Other Capped Ladder -- A CAP HO Team (Rank #21; 80+ GXE).

Shoutouts: Mr. Perry because he wanted a shoutout :P

Hey everyone, I've recently gotten into CAP and have had a lot of fun using the awesome and creative Pokemon available. I made an HO team (as always, what's balance?) using full CAP Pokemon, which has turned to be quite successful, helping me reach #21 on the CAP ladder. Anyways, let's get to the team.

Proof of Performance
CAP Hype.png

Teambuilding Process
I.
+

I decided to build around Colossoil and Tomohawk. Both have good offensive synergy: Colossoil is able to take on mega Metagross, mega Crucibelle, Cyclohm, Plasmanta and Aurumoth for Tomohawk; Tomohawk can easily take on Necturna, Malaconda, Voodoom and Pyroak for Colossoil. In addition to the amazing dark, ground, flying and fighting coverage these two Pokemon provides, their synergy goes further. With Prankster, Tomohawk can setup rocks with ease, allowing Colossoil to achieve notable OHKOs (Aurumoth and Kitsunoh with sucker punch after rocks) with its attacks. Colossoil's ability to prevent hazards via rebound great improve Tomohawk's survivability, which allows it to better check opposing threats, notably stone edge Colossoil, more effectively.

However, this core is obviously threatened by Cleftable, mega Diance and fairies in general; furthermore, Syclant outruns both Pokemon and threatens them with a super effective ice STAB attack. Thus, at this point, I needed something to check fairy types in general, and something to check and outrun Syclant. Kitsunoh was perfect for this.

II.

+
+

In order to resolve my fairy weakness and general lack of speed that Colossoil and Tomohawk share, I decided to add choice scarf Kitsunoh with Frisk. While I considered running limber, as to be able to switch in on Cleftable's Thunder Wave, I like Frisk's ability to identify other choice scarf users; in general, the ability to reveal crucial items is more important then to occasionally dodge paralysis. Being the fastest scarfer in the metagame, Kitsunoh's ability to gain momentum via U-Turn is pivotal to grant Colossoil and Tomohawk free switches. Having momentum in general is always crucial for any offensive team. Moreover, the ability for Kitsunoh to check prominent fairy types like Cleftable, in addition for its ability to outrun and OHKO Syclant, made it a very good choice to add.

III.

+
+
+

While this core is extremely solid from a defensive and offensive standpoint, setup sweepers such as Coil M-Crucibelle with Low Kick, and especially Belly Drum Cawmodore, are problems. I needed a reliable tank that could deal with these threats -- something with good coverage and duel STABs that could lure out and KO certain threats. Cyclohm seemed perfect for this role, but its lack of special defence made its ability to check Tomohawk sub optimal. As such, an assault vest seemed appealing, as Cylcohm has no setup moves anyways, and given Cylcohm's great coverage, a recovery move is not needed for an offensive team like mine. Its ability to lure Cawdomore (as they like to switch in to ideally get a volt absorb boost) and OHKO with Fire Blast, in addition to its ability to OHKO Tomohawk with T-Bolt and lure and OHKO Colossoil with Hydro Pump, made Cylcohm almost needed for this team. Its role was intended to serve as an offensive check to Tomohawk and to be a tank -- to take hits and nail its checks with its coverage options.

IV: Where are the win conditions??

+
+
+
+
(Win con 1)

As of adding Cylcohm, this core was extremely potent. However, it was lacking in terms of its win conditions and setup sweepers. It also could use a mega, as I feel that every OU team (the CAP metagame is CAP Pokemon+the OU tier) should have one. Keeping with the CAP spirit, I wanted to use a CAP mega. Consequently, I had to resort to using Mega Crucibelle. Wanting a win condition, I elected to run a Coil+3 attacks offensive Crucibelle. With amazing STAB options in Gunk Shot and Head Smash and base 134 attack, most Pokemon get OHKOd by a +1 Gunk Shot and Head Smash. Coil was also chosen due to the fact that it improves these move's otherwise terrible 80% accuracy (and I hate missing...). During early to mid game, I would use Crucibelle's pre-mega ability of regenerator to pivot in and out of weak special attacks, and use U-Turn most of the time to retain momentum. Once key Pokemon -- notably Heatran, M-Scizor and Colossoil -- have been weakened, I would bring Crucibelle in on a favourable matchup and proceed to setup.

+
+
+
+
+

(Win con 2)

Since my team is already fairly weak to ground and spikes, I wanted a Pokemon that could serve as a ground immunity as well as a potent setup sweeper. I decided to add Belly Drum Cawmodore. This thing is like belly drum Azumarill but to the next level. Its ability in intimidate as well as a great base 130 defence allows it to setup on a myriad of threats with Belly Drum. STAB Acrobatics and priority Bullet Punch as well as a great move in Knock Off sealed the deal for me. I would preserve Cawdomore until the late game and proceed to setup on a weak physical attacker, and then proceed to sweep.

The Team In Depth

1. Cyclohm @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shield Dust
Type: Electric/Dragon
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

The role of Cylcohm on my team is to offensively check opposing Tomohawk, as well as serve as an emergency check to opposing Cawdomore if they've setup. I also use Cyclohm to check non CAP threats, such as M-Scizor, Volcanion, M-Metagross and Serperior. An assault vest is essential for Cawdomore to check Volcanion and Tomohawk in particular. In terms of the EVs, 252 speed allows it to outrun most other Cylcohm, and is notable for outrunning opposing Tomohawk. The rest of the EVs are thrown into sp. attack, and a modest nature is critical to OHKO opposing Colossoil with Hydro Pump on the switch. Fire Blast is critical to hit volt-absorb Cawdomore, and hydro pump is used to hit Colossoil. Draco meteor is not preferred over dragon pulse in this case, as it makes Cawdomore setup bait for Quiver Dance Aurumoth and Belly Drum Cawdomore (-2 Fire Blast doesn't OHKO).

2. Kitsunoh @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
Type: Steel/Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Shadow Strike (85 BP; 50% chance to lower defence)
- Iron Head
- Superpower

I generally use Kitsunoh as my lead, as its ability to reveal items early game is essential for future plays. Its amazing speed with a choice scarf allows it to always gain the switch initiative with U-Turn, and its fighting-ghost coverage allows it to hit the tier neutrally. U-Turn is essential on this set for scouting and to pivot out of poor matchups, and Superpower is an odd choice, but is excellent for hitting Colossoil on the switch, as Colossoil loves to try and pursuit trap this thing.

Looking back on Frisk, identifying whether opposing Syclant's or Stratagem's are focus sashed (and thus avoiding being OHKOd by their earthquake and earth power respectively) is great, and the ability to revenge kill them if they are not sashed is of great benefit, as they both threaten Colossoil and Tomohawk. Iron Head is crucial for hitting Cleftable and Crubibelle, and Shadow Strike is great for forcing switches on defensive teams, due to the fact that this move has a 50% chance of lowering defence.

3. Crucibelle-Mega @ Crucibellite
Ability (pre-mega): Regenerator; After mega: Magic Guard
Type: Poison/Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Coil

As mentioned, Crubibell's role on the team is to serve as a win condition with Coil. This Pokemon is also my best bet versus defensive teams, as magic guard prevents hazard and status damage, and not much on a stall team can take a +3 Head Smash or Gunk Shot coming off base 135 attack. Looking at the EVs, max speed and special attack are essential, with a jolly nature pivotal to outrun base 110 speed Pokemon, notably the lati twins, and kill them with Head Smash before dying to Psyshock.

In terms of using this Pokemon, against defensive teams, I would setup and mega evolve as soon as possible, as Crucibelle's pivoting abilities are not needed. Against offensive teams, I would pivot this Pokemon into weak attacks, such as Tomohawk's Air Slash, and capitalize on the switches it forces with U-Turn (nothing appreciates taking a Head Smash). Once key Pokemon are weakened -- notably Cawdomore, Naviathan and Plasmanta -- I would attempt to setup Coil and sweep. Head Smash and Gunk Shot likewise benefit from Coil's accuracy boosting effect, and are amazing STAB moves which benefit from coil, and are thus mandatory as a result. U-Turn is to maintain momentum and hit Colossoil on the switch, and is generally spammed early game to wear down Crucibelle's checks. In general, I preserve mega evolving Crucibelle until I am ready to setup in order to take advantage of regenerator.

4. Colossoil @ Life Orb
Ability: Rebound (basically acts as magic bounce on the turn you switch in)
Type: Dark/Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

In order to support Cawdomore in sweeping, Colossoil serves as this team's primary wallbreaker. As such, a Life Orb is critical to support its wallbreaking power, notably allowing Colossoil to OHKO defensive Cylcohm (a great Cawdomore check) and 2HKO Pyroak after rocks. Colossoil's wallbreaking abilities is further helped with STAB Knock Off, crippling defensive Pokemon by removing their recovery. Looking at the EVs, max speed and attack with a jolly nature is essential to outrun all defensive Pokemon, while giving Colossoil as much power as possible.

A jolly nature is used to outrun jolly Landorus-T and Excadrill, while also outrunning timid Heatran. I run Pursuit to trap and OHKO opposing Kitsunoh, as well as trap and cripple defensive Pokemon not willing to stay in to Colossoil, such as Chansey. Sucker Punch is critical to be able to revenge kill a boosted Aruumoth, as well as in general providing the team with more priority, as to improve the team's matchup versus offensive teams.

5. Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Type: Flying/Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash

In addition to its great design, Tomohawk is chosen due to its ability to reliably set hazards for the team, and also serves as one of the team's main checks to Colossoil, M-Venusaur and Serperior. While intimidate is appealing to weaken opposing physical threats, priority recovery in my view is too much to give up, especially given Tomohawk's good natural bulk. An offensive spread is used here to maximize the great duel STAB Tomohawk is blessed with, and the HP is maximized in order to switch into weaker attackers and setup hazards/recover easier. Air Slash is chosen over Hurricane due to the accuracy, and the 16 speed EVs are used to outrun base 85 speed Pokemon that do not invest, such as other Tomohawk.

6. Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Type: Flying/Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off

Cawdomore, as mentioned, serves as my late game cleaner and secondary win condition. Looking at the moves, Belly Drum instantly turns Cawdomore into a sweeping machine, and is included to serve as the previously mentioned win condition. Acrobatics fits perfectly with Belly Drum, as it automatically gets a boost due to use of its sitrus berry. Bullet Punch is chosen over Iron Head to avoid other priority users, notably Azumarill's Aqua Jet, Colossoil's Sucker Punch and Stratagem's Vacuum Wave. In the last slot, Knock Off provides great neutral coverage with bullet punch and acrobatics, and fits well as a result.

Looking at the EVs, max attack and speed are used to make Cawdomore hit as hard and fast as possible, with a jolly nature preferred to outrun positive natured base 115 speed Pokemon like Starmie. 4 HP EVs are used to give Cawdomore an even HP number, as to activate sitrus berry after the use of Belly Drum. Finally, intimidate is chosen as the ability in order to turn weaker physical attackers into setup bait.

Final Thoughts

I hope that this CAP RMT -- a very rare RMT indeed -- will encourage some of you to try CAP out! From my experience, it's been great experience trying out all these creative and unique Pokemon, and using them to their full potential! Thanks for reading and as always, have a great day! ^_^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)