Cars / Automotive Thread

Raidx

Banned deucer.
Unless I'm blind, I surprisingly haven't seen any car threads in this forum seeing how popular cars are today, so I made this thread just for that. Everything car related whether it's favorite car, car news, etc feel free to post :)

To start, my favorite car is and will always be the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII and IX. Amazing designs, 4-wheel drive and turbo 2L I4 engine are just <3. Gotta get one of those before I die :p

Sadly, atm I don't drive (no license, just a permit >.>), but I'm always looking at cars and I saw this Mazda RX7 FC (beautiful car) for sale for $2700. Definitely thinking about getting it for when I do get that license.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I like Mazdas.

There are a lot of electric cars coming to market in the next 5 years (lots of projects were signed off 3-4 years ago and this is generally how long it takes to develop a new product in the auto industry... unless you're Elon Musk and don't do beta testing). It remains to be seen if there's a sustainable mass-market for EVs without government subsidies. Solid state batteries are coming and that might be the key factor. In any case, I'm willing to bet a fairly substantial amount of £££ that Tesla will either cease to exist or be bought out by 2023.

Last edited:

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
I wonder what electric cars aimed at "regular" car guys would look like. I feel as if all of them are marketed to a younger audience as of now and if they are really the future, than someone's bound to design one that combines the futuristic electric car look and the classic look.

Also here's a weird car I worked on in autolab

Attachments

Huge car enthusiast here. I'm currently looking to get a different car, for reference I drive a 2000 BMW 528i/5. It's an excellent car that drives well, is in great shape, and gets wonderful mileage. However it's low on the power side, and not very modable. (I'm looking to get into tuning and modifying cars.)
The cars I'm considering are
Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8t
BMW E46 330ci
Audi Ur-S4
Audi B5 A4 1.8t
Mazda RX-8
Honda Prelude
just to name some. All have their strengths and flaws.

Raidx

Banned deucer.
Back when I was younger I liked the Mk4 Golfs but as I got old I sorta lost interest in them tbh. Don't really appeal to me anymore, but E46s man, those as well as the E36 and E30 are some sick cars.

Back when I was younger I liked the Mk4 Golfs but as I got old I sorta lost interest in them tbh. Don't really appeal to me anymore, but E46s man, those as well as the E36 and E30 are some sick cars.
Yeah, can't go wrong with a 3 series. I drove a 330ci 5 speed, and it was super smooth and enjoyable to drive. I did find a GTI with low miles in pretty good shape that I'm hoping to pick up before the end of this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)