Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Didn't see this thread before :o

Anyway allu seems to be going in another new team which is great because I am a huge fan hehe.. I dont like how is the new NiP, f0rest lately played pretty well and giving him the awp could be a waste. Also Friberg is not anymore the king of banana, his performance in general dropped pretty much.

Thoughts on the new rank system? Ahaha

new rank makes me sad was so close to DMG :[[[

although i haven't lost yet so i haven't deranked. if i just win forever then it'll never happen 8)

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
the new ranking system makes sense they either lowered the amount of players in the higher ranks or do what starcraft2 did and add new ranks and i dont think they want to just throw a couple new ranks into the game

They were ignored by the whole TSM organization, which supported more the LoL team than the csgo which made them upset I guess. Atm they are the TQM (team question mark)

jacob

TSM being an American org made if very difficult to communicate with the Danish players and the relationship slowly feel apart, also most sources say that Team Secret a DOTA org will be the ones to sign old TSM, and RAM is looking for an American based team

I have to applaud them for taking the initiative to start their own team, most people wouldn't have the testicular fortitude to do such a thing. I'd be interested in seeing where this leads to.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have to applaud them for taking the initiative to start their own team, most people wouldn't have the testicular fortitude to do such a thing. I'd be interested in seeing where this leads to.
What a neat way of saying they have balls LOL

But yeah, that sounds super hype tho. Who's devve tho? never seen him in TSM before

The ranking system still has a few issues... I was gn3, demoted to silver elite master after the shift, started getting 30-40 frags a game and accused of being a smurfing <insert euw curse words>, lost 1 game and demoted to silver elite ?_? I guess I'm where the system wants me to be? Wonder how many games it will be before volvo actually pays attention

Anyone here bother with the trading scene? I was tempted to try trading my knife upwards but csgolounge is difficult as everyone else also wants to trade upwards, so any offers for your stuff is way under the usual prices :(

Also surfing is great fun, but i can only beat some tier 1 maps so i got some more learning to do but its a great waste of time

The WarOwl did a great video explaining the ranking changes here. Like Showdown!, CS:GO matchmaking uses and ELO ranking system. Valve's update changes the ranking thresholds in order to rebalance the majority of players into the GN4 range (Which, according to Valve, should be the "average" player.) Your actual RANK doesn't change, just what shows up when you complete a match.

Honestly I prefer the new rank system, it makes every rank more balanced, before the fix I played (my rank is always around mg2-mge) against mge who were pretty good, and other who sucks... GE was easy to reach, which isn't a good thing for valve. The new rade system is shit, 72 hours is way too much :/
Start playing on faceit if you care much about your rank, honestly I know many people which are very good but with a not high rank, because mm is bs

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What a neat way of saying they have balls LOL

But yeah, that sounds super hype tho. Who's devve tho? never seen him in TSM before
device changed his name to devve because that's what all his buds + team call him

Anyone here bother with the trading scene? I was tempted to try trading my knife upwards but csgolounge is difficult as everyone else also wants to trade upwards, so any offers for your stuff is way under the usual prices :(
don't use lounge to trade, it's just lowballers and people spamming trade links. use the r/globaloffensivetrade subreddit instead, you probably won't be able to trade upwards by 1:1'ing, but if you buy cheap things in bulk or snipe good deals from new stores, you can easily earn a few extra keys to use towards that knife tradeup.

jacob

stewie is a high risk low reward pickup for c9 im not to big of a fan on it, Liquid picking up s1mple made them the best team in na and clg picking up fugly might even make clg better then c9.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
IM GN2 NOW WHAT UP BITCHES. i just did my frist 2 overwatches oo

anyways what did u think of gs global esports. azubu sucks. i think cloud9 have some promise if they get a coach but there isnt really any coaches they can get

Anyway... Operation Wildfire.

Might as well provoke some discussion. What is your opinion on the new Nuke? How are the new maps? Do any of the new maps show potential to enter the Active Duty roster?

I personally LOVE the new nuke. I'm a sucker for mobility, and nuke is now the unarguable king of it. Tons of vertical, too, which very few other maps have if any. It makes the game less of "can the opponent have gotten there in time" and more "where would the opponent position himself for this specific scenario". tons of really fun boosts too - I heard that there's a possible three-man boost that lets T's look through the skylights into heaven.

I've also changed up a lot of how I play; I changed my sensitivity from 8.5 in/360 (21.7 cm/360) to 50 cm/360, and from 16:9 1366x768 to 4:3 1024x768. They both surprisingly worked out for the better for me, despite being used to my old sensitivity for over a thousand cumulative hours of gaming (including TF2, etc).

Also, if you're looking to change your sens anytime soon, I'd recommend looking at this: http://pastebin.com/ZQU4v2Zg I put it together a long time ago, and how I got my 8.5 in/360, but the most important part is that it syncs your in-game and desktop sensitivities instead of having two seperate ones. (for the curious, I'm now using 200 dpi + 4.15 in-game.)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I love nuke, never tried out any earlier versions of it but it's pretty cute and compact.

All the maps in Wildfire suck major ass except for Empire which is dank. Cruise is utter shit, Tullip is fucking terrible, and all the others are mediocre or worst, but the former two are the ones I hate the most.

jacob

So I started playing cs again after the new operation dropped and since I last played the game feels so different everyone sounds like a horse and very few of my old smokes work

All I can say about new nuke is ladders

leremyju

Banned deucer.
jacob what happened to ur smurf acc?

im gn1 now and i think nuke is very t sided. i think playing 2 outside is the best bet currently as there are so many angles t's can come at you from outside

jacob

jacob what happened to ur smurf acc?

im gn1 now and i think nuke is very t sided. i think playing 2 outside is the best bet currently as there are so many angles t's can come at you from outside
im playing on a friends account atm since i dont have either of my old accounts they somehow got hacked while i was away for 7 months lol, im gn1 as well but im also getting like 30 kills a game with little effort so i should be higher but i guess thats what happens when you take that long of a break

jacob

if the major is anything like this crazy ass qualifier then it should be the best tournament ever, the one million dollar prize pool is already showing that extra money can make lower tier teams outplay there normal performance.

half the problem is that the wildfire maps are usually played on casual unless you are mad enough to play them in competitive, which can really distort ur opinion of them (santorini is ok even in casual imo) but why are there so many goddam open sightlines in mid for half the map pool, if you flank the other side of mid in casual its an easy 2k+ with all the awps or ssg dudes doing the missions

i've just been doing said missions and avoiding comp cuz gimme the dragon lore drops - speaking of which has anyone had a half decent drop from this? ive had 2 whites and they were both army sheens -_-
got a st mw ssg08 from a wildfire case which aint so bad (in terms of profit at least)

new nuke is w.e

na cs EleGiggle

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm SEM again despite the rank nerf, I guess I'm getting better.
I really, really love the new Nuke. Not playing the rest of wildfire tho, they are all ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)