SM RU Electivire Balance

Electivire Balance

RU RMT

Introduction
Hello and welcome to my first RMT and my first post in this forum overall. I am Calvius, and I hope this team tickles your fancy.

I wanted to build a team around Z-Electric Terrain Electivire. Its role is to be a late-game sweeper, when all the checks and counters to it are gone or weakened enough. To get him to sweep, I decided to go with a balanced-styled team with 3 offensive Mons and 3 defensive ones.

So without further ado, let's get right in the analysis:

In-Depth Analysis

Late-game Sweeper
Electivire @ Electrium Z
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Electric Terrain
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Ice Punch

This is the star of the show. Its role is to find an opportunity to set up a Z-Electric Terrain, which boost its speed by 1 and powers up the STAB. I decided to go with the special variant and Thunderbolt, since I didn't want the recoil from Wild Charge. Thunderbolt hits extremely hard, comparable with Tapu Koko. Flamethrower is a nice coverage option for grass types such as Chesnaught or Shaymin. Ice Punch is able to hit ground types, e.g. Flygon and hits Assault Vest Dhelmise.
And if I need to do heavy damage to something or I don't need the speed boost for sweeping, I can also fire off a strong Gigavolt Havoc.

Hazard-Control
Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Mantine is one of the most reliable Defoggers in RU. It has a good typing and great bulk, furthermore it has reliable recovery now. Scald is a great STAB and can cripple the opponent with an eventual burn. Toxic is to wiggle down opposing walls, Defog of course for Hazard-Control and Roost for longevity. I maxed out its physical bulk, because the Special Defense already is good enough, which makes Mantine a pretty nice tank on both sides.
It gets a nice support by Electivire's ability, which hinders the opponent from freely clicking Electric attacks.

Hazard-Setter
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Bronzong is my Rock-setter of choice. It has great bulk and a nice ability in Levitate, which supports the ground weakness Electivire has. Gyro Ball is a nice STAB, which can deal good damage to fast opponents. Earthquake is used to no be completely walled by Steel types, and Toxic once again is to wear down the opponent.
The EV-Spread is custom to give Bronzong a nice overall bulk. The spread for example assures I live 2 Knock-Offs from Scarf Heracross or a Life Orb Fire Blast from Salazzle 75% of the time.

Revenge-Killer
Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Hitmonlee is a really nice revenge killer. It hits extremely hard with the Reckless-boosted HJK. It outspeeds things as Scarf Heracross and can pick it up when weakened, as it does 2HKO Heracross. Knock Off is for the Ghosts that might wanna switch in on a HJK and Poison Jab is for Fairies.
Mach Punch is for picking up strong priority-users such as Quick Attack Dodrio or Ice Shard Mega Glalie.
EV-Spread for max speed and max attack of course.

Early-/Mid-game Sweeper
Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This thing I use to put huge dents in the opposing team. Besides Diancie, there is no relevant mon in the RU-Tier that resists the STAB-combination, and with a Life Orb, the damage output is great. HP Grass so I can hit Diancie, although it doesn't do much, so I most likely will switch out there.
Sucker Punch is also great as it can pick up many threats that don't expect it from the special set.
Flash Fire also works great with Bronzong, as it can negate possible fire attacks aimed at the bell.

Cleric

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

The last team member really holds the crew together. It does a great job in supporting the team with Wish and Aromatherapy, can wall or check many threats such as Heracross, Goodra or Flygon. Moonblast although uninvested, also does good chunks of damage.
The EV-Spread, similar to Mantine, aims at maxing out the physical Defense, as the Special Defense already is great.

Threats and Problems

Cresselia

Probably the biggest threat to my team. The Sub-Calm Mind Set is something I really need to play around carefully.

Diancie
When Bronzong is gone or weakened, especially the offensive Sets are really dangerous, as it has few switch-ins and good resistances to my team.

Substitutes
My three walls, especially Mantine, are vulnerable to be set up on behind a Substitute. I don't have Roar, Whirlwind or Taunt on my team, so that can be an issue.

Of course there is a lot more, and each game I learn something new that I need to be aware of. But these are the biggest issues that I noticed so far.

Conclusion

I really like the team so far. I had good success and a lot of fun.
But I'm far from a perfect team builder. So I would like you to give me some ideas and tips to further improve the team!

Here is the Importable if you want to test the team yourself:
Electivire @ Electrium Z
Ability: Motor Drive
Mild Nature
- Electric Terrain
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Ice Punch

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)