Mafia vs Village Castlevania Mafia: Dracula's Curse [GAME OVER: VILLAGE WINS]

During 15th Century Europe, there lived a person named Dracula. He practiced sorcery in order to create a bad world filled with evil. He began taking over the Continent of Europe, changing countries from good to bad. The good people of Europe tried to fight off Dracula, but no one was able to survive. Finally, the Belmont family was summoned to battle Dracula's vile forces. The Belmont family has a long history of fighting evil. The townspeople became afraid of the Belmont's super-human power and asked them to leave the country. Fortunately the people found a mighty Belmont, called Trevor. The curse of Dracula has begun. The fate of Europe lies with Trevor.

Welcome to Wallachia. Dracula's army, The Cursed, spread far and wide throughout the region and too distant from their master, sought to rebel and gain control over the land that was rightfully theirs. Dracula's Inner Circle remained loyal, however, seeking to quash the insurgence. The squabble unbeknownst to Trevor Belmont, he and his posse of Vampire Hunters set out to kill everything and free the good people of Wallachia.

Rules:
Factions:
The Cursed are a village faction. Dracula's Inner Circle and the Vampire Hunters are two mafia factions. There are no other factions.

Aliases/Lynching:

Each of you has an alias in addition to your role. This alias acts as an identity. All actions in this game target aliases rather than users. When you lynch, you will vote to lynch an alias rather than a user. Please bold your lynch vote if you want it to be counted. At the end of each cycle, the aliases that voted for the day's lynch will be revealed in alphabetical order. Tie votes result in no lynch. There may or may not be effects which alter the vote total, and I will not reveal true vote counts. All aliases and roles were randomly assigned.

Role PMs/Game Etiquette:

You may not copy and paste the full text of your role PM. You may not share screenshots of any kind. You may not add people to game related conversations without the consent of everyone currently in it (including me). You may not attempt to impersonate other users. You may paraphrase your role PM, describe flavor and abilities in your own words, copy/paste your win condition or role name verbatim, or fake logs with anyone. I reserve the right to make any assessment with regard to game ethics.

Add me to all Smogon Conversations related to this game that you create. Invite me to all discord servers, and all sheets (ghostwheelsda@gmail.com)

Game Progression:

This game will be in Unicycle format. While typically lynch votes are cast during the day and roles are used during the night, we combine day and night into one cycle. You will cast a lynch vote for the cycle while submitting the action in your Role PM. First, the person with the most votes will be lynched, then "night" actions will resolve, players receive results, and the next cycle begins.

Death and Communication:

Mafia factions know their teammates. This is an Outside Communication game, you may speak at any time in any venue, but we recommend finding players in #circus on the Social Forums Discord (ask if you don't have this). When you die there will be no way to revive you, and you will no longer be able to talk to living players about the game. The exception, however, is that Mafia members who die may discuss the game with their teammates only.

Winning:

Each team must eliminate the others. The village win condition is:

You are allied with The Cursed. You win if the Vampire Hunters and Dracula’s Inner Circle are eliminated.

Priority:

Is set before the game. You may ask me about priority, I will probably not answer.

Weapons:
Some players have a line in their role PM that says they start with a specific weapon. Each cycle, a player may consume 1 heart to use a single weapon they are holding in addition to their other actions as specified below. Aside from the Holy Water, I will not tell you how many weapons are in this game, but I will tell you that there are no other types of items. Weapons may be passed at low priority. Weapons on the deceased pass to their killers upon death, but any duplicates in the killer's possession must then be passed the following cycle.

Knife - A simple projectile that while slow and weak, flies straight and true. Each night you may target an <alias>. If someone else is targeting <alias> with a non-weapon ability, <alias> will be distracted and unable to do anything that night.

Axe - A throwing axe that is tossed in a parabolic arc. Each night you my target an <alias>. While <alias> is looking up, you'll get a good look at what weapons they were using that night. The axe will also hit <alias>, causing them to drop a heart (which you'll pick up), and be killed instead if they have no hearts to lose.

Cross - A boomerang cross with a wide hitbox and solid defensive utility. Each night you may throw the cross in the direction of <alias1> so that it returns toward <alias2>. <alias1> will be happy to have a cross in front of them, and they will be protected from kills that night. As the cross returns, however, <alias1> will be forced to look at <alias2> and the following cycle will have to cast their vote for them.

Holy Water - A bottle of holy water that breaks on the ground and bursts into flames. Each cycle, you may throw the bottle at <alias>. Anyone who targets <alias> with a non-weapon, non-kill action will be turned away by the flames, unable to complete any actions they were taking. Any alias which targets <alias> with ANY action will be revealed in the next day's update. You know that there are 3 Holy Waters, and who is revealed by which one will not be revealed. Finally, <alias> will be unable to receive protection from your (the weapon wielder's) faction.

Stopwatch - A true classic, the stopwatch is able to temporarily halt time. Unlike the other weapons, this costs 5 hearts to use. The cycle it is used, the wielder will have total immunity from all actions and the lynch, and everything they do will succeed. This is the highest priority action in the game.

Hearts:
Hearts are this game's ammunition. They are not considered items, and they may not be given or traded. There may be abilities which affect a player's heart count, however. All players regardless of faction start the game with one heart. Each villager will gain a heart if at the end of the cycle they are on the majority wagon and a Mafia is lynched. A villager on a majority wagon which mislynches a villager (except on cycle 1) will lose a heart, however. Each Mafia member will gain a heart whenever a villager dies for any reason.

Stealing:
Each faction has a standard way to steal weapons. The village may use this action twice per cycle, and each mafia may use it once per cycle. If more try, they will all fail in a way which is indistinguishable from normal role failure. In addition, there may be other abilities attached to roles which steal items.
A player using this action may submit in their PM NX - Steal from <alias>. This is a generic steal, and they would take all weapons in <alias>'s possession that aren't duplicates of ones you have if successful. This action is slower than weapon use.

They may also specify a weapon they want with NX - Steal <weapon> from <alias>. They will only receive that specific weapon type if it is on <alias>'s person, but this action is faster than the generic steal and slower than uses of that weapon.

Finally, a player stealing a specific weapon may enhance this action by submitting NX - Bid <X> hearts to steal <weapon> from <alias>. This action is faster than the above steal, and will increase in speed the more hearts are paid. All paid steals are faster than uses of weapons which aren't the stopwatch.

Playerlist:

Alive(7):

Jalmont
KnightsofCydonia
MK007
Paperblade
Ullar
penguin344
shubaka17

Alias List (7):

Magician
Mandragora
Mercury
Neptune
Salamander
Unicorn
Uranus

Dead:

acidphoenix/Griffin/Hunchback/The Cursed/Rogue x Number of Hearts/Killed by Hunters C1

Earlio/Black Dog/Frankenstein's Monster/Dracula's Inner Circle/BG+Team Weapon Foil/Lynched C2
Flyhn/Thunderbird/Bone Pillar/The Cursed/Martyr+Heart Swap/Killed by Hunters C2
Hiltmonleet/Pluto/Giant Spider/The Cursed/Tracker/Killed by Dracula C2
Haruno/Venus/Mummies/The Cursed/Hooker/Burned to Death C2

Aura Guardian/Golem/Alucard/Vampire Hunters/(Bat) Mole+Team Watcher (Vampire) Weapon Protect/Killed by an Axe C2

Thetwinmasters/Saturn/Dracula/Dracula's Inner Circle/1/2 Thief+Transform/Lynched C3
julienrg/Mars/Cyclops/The Cursed/BG+Weapon OG for a heart/Killed by Dracula C3
Oddish./Jupiter/Sypha Belnades/Vampire Hunters/Magic Weapons+Prio Down/Killed by an Axe C3

zorbees/Serpent/Grant Danasty/Vampire Hunters/Double+Triple Shot+Knife Proficiency+Ability Check/Lynched C4
Memoric/Diana/Doppelganger/Dracula's Inner Circle/"Me First"+Item Copy/Killed by Hunters C4
Asek/Apollo/Flying Gargoyle/The Cursed/Heart Count Alternating Adjuster/Fated to die C4

MoodyCloud/Cockatrice/Dreath/Dracula's Inner Circle/Investigate+Spectral Kill+Cross Proficiency/Endgamed C5
Granny Pie/Manticore/Trevor Belmont/Vampire Hunters/Double+Triple Shot+1/2 Thief+Generic Steal Immune/Endgamed C5

Role PMs going out now. Please do not post until I have sent them all.

Last edited:
Got this question a couple times so I'll say it here. As a Bodyguarding effect, the cross may not be used to self target.

I also corrected a typo I made when describing Holy Water, it does not protect from kill actions.

Hi everyone. I hope no more than two people are planning on using the steal. Please state in this thread if you are using a steal. I am using one for sure. Keep that in mind.

Also Twin isn't trying to lead the village so chances are high he is mafia. Please don't give him any information.

Thanks.

All results are out. It is now Cycle 1, which will end 1 AM EST July 3rd unless people want a different deadline

Kills and lynches are now active. It is important to note that villagers gain hearts by lynching correctly, and this cycle only won't lose any for mislynching. Get out there and vote! And send in your actions!

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
All results are out. It is now Cycle 1, which will end 1 AM EST July 3rd unless people want a different deadline

Kills and lynches are now active. It is important to note that villagers gain hearts by lynching correctly, and this cycle only won't lose any for mislynching. Get out there and vote! And send in your actions!
Mind explaining this?
Do lynches autokill?
Do villagers all lose a heart upon myslynch? since this wasn't in the op

fuck it, there's aliases, I'll be fine

I claim inspector, and I am the Skeleton my role gives me the target alias's Role Name and Win Condition. Since there are aliases in this game, and I am having so many trust issues in Draft Mafia, I've decided to shirk all the middle men in this game and lead it myself. Claim to me on Discord or here on smogon. I'll be here most of the night, and will get back to you in less than eight hours, or you money back guaranteed.

Mind explaining this?
Do lynches autokill?
Do villagers all lose a heart upon myslynch? since this wasn't in the op
Yeah the lynch gets resolved at high priority, then night actions resolve.

Each mafia gain a heart at the end of a cycle whenever a villager dies for any reason.
Each villager gains a heart at the end of the cycle if they were on the majority wagon and that wagon lynched mafia
If a villager is on a majority wagon that mislynches a town, they lose a heart instead. Since it's C1 however, it would be far too swingy if that rule were to come into play now, so you can vote without fear today.
If a villager doesn't vote, their heart count won't change as a result of the lynch.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Tried using steal, guess it wasn't just me that tried it as well lol since i thought people would follow jalmont and since no one posted about it, free af steal .-.

jalmont-Today at 2:08 AM
Who did you inspect
spinster-Today at 2:09 AM
I inspected the Hunchback
and i cba to find them before doing all this shit
so I will instead just lead the town
and designate the hunchback as my second

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)