Dolls/ anime figures thread

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
My Girlfriend has a bunch of Anime Figures and I keep them around my desk to brighten up the mood.

I'll post pics later.

unknown.png

I've been meaning to post this here. Bought this Sayaka Miki fig last week. Spent almost all the money I had on hand for it but it was worth it. I don't regret the purchase at all. It's in great quality too, aside from a really tiny scratch on her chin that you can't even see unless you get really close, and the fact that her sword is kinda bent, though luckily it's not as noticeable from the front.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
48393599_10155919026761475_5991757571541696512_n.jpg

I bought my first Nendoroid!!
She's shiro from No Game No Life!!
So cute!
Definitely will buy more Nendoroids in the future!

48393178_10155922312736475_1965408271946743808_n.jpg

I also made a custom Hina doll body for my Nendoroid
Polymer clay + chirimen kimono fabric.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Heya figure fanatics, long time no see! Got some question for you:

I recently came across a few Dragon Quest V figures that look really appealing to me, they are getting released later this year ;
- Nera ($69.99), releasing in September
- Bianca ($69.99), releasing in August
- Hero ($74.99), releasing in June
(click the names to see them)

I have never spent more than 30 bucks on a single figure (like the ones I posted before in this thread), got a few Funko pops too for 15 bucks each. However never that high, though DQV is a game that has really affected my experience with videogames, and I like these characters a lot, besides I find that the figures look really good, so I am tempted to buy them anyway (at least Nera & Bianca because they're my absolute fav & putting $200+ in a single purchase is something I cannot really do atm).

So here's what I was wondering: for those of you who have already purchased expensive figures, do you think that the ones I linked above are "worth" their cost? In terms of looks, of options offered (changeable hands/heads), and of any other criteria that I may be forgetting? Do you think that they're indeed worth the 70 bucks, that it's a good deal, or that they're probably worth less?
I'll earn some money this summer so I'll probably end up buying the first 2, but spending 140 dollars is something I still have to think twice about before doing it, so I'd appreciate any opinion on the matter.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lionyx

~70$ is a little on the high end, but not too outrageous for figures like this. Generally you are gonna pay at least 40 dollars for a decent paint job (particularly the face) and that's where most of the price comes from. From what I can tell from the images on that site they look pretty quality though.

It's been a while since I bought regularly, but price seems to fluctuate a lot, especially if you are looking at other retailers. From my experience, the official store almost always has the highest possible price. I'm not sure which online stores sell to your country, so I'd do a little more looking around.

No matter what, if you collect, the price is gonna add up in the end. Collecting is an expensive hobby. I'd space it out, just get the one you want the most the first month, and then get the others later (whether that looks like one a month, one every two months, whatever). The anticipation of getting something is always a big part of the fun anyway, so it can be a blessing to not blow all your money at once.

Baku familyyyyyyy
I've had the Munna and Musharna plushies for a while but my two Hypnos just came in and I'm ecstatic. The larger one especially is so huggable and Hypno is my favorite pokemon so this is pretty awesome. Now I'm just going to look for Drowzee to make the baku family complete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)