesting Metagross since it's the second best physical attacking Steel type in the meta at the moment but you already have Electivire and Koko so that would make you dangerously weak to Ground, Celesteela provides the same issue since that makes you weak to Electric for half your team. Kartana may be your best bet but Metagross is an option if you can play around the ground weakness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)