CAP Teambuilding workshop V3

Approved by cbrevan OP Copypasted taken from cbrevan, thx Snorlax in the way for help me with the grammar
Art by Bummer
The Teambuilders:
Airwind, reachzero, Rage.Spam.Quit., sparktrain, Heaven Jay, Frat Dude ItzViper482
Hello there, I'm Airwind. I'm taking over this thread from Cbrevan who madethis thread since he felt there was a lack of players in the CAP Metagame. I feel like if users could request teams in CAP, much like in the main metagames, whether they're not pleased with the Sample Teams or are have difficulty with teambuilding for themselves, it could attract more people into CAP. For this reason, he gathered some of CAP's best teambuilders to help people with building teams that would suit their preferences

Rules:
-Have a description with the set / core or pokemon you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. The details you provide about what team you want, the higher chance their is that you'll like the team. Also, you can post the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here. This rule must be followed, no exceptions. If we can build a team for you, you can give a good description for us.

- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. Basically, Pokemon on the CAP viability rankings (low-ranked ones are fine for me as well) are what you should be looking at. By unviable we mean Pokemon that are obviously outclassed or have no observable niche in the metagame, such as Florges and Dusknoir.

- Please note that we can choose to ignore requests for extremely generic sets and / or cores as well as cores that have already been built around. The builders have total discretion over what they choose to build

- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.

- Each user is allowed one request per week and any user found requesting multiple may have their posts deleted.

- I'll close the thread to requests once all of us hit 3 requests at a time. If this ever happens we'll also throw a party.

- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.

- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.

- However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them as an RMT in the CAP Metagame Forums, not here.

Last edited:
Teams built:

Chansey+Tomohawk
Requested by: Granny Pie
Built by: reachzero

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Tomohawk @ Coba Berry
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Kitsunoh @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Shadow Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Pajantom+Charizard Y
Requested by: Funbot28
Built by: Airwind

Pajantom @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Comatose
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Brave Bird
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Haze
- Stealth Rock

Kitsunoh @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Shadow Strike
- Ice Punch

Mega crucibelle +Tomohawk
Requested by: Gareth de Voir
Built by: reachzero

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Haze

Crucibelle-Mega @ Crucibellite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Arghonaut @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Circle Throw
- Earthquake
- Recover

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Last edited:
Yo.
Let's get this started.
I may join later, as this is very intriguing, but I'd like to begin by having you guys build around a classic Chansey/Tomohawk core.
I'd like the team to be mainly offensive, with both a balance of bulk and power, as implied by the core. This team should have strengths against Defensive play through setup and wallbreaking, but should also be defensive enough to weaken and finish off, or even outright counter, an Offensive or Hyperoffensive opponent. All in all, I want a strong Balance, please.

Note to Airwind:
As the first request, I'd like this to set a precedent for future requests, so please ask me to edit anything so that it fits what you want from us. :)

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yo.
Let's get this started.
I may join later, as this is very intriguing, but I'd like to begin by having you guys build around a classic Chansey/Tomohawk core.
I'd like the team to be mainly offensive, with both a balance of bulk and power, as implied by the core. This team should have strengths against Defensive play through setup and wallbreaking, but should also be defensive enough to weaken and finish off, or even outright counter, an Offensive or Hyperoffensive opponent. All in all, I want a strong Balance, please.
This is an interesting first entry, specifically because I would never think to start with Chansey and Tomohawk. The reason is simple: both are troubleshooting Pokemon, things you add to fix a team need, not threatening Pokemon. In building a balance team, I'd normally plan my very threatening Pokemon first. Since we're doing it this way, though, let me take through you all through the building process.

What Chansey does is a lot more set than what Tomohawk can do, so it makes sense to pin it down first. Chansey is a reasonably good user of Stealth Rock and she is a strong counter to Volkraken and a hard check to Syclant, so she has good role compression and frees some team slots. On the other hand, there are some really threatening Pokemon that set up on Chansey: physical or Taunt Tapu Koko, Pajantom, non-Scarf Tapu Lele, CB Tyranitar, Flame Orb Colossal, Hoopa-U.... It would be tempting to add another primarily defensive Pokemon to complement the first two; my first thought is that we badly need a Steel type. Ferrothorn would make a ton of sense; it helps against Lele, Koko, Crucibelle and (if physically defensive, which we definitely want here) Pajantom. It can also give us Spikes, which is a godsend for balance.

At that point, the biggest threats to us are Mega Medicham, Mega Mawile, Mega Pinsir and SubCoil Zygarde. Mawile is extremely hard to deal with here, especially since Pyroak isn't a good fit alongside Ferrothorn. Considering its ability to check Medicham and Pinsir (a little) and the niche use of blocking Rapid Spin from Tomohawk, a common spinner, I think Choice Band Kitsunoh is probably the best fourth Pokemon here. It is pretty threatening, but you have to look out for a number of big threats that are faster, so it seems like a good fit for balance, particularly since we already have Spikes.

The last two should include a wall breaker/Mega and a revenge killer/anti-offense Pokemon, and Mega Medicham fits the first role perfectly. This thing has incredible firepower, and Mew and Mega Sableye are very rare at the moment. This team can really break open matchups against defensive teams.

The last slot is pretty hard. Zygarde and Mawile are still really extreme threats to us, and those call for pretty opposite counters, plus what we really want is a fast revenge killer, none of which are good against either Zygarde or Mawile! We also are in a lot of danger against Trick Room teams, so all in all I decided our best bet is something pretty unconventional: Taunt/Knock Off Gliscor. Toxic would be tempting over Knock Off, but then we have almost nothing that can kill Celesteela. This Pokemon will make life very difficult for a Trick Room team, which is always a huge plus in CAP.

The team ends up being super weird, but that's not always a bad thing. As the details fill out, we end up with:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Tomohawk @ Coba Berry
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Haze
- Rapid Spin
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Kitsunoh @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Shadow Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Bullet Punch is weird on Medicham I know, but it's surprisingly good against Syclant, Stratagem, and Kerfluffle in a pinch. Keep in mind that this team had no great answer to Cawmodore, so Tomohawk is going to have to Haze it and take a lot of damage. There are some tweaks I could make here if people have other threats to bring up.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Pajantom @ Ghostium Z
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Earthquake
- Brave Bird
- Toxic Spikes / Outrage / Filler

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Thought this would be a cool core to build from looking at our new ghost friend. I think Pajantom can work really well with Zard Y since it's capable in trapping some of Zard's checks such as Toxapex, Cylclohm, and Chansey and enables Zard to break through teams much more easily. Zard Y can help break down some of Pajantom's checks as well in Landorus-T and Colossoil which also the core deter teams more liberally as well. Was thinking about maybe either a balance or bulky offense team since those are the ones Zard Y is only able to fit on anyways. The Pajantom set can change but I really like Spirit Shackle into Z-Spirit in order to give it the extra push in securing some kos.

ok im feeling a little bored so figured i could come check this out would love to build a balance team with static defog zapdos. also needs to have fightinium kartana , maybe toxapex or subseed bulu with alolan muk or cyclohm

ok im feeling a little bored so figured i could come check this out would love to build a balance team with static defog zapdos. also needs to have fightinium kartana , maybe toxapex or subseed bulu with alolan muk or cyclohm
pls specify more the sets more and explain more

pls specify more the sets more and explain more
i want to modify a ou team i have 4 cap, which has discharge roost defog heat wave zapdos, cb weavile lowkick i crash shard knock, av muk with se, mega venu standard defensive, fightnium sd ss sacred sword and knockoff, i need a new 6th anyways

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
As an observer to this thread and someone who participated on both sides in a previous team building thread, I really struggle with the "include full sets + paragraph description" rule. I had a lot of fun building Pepsi's old request of I think Fidgit + Charizard (or was it just zard + tailwind?), and though they are the stars of the team there's even some set variation with them that makes requiring a single solid set a bit difficult; if Pepsi had submitted exactly what Fidgit and what Chariard set he wanted, it would have been HARDER for me to have built that team.

And someone who is really interested in this current thread, I find the rules restricting. Having a 100% finished core and having a team built around it is one method of building, but it's far from the only one and sometimes tweaks to the original idea have to be made as things go around. And maybe it's just me, but sometimes I just want to have a vague starting point that gets clarified as things go along. As a potential submitter, I really am more prone to sharing either one complete set I want to see in a team OR submitting incomplete sets of two mons or something. The OP makes it read like anyone who can't be bothered to provide exact sets and a paragraph is just being lazy and shouldn't bother wasting the builders' time, but... I think it's asking a bit too much :/ I mean I've had several ideas, such as posting that I want a Krilowatt volt switch and thunder + Koko u-turn team, and I'd HATE to go into more specifics when the moves on each mon can change depending on the needs of the other teammates and the starting idea is clearly "volt turn core of terrain setter and fellow electric type" which doesn't need a paragraph of explanation to get the idea across :/

Idk, I just think allowing a bit more flexibility in this thread would be a good thing.

As an observer to this thread and someone who participated on both sides in a previous team building thread, I really struggle with the "include full sets + paragraph description" rule. I had a lot of fun building Pepsi's old request of I think Fidgit + Charizard (or was it just zard + tailwind?), and though they are the stars of the team there's even some set variation with them that makes requiring a single solid set a bit difficult; if Pepsi had submitted exactly what Fidgit and what Chariard set he wanted, it would have been HARDER for me to have built that team.

And someone who is really interested in this current thread, I find the rules restricting. Having a 100% finished core and having a team built around it is one method of building, but it's far from the only one and sometimes tweaks to the original idea have to be made as things go around. And maybe it's just me, but sometimes I just want to have a vague starting point that gets clarified as things go along. As a potential submitter, I really am more prone to sharing either one complete set I want to see in a team OR submitting incomplete sets of two mons or something. The OP makes it read like anyone who can't be bothered to provide exact sets and a paragraph is just being lazy and shouldn't bother wasting the builders' time, but... I think it's asking a bit too much :/ I mean I've had several ideas, such as posting that I want a Krilowatt volt switch and thunder + Koko u-turn team, and I'd HATE to go into more specifics when the moves on each mon can change depending on the needs of the other teammates and the starting idea is clearly "volt turn core of terrain setter and fellow electric type" which doesn't need a paragraph of explanation to get the idea across :/

Idk, I just think allowing a bit more flexibility in this thread would be a good thing.
excellent job summing up my own feelings of this thread rn lol, dw about me though ill just poorly make my own team then fix it when i struggle v a mon in particular

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor

As someone who lurks the OU subforum a lot, I respectfully disagree. The way this teambuilding workshop is set up is very similar to the OU one that runs fine, and handles a lot of what you described as issues. The builders in OU often change the sets of the mons requested, so in a lot of cases the core is just kinda the two mons the requester wants with standard sets. You don't have to request a core specifically, either, just a single mon w/set works as well. The paragraph description is there to tailor the team towards what the requester themselves want, much like what some people already have in this thread. It's less paragraph and more a brief description.

Due some opinions I edited the rules to be more in relations with the idea for teambuilding workshop which is build teams with the people want so people can post the pokemon around not only the set but with a decent description and for be more accesible to experimented people and for new people who don't like or don't really know very well build with capmons. But if you have any opinion i would like to give me the feedback or opinion for inbox or in PS.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
As someone who lurks the OU subforum a lot, I respectfully disagree. The way this teambuilding workshop is set up is very similar to the OU one that runs fine, and handles a lot of what you described as issues. The builders in OU often change the sets of the mons requested, so in a lot of cases the core is just kinda the two mons the requester wants with standard sets. You don't have to request a core specifically, either, just a single mon w/set works as well. The paragraph description is there to tailor the team towards what the requester themselves want, much like what some people already have in this thread. It's less paragraph and more a brief description.
What is the point of having the thread require specific sets be submitted if the builder is just going to change the specifics of the set? I mean you're basically saying to my points "well, yeah those ARE the rules but the builder breaks them anyway" to which I then ask if they are rules made to be broken then why list them as rules? And if it's more of a brief description then why do the rules say a paragraph?

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
What is the point of having the thread require specific sets be submitted if the builder is just going to change the specifics of the set? I mean you're basically saying to my points "well, yeah those ARE the rules but the builder breaks them anyway" to which I then ask if they are rules made to be broken then why list them as rules? And if it's more of a brief description then why do the rules say a paragraph?
The rules are there to better guide a builder, they aren't "made to be broken"-the builder wont always change the set. They change the set if it doesnt work or mesh well with a team in building or proves ineffective in testing, not to screw over the requester. A paragraph is a brief description- look at the two submissions above, they're both 3-4 sentences. Not really outlandish to ask to again, better guide a builder.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I'm not saying writing a paragraph and coming up with 2 sets is too difficult. I'm saying that it limits the kinds of teams that can be made. I mean, if it's post 2 sets a paragraph of what you want the team to do (2 sets, builder saying if they want balance, offense, etc, builder saying what they want to have the team cover that the core struggles with), it's more like Finish a Team rather than Build a Team.

And again, this is perfectly acceptable option to have as solid of an idea as the thread wants prior to building, but it's not the only option. Sure you can point at 2 people following the rules so far and say it's not too much to ask for (again, the issue isn't that it is too much to ask for anyway), but well you have at least two people feeling restricted as well. It's more of right now this thread is only advocating polished ideas, and well a lot of us CAPpers can make our own teams if we have a polished idea to start from, and for me the fun in teambuilding threads have been turning a rough idea into a functional reality. Anyway, I'll digress and not talk on the matter any more since I've made my opinion heard enough.

Funbot28 Here you have your team:

-The Lead for the team is Tomohawk beacuse is who puts the rocks and is easy to switch into ferro if the opponent use tapu koko as a Lead. I select use the clasic def tomohawk to resist strong physicals sweeper like zygarde, and have a hazer for the set up mons

-I added ferrothorn to resist tapu koko and crucibelle (if they don't run low kick) and have a spike setter to do little of damage every switch the opponent do

-I added colossoil for have a spinner and a safe switch vs defensive mew

-Kitsunoh is a check for hawlucha which can destroy the entire team but you can kill it with the predic of High Jump kick

-I put pajantom with eartquake to hit more strong volkraken,heatran, mollux, etc

-Be carefull with hawlucha this mon can destroy all the team due the lack of resist of strong flying moves like acrobatics, hurricane (of tornados t) or fly z from landorus therian so that is the role of kitsunoh scarf try to hit more strong those pokemon that's why have thunder punch and ice punch

Pajantom @ Ghostium Z
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Brave Bird
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Haze
- Stealth Rock

Kitsunoh @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Shadow Strike
- Ice Punch

Hi! I'd like to request a team with Mega Crucibelle and probably Tomohawk support.

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Wood Hammer / Low Kick

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Haze
(I honestly don't know with this guy's EVs.)

This a relatively straightforward core. MCruci sweeps given the right opportunities, and Tomo's here to provide support by checking would-be checks, such as Colossoil and Landorus-T. Wood Hammer on MCruci for bulky Ground- and Water-types, while Low Kick may be used for Ferro. It depends on the builder tbh. Core kinda loses to anything faster than Cruci, such as Scarf Kitsunoh and BP Cawmodore. I have no preference with the team style, but with what both of them do, it'll probably end up being a BO / offense team. Sets can be changed accordingly as always.

Thanks!

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
There's a core that I've been dying to use for a while, but I've continued to get stuck on it every time I try to build with it. So, I'd like to request a team around the Salamence+Magnezone Core.

1513362480332.png
1513362518001.png

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

With the introduction of Pajantom not too long ago, the poor gen 3 dragon gets faded out more and more, especially with Lando around as well. Dragon+Magnezone has always been a fairly common core because Magnezone those steels who otherwise block the dragon. Main difference is that Salamence is fairly underrated compared to the other dragon who currently rules CAP. Give it time to setup a Dragon Dance or two and there is very little stopping it. Anyways, I'd like this to be a bulky offense team in its play style, since that is what may compliment these two best.

Thanks in advance!

LucarioOfLegends

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Tomohawk @ Coba Berry
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

So I decided to make the Salamence set a standard one, so as to make full potential of its sweeping capabilities with Z-Move and Jolly Nature. Dragon Claw is to provide coverage where it would be unfavorable to click either Fly or Z-Fly, boasting a STAB that doesn’t lock you into one move, unlike Outrage. It is also helpful versus Zapdos and especially Cyclohm. The rest of the set I think is pretty self-explanatory.

Next up I decided to equip Magnezone with Choice Specs, since I lacked a strong special attacker. Instead of opting for a Modest Nature, I went for max speed because it outspeeds Smogon’s Defensive Lando-T set and other speed tiers that would be someonewhat useful to prevent it being revenged as easily.

After the DragMag core, I thought Mega Crucibelle would be pretty nice as a third addition, since it provides the needed rocks that would aid Salamence’s sweeping, and can lure out Steels such as Ferrothorn to be trapped by Magnezone. It also can weaken Lando-T to help Mence and in general, serve as a physical wallbreaker that complements Magnezone and can grab momentum easily for the team while retaining a good speed tier (which is useful for a DragMag team imo!).

After this I went with Gastrodon, because it is a very nice special tank that can soak up Mega Diancie’s attacks, Gengar’s attacks, Magearna’s attacks, Volkraken’s attacks (if you predict that they don’t click HP Grass), etc. I went for Earthquake over Earth Power to do more damage to non-Coil Mega Crucibelle & most importantly, CM Magearna. It also can serve as a “soft counter” to Scarf Lele.

From here, I knew I needed an offensive Lando-T counter, and I wanted it to be able to spin rocks, not Defog them. This is because with spinning away rocks, you retain the rocks against your opponent, which are helpful to Salamence’s goal of sweeping, which Defog does not allow. For this reason, I opted for Coba Berry Tomohawk instead of Zapdos. Tomohawk also stops opposing Z-Fly sweepers from demolishing the team, and can be an emergency check to out-of-control sweepers. It serves as the physical wall of this team.

Lastly, I chose Scarf Victini, because I noticed my team was rather slow and could lose very easily to Tail Glow Syclant, QD Aurumoth, and repeated Scarf Lele Psychics. Scarf Tini provides another revenge killer in addition to Mega Crucibelle, and remedies the Lele issue to some degree. I use Trick here to cripple any defensive behemoths that would be very annoying, such as Toxapex, Arghonaut, etc.

Mega Crucibelle, especially Wood Hammer-carrying versions, are very deadly to the team, as it can spam Head Smash and then click U-Turn on my “resists” (which don’t handle a full powered Head Smash well in the first place), so you have to play very smartly against it. This is especially so if it does carry Coil.

AOA Syclant can pressure the team, as the only good tank for it, Gastrodon, takes a considerable amount from U-Turn, and the revenge killer, Victini, may get chunked by a predicted Earth Power on the switch-in.

Lando-T, even with Coba Berry Tomohawk, puts immense pressure on the team, as Z-Fly chunks everything here. Combined with Toxapex, it is pretty difficult for my team to deal with the core, other than predicting a switch and clicking Trick, or predicting correctly with Magnezone and clicking the right move.

Toxapex: only good counter to it is Magnezone, and if paired with a ground type, is troublesome.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, Gareth de Voir , this took a lot longer than I expected because it took me ages to adjust this to take out the Mega Medicham and Psyshock Lele weaknesses.

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Haze

Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick

Mew @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Arghonaut @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Circle Throw
- Earthquake
- Recover

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

What really made this hard for me was Stealth Rock Tomohawk--I'm used to using Rapid Spin, which let's you put Stealth Rock on your Steel type(s). So I needed an answer to Tapu Koko, Lele, Greninja, Aurumoth.... And this pointed me to AV Tapu Bulu. I actually considered Defog Zapdos next, but I eventually replaced it with Mew because the team was too weak to Medicham and Psyshock Lele. The idea is to counter Z Fly Landorus-T, which Rocky Helmet Tomohawk can't. Arghonaut was a clear choice to cover Specs Volkraken, Syclant and to a lesser extent Heatran. While testing this team, it saved my butt against BoltBeam CM Mega Latias, which was awesome and one reason why Unaware > Technician. Shiny Mew and shiny Arghonaut also make you extremely stylish.

Finally, Blacephalon is the best Scarf user, period. It covers Cawmodore, serves as a late game cleaner, and is insanely threatening to any team without Pursuit Colossoil or Tyranitar.

This team does still have some weaknesses, but you do have the tools to play around them (Mega Pinsir and Charizard-Y are good examples). You have a reasonably good matchup against Rain, which is extremely important right now. I haven't faced Trick Room with this, but you shouldn't auto-lose to it. I'm pretty happy with this team as a final product.

Okay, Gareth de Voir , this took a lot longer than I expected because it took me ages to adjust this to take out the Mega Medicham and Psyshock Lele weaknesses.

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Haze

Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick

Mew @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Arghonaut @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Circle Throw
- Earthquake
- Recover

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

What really made this hard for me was Stealth Rock Tomohawk--I'm used to using Rapid Spin, which let's you put Stealth Rock on your Steel type(s). So I needed an answer to Tapu Koko, Lele, Greninja, Aurumoth.... And this pointed me to AV Tapu Bulu. I actually considered Defog Zapdos next, but I eventually replaced it with Mew because the team was too weak to Medicham and Psyshock Lele. The idea is to counter Z Fly Landorus-T, which Rocky Helmet Tomohawk can't. Arghonaut was a clear choice to cover Specs Volkraken, Syclant and to a lesser extent Heatran. While testing this team, it saved my butt against BoltBeam CM Mega Latias, which was awesome and one reason why Unaware > Technician. Shiny Mew and shiny Arghonaut also make you extremely stylish.

Finally, Blacephalon is the best Scarf user, period. It covers Cawmodore, serves as a late game cleaner, and is insanely threatening to any team without Pursuit Colossoil or Tyranitar.

This team does still have some weaknesses, but you do have the tools to play around them (Mega Pinsir and Charizard-Y are good examples). You have a reasonably good matchup against Rain, which is extremely important right now. I haven't faced Trick Room with this, but you shouldn't auto-lose to it. I'm pretty happy with this team as a final product.
Thanks for the team! Having success with it lately. If Tomo had Rapid Spin instead of Rocks, what would have to be adjusted?

Did you say Doubles CAP????
well boy do I have the request for you!

I'm not too experienced with this tier, sorry if I don't include enough details. I'd like a rain team for Doubles CAP, ideally one that includes M-Swampert. I don't really have any preference for what the rain setter(s) are, so include anything you feel would be good. If you want more details shoot me a PM and I can conjure something up!

akaFila

butterscotch love
- Staka'd Offensive Trick Room ft. Fidgit Abuse -

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Fidgit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Persistent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Interested in picking up a solid offensive Trick Room build, featuring Z-Staka for an offensive presence. Fidgit's set is free to change up, was just a quick slap on.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)