Crossover Chaos: Hiatus

Status
Not open for further replies.
See above. Also, I was gonna submit when I could, but you shut the slate ;-;
Rip. Sorry if I'm closing things a day early, I'm in Australia so have an early timezone. It's why I've been posting a heads up before closing submissions. If people want, I can move the submission deadline back a day but that will mean a day less for voting since I count votes Sunday evening.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rip. Sorry if I'm closing things a day early, I'm in Australia so have an early timezone. It's why I've been posting a heads up before closing submissions. If people want, I can move the submission deadline back a day but that will mean a day less for voting since I count votes Sunday evening.
It's up to you, but if you'll allow it, I'm slipping a sub in now :P

Shovel Knight

Stats: 60 HP / 120 Atk / 130 Def / 60 SpA / 130 SpD / 90 Spe (585 BST)
Abilities: Battle Armour
Signature Move(s):
Dig Slash -
|
| 95 BP | 10-16 PP | 100% Acc | Has a high Crit ratio | Authentic, Contact, Distance, Mirror, Protect
Charge Handle -
|
| 150 BP | 5-8 PP | 90% Acc | Breaks Protection, Takes 1 turn to charge, Lowers speed by 1 stage after move is used | Contact, Mirror, Charge

Justifications:
Typing: Ground Type because Shovel Knight digs a lot, and Dig is a Ground-type move. Steel Type because he is wearing what seems like metal armour.
Stats: He is armoured, which implies to me that he uses that as his defence mechanism. His HP is kinda squishy, but his defence makes up for it. Speed is kinda average/low because he isn't exactly crazy fast. Attack is pretty high due to his offence being with his Shovel Blade, a Melee weapon.
Abilities: Battle Armour because he's wearing armour. Nuf said
Signature Moves: Dig Slash is based on his basic attack, and also takes a combination of effects from Dig and Slash.
Charge Handle is based on the, well, Charge Handle Shovel Blade Upgrade. It's a charge attack that breaks through most defences. If it's fully charged, it makes Shovel Knight move slower than usual, hence the speed drop.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I love how you're picking at the side points, presumably due to lacking a counter to the obvious "what a fairy is in the Kirby series" thing
Since this is relevant to future submissions I'll reply to this part. The only relevant information is what a fairy is in the Pokemon series. We're making things fit into Pokemon, not the reverse. If Kirby absorbed Granbull it would get Animal not Fairy, it doesn't mean Granbull is not a Fairy-type Pokemon by Pokemon rules.

Since this is relevant to future submissions I'll reply to this part. The only relevant information is what a fairy is in the Pokemon series. We're making things fit into Pokemon, not the reverse. If Kirby absorbed Granbull it would get Animal not Fairy, it doesn't mean Granbull is not a Fairy-type Pokemon by Pokemon rules.
Kirby doesn't have a Fairy ability. In fact, he doesn't have any Fairy-type related powers or properties aside from his appearance. Carbink's blue crystals look icy, but it's not Ice-type because it doesn't have ice powers.

I don't care about deadlines. You ended it too early, as there was only one complete submission for Korok. That is, simply put, a terrible idea. At that point, a submission wins not on its merits, but by being the only choice, which offends my moral sensibilities.

I don't care about deadlines. You ended it too early, as there was only one complete submission for Korok. That is, simply put, a terrible idea. At that point, a submission wins not on its merits, but by being the only choice, which offends my moral sensibilities.
Your moral sensibilities can rest easy now, submissions don't close when voting opens any more meaning you can submit things last minute. Also submissions have always been open for five days, hopefully that's enough time.

Speaking of voting, there's only one vote so far. Please get your votes in.

Your moral sensibilities can rest easy now, submissions don't close when voting opens any more meaning you can submit things last minute. Also submissions have always been open for five days, hopefully that's enough time.

Speaking of voting, there's only one vote so far. Please get your votes in.
I don't fucking care about last minute, if there's not enough there's not enough. When you hit a deadline and there's not enough subs, you delay closing the slate and keep doing it until there's enough subs. And just one complete sub for any 'mon (Korok) is not enough. And not only that, you're going to have to reslate the second slate given how badly you botched the time you closed it.

I don't fucking care about last minute, if there's not enough there's not enough. When you hit a deadline and there's not enough subs, you delay closing the slate and keep doing it until there's enough subs. And just one complete sub for any 'mon (Korok) is not enough. And not only that, you're going to have to reslate the second slate given how badly you botched the time you closed it.
Eight different people made submissions for that slate (with only one submitting for the Korok) and as far as I was knew, it was only the Korok that flopped. You even said yourself it was a bad choice for a second slate which I agree with in hindsight. I'll be sure to make certain there are enough participants before closing submissions but if it's only one character that's not popular, I cannot do much about that. Thank you for your feedback though.

That being said I'll be extending voting until there are more votes (only one so far). Winners announcement and next slate will hopefully be up in 48 hours.
Jucherz
Pika Xreme
KirbyRider1337
G-Luke
Ludicrousity
lordofdunans

Eight different people made submissions for that slate (with only one submitting for the Korok) and as far as I was knew, it was only the Korok that flopped. You even said yourself it was a bad choice for a second slate which I agree with in hindsight. I'll be sure to make certain there are enough participants before closing submissions but if it's only one character that's not popular, I cannot do much about that. Thank you for your feedback though.

That being said I'll be extending voting until there are more votes (only one so far). Winners announcement and next slate will hopefully be up in 48 hours.
Jucherz
Pika Xreme
KirbyRider1337
G-Luke
Ludicrousity
lordofdunans
One character flopping is still cause for a reslate. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, Kirby was also a poor choice for a second slate - Kirby is complex and easy to screw up. Which is exactly what happened.

Speaking of, I've realized the issue with Kirby's typing isn't simply a Kirby issue. Most of the submissions here seem to be assigning typings from a character's form, rather than function. It's not that you didn't understand Kirby's powers and nature, you just didn't care - Kirby looked like a Fairy-type and that's all you cared about. This was present to a lesser extent in the first slate (the pure Normal Mario subs) and remains present now, in the form of the invasion of the pure Steel-type Shovel Knights (tm).

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
One character flopping is still cause for a reslate. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, Kirby was also a poor choice for a second slate - Kirby is complex and easy to screw up. Which is exactly what happened.

Speaking of, I've realized the issue with Kirby's typing isn't simply a Kirby issue. Most of the submissions here seem to be assigning typings from a character's form, rather than function. It's not that you didn't understand Kirby's powers and nature, you just didn't care - Kirby looked like a Fairy-type and that's all you cared about. This was present to a lesser extent in the first slate (the pure Normal Mario subs) and remains present now, in the form of the invasion of the pure Steel-type Shovel Knights (tm).
For this pet mod to work, there will have to be submissions made by people who never played the characters' games. There simply aren't enough users who played the games and know much about the characters.

The solution is to vote for the best one and explain why

For this pet mod to work, there will have to be submissions made by people who never played the characters' games. There simply aren't enough users who played the games and know much about the characters.

The solution is to vote for the best one and explain why
And does it wound these people so to do a few minutes of research and read a wiki or something? Sounds easier than fabricating a submission from common knowledge and their appearance.

Congratulations to Ludicrousity for winning Shovel Knight and G-Luke for Shantae!
Ludicrousity and G-Luke now have the title Captain Rainbow!
There is a tie for Cuphead between Cookie Butter and KirbyRider1337. Please vote for one of these to break the tie.

Fourth Slate:
Nailed It!
(suggested by Cookie Butter)
A wild King Dedede, Amy Rose, and Hammer Bro appeared!

Get you submissions in by the 23rd of January.
Please feel free to suggest future slates.
Have fun!​

Pokémon: King Dedede
Type: Fire/Normal
Type (Masked): Fire/Electric
Type (Possessed): Fire/Dark
Ability: Royal Presence (Reduces opponents' Special Attack by 1 stage upon switch-in. Takes no recoil from Wood Hammer. Immune to Ground, Levitate-style. Only works on King Dedede and his forms.)
Stats: 130/150/110/70/70/70 (600)
Stats (Masked): 130/170/130/70/90/70 (660)
(Masked is an item-activated form from the Dedede Hammer. Possessed does not require an item.)
OU Moveset:
King Dedede @ Leftovers
Ability: Royal Presence
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Flip (Physical Fire. 120 BP. 85 Accuracy. 10 PP, 16 max. Always hits if user moves after the target. If possible, Kirby can also learn it.)
- Wood Hammer
- Return / Body Slam
- Slack Off

King Dedede-Masked @ Dedede Hammer
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Flip
- Hammer Voltage (Physical Electric. 90 BP. 15 PP, 24 max. Hits Special Defense like some kind of bizzaro Psyshock.)
- Wood Hammer
- Slack Off

King Dedede-Possessed @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Flip
- Crunch (Possessed only)
- Wood Hammer
- Slack Off
Reasoning: Dedede's immense strength is reflected in a whopping 150 attack, and his toughness in 130/110 physical bulk. Dedede is often associated with Fire attacks, like the Hammer Flip, Hammer Twirl, and his flamethrower. Basic Dedede is still pretty Normal otherwise. Masked Dedede uses an electrified hammer, and as such replaces Normal with Electric. Dedede gets weird when possessed and as such gets the Dark type (you'll know what I mean when you fight Dedede in Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, or Crystal Shards). Royal Presence reflects the kind of aura that you'd need to become King on your own merits, as well as Dedede's hammer mastery and flight (which isn't prominent enough to be Flying-type). Hammer Flip comes from the famous Kirby series hammer technique of doom, while Hammer Voltage comes from Masked Dedede's hammer shockwaves. Slack Off and Wood Hammer should be obvious if you know Dedede's character at all, while Crunch comes from how a possessed King Dedede often has stomach jaws (which is as creepy as it sounds).

Typing: Fighting/Fairy
Ability: Thick Fat / Gluttony / [HA] Regenerator
Stats: 120/120/127/44/87/32 [BST: 530]
Notable Moves: Ice Hammer, Dragon Hammer, Wood Hammer, Meteor Mash, Play Rough, Drain Punch, Knock Off, Body Slam, Heavy Slam, Bulk Up, Slack Off, Toxic, Bounce, Rapid Spin, Belly Drum
Signature Move: Dedede Hammer [Fighting Type, Physical, 100% Accuracy, 80 BP, 15 PP] Ignores Abilities.
OU Moveset:
King Dedede @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Dedede Hammer
- Play Rough / Ice Hammer
- Slack Off
Reasoning:
Typing:
This typing may seem incredibly weird at first, so let me explain. Before I do, I'm gonna address the elephant in the room before anyone even asks. Yes, I am aware that Dedede is a penguin, but I don't think that's enough justification for the Water or Ice types, since we never really see the King closely associated to either the water or ice in Kirby games. Now, why Fighting/Fairy? Fighting is a good fit for Dedede, since it seems he really likes to duke it out head-to-head. My mind always recalls the Dedede bossfight in Superstar and Superstar Ultra, where you fight him in his very own wrestling ring. King Dedede is also the King of Dreamland, so I think that translates to the Fairy type quite well.
Stats: This is obvious. King Dedede is large, fat, and slow, and his amazingly slow attacks pack a huge punch.
Abilities: Thick Fat and Gluttony are obvious picks, as anyone who's ever heard of King Dedede knows that he's fat and that he likes food a lot, to the point where he stole all the food in Dreamland. Regenerator is again because he's big and fat, but is also a reference to how big bads in videogames like Bowser and King Dedede always seem to come back in tip-top shape no matter what.
Signature Move: It's a hammer attack, need I say more?

Oh, and one more thing. For those of you who are asking why King Dedede would learn Bulk Up.
buffdedede.jpg

Last edited:
Typing: Fighting/Fairy
Ability: Thick Fat / Gluttony / [HA] Regenerator
Stats: 120/110/87/44/87/32 [BST: 480]
Notable Moves: Ice Hammer, Dragon Hammer, Wood Hammer, Meteor Mash, Play Rough, Drain Punch, Knock Off, Body Slam, Heavy Slam, Bulk Up, Slack Off, Toxic, Bounce, Rapid Spin
Signature Move: Dedede Hammer [Fighting Type, Physical, 100% Accuracy, 80 BP, 15 PP] Ignores Abilities.
OU Moveset:
King Dedede @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Dedede Hammer
- Play Rough / Ice Hammer
- Slack Off
Reasoning:
Typing:
This typing may seem incredibly weird at first, so let me explain. Before I do, I'm gonna address the elephant in the room before anyone even asks. Yes, I am aware that Dedede is a penguin, but I don't think that's enough justification for the Water or Ice types, since we never really see the King closely associated to either the water or ice in Kirby games. Now, why Fighting/Fairy? Fighting is a good fit for Dedede, since it seems he really likes to duke it out head-to-head. My mind always recalls the Dedede bossfight in Superstar and Superstar Ultra, where you fight him in his very own wrestling ring. King Dedede is also the King of Dreamland, so I think that translates to the Fairy type quite well.
Stats: This is obvious. King Dedede is large, fat, and slow, and his amazingly slow attacks pack a huge punch.
Abilities: Thick Fat and Gluttony are obvious picks, as anyone who's ever heard of King Dedede knows that he's fat and that he likes food a lot, to the point where he stole all the food in Dreamland. Regenerator is again because he's big and fat, but is also a reference to how big bads in videogames like Bowser and King Dedede always seem to come back in tip-top shape no matter what.
Signature Move: It's a hammer attack, need I say more?
dude... 480 bst is way too low for dedede. or ou in general.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Subs coming soon.
dude... 480 bst is way too low for dedede. or ou in general.
Gave that a quick fix.
Though I'm P sure theres a small handfull of OU mons with 480-Ish BSTS, but thats neither here nor there.
Speaking of that, I feel like some more known and more overpowered characters like Mario and Sonic deserve to have higher BST compared to lesser known and younger characters like Cuphead. The old classics are legendary in their own way.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
download.jpg

Pokémon: Hammer Bro
Type:
Dragon.png
/
Rock.png

Ability
: Sturdy/Shell Armor/(Distant Melee)
Stats: 60/45/120/100/80/100 (515)

Ability: Distant Melee
Effect: Every physical moves takes Special Attack in consideration instead of Attack, and give them a 1.1x boost in power

Move: Back Throw
Type: Rock
Category: Special
BP: 70
Accuracy: 95
PP: 5 (8 max)
Effect: The user switch out but doesn't lose its boosts. Instead, it keep them even while being in the party.
Z-Effect: 140 BP Continental Crush

OU Moveset:
Hammer Bro @ White Herb
Ability: Distant Melee
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hammer Arm / Ice Hammer
- Dragon Hammer
- Back Throw

Reasoning: Hammer Bro is Dragon type because turtles are kinda like dragons in mario universe and it's rock type because it's always shown in mountain worlds. The move Back Throw represent the moments hammer bros. launch a hammer and then jump higher. The ability came from the idea taht I wanted hammer bro. to use hammer moves, but keeping high SpA to match flavor (it never attacks you charging on you or something). Overall, Hammer Bro. is a pretty strong pokemon, able to shell smash and to keep his boosts. He also got a good coverage, able to smash a little at many places, and a strong raw power thanks to his ability. Sadly, his main STABs aren't that powerful and he clearly got a mediocre bulk and typing, which make it more balanced.

pazza

Banned deucer.
This looks fun why not join :D

Pokémon: Amy Rose
Type: Fairy/Fighting
Ability: Fairy Aura
Stats: 50/140/70/110/90/120
OU Moveset:

Amy Rose @ Life Orb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Piko Piko Hammer - 100 BP Fairy Move Physical 100% Accurate
Reasoning: I chose her typing as fairy/fighting, because shes very cute to be a fairy type.As well offensive to be a fighting type.I picked fairy aura and color power,because she has a cute aura around her.I did her stats as a glass cannon,because she can kick ass,but cant get hit take a hit xD.Then I pick here piko piko hammer because thats her hammer that she uses when fighting.Swords Dance to raise attack and sweep.High jump kick because amy loves to kick.And Lastly substitute to protect amy from incoming attacks.

Last edited:
This looks fun why not join :D

Pokémon: Amy Rose
Type: Fairy/Fighting
Ability: Fairy Aura/ Color Power (Protean)
Stats: 50/170 /70/110/70/110
OU Moveset:

Amy Rose @ Life Orb
Ability: Color Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Piko Piko Hammer - 100 BP Fairy Move Physical 100% Accurate
Reasoning: I chose her typing as fairy/fighting, because shes very cute to be a fairy type.As well offensive to be a fighting type.I picked fairy aura and color power,because she has a cute aura around her.For color power she can change types by harnessing different variants of Hyper-go-on from Wisps.I did her stats as a glass cannon,because she can kick ass,but cant get hit take a hit xD.Then I pick here piko piko hammer because thats her hammer that she uses when fighting.Swords Dance to raise attack and sweep.High jump kick because amy loves to kick.And Lastly substitute to protect amy from incoming attacks.
""""Color Power""""
also amy never used wisps ever

and why is her attack 170 holy shit she isn't that strong

Pokémon: Hammer Bro
Typing: Rock
Ability: Shell Armor / Rock Head / [HA] Skill Link
Stats: 65/100/120/55/75/65 [BST: 480]
Notable Moves: Shell Smash, Swords Dance, Head Smash, Bone Club, Bullet Seed, Stealth Rock
Signature Move: Hammer Throw [Rock Type, Physical, 100% Accuracy, 20 BP, 22 PP] Hits 2-5 Times, does not make Contact.
OU Moveset:
Hammer Bro @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hammer Throw
- Bone Club
- Bullet Seed
Reasoning:
Typing:
The typing might be basic, but I think it works. Admittedly, I don't know much about Hammer Bro, but mainly because his appearances in main-series Mario games don't tell you much. He just jumps and throws hammers, so these justifications might be painfully short and simple.
Stats: The stats are basic too, no real need to explain.
Abilities: Shell Armor because Turtle and Rock Head because Hammer Bro is rocking a pretty solid helmet. I'll explain Skill Link along with the signature move.
Signature Move: He throws hammers, just as he does in the Mario games. And, like in Mario games, where a Hammer Bro can throw one hammer or three in rapid succession, this move is multi-hit. That's also why I decided on Skill Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)