CAPTT 3 Discussion & Trash Talk Thread

Sunny Side-Up Sunkerns: [Money: 11500 | Bidders: animusmajulous, snorlaxintheway] Players: Jho, SHSP, Demantoid, Ming549, ItzViper482, Infamy, StellaCAP, PenQuin, ScarfWynaut, Mova, Serenes Grace

Tier Analysis:
SM: animus/snorly/jho/shsp/verru/pen
ORAS: animus/verru/pen
Dubs: demantoid/ming/scarf?
LC:viper/infamy/grace

The team is kinda weak in SM. Not super weak, but... there's not an oomph. There's a good number of players and the subs plans seem pretty solid. I don't really see any potential for johns from this team. Decent range, decent players... But where are the stars?

Big Name Power: Animus... and... Infamy? Infamy is a big name right? I mean we all know of him, but do we know him for the right reasons?

Team Affinity: The team has snorly. This pretty much guarantees that relationships and frenliness is not a priority. And I'm trying really, really hard but I just can't see any ships. Mova's art is really the only thing that can possibly save this team and make sure that they work together well. Art vs the world!
HUH MY GUY WHERES MY BIG NAME POWER????????????????????
IVE WON AN ENTIRE 3 GAMES IN THIS TIER

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
rip sorry Drew, based on the above looks like sammy doesn't return ur feelings.

[17:38:58] dre*w*: u werent supposed to leak i wqas popping the question ._.
[17:39:54] %HeaLnDeaL ): D:
[17:40:04] %HeaLnDeaL ): dun worry I'm still sure he'll say yes ^^
[17:40:11] dre*w*: ^^

Time for another edition of....
Sunny Side-Up Sunkerns: [Money: 11500 | Bidders: animusmajulous, snorlaxintheway] Players: Jho, SHSP, Demantoid, Ming549, ItzViper482, Infamy, StellaCAP, PenQuin, ScarfWynaut, Mova, Serenes Grace

Tier Analysis:

The team is kinda weak in SM. Not super weak, but... there's not an oomph. There's a good number of players and the subs plans seem pretty solid. I don't really see any potential for johns from this team. Decent range, decent players... But where are the stars?

Big Name Power: Animus... and... Infamy? Infamy is a big name right? I mean we all know of him, but do we know him for the right reasons?

Team Affinity: The team has snorly. This pretty much guarantees that relationships and frenliness is not a priority. And I'm trying really, really hard but I just can't see any ships. Mova's art is really the only thing that can possibly save this team and make sure that they work together well. Art vs the world!
Saying me and offler aren't big power is actually the biggest mistake I've seen all year, especially if animus is listed lol. Also, saying my team is weak in any area aside from a very specific one that you didn't even mention is proof you have no clue what you're talking about lol

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Saying me and offler aren't big power is actually the biggest mistake I've seen all year, especially if animus is listed lol. Also, saying my team is weak in any area aside from a very specific one that you didn't even mention is proof you have no clue what you're talking about lol
Are you doubting your king demanoid? get in line, pleb.

Also ye there's a very good reason why I didn't list you as a great. At least when hendrix lost to cooldog he made a dope video about it. You just complained, complained, complained.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Heal you are a fucking savage for that post above lmao

Yea omg LucarioOfLegends you could have spent that outrageous 4K on some other players smh can't believe you Overpaid on me like what the fuck

For real though I'm finna come in and throw some heat at whoever thinks I'm a shit player.

Presenting sparktrain's Best Buys! I'm going to list 5 players that I think were either fantastic pickups for their team, or went for way less than they could have went for. Not gonna include people from my team. Credit to Coconut for the idea :)

5. Airwind - 13k - Krilowatts
Kicking off my list is CAP's resident Chilean player and cat lover, Airwind. While he wasn't a super cheap buy, he easily could've gone for a much higher price, and he's a great player who should definitely be able to pull his weight in this tournament. He's a newcomer to CAPTT, but he's proven that he can perform well in a tournament setting, with impressive showings in the Spring Seasonal and Cyclohm Cup. Expect Airwind to be a SM powerhouse for the Krilowatts.

4. Alice Kazumi - 3k - Malacondas
Alice Kazumi managed to fly under the radar this time around despite being a returning player, with jas picking her up near the end for 3k. Alice's tournament experience extends far beyond CAPTT, and she's a proven powerhouse in LC. Her impressive versatility, playing experience, and level head will serve the team well. She may not have much experience with CAP LC, but I still think she'd pick up the metagame quickly and could do very well in this tournament.

3. StellaCAP (Verrucosity) - 3k - Sunkerns
Third on the list is my former teammate, Verrucosity. She's another familiar face in CAPTT and could've easily gone for a much higher price. From my experience with her on the team, she's very positive and is an excellent presence in a team environment, always being down to test squads and ready to play new metagames if needed. Even though she might not have a ton of tournament experience, she's still able to play well under pressure and pull off wins when needed. Verrucosity will be a solid contender in SM or ORAS.

2. Tadasuke - 8k - Revenankhs
Love him or hate him, this could very well be the CAPTT where Tadasuke really makes a splash. That is, assuming he stays motivated. As for now though, his interest in mons has been refueled, and that's great news for the Revenankhs. From my experience battling with Tadasuke over the years, he is dangerously good when he tries, and this goes unappreciated by people who just know him as the dude who moderates the PS room and nothing else. Look out for Tadasuke this season.

1. Marjane - 3k - Malacondas
Topping off my list is another Malaconda, the one and only Marjane! I'm honestly stumped as to how she only went for the minimum bid, but in any case, she was an excellent pickup for the Malacondas. She's a solid builder and a solid player, and she'll be a vital asset to the team. From my observations, the Malacondas have quite a bit of their stock in newer players (especially in SM), many who have yet to prove themselves in a tournament setting. Marjane could very well end up leading the charge for the Malacondas, and I am looking forward to seeing her first battles on the big stage.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
implying i lost to anything not called RNG is lying to yourself
Someone call the the fire department, snorly's pants are on fire and he's been ruining this thread with his ego from day 1. You're not the best player, get over urself son.

But no seriously, trash talk thread doesn't mean flaunt yourself and come up with uncreative lines every 20 minutes. I might actually have to end the fun and start moderating because this is getting sad. I mean there were warning signs and as much as giving Quote an example of a worse trash talk thread is cool, we gotta stop. I tried turning things around with my rankings, hoping to show people how not to make an effortless post that ruins everyone's experience. And we've had a few neat posts since, like's sparks or whatever.

So uh. Ahem.

1) No bullying. We can rib each other, but there have been a few users who have been unfairly picked on. I don't care if you dislike someone, keep it to yourself. If you're making any post here with genuine intention to make fun of someone, stop.
2) Put effort into posts. This can either be having "wit" or taking the time to express an opinion that goes beyond "lewl I'm good you're bad."
3) We're here to have fun. Have fun without being a dick so we can all have fun.

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
Someone call the the fire department, snorly's pants are on fire and he's been ruining this thread with his ego from day 1. You're not the best player, get over urself son.
Omg omg okay HeaL you are the guy

But no seriously, trash talk thread doesn't mean flaunt yourself and come up with uncreative lines every 20 minutes. I might actually have to end the fun and start moderating because this is getting sad. I mean there were warning signs and as much as giving Quote an example of a worse trash talk thread is cool, we gotta stop. I tried turning things around with my rankings, hoping to show people how not to make an effortless post that ruins everyone's experience. And we've had a few neat posts since, like's sparks or whatever.

So uh. Ahem.

1) No bullying. We can rib each other, but there have been a few users who have been unfairly picked on. I don't care if you dislike someone, keep it to yourself. If you're making any post here with genuine intention to make fun of someone, stop.
2) Put effort into posts. This can either be having "wit" or taking the time to express an opinion that goes beyond "lewl I'm good you're bad."
3) We're here to have fun. Have fun without being a dick so we can all have fun.

Tier Analysis:
If ur going to guess what I play then at least check my sign up post :[

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Choice Band Revenankhs VS Sunny Side-Up Sunkerns
SM: Frat Dude VS Ming549
SM: Rat With Wings VS Snorlax in the way
SM: Tadasuke VS Jho
CapLC: Jox VS ItzViper482
CapDoubles: Yellow Paint VS Demantoid
ORAS: PD VS PenQuin

I'm biased towards my own team for obvious reasons, but I really do believe my players have the ability to close out the week. That said, there should be plenty of exciting matchups on our side of the play, with standouts being Jox vs Viper, RWW vs in the way, and Tadasuke vs Jho. I do feel bad for Demantoid though, since he's paired up with CAPTT's resident DUBS god, Mr. Undefeated himself. I'm also excited to see how PD vs Penquin pans out; I know PD has been putting a lot of effort into getting ready for this, so it'll be interesting to see how he gets past an experienced ORAS CAP player like Penquin. Good luck to both teams!

Crackling Krilowatts VS Naughty Necturnas
SM: Airwind VS Heaven Jay
SM: boxofkangaroos VS Rage.Spam.Quit.
SM: Broken Phobias VS snake_rattler
CapLC: OP VS Drew
CapDoubles: n10sit VS AuraRayquaza
ORAS: p2 VS dusk raimon

Both the Krillowatts and Necturnas are fielding some power players this week, although I think Necturna's have a stronger SM lineup than the Krilowatts. Airwind vs Heaven Jay features two well known ladder heroes, and the match could honestly go either way. I think the winner of this matchup will be the player who makes the smartest decisions with what teams they bring, since their battling abilities are about on par with one another. Boxofkangaroos vs Rage.Spam.Quit will be another close matchup, but I have a feeling Rage.Spam.Quit might be able to bring home in the bacon in the end. It could go either way though, so definitely a matchup I'll watch closely. Broken Phobias vs snake_rattler is unfortunately looking to be a stomp in the Necturna's favour. No offense to Phobias, but he is the weakest of the three SM players Krillowatts are fielding this week, and it's even more unfortunate that he's been matched up with snake_rattler, who is arguably the most dangerous player in the Nect's SM lineup. snake_rattler and sparktrain is a proven teambuilding duo, and with spark at his back, snake will be right in his element and ready to win. I'm not well versed with LC and DUBS players, but bother teams seem to be fielding well experienced players in their respective metas. I'll just play it safe and say both matchups can go either way. Lastly in the ORAS slot, even though dusk raimon has more CAP experience overall, p2 is a well known high level player, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a dominant force on the Krillowatts if he's provided with some good teams. Good luck to both teams!

Predictions:

Obviously biased, of course I'm going to pull for my team, and I also believe in every one of my members. I hope both teams enjoy their games. Each match is full of experienced players, so it will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I'm especially interested to see Viper vs jox, and Demantoid vs YP.

SM: boxofkangaroos VS Rage.Spam.Quit

Interesting matches here as well. I'm picking jay over airwind because, while they are both great players, if my memory recalls, airwind has struggled to take games from jay in the past, nonetheless this game will be enjoyable to watch. I picked RSQ over box because rage is my boy, get out there and get that W. I picked snake because TR is scary and unbeatable obvious :^) he just has more experience, and more wins under his belt. Drew vs OP was a tough one, but I wanted to choose a side and not call it even. I originally wanted to draft drew, so we'll see how well he does lol. CapDoubles was also hard to call, as I'm unfamiliar with each of these players, but I know how volatile doubles can be, and I think it will come down to who is able to buckle down. I'll be looking forward to this match to see what new cap doubles players bring to the table. Finally, we get to p2 vs dusk, p2 obviously holds trophies in OU, but that doesn't necessarily mean hes a guaranteed win. I choose him because he has proven to be a solid member, I think this match will come down to whose really the most well rounded, and less on the tier itself. lol p2 but no gmars ?

Best of luck to both the krilowatts and the necturnas

BP

Beers and Steers
Predictions:

Obviously biased, of course I'm going to pull for my team, and I also believe in every one of my members. I hope both teams enjoy their games. Each match is full of experienced players, so it will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I'm especially interested to see Viper vs jox, and Demantoid vs YP.

SM: boxofkangaroos VS Rage.Spam.Quit

Interesting matches here as well. I'm picking jay over airwind because, while they are both great players, if my memory recalls, airwind has struggled to take games from jay in the past, nonetheless this game will be enjoyable to watch. I picked RSQ over box because rage is my boy, get out there and get that W. I picked snake because TR is scary and unbeatable obvious :^) he just has more experience, and more wins under his belt. Drew vs OP was a tough one, but I wanted to choose a side and not call it even. I originally wanted to draft drew, so we'll see how well he does lol. CapDoubles was also hard to call, as I'm unfamiliar with each of these players, but I know how volatile doubles can be, and I think it will come down to who is able to buckle down. I'll be looking forward to this match to see what new cap doubles players bring to the table. Finally, we get to p2 vs dusk, p2 obviously holds trophies in OU, but that doesn't necessarily mean hes a guaranteed win. I choose him because he has proven to be a solid member, I think this match will come down to whose really the most well rounded, and less on the tier itself. lol p2 but no gmars ?

Best of luck to both the krilowatts and the necturnas

DID SOMEONE SAY UPSET?!

" No offense to Phobias, but he is the weakest of the three SM players Krillowatts are fielding this week, and it's even more unfortunate that he's been matched up with snake_rattler, who is arguably the most dangerous player in the Nect's SM lineup"

BET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)