Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play free mode all the time and I've gotten like 40 DCs. Why free mode?
Good question. I've all but given up on Global Link matches because no one sees the match through to the end. The lack of sportsmanship is beyond my understanding. Battling has consequences.. God forbid you might... Lose?!

About the first 20 double battles I played i got D/C but i always killed theyre last poke. I no longer battle in free mode in double battle but its still fun and Ive learned many new strategies. So its not that bad.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
In rated matches dont even bother trying to fight ppl w/ rating 1750 or higher. they all quit wen you win. Itss annoying, because you begin saying yes yes wen ur about to win and then boom disconnected.

I hate my current doubles team, it's just invincible ._.

It's record is:

Wins: 15
Loses: 0
Opp D/C when I'm about to win: 348.....

Well....it's really not my team, but the way I play mind-games with the opp.
It combines straight-forward startegies with plain surprise.

In rated matches dont even bother trying to fight ppl w/ rating 1750 or higher. they all quit wen you win. Itss annoying, because you begin saying yes yes wen ur about to win and then boom disconnected.
I completely agree with you on that. guy had a score 1850-ish and ragequit when he lost.

My rating is completely frozen. I dropped down to the 1500s after losing several battles in a row (and DID NOT disconnect, mind you) and now it's impossible to claw my way back up the tier because of all the disconnecters out there. It's quite pathetic, really.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
My rating is completely frozen. I dropped down to the 1500s after losing several battles in a row (and DID NOT disconnect, mind you) and now it's impossible to claw my way back up the tier because of all the disconnecters out there. It's quite pathetic, really.
Heh Last time i posted my ranking i was at the high 1700's. A few strings of d/c and when I HAD a good battle i lost n accepted it. So then i was at 1678. The nxt day im at 1557 with even more d/c's and so many cudve been wins. I only rebounded today winning 7 straight w/ no d/c's( thank god) n am now at 1620. As you see d/c's after d/c's cn affect a players w/L ratio hugely.

I faced a trainer with over 1100 wins twice in a row. The first time they beat me quite easily. The second time, though, it was a pretty even and interesting match... until they disconnected after missing a Meteor Mash. Sigh.

I feel like I'm destined to appear to be a fail because all I get is DCs and losses, when in actuality, my rating should be hundreds higher.

Has everyone here heard of the Japan Cup? They're going to use the Battle Competition feature and have a Japan only tourney of 10,000 people (sign-ups based on first come first serve connecting to the Japan PGL server). It's going to be Unova-only Doubles.
My question is, during this tournament, will D/Cs count as a loss? PLEASE NINTENDO, count them as losses! This Battle Competition feature is their chance to (sort of) make up to Japanese players who are having the same D/C problems as us!

My question is, during this tournament, will D/Cs count as a loss? PLEASE NINTENDO, count them as losses! This Battle Competition feature is their chance to (sort of) make up to Japanese players who are having the same D/C problems as us!
Good question. If they count them as losses, that will mean that they've always had the capability to count them as losses, and maybe can do something about them in the near future. One thing is certain, though, and that is that they cannot run a tournament where D/Cs don't count as a losses, and that they wouldn't have started one unless they could enforce losses as they should have, unless they want to lose the respect of the serious playerbase.

DC'ers. Are. A. Pain.

First of I always search for a Non-Ranked battle. It takes literally 15 minutes (Weird because 3 bar connection) to find an opponent. Then they ragequit if the fail to kill Garchomp in 1 hit. Then I try ranked battles. As soon as i find one (Again 15 minutes'ish) they disconect if they lose 1 poke. Then I give up on singles and go to doubles. It is just slightly faster finding an opponent and potentially good practice if thats the VGC 2012 rules (maybe)(Not for sure just a guess). But it also seems like they dc less. Or is that just me?

End Rant.

I feel like I can't even get ON to the ladder due to DCs. According to the game I've onl played about 60 Battles; Won 32 Lost 28. But I must have had over 80 DCs in singles so far, not even tried doubles yet.

Funny story:
I was taking a break from pokemon and playing Mario Kart DS.
For a challenge, I decided to play online, on Nintendo WFC.
Race 1) Three players: I win, because some dude driving a really fast yoshi-driven kart got cocky and tried to reverse over the finish line.
Race 2) He wins fair and square. The third guy dropped out.
Race 3) I win fair and square in an extrememly close race (20 miliseconds max)
Race 4) I crush the Yoshi guy on Rainbow Road. Just before I cross the finish line.... HE RAGEQUITS AND I DONT GET A WIN!!

ASKLH:ALADKDJKAFAFAF""AFHIORYPQWOI VFN WNFWPUIFPAD!!!

Lol I think 'ragequit' is being used pretty liberally since most quits aren't to rage at all. When you get a high rating, each win will literally only give you an additional 1 or 2 points. I'm at 2071 at the moment and seriously I'm having wins where my rating doesn't change at all. Were I to lose any games (thank god I don't) that rating would absolutely crash by 100 or so, and it'd take 2 weeks to get back on track. And since my rating at the moment sits me where I should be no.1 on the GBU next update, were I to lose I would probably DC just to save that. So yeah it's less a case of rage than "I really can not be arsed going through all that again" lol.

But then again my rankings just haven't appeared at all this season for some reason so I have no idea lol. Similarly with last season's I got placed at 15th with a rating of 1897 when by then I'm pretty sure I was closer to the 1950 mark. It's a good thing I can't remember the last time I lost. :P

(my record is 148/8 at the moment)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For some reason, it's gotten even worse for me. I'm currently on 9 opponent's disconnecting on me in a row.

The most infuriating of which was a Japanese player with a rating of over 1830 (I'm on 1821). We played out a great match in which he got three burns from Scald in his three uses of the move, two of which were on physical attackers of mine. This player also got a double Protect towards the end of the game, but then after my first stroke of luck in the match (my opponent's Politoed hurt itself in confusion, from my DynamicPunch on the previous turn), they disconnect when I had the game won. Hail was in play, I had Thundurus and Machamp out, against a Kingdra with less than 6% HP. The game went on for a good 15 minutes, as well.

This is one that royally pissed me off. It was still a good match despite my opponent getting the majority of the luck, it was relatively close, and our ratings were relatively close. But people still can't seem to take a loss and just ruin the whole experience.

If I had a good camcorder, I think I'd literally make a Youtube channel with the sole purpose of pointing out GBU DCers lol.

Zog: That is the whole purpose of the ranking points though, no? If someone is good enough to beat someone with an apparent rating of over 2000, then they should be worthy of having a few more ranking points... right? Yeh, it's annoying when it's a critical hit that you lose to or whatever, but that's just the nature of these small three on three battles.

I've been ranked #1 overall in the UK for ages on the GBU, but I don't know why... my rating isn't particularly great.

Maybe I'm either getting lucky, or I'm battling in the "safe area", being Triples?

In literally the past two months, not even one d/c versus anyone with a 1600+ rating.

I get d/c's all the time in singles, doubles, and rotational though. >_<

I finally finished my GBU doubles team, and out of the first 10 battles, only 1 DC, and 3 forfeits. Am I just getting lucky, or is DCing getting better?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I think the way it works is:

If you've been involved in a lot of DC's, you're likely to get paired with other people who have been involved in a lot of DC's. This could be not through their own fault, however. So, if you've been unlucky (like me) to get paired with people who DC quite often for a while, you'll be shoved into the mix and basically get paired up with people who DC all the time. I don't DC myself, but due to the sheer mass of people who have DC'd against me, I'm punished by never being able to improve my record because everyone DC's against me.. :( I think I've managed to face 6 people who didn't DC over this season, in literally over 30 matches.

I still keep trying, but at this rate even if I do manage to get to 10 matches that finish, I doubt my rankings will show up on the website due to so many DC's.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I currently barely play gbu because of dc'ing. I make 1700+ only to get d/c until i lose and fall back down. Im only making 1780+ and im done till next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)