Project Community Create-a-Team! - Submission Phase (Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Community Create-a-Team

approved by Gary
co-hosted with Mega meganium
banner by Blazenix

Teambuilding has always been one of the most important aspects of Pokémon, but it still can be quite difficult to cover the innumerous possibilities of sets and Pokémon you could run into with just a team of six. But as we all know, a problem shared is a problem halved, so joining the OU community together makes idenfying threats and finding solution that much easier when creating a team.

Rules

Every team will be created in stages, where in the first stage, people submit a single Pokémon or a core we will be building the team around and then we vote on which submission will actually consist the team. After we have done this for all six Pokémon, we'll take a look through the team and decide if any coverage moves should be changed or any EV spreads modified, after that, we'll be finally done with the team and start another from scratch.

When submitting please follow these rules:
  • Avoid unviable Pokémon, anything uninportant in the OU scene will have to be ignored, posting an unranked 'mon is fine for as long as you specify its niche and wht it accomplishes for the team, but submissions for Pokémon like Dusknoir, Crabominable, or Vikavolt will be excluded from voting.
  • Additionally, avoid unviable sets. Physical Ash Greninja, Timid Kartana, or Merciless Toxapex, for example, will be excluded from voting as well.
  • Make sure to emphasize what your submissions does for the team, submitting a Pokémon only because you like it is not what we're going for here.
  • If someone already posted the Pokémon you wanted to submit please avoid doing so. Unless you post a different set; for example, one person submits Assault Vest Magearna while another person submits Shift Gear Magearna; or one person submits Rock Polish Landorus-T while another person submits Leftovers Landorus-T
You can use this template for Submissions:

Name of the Pokemon: Mega Diancie
Set:
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Earth Power
Rationale: I chose Mega Diancie beacuse...

When voting please follow these rules:
  • Please vote for only one option. If you vote for more then one submission your vote will not be counted.
  • If possible try to give a brief explanation on why you are voting for the submition you're voting for.
  • Don't vote for your own submissions. If you do your vote will not count.
When proposing changes please follow these rules:
  • Give explanation on why to change what you're proposing to change, even if it is a simple EV spread modification or anything, don't just pull a list of suggestions and not explain your reasoning behind it.
  • Please share your thoughts on other people's proposions, this allows for healthy discussion and more optimal teams.
  • Don't try to vote for changes or something, I'll do it myself but considering everyone's suggestions.
Current Team

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice

I reckon that as a start this is a Pokemon that fits on many different builds and isn't super restrictive, like a Mega.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Darmanitan is an offensive powerhouse that can run through bulky, slower teams with its Flare Blitz. Offensive Fire-types are super anti-meta right now, so I believe this Pokemon has a shot at being a real threat. Darmanitan is very frail and can be easily worn down by Stealth Rock, but I'm sure it can be a great starting point for a offensive or balance team.

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 464-547 (66 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 308-363 (78.3 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Electric

I feel like Specs Keldeo is a pretty underrated breaker; while it does get walled by the common Toxapex and M-Venusaur, I still think it can be effective in the current metagame since it does pressure builds that rely on things like AV Tangrowth as their water resist since it can 2HKO it after Stealth Rock with Secret Sword and that it would be a fun Pokémon to build around.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Specs Gengar is, imo, a really nice (and underrated) balance breaker that isn't too common in the metagames right now, and it also has the merit of not being a deadweight against offence because of it's nice speed tier. While it does need quite a bit of team support (mainly for Av mag as well as for chansey), I feel like it can still be a good mon to start a team with.

Kazt

Banned deucer.
Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

THE BEST

Btw guys, if anyone wants to help me host this thread, please send me a PM. A co-host would really make things a lot easier!

EDIT: Mega meganium will be co-hosting it alonside me

Last edited:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus is a cool mon because a lot of the fatter teams rn don't really have a lot to stop it after a few CMs, and what it does have is usually highly suspectible to spikes from partners. Being one of like 3 switchins to medi is also really nice.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Glad to see this project back, good job man

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

One of my favourite mons to use as of late and smt I've been experimenting with during the suspect. Carrying a zcrystal>specs reduces its damage output which can backfire in some scenarios but the tradeoff is rly good imo. Having the freedom to switch moves and click Spikes on forced switches is amazing, you can even bluff specs and dpulse a Mew switchin on "locked" Spikes. The zmove lets you get surprise kills on a number of mons, namely maw zap mag etc. Check blunders post on it for further explanation if you want, thats where I got the set from

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Zard X was one of the primary threats back in XY and in ORAS, giving trouble to almost any team with his enormous damage output and sweeping capabilities, held by the fact that he didn't need much support to devastated a good chunk of the metagame however, he lost a lot of shine in the SM, being left as a subpar choice for Pokemon to build with, however, this can be actually used in Zard's favor since not many teams are well prepared to deal with Zard X, which makes him similar to Volcarona in a sense, as a not well prepared team could easily be cleaned if the user prepares the battlefield for a proper sweep with this beast. Edit: The ban of Arena Trap is both a good and a bad thing for Zard X. The good thing it's that it obviously cannot be trapped and killed by Dugtrio. In the other hand, Zard X appreciated things like Heatran and Toxapex pressured, and the fact that Shed Shell was a common item on these Pokemon helped Zard X break them more easily thanks to no passive recovery, which in my opinion is what makes Earthquake Zard X more viable in the current metagame, serving as bait to Pokemon that do not expect the Earthquake or expect Zard to mega evolve to Y since it's much more common.

Last edited:

Volcarona @ Bugnium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

While this set is nothing super innovative, I feel like building aroung Bugnium Z Volcarona should be pretty cool, this set should be well known but for those who dont know about it, Bugnium Z allows Volcarona not only to break past the Latis and Tyranitar that would otherwise wall, but also deal with Garchomp and Zyagrde after some chip. Volcarona also makes an interesting 'mon to build around I feel, as it requires a considerable amount of support from its teammates but it can really pay off as one of the better late game cleaners and set up sweepers in the tier.

Last edited:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rationale: A perennial threat that sorta falls on and off the radar, Suicune is not currently the talk of the town, but it's by no means irrelevant. In a Dugtrio-less meta, MagmaTran are seeing a resurgence as methods of battering and harassing fat mons; while standard Crocune is dissuaded from Resting by Heatran's Taunt and standard Vincune has no way to remove Toxic damage on the switch, a 'hybrid' set can repeatedly switch into Heatran over the course of a match, outspeed, and then heal up or set up or just use the best move in the game. While something like Shed Shell Pex (for skipping Mstorm -> Tectonic Rage) can also accomplish this, Pex is fucking boring, has a worse matchup vs. bandTar (a good Heatran partner), and can't "pressure" the opposing team right away.

Suicune is nice as the centerpiece of a CCAT because, while not particularly 'needy' (i.e. Volcarona, or even Sub+Protect Suicune), it still very much appreciates supports such as hazard stacking (Toxic Spikes in particular), additional Pressure stalls, and lures for its specific hard-counters (Haze and Unaware). If we end up making Veil, it can get a lot out of that too. Basically, besides "bulky", Suicune doesn't lock us into any particular team structure right off the bat, which is always cool.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

offensive mega zor is extremely good right now, most defensive checks do not like losing their item. especially things like tran, zapdos etc and celes is barely a pokemon without leftovers. adamant max attack knock lets you win the 1v1 vs thapex (sometimes... Its still a toxapex) and skarm that lack whirlwind. you outspeed magnezone and since most people go directly into it you sd on the switch then kill with +2 knock. offensive teams get crushed because +2 bp hits extremely hard and most things cannot reliably 2hko so things like pinsir, cm mage, kartana and other scizor are set up on.

like everything else it appreciates hazards but especially spikes for the extra chip vs heatran, toxapex, and magnezone. having other offensive pokemon with it are best as its extremely easy to clean up with it when its few checks are within bp range.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Mega Camerupt the GOAT. Thing can obliterate so many defensive Pokémon, such as Toxapex, Celesteela, Clefable, Zapdos, Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, AV Magearna, most Mew, and more. Without Duggy to worry about, it seems destined for greatness.

I think its safe to start voting. Please read the rules on OP before voting. Here are your options:

note: since AM didn't specify his Magearna set, I decided its set to be the following:
Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul Heart
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Shift Gear

yuruuu's Choice Specs Tapu Koko

boxofkangaroos' Life Orb Darmanitan
AM's Shift Gear Magearna
starry blanket's Calm Mind Mega Latias
écalarte's Choice Specs Keldeo
Le teamribou's Choice Specs Gengar
Posho Alola's Swords Dance Garchomp
Mega meganium's Calm Mind Reuniclus
Leo's Waterium Z Ash Greninja
Dziga's Earthquake Mega Charizard X
Exploudit's Bugnium Z Volcarona
Akumeoy's CroCune Suicune
Night Train Lane's Offensive Mega Scizor
Sultan of Skook's Stealth Rock Mega Camerupt

Finally, I vote for starry blanket's Mega Latias. Latias is a really cool mon and I think it can provide some interesting challenge when it comes to building around it.

I vote for Akumeoy's CroCune : being able to destroy such a large amount of these bulkier team after you killed toxapex is really nice in the current metagame. Also, this isn't a mon you see everyday, so I feel like it might be interesting to build around it.

I vote for Le teamribou's Choice Specs Gengar.

We haven't had a teambuild for Gengar as far as I can remember, and for such a versatile mon that thrives in the current OU meta due to its solid speed tier and lack of switch ins to stab boosted shadow balls, it covers a huge variety of threats which can be especially useful for laddering.

I'm going for Leo's Waterium Z Ash-Greninja , Ash Ninja is without arguing one of the most threatening powerhouses in the current scenario, and I really like the idea of abusing the fact that Specs is the predominant set to bait incoming threats and crush them with Hydro Vortex or setting up Spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)