Project Community Create-a-Team! - Submission Phase (Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting AM's SG Magearna. One of my favorite sweepers ever, and can snowball out of control pretty quickly. Awesome sweeper imo

mega lati cause its the most interesting mon (not named darm)

Exploudit after a mon gets voted for and its on the team, is its set able to be changed or is it "locked" into whatever it was when it got voted for?

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
I'd vote for darm but seeing as it's LO and not CB DARM I guess my vote goes for Specs Koko

Exploudit after a mon gets voted for and its on the team, is its set able to be changed or is it "locked" into whatever it was when it got voted for?
No it can be changed after every round, say we picked Volcarona round 1 and added like another Heatran weak mon round 2 we could always change Volcarona to HP Ground over Giga Drain, this won't be done by voting but rather by letting people suggest those changes and I and Mega meganium will decide wether or not the suggestion is approved, if there's no concense we can possibly open a pool? idk. But definitely no moveset lock.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Okay so here's our winner! Please go very in depth when submitting Gengar's first partner. And keep in mind that Gengar's moveset can still be changed later on, just don't count on it! And most importantly, have fun, I'll update the OP later on when I can!

Last edited:
change tbolt to trick since physdef and mixed celes is common now and its not like av tornadus is running around, and id much rather be able to actually touch chansey.

reserving koko

Last edited:
Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

So, first, check this post for some replays that show I'm not talking out of my ass here. Then come back here.

A big problem Gengar has nowadays is that, now that Dugtrio is out, teams are adding Weavile or Tyranitar as alternative methods of trapping wallbreakers. Gengar could get around Dugtrio, but not Pursuit. The next best thing is to have a mon in the wings that can take advantage of these Pursuit-locked mons to set up and sweep.

Shift MaGearna sets up on the tier's Pursuit trappers, and in general is just threatening as hell for more fragile offensive builds that are thriving these days. The Iron Head set is picked here because Gengar's two best switch-ins, Chansey and AV Magearna, are chunked by it -- whether or not Magearna actually picks up the KOs on these two, Gengar will have a much easier time of it clicking a STAB later to pick them off.

Of course, sometimes, it'll make more sense to send Gengar in earlier and save Magearna for cleaning up. Gengar's ability to do 50%-60% to large chunks of the tier (especially physically defensive mons and Steel-types) is a godsend for Magearna, which just needs a little nudge to turn 2HKOs into OHKOs and start picking up Soul Heart boosts that much easier.

The exact choice of coverage isn't really worth figuring out this early in the teambuilding process, but I listed it as Focus Blast for the sake of argument. Ice Beam and Dazzling Gleam and other things could go there.

Last edited:
HNNNG THATS WHAT I WAS GONNA DO

Ill reserve heatran then
Ohh I didn't see you reserved Koko. You can take it, my bad!

I'll take Landorus-T then.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-T is one of the most reliable Stealth Rockers in the tier, being able to support Gengar and ensuring Stealth Rock against most teams, specially stall, which kind of annoys SpecsGar, since Toxapex and Chansey can wall it if both are healthy. Landorus-T also helps by racking up loads of damage along with Gengar and is especially threatening to AV Magearna, which can't Volt Switch on Lando-T. In return Landorus-T outspeeds and cleanly OHKO's any variant of Magearna.

Last edited:

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Nvm I'm gonna take Heracross-Mega

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
These two form an incredible wallbreaking core, with Gengar taking care of the fairies and psychics that trouble Heracross while Hera takes on the steels and darks. In particular, I wanted an answer to, T-tar, Alolan Muk and Celesteela. Heracross can 2HKO the defensive variant:
252+ Atk Heracross-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 220-259 (55.2 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Gengar can 2HKO the offensive variant itself with Shadow Ball so it's not an issue. What separates Heracross from the other fightings is that it doesn't rely on HJK, which isn't very good to use vs Celesteela. Muk-Alolan has poor physical bulk and Ttar is 4x weak to CC, so both don't handle it well.
The moveset is self-explanatory - SD boosts its attack to pretty much unwallable levels, the dual STAB cover a good portion of the metagame and Rock Blast covers Fires and Flyings that attempt to exploit Heracross. Adamant gives it the power it needs to truly break through teams. Guts lets it function even if it gets burned without having to use SD, though Moxie could be used to gain boosts before you evolve. Both are rather situational so it doesn't matter.
Heracross-Mega is an incredibly effective breaker, and Gengar synergizes with it nearly perfectly.

Last edited:
NVM doing Magnezone
Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 140 HP / 192 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone can trap Celesteela, which otherwise is a problem for Gengar. It also has access to a slow Volt Switch to bring in Gengar safely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)