Gen 7 Dual screen hyper offense

Please anyone rate my gen 7 ou team and suggest some changes to improve my team. Also anyother usage tips will also be appreciated. Peaked - 1300

Espeon (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

It's the setter of the dual screen with hp and speed investment to outspeed some leads and take some hits. Magic Bounce keeps my team free from early hazards . Psychic and Dazzling Gleam can do a fair amount of damage.

Minior-Indigo @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

It's my setup sweeper I use it after dual screens. It swipes a good no. Of pokemon. Stone Edge is for flying type. Acrobatics does a great deal of damage on bulky pokes like clefable whereas Earthquake can counter pokemon like excadrill or electric type pokemon.

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Close Combat

It's my physical attacker it is fast and can damage threats like landorus and other pokemon effectively. Close Combat helps deal with stallers like blissey or chansey. Double Edge and brave bird are STAB + they have Reckless Ability Boost. U turn helps in switching.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

It's my teams special attacker. It helps counter Dragon and ghost types too. Voltswitch can be used for pivoting. Thunderbolt and voltswitch are STAB moves to counter flying and water types. Assault Vest to provide it a good special defense.

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

This bulky scizor helps in clearing hazards. Can also damage fairy types and has Roost to heal up. The ev spread provides a good bulk so that it can take hits. Scizorite is for Idk just putted that on it for fun.

Druddigon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Glare

It is a very slow but bulky pokemon and can take atleast 2-3 suppereffective hits and is good for Stealth Rock setting and paralyzing the foe. Dragon Tail is used for continues damage to the foes pokemon and forced switching and Earthquake can deal with pokemon like excadrill.

Last edited:

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
This isn't the right place for gen 7 teams, as they should be uploaded on the Past Gen Teams sub, but anyways:

The team has some structural flaws that clash with the HO strategy you're trying to pursue, so in order to save it we're gonna have to change some mons. Despite this, the backbone of the team is still solid enough, so we'll work around that.
Before starting I wanna address the fact that Espeon, despite having a niche as a Dual Screener, gets completely outclassed by Koko in this role. Tapu Koko has a much better Base Speed, allowing it to more reliably set up Screens for your team, while also having access to U-turn as a pivoting move to get your mons on the field. Considering this premise, these are my changes:

Big changes

:espeon: ---> :tapu-koko:

As I said before, Koko is simply a much better pick for you. Not only is it faster than Espeon and can pivot around with Volt Switch/U-turn, but it can also set up Electric Terrain to further enhance Raikou's power. Magic Bounce is a good ability to prevent Hazards from getting on your side of the field, but with this strategy Hazards will be the last of your problems, so it is worth the trade.

:sv/tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

This set is pretty standard as a Dual Screener, and it functions in almost the same way as Espeon did on your original team. Light Clay will increase the turns your Screens stay up, while max HP EVs will improve a bit the durability of Koko during the game. U-turn will be your main move to pivot into your offensive threat/setup sweeper of choice, and it's preferred over Volt Switch because it doesn't get blocked by Ground-types.

---
:minior: ---> :hawlucha:

Since you now can set Electric Terrain up, Hawlucha becomes naturally the best choice as a setup sweeper for your HO team. Minior, despite having the potential to sweep, is simply too inconsistent to get a spot here. Hawlucha has a much stronger STAB, better moves in Brave Bird/Acro and HJK, a higher natural Speed and it can also still be threatening as a Revenge-Killer due to Unburden's immediate boost compared to Minior having to use Shell Smash.

:sv/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

This is the standard Hawlucha set for Electric Terrain, with Electric Seed to trigger Unburden and get a very much appreciated Defense boost which will increase its bulk even further on top of the Screens (or regardless of them, potentially). SD + its STABs are more than enough to threaten most mons, with Stone Edge being the perfect coverage to hit Flying-types. The Adamant nature is also preferred to Jolly, since after the Unburden boost you end up outspeeding everything anyways.

---
:druddigon: ---> :landorus-therian:

Unfortunately Druddigon isn't very good in the OU meta, and while it can put some work from time to time it's better to just replace it with a much more consistent mon that can cover its role more efficiently, that being Lando-T. Lando has access to Intimidate, one of the best abilities in the game, and it can once again pivot into your other mons with U-turn, which is a key factor in Hyper Offense.

:sv/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-turn

I opted for a Defensive set for Lando-T, to give your team a Physically Bulky answer you can rely on if you need to check something. With Stealth Rock and Toxic it can provide very good utility, while still having a solid offensive option in Earthquake. Rocky Helmet can mimic Druddigon's Rough Skin, to punish your opponent's pivots and other contact moves. Notice how I didn't make it run Defog, since it would actually be detrimental to your overall strategy if you got rid of your own Screens. Since this is an HO team, you must commit and try to sweep before your opponent has the chance to chip all of your mons in the first place, so keep this in mind while playing.

---
:staraptor: ---> :manaphy:
As I've said at the start of the post, Staraptor clashes with your team's strategy, despite not being a bad mon. In particular, there's no need for a Scarf when you already have considerably fast mons at your disposal, so instead of running yet another Physical mon I decided to bring in a Special Setup Sweeper to abuse Screens. With Tail Glow, Manaphy becomes very threatening very quickly, and it also has enough natural bulk to take several hits behind the Screens without worrying too much. As a pure Water-type, Manaphy also provides a valuable resistance to Ice, which your team lacked outside of Scizor.

:sv/manaphy:
Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic

Substitute gives you the chance to avoid potential status moves coming from bulky walls, allowing you to setup reliably with Tail Glow. Waterium-Z will provide you with that one-time nuke that might be essential to break through the likes of Blissey and other Stall mons, while Psychic in particular is useful to hit Pex supereffectively.

Small changes

:sv/scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

I've opted for a more offensive approach on Scizor, since Dual Screens allow you to setup with Swords Dance more effectively. You can even potentially go for a sweep with Bullet Punch alone, or simply use it to Revenge-Kill mons that might have survived a previous sweep attempt. As I've said earlier, Defog shouldn't be necessary since you dont want to get rid of your Screens.

---
:sv/raikou:
Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a set that I believe could be really fun. Since you have access to Electric Terrain, your Thunderbolt will be boosted by it and your Raikou will hit even harder. Once again, if you're going for an HO strategy I feel that a potential sweep is worth more than whatever an AV could provide you with, so I've decided to go with a classic Sub+CM route paired with a pseudo Bolt-Beam offensive coverage. Electric and Ice complement each other very well, and with enough Calm Minds you should be able to break through most walls. Leftovers is really there to get some free HP back in order to use Sub repeatedly, but you could honestly opt for an Expert Belt or something of your preference as well (like Electrium Z).

So this was my take on the team, I hope it will help you out!
Poképaste link: https://pokepast.es/af0cc7f557b8f161

Last edited:
This isn't the right place for gen 7 teams, as they should be uploaded on the Past Gen Teams sub, but anyways:

The team has some structural flaws that clash with the HO strategy you're trying to pursue, so in order to save it we're gonna have to change some mons. Despite this, the backbone of the team is still solid enough, so we'll work around that.
Before starting I wanna address the fact that Espeon, despite having a niche as a Dual Screener, gets completely outclassed by Koko in this role. Tapu Koko has a much better Base Speed, allowing it to more reliably set up Screens for your team, while also having access to U-turn as a pivoting move to get your mons on the field. Considering this premise, these are my changes:

Big changes

:espeon: ---> :tapu-koko:

As I said before, Koko is simply a much better pick for you. Not only is it faster than Espeon and can pivot around with Volt Switch/U-turn, but it can also set up Electric Terrain to further enhance Raikou's power. Magic Bounce is a good ability to prevent Hazards from getting on your side of the field, but with this strategy Hazards will be the last of your problems, so it is worth the trade.

:sv/tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

This set is pretty standard as a Dual Screener, and it functions in almost the same way as Espeon did on your original team. Light Clay will increase the turns your Screens stay up, while max HP EVs will improve a bit the durability of Koko during the game. U-turn will be your main move to pivot into your offensive threat/setup sweeper of choice, and it's preferred over Volt Switch because it doesn't get blocked by Ground-types.

---

Since you now can set Electric Terrain up, Hawlucha becomes naturally the best choice as a setup sweeper for your HO team. Minior, despite having the potential to sweep, is simply too inconsistent to get a spot here. Hawlucha has a much stronger STAB, better moves in Brave Bird/Acro and HJK, a higher natural Speed and it can also still be threatening as a Revenge-Killer due to Unburden's immediate boost compared to Minior having to use Shell Smash.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

This is the standard Hawlucha set for Electric Terrain, with Electric Seed to trigger Unburden and get a very much appreciated Defense boost which will increase its bulk even further on top of the Screens (or regardless of them, potentially). SD + its STABs are more than enough to threaten most mons, with Stone Edge being the perfect coverage to hit Flying-types. The Adamant nature is also preferred to Jolly, since after the Unburden boost you end up outspeeding everything anyways.

---
:druddigon: ---> :landorus-therian:

Unfortunately Druddigon isn't very good in the OU meta, and while it can put some work from time to time it's better to just replace it with a much more consistent mon that can cover its role more efficiently, that being Lando-T. Lando has access to Intimidate, one of the best abilities in the game, and it can once again pivot into your other mons with U-turn, which is a key factor in Hyper Offense.

:sv/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- U-turn

I opted for a Defensive set for Lando-T, to give your team a Physically Bulky answer you can rely on if you need to check something. With Stealth Rock and Toxic it can provide very good utility, while still having a solid offensive option in Earthquake. Rocky Helmet can mimic Druddigon's Rough Skin, to punish your opponent's pivots and other contact moves. Notice how I didn't make it run Defog, since it would actually be detrimental to your overall strategy if you got rid of your own Screens. Since this is an HO team, you must commit and try to sweep before your opponent has the chance to chip all of your mons in the first place, so keep this in mind while playing.

---
:staraptor: ---> :manaphy:
As I've said at the start of the post, Staraptor clashes with your team's strategy, despite not being a bad mon. In particular, there's no need for a Scarf when you already have considerably fast mons at your disposal, so instead of running yet another Physical mon I decided to bring in a Special Setup Sweeper to abuse Screens. With Tail Glow, Manaphy becomes very threatening very quickly, and it also has enough natural bulk to take several hits behind the Screens without worrying too much. As a pure Water-type, Manaphy also provides a valuable resistance to Ice, which your team lacked outside of Scizor.

:sv/manaphy:
Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic

Substitute gives you the chance to avoid potential status moves coming from bulky walls, allowing you to setup reliably with Tail Glow. Waterium-Z will provide you with that one-time nuke that might be essential to break through the likes of Blissey and other Stall mons, while Psychic in particular is useful to hit Pex supereffectively.

Small changes

:sv/scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

I've opted for a more offensive approach on Scizor, since Dual Screens allow you to setup with Swords Dance more effectively. You can even potentially go for a sweep with Bullet Punch alone, or simply use it to Revenge-Kill mons that might have survived a previous sweep attempt. As I've said earlier, Defog shouldn't be necessary since you dont want to get rid of your Screens.

---
:sv/raikou:
Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a set that I believe could be really fun. Since you have access to Electric Terrain, your Thunderbolt will be boosted by it and your Raikou will hit even harder. Once again, if you're going for an HO strategy I feel that a potential sweep is worth more than whatever an AV could provide you with, so I've decided to go with a classic Sub+CM route paired with a pseudo Bolt-Beam offensive coverage. Electric and Ice complement each other very well, and with enough Calm Minds you should be able to break through most walls. Leftovers is really there to get some free HP back in order to use Sub repeatedly, but you could honestly opt for an Expert Belt or something of your preference as well (like Electrium Z).

So this was my take on the team, I hope it will help you out!
Poképaste link: https://pokepast.es/af0cc7f557b8f161
Thank you for your suggestions I will definitely work on it also thanks for telling in which forum it should be uploaded

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Hello there,
There is something i'm really not getting so i'll just ask here since it's a recent post with Hawlucha... Why high jump kick and not Flying press...Stab with no resistances meaning no one can check it safely.
A build like flying press, sword dance, taunt and stone edge (as there is way too much flying type in gen 7) would allow you to still makes holes with taunt denying a poison/leech seed attempt that could force you to back off. You'll have less pp but in an hyper offense where you don't need him to sweep it makes for a very threatening pokemon hard to check. And again, no resistances, so if they want to tire you, you'll still make holes if they are not careful.
Just a reflexion as i never really understood the unpopularity of this attack over an attack that puts you half life with just a protection or bad luck. I mean, i get why hjk in sweep team, but not in ho.

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello there,
There is something i'm really not getting so i'll just ask here since it's a recent post with Hawlucha... Why high jump kick and not Flying press...Stab with no resistances meaning no one can check it safely.
A build like flying press, sword dance, taunt and stone edge (as there is way too much flying type in gen 7) would allow you to still makes holes with taunt denying a poison/leech seed attempt that could force you to back off. You'll have less pp but in an hyper offense where you don't need him to sweep it makes for a very threatening pokemon hard to check. And again, no resistances, so if they want to tire you, you'll still make holes if they are not careful.
Just a reflexion as i never really understood the unpopularity of this attack over an attack that puts you half life with just a protection or bad luck. I mean, i get why hjk in sweep team, but not in ho.
The reason Flying Press isn't popular on Hawlucha is because it's not a Flying-type and a Fighting-type combined into one move, but rather those two typings at the same time. This means that during damage calculation both Flying and Fighting are considered for effectiveness, so for example it would only deal x1 to Steel-types, because while Fighting is supereffective on Steel, Flying is not. So add those two factors together and you get a move that deals only regular damage to Steel instead of twice as much.
For this very reason Flying Press deals x1 to both Steel and Rock, instead of x2, while being actually resisted by Electric, Poison, Flying, Psychic and Fairy, and being unable to hit Ghosts. It's overall a pretty bad move, and people just prefer running Acrobatics/Brave Bird alongside HJK.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello there,
One of the main reasons Flying Press over HJK is not used is that it fails to OHKO(or even 2HKO) Magearna at +2. This is a really big issue given that Magearna is one of the most popular pokemon in the tier. (Magearna resists Flying Press). It's not true at all that Flying Press has no resistances either.
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 327-385 (108.6 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Flying Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 126-148 (41.8 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
There are a few more issues such as not being able to OHKO Heatran and Magnezone unboosted, but Magearna is the main reason it's not used.

Last edited:

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I agree with most of YNM's changes, but I'd like to suggest a few more changes.
1. Run 96HP and 32Sp.Def on Hawlucha. This lets you survive an uninvested Clefable Moonblast from full. 124 speed lets you outspeed Jolly Excadrill in sand after Unburden activates.
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
2. Run the below set on Landorus-T:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb
Rock Tomb lets you get rocks up vs Defog Tornadus-Therian, which Hawlucha especially appreciates. Explosion gives your teammates a free switch while stopping Defog or Rapid Spin attempts from slower pokemon.
3. Raikou is outclassed in OU and not a very good pokemon overall there, so consider swapping it with Shift Gear Magearna.
4. Consider replacing Mega Scizor with Mega Gyarados. It's a REALLY good abuser of screens and helps your MU vs rain greatly.

I agree with most of YNM's changes, but I'd like to suggest a few more changes.
1. Run 96HP and 32Sp.Def on Hawlucha. This lets you survive an uninvested Clefable Moonblast from full. 124 speed lets you outspeed Jolly Excadrill in sand after Unburden activates.
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
2. Run the below set on Landorus-T:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb
Rock Tomb lets you get rocks up vs Defog Tornadus-Therian, which Hawlucha especially appreciates. Explosion gives your teammates a free switch while stopping Defog or Rapid Spin attempts from slower pokemon.
3. Raikou is outclassed in OU and not a very good pokemon overall there, so consider swapping it with Shift Gear Magearna.
4. Consider replacing Mega Scizor with Mega Gyarados. It's a REALLY good abuser of screens and helps your MU vs rain greatly.
Alongside explosion on lead lando it tends to run normal gem and swords dance over explosion also works if running sash.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Alongside explosion on lead lando it tends to run normal gem and swords dance over explosion also works if running sash.
That works too, but I think this team may prefer Rock Tomb to keep rocks vs Tornadus-Therian. It's up to personal preference though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)