Creative and Underrated Movesets in UU

So, I tried a Defensive Heracross Set in a Stall Team (lol I can't believe that I did this), and it works!

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
I saw Heracross stats, and I saw one Defensive potential on it, yeah, Heracross has Guts, yeah, he has Rest and Sleep Talk too, so Heracross can do a high damage while asleep. Knock Off is a pretty good coverage move to hit Psychic- and Ghots-Types on the switch.

Calcs
Vs Cobalion

252 Atk Cobalion Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heracross: 88-105 (24.1 - 28.8%) -- 98.7% chance to 4HKO
0 Atk Heracross Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 254-300 (78.3 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Vs Mienshao
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heracross: 120-142 (32.9 - 39%) -- 7.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 64-75 (23.6 - 27.6%) -- 82% chance to 4HKO
0 Atk Heracross Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 237-279 (87.4 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Vs Choice Band Heracross
252 Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heracross: 123-146 (33.7 - 40.1%) -- 37.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Heracross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Heracross: 80-94 (26.5 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Next, RestTalk and it will be OK

Ik that Defensive Heracross looks like garbage, but it is a Creative Moveset, before to judge it, try to use it.

Replays:
vs Choice Band Heracross
vs Pink team with Choice Scarf Heracross and a lot of Defensive 'mons

Huh, try to use defensive Salamence as it's partner, Defensive Hera is unfortunately a Setup Fodder.

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass / Roost

Designed as a late game cleaner. Doesn't get the chance to set up that often, but if it does your opponent will be in a world of pain. Hurricane is Moltres's strongest STAB, and 2HKOes anything that doesn't resist it or isn't called Blissey. Flamethrower is a reliable STAB, but you could use Fire Blast if you need more power. Hidden Power Grass OHKOes Swampert as well as weakened Water types when you don't want to risk a miss. Roost can be used to heal Moltres's health. The EVs maximise Speed and power - if you want more bulk, you could drop the Speed EVs down to 180 so you can outrun +2 Slurpuff.

Replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-371428109
Yeah I did get somewhat lucky with the burn, but I don't think it made that much difference (the crit didn't). The sweep starts on Turn 17

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Xatu@leftovers
Magic bounce
Bold: 252 hp 252 def
-roost
-haze
-psychic stab
-night shade / heat wave

This is a good set for those of you struggling with Celebi's BP sets. Particularly on stall teams. I didn't want to have to resort to usin Drapion or Skuntank on my stall team so I noticed Xatu could haze the boosts, SD CM or NP.

You can run 16 speed for jolly crawdaunt but all you do is Nightshade it really. You can become specially defensive mainly for roserade and Tentacruel and nidoqueen (which still beats you 1 vs 1) but physical defense is overall better. However if you're weak to shadow ball cm reuniclus this could help. Special defense also beats icy wind Froslass which is funny.

This is a decent set because it blocks Forry, aggron generally, Non Sd cobalion Donphan and defensive roserade. You also can beat notable stall breakers such as Snorlax and Reuniclus or at least take away enough of their PP. also annoys sableye. and BU scrafty and Malamar too which is funny.

If you use this on stall I highly recommend to pair it with a defogger or spinner because it's not very reliable by itself.

These are two interesting sets I created on my so far 10-0 team

Offensive Lead Mega Aggron:
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Punch

Easily gets up a free Rock Polish when opponents think you are going to set up rocks and then you have 398 Speed, outspeeding most of the tier

Mixed Scarf Moxie 'Mence:
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

I have used this set many times and just love the type coverage it gets. If there are no more fairies left on the opponents team, Outrage kills a good deal of opposing Mons. Also having flamethrower makes it a great lure to a standard Defensive Forretress and if they switch it in and you predict then:
4- SpA Salamence Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 384-452 (108.4 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Please reply with constructive criticism this is my first smogon post

These are two interesting sets I created on my so far 10-0 team

Offensive Lead Mega Aggron:
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Punch

Easily gets up a free Rock Polish when opponents think you are going to set up rocks and then you have 398 Speed, outspeeding most of the tier

Mixed Scarf Moxie 'Mence:
Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

I have used this set many times and just love the type coverage it gets. If there are no more fairies left on the opponents team, Outrage kills a good deal of opposing Mons. Also having flamethrower makes it a great lure to a standard Defensive Forretress and if they switch it in and you predict then:
4- SpA Salamence Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 384-452 (108.4 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Please reply with constructive criticism this is my first smogon post
The thing about the Aggron set is that there are so many other Mons in the tier that can do the Rock Polish / Cleaner / Sweeper role a lot better like Tyrantrum and other mons. Not to mention its a huge waste on the Mega slot with the diverse options in the tier that can perform that similar role.

I want to like the Scarf Mix Mence, but considering the Moxie is the sole purpose of even using its Scarf set and the special options you've highlighted don't accomplish anything since it doesn't benefit from the attack boost, it's essentially useless and extremely specifc. Nice first try for some cool sets, but try to explore the tier a bit more and identify all other viable options over that specific set before posting, and make sure you tried it beforehand!

The thing about the Aggron set is that there are so many other Mons in the tier that can do the Rock Polish / Cleaner / Sweeper role a lot better like Tyrantrum and other mons. Not to mention its a huge waste on the Mega slot with the diverse options in the tier that can perform that similar role.

I want to like the Scarf Mix Mence, but considering the Moxie is the sole purpose of even using its Scarf set and the special options you've highlighted don't accomplish anything since it doesn't benefit from the attack boost, it's essentially useless and extremely specifc. Nice first try for some cool sets, but try to explore the tier a bit more and identify all other viable options over that specific set before posting, and make sure you tried it beforehand!
The reason I'm using Rock Polish on mega Aggron is because I can get the rock polish up on a mispredict by the opponent thinking that I'm going for rocks as opposed to a Tyrantrum who you are pretty sure when you see it it's going to be more offensive

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

Krookodile
@ Leftovers / Dread Plate / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP / 228 Def / 68 Spe
Impish
Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I've been messing around with Defensive Krook, and it provides really good utility. Checks non-Roost / Aqua Tail M-Aero. Taunt is pretty awesome for Stallbreaking too.
Spread emphasizes physical bulk, and the spread creeps un-invested base 100s like Celebi.
HP hits a leftovers number. Intimidate really boosts its bulk. You can run more speed if you want but really its a personal preference.
Knock Off is pretty spammable, so if you want to boost it a little while forfeiting passive recovery that's fine too. Also provides a bulkier pivot for Electric Types like Heliolisk.
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 270-320 (70.1 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Surf vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 304-359 (78.9 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 0 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heliolisk: 416-492 (156.9 - 185.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 246-289 (63.8 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Watch out for Focus Miss )
  • 0 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 236-282 (66.6 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Taunt helps wall things like Forretress and preventing Hazards from bulkier setters. People will assume its offensive like its most common sets(only sets besides this one tbh)
The niche over Gligar (as it is generally outclassed) is three things.
  1. Not weak to Knock Off
  2. STAB Knock Off and generally less passive
  3. Access to Intimidate
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Krookodile
@ Leftovers / Dread Plate
EVs: 216 HP / 228 Def / 68 Spe
Impish
Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I've been messing around with Defensive Krook, and it provides really good utility. Checks non-Roost / Aqua Tail M-Aero. Taunt is pretty awesome for Stallbreaking too.
Spread emphasizes physical bulk, and the spread creeps un-invested base 100s like Celebi.
HP hits a leftovers number. Intimidate really boosts its bulk. You can run more speed if you want but really its a personal preference.
Knock Off is pretty spammable, so if you want to boost it a little while forfeiting passive recovery that's fine too. Also provides a bulkier pivot for Electric Types like Heliolisk.
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 270-320 (70.1 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Surf vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 304-359 (78.9 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 0 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heliolisk: 416-492 (156.9 - 185.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 216 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 246-289 (63.8 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Watch out for Focus Miss )
  • 0 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 236-282 (66.6 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Taunt helps wall things like Forretress and preventing Hazards from bulkier setters. People will assume its offensive like its most common sets(only sets besides this one tbh)
The niche over Gligar (as it is generally outclassed) is three things.
  1. Not weak to Knock Off
  2. STAB Knock Off and generally less passive
  3. Access to Intimidate
Enjoy!
I've seen rocky helmet used on that set to decent effect as well, definitely an option to consider.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This set wasn't made by me. Honestly I forget the guy's name who recommended this set to me (if you ever see this post dude feel free to come take credit), so I might be at a loss on some of the details...But I've used it quite a bit and I am impressed by how well it holds up:

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Roost

The guy who made this set recommended it to me in light of the new drops, as it's capable of checking the new drops to UU, as well as some other threats in the tier. I might not be 100% correct on what they're optimized for but the EVs appear to let Moltres survive LO Sheer Force Conkeldurr's Ice Punch, even after Stealth Rock. Generally though, I think he went with 248 HP since Moltres' natural bulk allows it to survive Specs Sylveon's Hyper Voice (also with Stealth Rock), with 176+ Timid to outrun +Spe base 80s. I think the remaining EVs were just dumped into Defense for bulk purposes.

Anyway, this set is surprisingly decent and fun to use--Moltres checks a surprising number of Pokemon with this set, such as Cobalion (with Zapdos gone, they're less inclined to run Stone Edge as I've seen), Conkeldurr (be wary of Thunder Punch), Shaymin, Celebi, Doublade, Metagross, Porygon2, and even Umbreon, to name a few. As with any Moltres set, you NEED to have Defog/Rapid Spin support to use Moltres effectively, but I definitely know this set carries its weight on Balanced and even offensive teams looking for a speedy counter to Sylveon.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 160-189 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Moltres: 161-190 (42 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

edit: I remember the guy's name who made this set! It's sugawara koshi. All credit goes to him

Last edited:
Hey guys! So, when I took over this thread, I didn't know it would be the death of me posting my own creative sets. You see, when you are the judge of the creative sets, and you post your own, you obviously think your creative sets are the best and are going to add them in with the others. It just doesn't seem right to do it that way. Therefore, I will be adding Spoof's Creative Corner to the OP. This way I can still post my sets without people being upset that I automatically put them in with the others.

Other Changes:

Don't feel pressured to have replays. Since I don't spend countless hours on PS everyday anymore, I can see why people struggle to do this. All I ask is that you actually played with the set you posted before. This will prevent things like Natural Gift Cobalion from being posted.

Deleting example post since it was more for Zapdos and now it's gone. You can look at my creative corner for examples on how to post a creative move-set. Zapdos sets will also be deleted from the OP.

I will be adding line banners for the creative, underrated, and spoofs corner to make the op look more fun. I'll undated the thread once I see more sets that are good. Not a lot has been posted and I rather wait for more stuff than to do just a little at a time.

Reactions: nv

Salamence @ Charti Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Dance

Hi, so this is pretty much standard except for the use of Charti Berry. Charti is a pretty great item to use on DD Mence to nab boosts against things like Stone Edge Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, and other threats packing that type of coverage. A +1 Outrage obliterates Mega Aerodactyl (or Iron Tail of you're feeling lucky) and Earthquake can pick off more weakened Cobalion or Steel-types.

Salamence @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Yache is another nice item to use, but moreso for for wallbreaker sets imo. This set is the standard offensive Defog set aside from the use of Yache Berry which is really nice for picking off slightly weakened Mamoswine with Draco Meteor who think it's their lucky day with Ice Shard. It's also cool for tanking random HP Ice to get off an emergency Defog or attack.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate / Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Heal Bell
- Baton Pass

This is gud I swear ;-;
Takes a different approach from the standard Specs set and goes for a more offensive utility presence. Pixie Plate is good for amping up the power of Hyper Voice while Leftovers is nice for the longevity piece to support to team longer. Heal Bell & Baton Pass is what makes this set stand out since Heal Bell is pretty invaluable support for teams that rely on not being statused to perform at maximum capacity. Baton Pass generates momentum rather well, especially since it baits in nearly all Poison and Steel-types in the tier.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

There might be a better spread, but this is what I usually use with Celebi aside from Scarf which is really good. Pretty much a set I've centered around utility in Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and absorbing status. The speed lets you outrun Adamant Lucario which is something and I dumped the rest in bulk. I'm sure this is standard, but there aren't any designated sets yet so...

Entei @ Flame Plate/Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire/Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flame Charge

So I got the inspiration for this set when I lost round 1 of a UU tournament due to this set. I don't remember the guys name but credit definitely goes to him. Anyways, the reason I like this set so much is it turns Entei into a sweeper and allows him to deal with some of his checks. Most notably Mega Aerodactyl. At +1 from Flame Charge, Entei is resting at 448 speed while Mega Aerodactyl sits at 438, allowing Entei to KO with Stone Edge. At -1 Attack, Entei does 65.4 - 77.3% to bulky Gyarados (OHKOs at +2). When pairing this set with Swords Dance + Baton Pass Celebi, it becomes an unstoppable sweeper, only threatened by scarfers like Krookodile (Who still takes 41.6 - 48.9% from an unboosted Extreme Speed). With Entei's massive attack, Flame Charge can still put out decent damage and allow Entei to 2HKO the Mon switching into it. I think it's a very solid set and you should definitely try it out! :]

(And let's be real, when do you ever click Flare Blitz on Entei)

Last edited:

Entei @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire/Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flame Charge

So I got the inspiration for this set when I lost round 1 of a UU tournament due to this set. I don't remember the guys name but credit definitely goes to him. Anyways, the reason I like this set so much is it turns Entei into a sweeper and allows him to deal with some of his checks. Most notably Mega Aerodactyl. At +1 from Flame Charge, Entei is resting at 448 speed while Mega Aerodactyl sits at 438, allowing Entei to KO with Stone Edge. At -1 Attack, Entei does 65.4 - 77.3% to bulky Gyarados (OHKOs at +2). When pairing this set with Swords Dance + Baton Pass Celebi, it becomes an unstoppable sweeper, only threatened by scarfers like Krookodile (Who still takes 41.6 - 48.9% from an unboosted Extreme Speed). With Entei's massive attack, Flame Charge can still put out decent damage and allow Entei to 2HKO the Mon switching into it. I think it's a very solid set and you should definitely try it out! :]

(And let's be real, when do you ever click Flare Blitz on Entei)
Wow, 252 Special Defense Entei!

It should be Spe, not SpD.

Hey TheGlitzPit, nice set, but it shouldn't be better using Flame Plate over Life Orb? With Flame Plate, people will think that your Entei is a Standart CB set, but with Flame Charge, also Life Orb's recoil is very bad on a Pokémon like Entei.​

Anyway, time to post an Underrated Moveset:

Rotom-Mow @ Yache Berry
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
Rotom-Mow is a very good Pokémon, specially when the people think that you're locked and BANG, you cripple them with Will-O-Wisp. This set is used specially to cripple many Pokémon like Mamoswine, Toxicroak and Sceptile-Mega with Will-O-Wisp. Yache Berry is the preferred Item to avoid the 2HKO from Mamoswine, cripple it with Will-O-Wisp and one bonus: Your opponent will think that you're locked. Volt Switch gives you Momentum, Thunderbolt is a strong Special Attack move that can hit Flying-Types for super effective damage. Leaf Storm hit Waters and Ground-Type harder.

Hey TheGlitzPit, nice set, but it shouldn't be better using Flame Plate over Life Orb? With Flame Plate, people will think that your Entei is a Standart CB set, but with Flame Charge, also Life Orb's recoil is very bad on a Pokémon like Entei.​

Anyway, time to post an Underrated Moveset:

Rotom-Mow @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
Rotom-Mow is a very good Pokémon, specially when the people think that you're locked and BANG, you cripple them with Will-O-Wisp. This set is used specially to cripple many Pokémon like Mamoswine, Toxicroak and Sceptile-Mega with Will-O-Wisp. Yache Berry is the preferred Item to avoid the 2HKO from Mamoswine, cripple it with Will-O-Wisp and one bonus: Your opponent will think that you're locked. Volt Switch gives you Momentum, Thunderbolt is a strong Special Attack move that can hit Flying-Types for super effective damage. Leaf Storm hit Waters and Ground-Type harder.
Right as I was adding a Rotom-Mow to my team, sweet :] Gonna try this out.

I too have a Rotom-Mow set...

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt / Trick
To be honest, I just made this set to punish Celebi because it is so common right now. I believe BW OU used signal beam on Rotom-W because Celebi was very common back then as well. After using it a bit more, I realized it works great not just for hitting Celebi, but also other switch ins like Mega Sceptile, Hydreigon, and Shaymin. I do happen to find this more useful on Rotom-C than hp ice as it does significantly more damage to hydra and celebi. Below are the calcs.
Signal Beam
252 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-C Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 424-500 (104.9 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-C Signal Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sceptile: 242-286 (85.8 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-C Signal Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 230-272 (70.7 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-C Signal Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin: 212-250 (62.1 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
vs
Hp Ice
252 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-C Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 170-200 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-C Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sceptile: 388-460 (137.5 - 163.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-C Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 184-218 (56.6 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Rotom-C Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin: 170-200 (49.8 - 58.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Heavy Slam

This is nothing special, but definitely a glossed over set when people talk about forretress. Heavy slam has a lot of value as a way of actually being able to check fairy types.

• 0 Atk Forretress Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 338-398 (102.1 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO instead of...
  • 0 Atk Forretress Gyro Ball (52 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 146-174 (44.1 - 52.5%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO

• 0 Atk Forretress Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 218-258 (60.5 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery instead of...
  • 0 Atk Forretress Gyro Ball (44 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 80-96 (22.2 - 26.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
As you can see, now you have a great emergency check to CM florges and Specs Sylveon. But aside from that, heavy slam also has twice as much PP as gyro ball, meaning you dont get stalled out as easily. Definitely a set to consider on your team, and I never see it being mentioned anywhere.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind / Endeavor
- Poison Jab
- U-Turn
- Protect

Sorry for typos. On mobile

I want to share some cool options I found for bedrolls open move slot. Knock off is always nice here, but to be honest, beedrill isn't doing its job if it's not gaining momentum or outright KOing something with its stabs.

There always comes a time later in the game where bedrill is stuck. If it U-turns out, its team mate dies to the incoming attack, and beedrill dies to rocks on re-entry. On the other hand , if it stays in, it does nothin to the opponent, say mega aggron, who gets a chance to set up and beedrill just dies.

With Endeavor you can punish any late game switchins or walls that will take a huge chunk of damage because of beedrills low HP. If it hasn't been touched, it can survive 4 stealth rocks and leave the opponent with 1 HP after endeavor.

With Tailwind , you allow a teammate to come in and cleanup the mess after beedroll acts as a suicide setter when faced with the situation described above. Stuff like entei, krook or any other hard hitters are great at taking advantage of the few turns of doubled speed.

Both choices are nice to punish a mega aero that tries to revenge sneak in and kill with pursuit, though if you are low enough, you obviously die.

lol watch this nice tailwind
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-379597513

Last edited:
image.png

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Synthesis
-Moonblast
-Psychic

Calm Mind Florges is really the only Florges set worth running now that Sylveon dropped. A big problem with it, though, is how slow it is, so, mons like like Crawdaunt and Conkelldur can come in and revenge kill Florges easily. This set allows Florges to outspeed these two, as well as mons like Machamp and defensive Nidoqueen that would otherwise give Florges trouble. It also retains enough bulk to stomach hits from Herracross, Meinshao, and the like.

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Wanted to show off some fancy sets before Sun & Moon drops later in the year.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

Very underrated/creative set, the ol' sub-seed Sceptile from Gen4 UU inspired me to give this a whirl. Minimum HP for maximum leech seed recovery, and minimum Attack for obvious reasons. This set works to lure it's counters such as Florges, Blissey, Umbreon and take advantage of Substitute and Leech Seed recovery, whilst they can't do much in return. Ideally this works best with entry hazard support; Rocks are a necessity on almost every team, and Spikes + Tspikes make this a real blast to use. Sadly, Pokemon such as Whimsicott and Crobat can give this set some trouble (although Crobat can't take a Dragon Pulse on the switch).

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split

This set I came up with a very long time ago, it works very well with entry hazard support - especially Toxic Spikes. It also lures it's common checks and counters and hits them with an annoying Burn status. The EVs mean that Umbreon's Foul Play does not break sub after being burned. Since this set seems a lot less viable than other standard Chandelure sets, I will provide some replays for your viewing satisfaction.

200 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 198-234 (49 - 57.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage
200 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 190-225 (52.6 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Black Sludge recovery, and burn damage
200 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24+ SpD Florges: 136-162 (37.7 - 45%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage
200 SpA Chandelure Hex (130 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 244-288 (60.8 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and burn damage

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wanted to show off some fancy sets before Sun & Moon drops later in the year.

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

Very underrated/creative set, the ol' sub-seed Sceptile from Gen4 UU inspired me to give this a whirl. Minimum HP for maximum leech seed recovery, and minimum Attack for obvious reasons. This set works to lure it's counters such as Florges, Blissey, Umbreon and take advantage of Substitute and Leech Seed recovery, whilst they can't do much in return. Ideally this works best with entry hazard support; Rocks are a necessity on almost every team, and Spikes + Tspikes make this a real blast to use. Sadly, Pokemon such as Whimsicott and Crobat can give this set some trouble (although Crobat can't take a Dragon Pulse on the switch).
Hey nice set, bro. Lately I've been using something vastly similar (literally the exact same with just a few move differences):

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Leech Seed
I was building a standard offensive Mega Sceptile set, and the idea of using Leech Seed to annoy most of Sceptile's typical checks/counters came to me. I figured you seldom would be clicking Giga Drain unless you were scared to go for Leaf Storm, which in itself was a rare scenario. Using Leech Seed as the foe went to Florges, Snorlax, Doublade, etc. allowed you to switch out and still maintain offensive pressure and momentum against the opponent. It also helps ease dealing with bulky sweepers like Cresselia and Suicune in situations where your team may have trouble breaking them down. Also good for ensuring victory in last-mon scenarios lategame, as well.

Oh yeah, @ Sparrow, don't use 0 HP IVs, even on a Leech Seed set. You aren't really draining more HP from your opponents, your HP pool is just smaller so it appears you're getting more back. It's not worth compromising Sceptile's barely-decent bulk any further, especially when in most cases after using Leech Seed, Sceptile will be switching out anyway.

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Oh yeah, @ Sparrow, don't use 0 HP IVs, even on a Leech Seed set. You aren't really draining more HP from your opponents, your HP pool is just smaller so it appears you're getting more back. It's not worth compromising Sceptile's barely-decent bulk any further, especially when in most cases after using Leech Seed, Sceptile will be switching out anyway.
Thanks CSB, both sets are similar in a way that sub-seed can function the same as yours - most steels don't like getting warn down by repeated leech + subs. You did forget the main reason for 0 HP IVs and that is so I can gain more HP (in terms of percentage); hopefully netting a free Sub more often when HP is low.

Last edited:

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

What started as a joke to scarf bat, actually proved to be quite potent. I found when I lead with this, people tend to switch in Bronzong, Empo, etc thinking they would get free switch ins, only to get a scarf thus hindering most of their sets.

I prefer running Adamant nature as it needs a little extra power because Azelf by itself is quite underwhelming in power. However, against weakened HO/Offense teams it proves to be quite effective. I usually just spam U-Turn or Knock Off.

If for some reason you didn't Trick your scarf right off the bat, this Azelf is a nasty surprise to Agility Ampharos/DD Mence (provided they aren't at like +3 or anything)

Relevant Replay showcasing Azelf clean up:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-380987643

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)