SM OU E Seed Hawlucha Hyper Offense (1500+)

Hi guys, i recently built my first hyper offense team, and quickly fell down the ladder to a low of 1200, i decided to trash that team and start a new one, i did keep several pokemon from the other team, but we will get to that later, to start we need the obligatory suicide lead of any HO team.

I use Skarmory as my lead in 100% of my games so far, its one and only job is to get up my hazards, with sturdy it is a guaranteed stealth rock into any team, after i get my rocks up i get as many spikes up as possible before i die. Taunt is to prevent slower hazard setters from getting their hazards up, whirlwind sweeps out magic bounce users and allow me to get my stealth rocks up afterwards, also lets me whirlwind out anybody that tries to set up, and lastly if i somehow get all 3 layers of spikes up, i can just spam the whirlwind to get chip damage.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Whirlwind

Once i get my hazards up, i want to keep them there, Bisharp does a great job of checking basically any defogger in the tier, especially scarfed defoggers, such as Lati and Kartana, Pursuit allows me to secure the kill on mons forced to switch out after being locked into defog, lots of people expect the swords dance, so i've gotten many surprise kills with the pursuit, sucker punch is the only priority on the team, and, in tandem with the pursuit, allows me to mind game opponents, and kill faster defoggers such as Zapdos. Knock off allows it to check chansey by knocking off its eviolite, iron head is secondary stab to hit fairies and other rock types like T-Tar. This is the one of the pokemon i kept from the first one, it has gotten several sweeps after one defog boost, and often even scares opponents from using their defog at all

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Scarfed Heatran is the revenge killer that nobody expects, beating all 4 tapus with its coverage, hitting defensive steel type pokemon such as Celesteela, opposing Skarms, ferrothorn, both sets of magearna, and grass types such as amoonguss and AV tangrowth for ~70%, stone edge catches charizard on the switch and revenge kills Zard Y. The real value of the scarfed Heatran is its ability to beat almost all priority users in the meta game, with the exception of Ash-Greninja and Azumarill. Having Alakazam and Hawlucha, 2 of the fastest mons in the game makes me week to priority, but Heatran beats mimikyu, mega mawile, mamoswine, weavile, mega pinsir and scizor, and bisharp

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

The mega of the team is Alakazam, being the fastest nonboosted pokemon in the tier, with massive special attack, it goes great on any hyper offense team. Magic Guard prevents damage from hazards on its first entrance, trace can get some great abilities, ive gotten protean and insta sweep after revenge killing some forms of greninja, or multiscale from a dragonite, psychic is main stab hitting fighting types or poisons, preventing toxapex and mega venu from walling the team, focus blast hits dark and steel type, and shadow ball hitting psychic types, these 3 moves provide almost perfect neutral coverage allowing mega alakazam to often sweep after getting chip damge, hidden power ice OHKO almost any ground type in the tier, garchomp, lando-t, zygarde, all of which caused issues for the team

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Water types were a good check to the team so far, tapu koko acts as a wall breaker, and offensive pivot. Electrium Z wild charge ohkos heatran and magearna, which opponents often think are checks, does a large amount to chansey, allowing a wild charge to kill after, u-turn allows me to maintain momentum and takes advantage of the physical set to hit pretty hard, hidden power ice allows it to predict ground type switch ins for 2HKO, and taunt helps with stall, this is the second mon i kept form my first HO team and it earned its spot on both teams

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Hawlucha is a great late game sweeper that takes advantage of the electric terrain that Koko sets up, electric seed gives Hawlucha a boost to defense, which coupled with his 104 HP EVs allow it to set up on many physical mons. Already being the fastest pokemon in the tier after an unburden boost, adamant max attack allows it to hit as hard as possible, and takes max advantage of the swords dance boost, acrobatics becomes 110 base power flying move, providing great coverage hitting everything but rock steel and electric, 2 of which are covered by its fighting stab, high jump kick is incredible base power, while drain punch allows it to heal up on pokemon

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick

Threats:
The 3 biggest threats i have noticed so far,

1. Ash-Greninja, which after the transform, can revenge kill almost anything on the team, Alakazam and Hawlucha are both faster and can kill with their fighting moves, but water shuriken does 75% + to both and will kill with any chip damage, heatran is faster but dies without chip damage to water shuriken, bisharp and tapu koko are both slower and get ohkoed by hydro pump, skarmory is usually dead by this point but also dies to hydro pump

2. Rain teams
Mega swampert can outspeed and OHKO anything on my team in the rain, my only response is sucker punch with bisharp, and then steal swift swim with trace on mega alakazam.

3. Scarfed Excadrill/Lando/Chomp
I need to save skarm in scenarios where the opponent have a scarfed earthquaker, almost all of these can sweep. If skarm dies at the start, the only thing that doesnt die to scarfed eq is hawlucha

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-660464842
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-660484752
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-660487625
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-660492956
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-660496202
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-660505477
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-660523475

This is my second RMT and i appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks in advance

Last edited:
bump, just hit 1750 and am hoping for some suggestions on the team, this is the highest i've ever been and i want to see what i can peak at, i'm sure a couple suggestions on the team would help

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey, well done for progressing :)
A few things I would change. First off, I'd change the Hawlucha set to this:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab
- High Jump Kick
I took some EVs out of speed because Hawlucha becomes the fastest thing in the tier at 303 times 2=606 speed (Excadrill in sand is 302 times 2=604). If you want to outspeed other Hawlucha, however, then it really depends on the opposing Hawlucha spread. You may want to speed creep for that, but then there is no real answer for the speed stat. I put Poison Jab or Stone Edge on because it gets stopped in its tracks by Koko and Zapdos respectively.

Secondly, I'd change it from lead Skarm to lead Drill.
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
This is because you get up hazards against Mega Sableye, and you can toxic lead Landorus.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to make any more changes, but I'll get back to you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)