Dogs

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus

Dogs. Perhaps no creation of man has impacted his development more than the dog. We breed dogs for hunting, protection, labor and companionship. And while all dogs are the same species, each breed has traits that allow it to perform tasks that few other animals can. Bloodhounds can follow a trail for miles, Rhodesian ridgebacks can take down a lion, German shepherds can sniff out smuggled drugs and retrievers can find people lost in wreckage. If we were to take dogs out of society, we would be living in a vastly different, and in my opinion, lonelier, world.

Do you own a dog? If so, what kind? How have dogs impacted your life?

and I expect a quality dog pun from woodchuck

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've heard some of Woodchucks canine related puns and they are ruff.

Anyways I've had a little dog in the family for over a decade now, she's been getting really old and part of that is more frequent walks to do her thing. Some people say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but she's finally really learned how to bark and get our attention when she needs to walk. She will often just trod around like an old dog but if she sees a squirrel or another dog its like she loses five years and will run and jump like anything else.

It's too bad there aren't nearly enough funny dog videos compared to cat ones. Every time I see a lame dog video I jsut want to click paws.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i have 3 dogs

their combined weight is 500 lbs

my yard is a mess...

edit: oh how clever

I have this super lanky Labradoodle. She's incredibly friendly, but for some reason she hates the pizza guy. She starts acting like a massive bitch whenever he comes by.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
i have 3 dogs

their combined weight is 500 lbs

my yard is a mess...
I guess you could say you have a.... shitty yard.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH - that was terrible and I should be ashamed of myself

Anyway... My dog:

Well, first off, look at all those damn blankets. Anyway, she doesn't really do much. She just... Sleeps. Oh, but if, in any case, the garage door opens, someone knocks on the door, or someone rings on the doorbell, she gets super excited. And she hates the hardwood floor.

i have 3 dogs as well, but 2 were inherited from old people. i wanted to get a beagle or something with a deep voice that i could train to fetch stuff or a herding dog like an australian shepherd, but now i have a spoiled yorkshire terrier that is very cute (but useless), an untrained ~5 year old brazilian shepherd that doesn't come to anything other than 'dog' (just 'dog'... aint that embarrassing to shout in public...), and our ~12 year old brazilian shepherd/beagle mix that still catches/kills mice and (cornered) rabbits and is just now starting to slow down.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
We used to have a Greyhound Whippit cross and she was gorgeous. I saw her once running down next to a wiremesh (The squares were about 15cm across) fence with a rabbit on the other side, and she managed to her head through one of the holes, grab the rabbit and get her head back out before she decapitated herself :o

My brother owns a terrier cross shitszu atm... PIC INCOMING. He is adorable just over a year old. WARNING: MASSIVE PICTURE

Here is Marco:

Our family had a Black lab from 2003-2011 until when he was 13 we had to put it down because his arthritis got so bad he couldn't walk anymore and he was always in pain : (

I'll most likely get a cat in the future, but another dog also in my consideration.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
anyone else besides oglemi think that english bulldog puppies are the cutest

[youtube]?v=fV3CRAo7jEQ[/youtube]

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bulldogs or go home
Danmire said:
BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!! OGLEMI!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANMIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND CORGIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly if i wasnt allergic to dogs im pretty sure i'd own an english bulldog they are absolutely adorable but they get sick so easily which makes me really sad :((

but i just get to play with my friends bulldogs (she has 2 english bulldogs and theyre so adorable)

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
dog, probably one of my favorite words. it means honest and loyal. only call a few people my dogs.

btw I own 4 chihuahuas, 2 tiger stripped pitbulls, and an Alaskan malamute

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

[youtube]?v=fV3CRAo7jEQ[/youtube]
These must be just a few hours old... Pups get up and walking fairly quickly because its a natural imperative, like with Foals/Lambs etc.

They are pretty cute, and being British myself I should probably like them more. But I don't. They often have bad lives and breathing issues and are nearly always overweight. I mean, they were bred to fight fucking bulls lol not be lap dogs.

What a coincidence! It's my dog's 2nd birthday today. We've had her since she was a couple of months old. She's a labradoodle (if you can't work that one out then god help us all). About knee high, shaggy fur. Mostly black with hints of brown. Goes by the name of Belle. Or I call her dug, duggy, belly etc. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)