[DONE] KANTO CLASSIC: Post your results!

Man, seeing all you guys post results and talking about how fun the tournament was makes me wish I had played. Unfortunately, I had a bunch of tests during that time and I was too lazy to breed. Next tournament, I am definitely going to play! Hopefully, all of you participate as well.

I still don't know why doubles it the official format. It's just a gimmick format like Rotation, Inverse, Triples. The Kanto Classic is the one and only official tournament I've ever entered simply because it's been the only one in singles 6v6 format and without ridiculous ubers involved.

I mean yeah cart tournaments will still be annoying if they allow stuff like Mega Kanga and Aegislash and ban legendaries that aren't overpowered, but I'll take that all day over doubles that allow ubers.

I'm honestly hoping for a 'classic series' for more regions because I can't imagine playing any other tournament format they come up with unless it enforced rules similar to smogon.
I don't really hate doubles as it is faster than 6-6 as mentioned and some mons that are totally un-viable in singles can still find a decent niche in doubles.

Like for instance, Raichu is viable in this years VCG, and that thing get's bullied in any of the higher tiers in singles. I imagine with the success of the kanto classic, they may just continue the classic series at least for one more tournament, it would be no reason for them not to.

My only question for a potential Johto classic though is would it be exclusive to mons introduced in gen 2 or would it allow every Poke from gen 1 & 2 in addition to the items that debuted in Gen 2 as well.

Either one and I'm in, although I can almost envision every team being Azumarill, Scizor, and Tartar if it's only Gen 2 exclusives, but looking at the Gen 2 list, a Johto only tournament looks like it would be a lot of fun.
What are some Pokemon nobody saw at all, especially Pokemon one would expect to see after a few battles?

As I recall I did not see a single Rhydon or Electrode, though nothing I'd really expect to see.
I saw no Tentacruels, which is surprising on paper because of Haze, Rapid Spin, and the fact that it could force out Clefable, but once it came down to it, it's no wonder many chose Gengar as their poison type as Tentacruel just didn't have much of an offensive presence and it was essentially an automatic out if it was 1v1 vs anything other than Clef. I also found players using it as set up fodder in a lot of my test matches, even with Haze in the case of D-Nite, but maybe it was the set I was using.

My only regret in dropping it is that I didn't replace it with another phazer. But on a positive note, my Starmie preformed much better than I expected. I was surprised at how many players lead with Gengar and allowed me to KO them with it, but I suppose they assumed it was a bulkier set.

Last edited:
36th in Italy not bad I guess; I wanted to try out Porygon and I have to say that it came through a bunch of times expecially against phisical set-up sweeper like Dragonite and Gyarados.
However I had problems with Psyshock Alakazam, Chansey couldn't wall it, Porygon got 2hit KOed just like Weezing; Slowbro got destroyed by Shadow Ball , and Venusaur and Aerodactyl could just damage or cripple it respectively.
I envy you so much. I really wanted to use Porygon but just ruled him out as ineffective.

upload_2016-3-21_14-55-10.png

My favorite mon I brought along was Primeape. He had Final Gambit. A move that people rarely account for and allows him to clear opponents many would expect him to be unable to touch. Ended 20-10. At least half the loses were misplays or me being outplayed. Don't think I fought anyone I didn't have a chance against.

A bit late, but I got 1564, putting me at #5,340 (#1,176 US). I only did 10 battles, going 8-2 (one loss due to internet), so I'm kind of okay with how I did. Especially considering I kind of just slapped a bunch of pokemon together at the last minute.

Battle videos:
CE3W-WWWW-WW3M-YAAA
GZYG-WWWW-WW3M-BK3W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)