CAP 23 CAP 23 - Part 1 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pointing it out, I've personally seen a lot more water shreruiken ash greninjas and shell smash cloysters than mega-heracross as mega heracross isn't the most amazing mon and it is in competition with buzzwole a bit too. Ash greninja is a very well used mon and it's very necessary to run water shreruiken on the choice specs set, it's most used set.
I did mention ash-gren in my post as an abuser of said priority, but outside of that instance water shuriken is almost never ran on regular gren... who also happens to be the only other OU mon that gets it not named smeargle. I also made all statements about heracross-mega and cloyster off of smogon usage. Regarding Mega-Heracross fighting for a team slot, I was not trying to validate Mega-Heracross as an insanely used mon in meta or anything, I was mainly using him as a comparison for which this mon would be judged next to considering that he is possibly the most well known abuser of multi-hit moves

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
The Super Thief - This concept is well-thought out and written, but try to elaborate on stat-up less than just "Tomohawk has its work cut out for it." While Tomohawk can be a great reference to the project, we don't want CAP23 to crutch on Tomohawk's existence or effectiveness. Also, work on your concept's name so that it's explicit what this concept means.

The Best Defense is a Good Offense - "Countering" offense is a bad way to put it, as it sounds like you just want something that swamps offense left and right, and we don't like making "broken" Pokemon. I'd say "checking" offense would be a more realistic approach. Questions 2, 4, and 5 are generic questions that don't really link back to the concept. Question 6 bothers me because it's a generic question about using moves. For your questions, I'd ask questions like "what methods can CAP23 use to check offense?" Seems like another generic question, but it links back to your concept and then you can bridge off of this question to make more interesting ones. Your whole concept revolves around priority moves, but that emphasis distracts from the main goal of the concept because there can be more than one way to check offense, so maybe touch up on that. Other than that, your name could be scream "offense check" better.

Bulky Utility - It's hard for me to see what you're getting at here. Your whole concept is all over the place, and it's just way too broad in scope. I'd find a way to narrow it down first and foremost. Do you want something with a lot of coverage moves? Versatility? I can't really comment on a concept that doesn't have a direction, but I'm willing to help you find it in a PM.

The God of Weather - I'm sorry to say this, but this concept has many problems with it. You can't specify abilities in a concept, and forme changes or evolutions just aren't happening. I'd be happy to work on this with you in a PM, but there's not much to go off of with this concept. "Weather in general" is just too broad. Picking one of them and running with it might work though.

Bring Your Own Terrain - This concept honestly lacks a good direction. You've got a good start, where it can set terrain (with presumably the moves, not the surge abilities). I'm a bit confused about the synergy point. Do you mean defensive synergy? Does defensive synergy correlate with setting terrain? Your questions are also a bit vague, but it's probably stemming off of the concept's lack of direction. PM me and we can talk about it more.

Boost for the Song! - This concept seriously lacks direction. Any pokemon can be a monster if it sets up. Also, building a Pokemon whose roles could range from hyper offensive teams and stall is, while possible, not exactly a healthy start to the project. Where does Sun and Misty Terrain come in? Nothing in your concept points to those, yet it's one of your points in the explanation. Also, your concept's name is a little vague with regards to your concept's actually content. I'd be happy to talk to you more about this concept in a PM.

Downsized - This is a cool idea, but I have a few concerns. The concept assessment is where we'd figure out what Uber to base off of. How do we emulate Palkia? Give CAP23 Water / Dragon typing, bulky stats, decent special output, and decent speed? It's a cool project on paper, but it sounds hard to make an Uber that doesn't invalidate stage after stage trying to emulate an Uber. Of course, there's the whole "pick the essence of an Uber," and we could do that, but the list is pretty small. Do we make our own Arceus? Our own stat stealing sweeper? Our own speed booster? Our own glass cannon with Moxie or Beast Boost? Maybe you could explain it better to me.

Terrain Buster - Your description cannot dictate stat bias, and your questions are extremely generic and not linked to the concept. Why do we need to make a Tapu counter? If that's the question to be asked, make sure your concept reflects that. PM me if you have questions.

Savior of the Sunny Day and the Hail - I'd pick one or the other. There's no real reason to lump both of them together into one concept. We learn more from making a good abuser of one weather than a bad abuser of two. Also, don't mention specific abilities, and did you account for Drought Malaconda? PM me if you have questions.

True Abuser of Coil - This concept shows me that you don't have knowledge of the CAP Metagame, as we have a pretty potent Coil abuser, Mega Crucibelle, who abuses Magic Guard, Head Smash, and Gunk Shot. It's pretty much what you're asking for. That aside, you can't indicate stat bias in your description or suggest moves, and your concept is just lacking in material. Mega Crucibelle shouldn't discourage you from submitting your concept, but it does exist, unlike what you claim in your explanation.

Descended Angel - It sounds like the utility Pokemon we already have, Fidgit. I'm not opposed to such a concept since past creations should not discourage new creations, but I think the concept could use a bit more focus. Additionally, we don't account for doubles for our process, and your questions are a bit vague. I think this concept could go a long way if you focused on what kind of utility you want to give it. Also, your concept's name is a little vague with regards to your concept's actually content. PM me if you have questions.

Multi-Hit Menace - I'm just not sure about this one. It almost indicates two abilities, Skill Link and Technician, just by being about multi-hit moves. There aren't any other abilities that really scream "multi-hit moves," and that's a bit of a problem :( . Without an exceeding amount of Substitute abusers in the metagame, I'm not sure what we'd learn from this kind of Pokemon. It's also hard to be creative with multi-hit moves. The reason why the other multi-hit moves get forgotten are largely because they have small distribution or low base Power. Question 1 is also very generic. Overall, it's looking decent, but I'm not sure how creative we can be with it.

Phazer Set-up Sweeper - This one is more of a mechanical problem than a conceptual one. Imagine a Pokemon like this. It has Roar and a set up move; that's two of its moveslots. But since Roar (and all phazing moves) have negative priority, it sounds like it's going to take a lot of damage even without set-up, then it needs Recover. That's three moveslots, eaten up, leaving only one more for an attacking move. Sure, Dragon Tail and Circle Throw can be damaging moves too, but then one of your attacking moves has negative priority too. I'm just a little wary of slating a concept that limits what typing it can be since it has to be good a mono-attacking, which constricts the typing process a lot. Suicune is a pretty good example of what you're looking for, but it sounds like you want a good sweeper + a good phazer all rolled up in a ball. Mechanically it's just not a good combo.

The Ultimate Priority User - You might want to review the guidelines for concepts - you can't specify set-up moves in the justification, for example. That's what the explanation is for. Priority is an age-old mechanic in Pokemon - why should we explore it? Priority moves tend to be weak; if that's the case, maybe we should address how to resolve a low damage output? It's hard to build off of just priority, and it's hard to be really creative with a Pokemon with such a specific set of moves.

Item Immune Abuser - Those items don't confer immunities to the holder as you claim in your description, so you need to fix your concept's content so that it's factually correct. That aside, I think it'd be good to expand on your concept, as the questions are extremely bland and generic. Maybe building around at least two of those items would be more interesting too. PM me with any questions.

Name - Lend Me Your Strength!
Description - A Pokemon that utilizes Strength Sap.

Justification - Strength Sap is an amazing move. It has the potential to offer some great role compression of reducing the threat level of physical attackers while providing reliable recovery. However, it has not been used to its full potential because of what learns it. In case you were unaware, Shiinotic is the only Pokemon who learns Strength Sap. Shiinotic is a Pokemon who does not have a very good movepool nor the stats to utilize the move. It also has no abilities that stand out and has a very bad defensive typing. As such, Shiinotic is currently sitting in the NU tier and is likely dropping to PU.

This concept can fit into both Actualization and Archetype. In terms of Actualization, it gives us a viable user of Strength Sap compared to Shiinotic who I mentioned above. In terms of Archetype, it provides nice role compression on bulkier teams of lowering the foe's attack while being able to run reliable recovery (both in one move no less). There are also not any Pokemon (CAP or no) that are defensively oriented that have access to Intimidate and a reliable recovery move. While it seems like a move only good for defensive teams, it could also be utilized on a CAP with a good amount of speed and offense to increase its own longevity by lowering the foe's attack, and could easily find a place on offensively oriented teams.

Questions To Be Answered
  • Should CAP23 be more offensive, or should it be more defensive? Should it be a mix of both?
  • What can we learn from the failure of Shiinotic to make CAP23 more viable?
  • What kinds of Pokemon would want to switch into Strength Sap?
  • Should CAP23 be able to address said Pokemon?
  • If so, how well should CAP23 be able to do so and how should it do it?
Explanation - I know it may seem really strange to do two move-based concepts back to back. However, this is not unprecedented. For example, Volkraken was pretty much a partner concept. While it did not start out as one, Plasmanta eventually developed into a partner CAP. Prankster and Triage would complement Strength Sap extremely well, as it gives Strength Sap priority, making a high speed stat not as neccessary. In terms of moves, one that stands out to me is Swagger. Because of the fact that Strength Sap reduces the foe's attack and yet heals HP based on the foe's Attack. With Swagger, it could easily overcome the only inherent flaw with Strength Sap. This would let it use Strength Sap to its full potential, especially if combined with Prankster. Another fun ability would be Arena Trap, as it could force the foe into losing its Attack rather than just switching out. Also, we could make a Pokémon that uses Arena Trap defensively, rather than offensively like Dugtrio.

Last edited:
  • Name - Topsy Turvy Troller
  • Description - A Pokemon with the Move Topsy Turvy and other trollish moves to annoy enemies
  • Justification: all three here. Actualization: Topsy Turvy is awesome, but it is only learned by Inkay and Malamar who mainly have Contrary sets instead. A Pokemon that is meant to be a troll and has a very good move to do so is awesome. Archetype: Imaginge setting up a +4 and having it reversed. Setup Sweepers are very dangerous, so are Baton Passers. Marshadow and Spectral Thief allows a kinda-solution to that but still. Target: Moves like Belly Drum and Tail Glow can cause massive damage to a team. Reversing that boost can help a lot. I would know. I’ve played OU and suffered the wrath of Azumaril one to many times. As the games go along it’s only going to worsen.
Questions To Be Answered -
  • What counters are there to abilities like Contrary and moves like Tail Glow?
  • What is the closest to filling this role?
  • How much of an issue are setup sweepers?
Explanation - The move Topsy Turvy inverts the target’s stat boosts. This is never used often at all. A Pokemon that can take full advantage of it is genius. Also genius is a Pokemon that you or your enemy will groan seeing it against them. It would be used a lot. The downside here is it’s a little too powerful of an idea, but stats and typing and stuff aren’t decided yet. Go on OU or Balanced Hackmons and battle a little. It won’t be long before a Contrary or Simple sweeper appears. Combating this issue is a good idea, but no Pokemon is really dedicated to it. Yet.

Name: Immune Item Abuser
Description: A pokemon that effectively uses one of Absorb Bulb, Cell Battery, Luminous Moss or Snowball
Justification: This would be Actualization as it causes the use of practically unused items and therefore explores the possible strength of these items. As these are very possibly currently the worst items this allows more complexity to the metagame if they are used at all. It also somewhat fits in archetype as it provides a new way to use immunities.

Questions:
How actually good could this pokemon be?
Would it be too situational?
Is it that significant of a niche?

Explanation: This would need a lot to be successful. It would likely be weak to the type of the item it is using and be relatively lacking in that stat, though not too much so that a +1 has sweep potential. The providing of an extra immunity for one turn is somewhat useful, but it would need to be a speedy pokemon to not be killed immmeadeatly. If this is sucessfully done, it could be a powerful force and would be efficient in the metagame. It provides more of a reward for prediction instead of being spammy. I believe this would change cap for the better.
I'm afraid that those items don't work that way. They only provide a boost when hit, they don't give immunity. If they did, they would probably be fairly popular in the meta, but as it is, they are pretty useless.

Name - Lend Me Your Strength!
Description - A Pokemon that utilizes Strength Sap.

Justification - Strength Sap is an amazing move. It has the potential to offer some great role compression of reducing the threat level of physical attackers while providing reliable recovery. However, it has not been used to its full potential because of what learns it. In case you were unaware, Shiinotic is the only Pokemon who learns Strength Sap. Shiinotic is a Pokemon who does not have a very good movepool nor the stats to utilize the move. It also has no abilities that stand out and has a very bad defensive typing. As such, Shiinotic is currently sitting in the NU tier and is likely dropping to PU.

This concept can fit into both Actualization and Archetype. In terms of Actualization, it gives us a viable user of Strength Sap compared to Shiinotic who I mentioned above. In terms of Archetype, it provides nice role compression on bulkier teams of lowering the foe's attack while being able to run reliable recovery (both in one move no less). There are also not any Pokemon (CAP or no) that are defensively oriented that have access to Intimidate and a reliable recovery move. While it seems like a move only good for defensive teams, it could also be utilized on a CAP with a good amount of speed and offense to increase its own longevity by lowering the foe's attack, and could easily find a place on offensively oriented teams.

Questions To Be Answered
  • What kinds of Pokemon could benefit from the foe's attack being lowered?
  • Should the concept be able to afford to be offensive, or should it only be able to run defensive sets?
  • What can we learn from the failure of Shiinotic to make this concept more viable?
  • What kinds of Pokemon would want to switch into Strength Sap?
  • Should this concept be able to address said Pokemon?
  • If so, how can this concept do so?
Explanation - I know it may seem really strange to do two move-based concepts back to back. However, this is not unprecedented. For example, Volkraken was pretty much a partner concept. While it did not start out as one, Plasmanta eventually developed into a partner CAP. Prankster and Triage would complement Strength Sap extremely well, as it gives Strength Sap priority, making a high speed stat not as neccessary. In terms of moves, one that stands out to me is Swagger. Because of the fact that Strength Sap reduces the foe's attack and yet heals HP based on the foe's Attack. With Swagger, it could easily overcome the only inherent flaw with Strength Sap. This would let it use Strength Sap to its full potential, especially if combined with Prankster.
I really like this concept and could see it being an actual CAP, but I suggest against using ability and move names that aren't specifically tied to the concept cause it might be considered pole jumping.

• Name - Topsy Turvy Troller
  • Description - A Pokemon with the Move Topsy Turvy and other trollish moves to annoy enemies
  • Justification: all three here. Actualization: Topsy Turvy is awesome, but it is only learned by Inkay and Malamar who mainly have Contrary sets instead. A Pokemon that is meant to be a troll and has a very good move to do so is awesome. Archetype: Imaginge setting up a +4 and having it reversed. Setup Sweepers are very dangerous, so are Baton Passers. Marshadow and Spectral Thief allows a kinda-solution to that but still. Target: Moves like Belly Drum and Tail Glow can cause massive damage to a team. Reversing that boost can help a lot. I would know. I’ve played OU and suffered the wrath of Azumaril one to many times. As the games go along it’s only going to worsen.
  • What counters are there to abilities like Contrary and moves like Tail Glow?
  • What is the closest to filling this role?
  • How much of an issue are setup sweepers?
Explanation - The move Topsy Turvy inverts the target’s stat boosts. This is never used often at all. A Pokemon that can take full advantage of it is genius. Also genius is a Pokemon that you or your enemy will groan seeing it against them. It would be used a lot. The downside here is it’s a little too powerful of an idea, but stats and typing and stuff aren’t decided yet. Go on OU or Balanced Hackmons and battle a little. It won’t be long before a Contrary or Simple sweeper appears. Combating this issue is a good idea, but no Pokemon is really dedicated to it. Yet.
Several things wrong.

1. We are building this for the CAP Metagame, and Azumarill isn't even that good in OU to begin with.

2. Baton Pass is banned.

3. Marshadow is banned.

4. What counts as other troll moves?

Also since I don't wanna double post, Explanation can have anything in it KrewlKat . However, I'm glad you like my concept!

True Abuser of Coil - This concept shows me that you don't have knowledge of the CAP Metagame, as we have a pretty potent Coil abuser, Mega Crucibelle, who abuses Magic Guard, Head Smash, and Gunk Shot. It's pretty much what you're asking for. That aside, you can't indicate stat bias in your description or suggest moves, and your concept is just lacking in material. Mega Crucibelle shouldn't discourage you from submitting your concept, but it does exist, unlike what you claim in your explanation.
Alright! I'm new to this forum, and not super experienced in CAP. However, I figured that the suggested move of Coil would be okay due to this from the original:

"We didn't have concepts at the time of Revenankh, but "Ultimate Bulk Up Sweeper" fits the definition of an Archetype concept."

Also, as for the stats, the OP says:

"Specific stat bias, base stats, or base stat ratings are not allowed. It is acceptable to use descriptive phrases like "fast", "bulky", "strong attacker", etc -- since there are a variety of ways a pokemon can fit those descriptions without specifically requiring certain stats. But, do not use overly-specific descriptions that would narrowly constrain the pokemon's base stat spread"

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Alright! I'm new to this forum, and not super experienced in CAP. However, I figured that the suggested move of Coil would be okay due to this from the original:

"We didn't have concepts at the time of Revenankh, but "Ultimate Bulk Up Sweeper" fits the definition of an Archetype concept."

Also, as for the stats, the OP says:

"Specific stat bias, base stats, or base stat ratings are not allowed. It is acceptable to use descriptive phrases like "fast", "bulky", "strong attacker", etc -- since there are a variety of ways a pokemon can fit those descriptions without specifically requiring certain stats. But, do not use overly-specific descriptions that would narrowly constrain the pokemon's base stat spread"
I didn't say that it's an illegal concept. However, there's less to explore when there exists a mon (Mega Crucibelle) that uses Coil quite well. A concept that specific, one around a setup move especially, probably doesn't need another rerun, even if Crucibelle's concept wasn't around Coil.

Explaining "lacking physical defense" seems like something you'd put into the explanation rather than justification since it's not completely integral to the concept that the mon have that stat bias. It may seem convenient, but not required.

I'm not trying to bash you for being a new user at all, but there's a standard for concepts that has to be carried out.

I didn't say that it's an illegal concept. However, there's less to explore when there exists a mon (Mega Crucibelle) that uses Coil quite well. A concept that specific, one around a setup move especially, probably doesn't need another rerun, even if Crucibelle's concept wasn't around Coil.

Explaining "lacking physical defense" seems like something you'd put into the explanation rather than justification since it's not completely integral to the concept that the mon have that stat bias. It may seem convenient, but not required.

I'm not trying to bash you for being a new user at all, but there's a standard for concepts that has to be carried out.
Right, I didn't think you were bashing. Sure, I may have put some bits in the wrong spots. Thanks for the advice! I was just explaining why I hadn't thought the things I did were wrong.

Edit: Also, I've played maybe 5-6 dozen CAP games, and I don't think I've literally ever seen Mega Crucibelle. Maybe I didn't move high enough up the ladder or something, but only a couple sash lead Crucibelle. I had no idea what it actually did in fact.

Last edited:
So, this is my first time thinking much about CAP, but this is also an idea that I've had for a while.

Name
- Anti-Hax Unit
Description - A Pokemon able to remove, or else severely minimize, luck and RNG from its battle interactions.
Justification - (Actualization) How many times have you lost a match due to a poorly-timed crit, or had your best answer to a threat neutered because of a clutch miss on a less-accurate move? The game already has tools that negate the effect of one or more sides of RNG, such as No Guard and Shield Dust, and even attacks like Night Shade. However, these effects still have rather disappointing downfalls. Night Shade always deals 100 points of damage, but this is a fairly trivial number when a large number of viable Pokemon have at least 300 hit points, making a move that deals a flat 100 damage a 4hko. No Guard has the downfall of being mostly on Pokemon that have 2 or more lackluster defensive stats, and Shield Dust is the same way. There are other examples of this, of course, but I'd like to stray away from suggesting specific abilities or moves for this Pokemon. The point is fairly simple, to create a Pokemon that performs the same 100% of the time. This Pokemon wouldn't have to worry about damage rolls, accuracy hax, crits, or any of the other things that you can encounter while laddering that just make your blood boil.
  • Does removing luck from a Pokemon's battle interactions really impact its viability?
  • Can we really remove all aspects of hax from Pokemon and not break the game?
  • What role does hax actually play in battles, and is it really that bad?
  • Can the game really be fun without the elements of random chance that Game Freak threw into it?
  • There isn't really any existing mechanic that negates all forms of hax at the same time, so which luck-based aspect do we want to counter? Or do we try to counter as many as we can?

Explanation - So I thought of this idea a while back, and it intrigued me to think about a world where all of your moves hit, your opponent never got crits/clutch status effects, and damage was always consistent. I realize that this idea as I've presented it may straddle the line between being too heady to properly implement, and too narrow to be worth looking into. However, that's why I'm posting it here, in hopes that one of you guys can either help me flesh it out/boil it down into something a little more coherent. One very specific idea I have is to give it an ability that sets damage rolls to a static multiplier in exchange for either perfect accuracy/guaranteed secondary effects/etc. I realize that the only pokemon with a trait that mitigates an aspect of luck (that they're actually played with) in OU are Mega Camerupt and Mega Gallade. However, as I mentioned above with No Guard and Shield Dust, the Pokemon that aren't OU and have hax-mitigating traits have one major thing that they lack which prevents their being viable in OU, be it a lackluster damage output or defenses, or middling speed that prevents them from effectively serving their purpose before fainting, or even a lack of moves/abilities to actually abuse their lack of hax. This Pokemon would also serve as a sort of anti-Jirachi, a Pokemon that increases the chance of Para- and Flinch-hax, among others, to serve principally as an annoyer and generally disrupt plans.

Last edited:
Name - Forbidden Fruit

Description - A Pokemon that uses an ability that is usually banned from CAP.

Justification (Actualization) - There are a lot of Pokemon with signature / overpowered abilities brought to life by Game Freak. Those often involve forme changes or incompetitive aspects of the games, which is why they were initially banned. This concept aims at using one of these abilities and finding a way to use it in a balanced way, teaching us how a broken ability can be used in a proper way.

Questions To Be Answered
- What banned Abilities can be build around without making CAP23 instantly broken/incompetitive or too restricted in its other aspects (movepool, typing etc.)?
- Should forme change Abilities be excluded because of their restriction to the original wielder(s)?
- Should we rather use a banned primary ability or a banned secondary ability?
- What has to be considered to make CAP23 a balanced user of the ability?
- Does CAP23 need any other ability besides the banned one? If Yes, which ones would fit without overpowering CAP23?

Explanation - I don't know how you feel about it, but every time a CAP comes to Abilities Stage, I am a bit annoyed by the list of banned Abilities in the thread's OP. Of course every Ability on this list has its reasoning to be there, but I still think "What if we use one of these abilities and specifically built around it to keep it in check, or even bend the process a bit to even account for possible forme changes". This time I felt like bringing this concept up to your minds.
And just so you now: I personally don't have Wonder Guard on my mind with this ;)

Couldn’t find my original version of this, but I’m reviving it.

Name – Trick Room’s Revenge.
Description – A Pokemon who’s usage will improve and increase the viability of the Trick Room archetype.
Justification.
Trick Room is a very powerful move. It alters the turn order, and remedies Pokemon that would be subpar with their current speeds. The aim is to create a CAP that will improve the Trick Room archetype, and bring it on par with many other archetypes. I'd posted a similar concept a few CAPs ago, but was shot down, being told Trick Room had very little place in the meta at the time. In the transition to gen 7, new additions now mean we can have a threatening Trick Room archetype, but could do with a few more tools to aid it.

This CAP would fit in the Actualization and Archetype categories.

Archetype: The Pokemon would be a solid addition to the Trick Room archetype pool, and thus would improve the viability of Trick Room.

Actualization: When used correctly, the CAP would increase the usage of Trick room in the metagame, and can inspire some lower tier Pokemon to rise in usage, since a lot are only “bad” due to subpar speed stats, which can be remedied by Trick Room.

Questions To Be Answered
  1. How will the Pokemon affect the archetype? Will the Pokemon be a setter, abuser or a bit of both?
  2. Will the CAP become part of a Trick Room core, or a general Trick Room style?
  3. Can it be a solo Trick Room Pokemon, to add a twist to non Trick Room focussed teams?
  4. Are there any niche areas in the Trick Room archetype that could be filled by this CAP?
  5. Would improving Trick Room too far have any adverse effects on the current CAP metagame?

Explanation – I tried putting a similar concept forward a few CAPs ago, but got shot down, saying that Trick Room was an archetype that wouldn’t see much usage even with a CAP added. I’m glad to say that Gen 7 shattered that barrier. The addition of Magearna, Mimikyu and Alolan Marowak, when paired with older Pokemon like Porygon2, Bronzong and Mega Mawile, allowed Trick Room to actually become a viable archetype of team. However, it still is a little wobbly when it comes to certain archetypes and moves, which is where this aim it to fix.

Last edited:
Item Immune Abuser - Those items don't confer immunities to the holder as you claim in your description, so you need to fix your concept's content so that it's factually correct. That aside, I think it'd be good to expand on your concept, as the questions are extremely bland and generic. Maybe building around at least two of those items would be more interesting too. PM me with any questions.
Sorry about the confusion. I fixed the original post to be more accurate and expanded on it a bit.

Couldn’t find my original version of this, but I’m reviving it.

Name – Trick Room’s Revenge.
Description – A Pokemon who’s usage will improve and increase the viability of the Trick Room archetype.
Justification.
Trick Room is a very powerful move. It alters the turn order, and remedies Pokemon that would be subpar with their current speeds. The aim is to create a CAP that will improve the Trick Room archetype, and bring it on par with many other archetypes. I'd posted a similar concept a few CAPs ago, but was shot down, being told Trick Room had very little place in OU. In the transition to gen 7, new additions now mean we can have a threatening Trick Room archetype, but could do with a few more tools to aid it.

This CAP would fit in the Actualization and Archetype categories.

Archetype: The Pokemon would be a solid addition to the Trick Room archetype pool, and thus would improve the viability of Trick Room.

Actualization: When used correctly, the CAP would increase the usage of Trick room in the metagame, and can inspire some lower tier Pokemon to rise in usage, since a lot are only “bad” due to subpar speed stats, which can be remedied by Trick Room.

Questions To Be Answered
  1. How will the Pokemon affect the archetype? Will the Pokemon be a setter, abuser or a bit of both?
  2. Will the CAP become part of a Trick Room core, or a general Trick Room style?
  3. Can it be a solo Trick Room Pokemon, to add a twist to non Trick Room focussed teams?
  4. Are there any niche areas in the Trick Room archetype that could be filled by this CAP?
  5. Would improving Trick Room too far have any adverse effects on the current OU metagame?

Explanation – I tried putting a similar concept forward a few CAPs ago, but got shot down, saying that Trick Room was an archetype that wouldn’t see much usage even with a CAP added. I’m glad to say that Gen 7 shattered that barrier. The addition of Magearna, Mimikyu and Alolan Marowak, when paired with older Pokemon like Porygon2, Bronzong and Mega Mawile, allowed Trick Room to actually become a viable archetype of team. However, it still is a little wobbly when it comes to certain archetypes and moves, which is where this aim it to fix.
An interesting concept to be sure, but we are building this concept for the CAP metagame, not OU.

Name - These Shackles Make Me Mortal

Description - A powerful Pokemon that can effortlessly keep centralized threats in check, but has a key weakness that anyone can easily exploit.

Justification -

Archetype: One of the most interesting concepts in a good metagame is the idea of healthy centralization--centralization caused by Pokemon like Landorus-T, who are really, really good and can put a lot of other otherwise-terrifying threats down with ease, but can still be easily covered with minimal teambuilding effort--and thus, creates more variety overall by limiting some of it. These Pokemon can not only check a lot of other, more specific threats easily, but can then be easily checked in itself with a variety of options and sets, thus allowing for players to teambuild more creatively without the need to cover even more counters in the meta. This Pokemon aims to test this concept to its very limits...

Target: ...by actively being built against the most difficult to prepare for Pokemon in the CAP metagame. This Pokemon should be able to check (if not counter) popular, less-healthily-centralized Pokemon in the CAP meta, from offensive-lead setup spam caused by Pokemon like Necturna and Alola-Ninetails, to the Pokemon who can take advantage of them like Mega-Mawile, Zygarde and Aurumoth, to potentially even the many powerful cores held together by Dugtrio's ever-omnipresent threat of trapping, while having significant weaknesses which teams can easily prepare for, and can potentially be a weakness even better exploited by lesser-used playstyles.

• What, precisely, makes a Pokemon under this umbrella tick? How do massive strengths with key weaknesses interact with each other?
  • How far can its strengths go before it becomes more unhealthy? Would it be better for the Pokemon to simply check many sets, or could it flat-out force common cores off the field from its mere presence and still retain balance?
  • Subsequently, how far can its weaknesses go? Could you strap the worst ability, movepool or defensive stats possible onto it, and have it still perform its role well?
  • Can a Pokemon to counter a variety of playstyles without consequences? Could it counter both hyper offense and stall, without having the side effect of it also countering everything in-between?
  • With this Pokemon's weakness, is it possible to bring the oldest and most unviable playstyles or Pokemon back into the fold, by taking out its problems and introducing a weakness that it could take advantage of?
Explanation - i always think about how smogon will often accidentally stumble upon a pokemon designed to be super-rare and incredibly powerful, but just ends up being good, but not unhealthy for a solid metagame, usually because of a key weakness gamefreak forgot to take into account. i feel like building a pokemon intentionally designed for that landorus-t type of healthy centralization would help people better understand what specifically makes them all work out, while allowing for a more direct solution to centralized playstyles in the current CAP meta.

Last edited:
Name - The viable regigigas (or slaking)/ weak but skilled II

Description - A shallow movepool and a horrible ability, but enough raw stats to make up for both; and a neutral/decent typing.

Justification - Actualization, this concept forces us to think of new and creative ways to create a threat, either by looking at some unique Pokémon that have managed something like this in the past, or by using some new combination never seen before.

-Can the usage of this mon teach us how to use other similar ones?
-How high do the stats have to be to make up for the handicaps?
-How useful can a practically abilityless pokemon be?
-How important are abilities in different roles?

Explanation - Honestly, I just think it's an interesting concept, and pokemon like slaking or regigigas don't get enough love in my opinion; and it's an experiment I'd like to see play out. But many options come to my mind when thinking about the specifics of the experiment, but my favorite of all is this:
Rather than giving it a specific role to carry out, it's simply given uncommon characteristics. Will it be better of with a choice specs/band, or a scarf? What about a berry? Which underwhellming move will suit it best? Is it really worth having a stab move? What will you do in those 5 turns- toxic? substitute? raise your stats? take hits and heal? ...and just see the mon's usage evolve over time.

Note - The original concept and name "weak but skilled" were made by mxmts, as well as the justification (I didn't fully understand the question and didn't know what to write, so I shamelessly copy-pasted his). His concept submission form greatly complements mine, and he had the same (or similar) idea as I did, he just posted it sooner. If credit is awarded for punctuality, I only narrowed down the concept. If it is awarded for creativity regardless of who came first, he had the same idea as me but with broader borders I hadn't thought of. If this concept submission gets anywhere, he should get at the very least half the credit.

Downsized - This is a cool idea, but I have a few concerns. The concept assessment is where we'd figure out what Uber to base off of. How do we emulate Palkia? Give CAP23 Water / Dragon typing, bulky stats, decent special output, and decent speed? It's a cool project on paper, but it sounds hard to make an Uber that doesn't invalidate stage after stage trying to emulate an Uber. Of course, there's the whole "pick the essence of an Uber," and we could do that, but the list is pretty small. Do we make our own Arceus? Our own stat stealing sweeper? Our own speed booster? Our own glass cannon with Moxie or Beast Boost? Maybe you could explain it better to me.
Thanks for the critique! I've added an example to make the goals of this concept more clear.

Name: Priority User and Counter

Description: A pokemon that can utilize priority moves to attack on offense while being able to survive/ be immune to opposing priority.

Justification:

· Archetype: This concept fits the archetype of pivot, as it can switch in on and counter many of the most threatening priority users. By taking little to no damage when switching in, and being able to wall some of the opposing Pokémon’s moves, this mon would provide momentum to its user. As this concept has access to priority itself, it may also fit the archetype of revenge killer. When it comes in after a teammate has fainted, it can use its priority to revenge kill faster/ more threatening mons.

· Target: The target of this concept is to create some counter play to priority users through this mon’s defensive capabilities (be it typing, ability, etc.) and through its offensive use of priority.

Questions To Be Answered:

· How can this pokemon counter priority users? By a typing that resists common priority moves? Through an ability that stops opposing priority? With general bulk?

· How will mirror matches go between this mon that both uses and stops priority?

· Which priority moves are most common and threating that they should be thought about when creating this mon?

· How would the metagame adapt to a mon that can somewhat stop priority users?

· Is it necessary for a mon to stop, and at the same time, use priority to be effective?

· What can users of this mon do to successfully pivot around it to gain momentum?

· How can this mon partially stop priority users without completely discouraging the use of priority on any mon?

· How can we make this mon be bulky to take priority hits and powerful enough to make up for the low base power of priority moves without making it too overpowered/overwhelming?

Explanation: With the new Gen 7 additions of Queenly Majesty and Dazzling, along with psychic terrain, stopping priority, I could see this mon utilizing one of those to stop priority. Also, with extremespeed, mach punch, and vacuum wave being common forms of priority, I think a partial ghost typing could help stop priority, but then again it could become weak to shadow sneak and sucker punch without good secondary typing. I think stopping greninja’s water shuriken could be helpful to teams that don’t face up well against ash-gren. In terms of what priority moves I would like to see this mon get, I think feint and first impression can be useful and are underappreciated.

Last edited:
Name - A Tapu's Best Friend

Description
- A Pokemon that can function with, and support/excel in, the various terrains set up by the Tapu's abilities.
  • Justification
    • Archetype: Currently terrain is playing an increasing important role in the meta with the introduction of the Tapus in Sun & Moon. Unfortunately there is little synergy within the current slate of Pokemon to take full advantage of their effects. This CAP would focus on the utility archetype and how it would be possible to leverage the various terrains these Tapus set up to compliment a team.
Questions To Be Answered
  • What Pokemon are able to function best while terrain is active on the field and why?
  • What are the individual strengths and play style required in each terrain?
  • Is it possible to provide utility and functionality for a wide range of terrain settings, as opposed to specializing in just one?
  • What amount of moveset diversity would the CAP need in order to accomplish such a goal?
  • Can a high amount of functionality within a terrain make an average or mediocre Pokemon viable in the same sense as the usage of weather does?
  • Is a supporting Pokemon viable when the Pokemon it is designed to support is needed to set up first? (To clarify with an example: Would this CAP be a useable Pokemon if it were to support Tapu Koko, but prior to this needed Koko to come out and set up terrain?)
Explanation - All of the Tapus are currently very active in the meta, but there is currently no support for their terrain inducing abilities. Weather based teams have been viable since the advent of weather moves because of the amount of Pokemon that feed off of each other (whether through abilities, typing or moveset); terrain is just the next extension of these weather moves. Psychic Terrain is inherently no different than Rain Dance; both last up to 5 turns, power up certain move types and effect the whole field. The only difference in viability is that there are Pokemon in existence to make a rain team functional, but none to take advantage the terrain. This CAP could provide a number of utility roles with in a team; whether as a Baton Passer (Psychic Seed in Psychic Terrain plus CM to pass +SpDEF and +1 SpATK?), grounding all Pokemon in play to ensure they are affected by the terrain (via Gravity, Trick while holding Iron Ball, Smack Down, etc.) or even Skill Swapping a beneficial ability onto a Tapu who has already activated its terrain in Doubles (Surge Surfer or Grassy Pelt CAP swaps onto Koko or Bulu? Yes please).

This is my first CAP post/idea so please send feedback my way.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Name: Move Restrictor

Description: A Pokemom meant to dissuade the use a common move/s in the metagame.
Justification: This concept aims to create advantages for the users team by taking advantage of certain common moves such as Knock Off, U-Turn, Scald, and etcetera; therefore, this concept falls into the categories of actualization and archetype.
1. This Pokemon should be of some sort of control whenever a Pokemon when these moves are brought out. Being able to punish usually low risk high reward moves is really nice as we have seen with Collosoil and might even reduce the amount of Pokemon actually using the targetted move/s. Speaking of Collosoil, I know this concept is very similar to it but this one targets something more specific and gives us another chance to retry a similar concept without the use of a custom ability AND use newly introduced tools since Collosoil's debut.
2. I've brought this up a couple times but this Pokemon would mainly do two things. a) reduce the usage of the move by making it too much to give up. Just as an example if we were to target Knock Off it might make Mew and Ferrothorn reconsider even bringing the move because they are generally very passive, and b) gain a reward for proper prediction. This could be creating a win con for your team or crippling your opponent harshly with status or damage.

Questions
  • Would the inclusion of this Pokrmon actually bring down the usage of some of these staple moves?
  • Could the benefits be too easy to get or too good; which in turn, make this Pokemon an overbearing force?
  • With the advantages it's given, what would CAP 23 do with them?
  • Contrarily, how reliant would this Pokemon be without them?
  • If this Pokemon were to target more than one move, would it be able to do it simutaniously or require two different variables for its success.
Explanation
Although we have done a concept like this long before, it is great to revisit some of these older concepts and refurbish them. Especially since everything was much different in the time of their creation. This concept also provides something that would give prediction based players / playstyles a perfect fit. Finally this concept can be engaging for the community because of how many different branching paths and combinations their are to be taken hold of.

Last edited:

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Lend Me Your Strength! - Well there is Intimidate Tomo This is a pretty cool concept. What I like about Strength Sap over, say, Parting Shot is that it can be a really good move on a defensive Pokemon or an offensive Pokemon. To this end, I think you should make this a key part of your questions, which you do to an extent, but the offensive route is definitely viable. Additionally, think of how potent of a move Strength Sap can be, dependent on the user. How do you go about making a Pokemon that can use the move without sustaining too well? Questions 1, 5, and 6 are kind of generic and should link back to the concept a little better. Any Pokemon will appreciate an attack drop, and the last two questions could have more depth. Great start, just needs some minor changes, and you'll have a pretty nice submission going. PM me with questions.

Topsy Turvy Troller - Your submission shows you don't know what the current metagame is like at all. Baton Pass and Marshadow have been banned, Azumarill's effectiveness has waned, Serperior's effective has also waned, and I don't believe there are any viable Simple sweepers in the metagame. In your explanation, you tell everyone to go on the OU or BH ladder, not the CAP Metagame ladder? I hate bashing your concept so much, but it's pretty obvious you don't have knowledge of the metagame. Your description refers to other "trollish moves," but I don't see any other reference to them at all. I'm happy to help you work on this in a PM.

Anti-Hax Unit - It sounds like you want a custom ability to accomplish your concept? Unfortunately, we don't make those anymore. In any case, I'm going to be pretty blunt here; hax is just a part of the game. Sure, there are ways to reduce hax, but there's no good way to remove it completely, and honestly, it's a really bad concept to build a Pokemon around. What do we learn about the CAP metagame by making a Pokemon that ignores hax? There's not much to build off of this sort of concept. However, if you're dead-set on this concept, or you'd like to try to come up with something else, I'm happy to help in a PM.

Forbidden Fruit - The banlist exists for a reason. I assume you're mostly looking at the primary ability banlist. The secondary ability list is the primary ability banlist + other really good abilities, but they're usually Pokemon-defining abilities that should be the primary ability if the CAP is going to get it. Let's look at why each ability is actually on the list:
Air Lock Legendary Exclusive
Aura Break Legendary Exclusive
Bad Dreams Legendary Exclusive
Battle Bond Hard coded forme change
Color Change Undermines typing stage a lot
Dark Aura Legendary Exclusive
Defeatist Why gimp a project
Delta Stream Legendary Exclusive
Desolate Land Legendary Exclusive
Disguise Hard coded forme change
Fairy Aura Legendary Exclusive
Forecast Hard coded forme change
Full Metal Body Legendary Exclusive
Fur Coat Undermines stats stage
Huge Power Undermines stats stage
Illusion Aurumoth
Imposter Literally undermines everything
Moody Moody Clause
Multitype Legendary Exclusive
Parental Bond Has the potential to get out of hand
Power Construct Hard coded forme change
Primordial Sea Legendary Exclusive
Prism Armor Legendary Exclusive
Protean Undermines typing stage a lot
Pure Power Undermines stats stage
RKS System Undermines typing stage a lot
Schooling Hard coded forme change
Shadow Shield Legendary Exclusive
Shadow Tag Banned by OU
Shields Down Hard coded forme change
Slow Start Why gimp a project
Soul Heart Has the potential to get out of hand
Stance Change Hard coded forme change
Teravolt Legendary Exclusive
Truant Why gimp a project
Turboblaze Legendary Exclusive
Victory Star Legendary Exclusive
Water Bubble Has the potential to get out of hand
Wonder Guard Undermines typing stage a lot
Zen Mode Hard coded forme change
If you notice, very few of these are actually viable to follow your project, as we specifically don't want to use Legendary Exclusive anything (moves, abilities) for optics. Otherwise, it's been banned in some way, undermines a stage of the process, has to do with a forme change, or just hinders the project unnecessarily. Again, the banlist exists for a reason, and we should respect it. There are plenty of abilities to chose from.

Trick Room's Revenge - Objectively a lot has changed to make this concept more appealing (not just my personal bias speaking). To start, building for the CAP Metagame is huge, as Persistent Fidgit is a valuable asset for these teams. Second, Trick Room has seen pretty good success in the CAP Metagame since the beginning of Generation 7. I think you should ask a question about what common weaknesses Trick Room abusers face and how to remedy them, as your questions ask generally "can we improve Trick Room" instead of "what needs to be improved."

Ice Breaker - It's a cool idea, but you need to expand on it a lot. It fits a "slow tank" archetype pretty well. Your explanation is kind of weird though. Mega Metagross is banned, and even with Metagross, you're setting up with Hone Claws or Meteor Mash, and getting to +6 with takes at least 6 turns. Mega Scizor takes 3 turns to get to +6, and Cloyster isn't viable in the metagame honestly. I'm not saying you concept is a bad one, but I'm questioning the motivation behind the concept, as it seems like you're just letting set up sweepers use their set up moves without trying to stop them. I think this can be a cool concept but right now it's really undeveloped. PM me with questions.

These Shackles Make Me Mortal - It took a few reads over to fully grasp the concept, but I see what the concept is, and I'm liking it a lot so far. I'd develop out your questions section a little more, but it's looking great as it is already. One thing to point out is that this concept is similar to Arghonaut's "Decentralizer" concept - perhaps we can look at its project and learn from it. Maybe look in to that some too. Also, try to make it centered around the CAP Metagame a little more.

The Viable Regigigas or Slaking - The hide tag shows the primary ability banlist (in the hide tag above) and it sounds like you want a Defeatist, Truant, or Slow Start sort of ability. However, those are banned. I'd frame your concept around a bad ability, but not one of the banned ones. Focus your questions around the bad ability mostly, and be specific. It's better to have more specific questions than few broad ones. Also, change your title to focus around this new idea. PM me with any questions.

Priority User and Counter - One point to think about is that having the bulk to tank powerful priority and the offenses to make up for priority moves' lowish base power will result in a pretty heavy hitting Pokemon that doesn't really have many weaknesses stat-wise. I think you should ask something like "How can we make this CAP not overwhelming?" Otherwise, good start.

A Tapu's Best Friend - Looking good, but your explanation is a little weird. Baton Pass is banned, and Doubles should not be accounted for in this CAP Process. The only thing I'm worried about with this concept is that there are just few tools that we have access to be used with terrain, especially with abilities. You might want to expand on it a bit, but otherwise the concept as a great start.

Not Around Here - I think this concept is a little...too specific. Targetting Knock Off would be easy: make it resist Dark-type moves, have Sticky Hold, and use Acrobatics well. However, where it gets interesting is when you allow the concept to target multiple common moves. That would allow for a much more dynamic and diverse project. Other than that, the concept looks pretty good.

---

I just want to say I'm very pleased to see new blood for this CAP process, as well as strong concepts from CAP veterans. We have a wealth of viable and interesting concepts thus far, so lets keep it up, improve our submissions, and look forward to a great process. PM me with any questions, as always.

Last edited:
Name: It is/n't worth the risk.

Description: This CAP is either an offensive (or defensive) godsend or a deadbeat dud depending on whether it hits or misses.

Justification: Target - Taking high risks can either yield outstanding rewards or painful consequences. This Pokemon will call to attention differing opinions in risk assessment when crafting and battling with a set. It will thus primarily serve as a mental exercise for understanding how and/or why trainers may gravitate towards safer or riskier Pokemon, move-sets and teams. This Pokemon also calls to attention how the results of other Pokemon's' usage, particularly those of high risk and reward like this one, impact their reputations.

Questions To Be Answered:

1. How prone is the metagame, or any metagame for that matter, to scrutinize a Pokemon like this in a way that causes dissent between players within it?

2. Why do different trainers have differing opinions on risk within the context of team building and battling?

3. How high of a risk does this, or any, Pokemon need to be before even risky players deem it a liability and avoid it? Would this CAP need to be this risky just to make itself unique to others?

4. Do differing risk assessments impact how this Pokemon and others like it are perceived?

5. Do trainers view risk as something to avoid at all costs or as a forgivable price to pay for opportunity? What do other trainers consider safe or risky in the first place?

6: How would this Pokemon interact with its teammates? Would it be a co-dependent party or the head of the team?

7. Would this CAP compete for another's niche? Could the conflict result in either party being left underutilized in the CAP metagame for being uncompetitive?

Explanation - To implement this concept in an ideal way, this Pokemon would contain within its move pool moves that are very rewarding, but also very risky for one reason or another. (The moves may have relatively low accuracy or power or recoil damage or they may endanger allies, or have other risk factors.) Any stat distribution that is likely to raise an eyebrow, but isn't absolutely absurd, is perfect. This Pokemon would scream 'Go big or go home.' and almost every move this concept makes would give trainers an adrenaline rush.

Edit 1: Specified the manner of justification.

Edit 2: Consolidated two questions into one entry and added two questions, and clarified another.

Edit 3: Renamed the concept for clarity.

Last edited:
· Name – STABless Coverage King

· Description – An offensive pokemon that is discouraged from using STAB moves in favour of using coverage moves.

· Justification:

o Archetype: Type is an important concept in pokemon and the Same Type Attack Bonus is a significant boost to damage. As such, pokemon, especially offensive pokemon, are encouraged to run STAB moves and running dual-STAB is an advantage. That said, in order to hit diverse types, coverage is also important. That is why some pokemon sometimes sacrifice STAB in order to run coverage, though doing this for an offensive pokemon means sacrificing the power of STAB, which can reduce effectiveness. A pokemon that was designed specifically for this purpose would be unusual. One expects offensive typings on offensive pokemon and defensive typings on defensive pokemon. When the opposite occurs, it usually reduces the effectiveness of the resulting pokemon. A pokemon that lacks the advantage of the boost STAB provides would face an unusual challenge, especially on an offensive pokemon, that it would good to see be overcome via other methods. A pokemon who relies solely on coverage for its offensive presence while using its typing for other purposes would be interesting to see.

· Questions To Be Answered

• How significant is the boost provided by STAB to offensive pokemon?
  • How can an offensive pokemon compensate for lack of STAB boosts?
  • In which situations is coverage more important than the power of STAB?
  • How can a pokemon be discouraged from using STAB and encouraged to use coverage at the design stage?
  • How does an offensive pokemon benefit from its typing outside of STAB?
  • Can a pokemon have access to STAB moves in its movepool and still feel like a pokemon that doesn’t benefit from STAB, and if so, what restrictions on STAB moves are appropriate?
  • Which typings provide the best coverage moves and why?
  • How can a STABless pokemon compete with pokemon that have access to the boost STAB provides?
  • How do Z-crystals interact with a pokemon with far better coverage moves than STAB moves?
  • Which abilities, status-moves and situations provide greater benefits to coverage moves than to STAB moves?
  • How will an offensive pokemon act differently from other offensive pokemon if it is using its typing entirely for non-STAB purposes?
  • How will a pokemon’s checks and counters behave if its defensive typing is completely different from its attacking moves’ typing and how will this influence prediction in a single game and the metagame as a whole?
  • How will prediction, checks and counters develop if the opponent of a pokemon was always certain it was not running STAB moves?
  • If a pokemon can never run STAB moves, will its checks and counters end up being of unusual and unexpected typing and how will this influence metagame trends?
·

· Explanation – Offensive pokemon want to provide a large damage output and STAB is an important source of that. In addition, a pokemon’s typing provides an expectation that it is probably going to have good access to many good moves of the same type. Coverage is also an important concept, but it more often supplements than replaces STAB. One also expects that the biggest metagame threats will be ones whose typing matches their offensive or defensive role. By playing with these expectations, we can see how essential these elements are and how a pokemon can perform in an unusual and unexpected way. Perhaps their typing will be defensive for switching in, or to avoid or absorb hazards, or to block Prankster, powders or status. Perhaps they will have access to abilities or moves that provide boosts to specific typings like the ability Flash Fire or the move Charge. While some pokemon do replace their STAB moves with coverage, there is not really one that is designed around this concept and I believe that this would be an interesting challenge that creates a learning process and an interesting pokemon. While there are pokemon that are capable of forgoing STAB moves for coverage, like Magearna, they typically have potent STAB moves in their movepool that are thus an option and mean that the opponent has to predict whether or not they are running STAB. A pokemon would be unusual if it was designed to never use STAB and so the opponent was always certain they were not running STAB moves, meaning that the pokemon had an extra and unusual disadvantage it had to compensate for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)