Metagame Camomons

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hidden Power, Mimic, and other such moves are considered Normal-type moves and will change Pokemon to said type if it is in the first half of the Pokemon's moveslots.​
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-555774466
This is not working as intended.
Hidden Power is currently changing type. Idk about Mimic or Sketch or w/e, other people can test those.

Magnezone @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sturdy
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sunny Day
- Discharge

Magnezone should NOT be able to be pure fire and have a move of another type, as its only fire move is Sunny Day.

Thanks to RetroBacon for finding this.

EDIT:
Another bug, turn 12 Mimikyu turned into Ghost / Fairy type after Disguise dropped. I'm not sure if it was just visual or not.
[url]http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-555787329[/URL]

Last edited:
This team seems to be winning somehow, and half the team is literally useless so if somebody could make this usable it would be greatly appreciated

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-555766399

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-555781454
Imo, have something for Fire/Grass Zard Y. Everything but raikou in your team is slower than Zard Y and it can really screw your team over due to how hard it hits. Also, use Kyurem-Black over Kyurem-N. It has more Attack and Defense, no reason not to use it unless you intend to use it's 130 SpA.

EDIT:
Another bug, turn 12 Mimikyu turned into Ghost / Fairy type after Disguise dropped. I'm not sure if it was just visual or not.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-555787329
Fairly sure it's a visual bug, as I haven't seen any scenario where a typing change actually affected my damage. However, I haven't hit it with anything Fairy/Ghost resists or is weak to that Normal/Ghost isn't hit super effectively/neutrally/resisted by, so I'm not sure.

I know I was the previous one to make a post, but I figured, for those who wish to test out this OM but need a team to do so (and don't want to make the mistake of trying Steel/Fighting Kommo-O and realizing its shit), I have some spare teams to drop here. Both are HO, and I'll put down a brief explanation since my computer needs fixed.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Encore

The basic concept is get every wallbreaker in whenever possible, with sashspam as the strategy for destroying other offense, and then getting in Volcarona and having any toxic users removed so it can just hard sweep through teams. Ice/Fighting Pheromosa is the best offensive type that it can have, and gives it the widest coverage range with two STAB options of any mon. It runs Focus Blast but you can change it to High Jump Kick, but I run Focus Blast for the reason that I wanted to dump my EVs fully into Special Attack as its coverage moves are... coverage moves and utility. Hoopa comes in either versus stall or once Tornadus sets up a tailwind and wrecks house for a short while, and goes Poison/Dark with good coverage moves since its a strong typing offensively and defensively as well as 2 of its strongest physical STABs coming from that. Tornadus solely exists for tailwind, but flying/fighting is a cool typing. Volcarona is the wincon, and can set up on a majority of things (surprise) and with grass/fire isn't 4x weak to Rocks anymore. Metagross is the wallbreaker, and you can shift around Earthquake for other options like Thunder Punch or Hammer Arm should you please. Alakazam is Ghost/Fighting for unresisted coverage besides Normal/Ghost (admittedly a popular type combination for stall and bulky offense mons), but with Hoopa threatening those you shouldn't have too many issues.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Buzzwole @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Glare

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Similar thought process with the last team, except this one has Tapu Lele to wallbreak practically everything and every other mon switched around as well. Mawile-Mega with Fairy/Dark is extremely strong with two stupidly good STAB options in Sucker Punch and Play Rough, and the other two slots are basically filler and can be whatever you edit this team to become. I found Ice Punch and SD to be great for punching through things, but that's my two cents. Buzzwole sits there and can take most standard hits without any problem bar ones such as Grass/Fire Charizard-Y's SolarBeam and +2 Grass/Fire Volcarona's Giga Drain. It also walls Tapu Koko with Electric/Grass or Electric/Flying and can take several hits from Steel/Dragon or Electric/Dragon Kyurem-Black before falling. Zygarde is also really good with STAB ExtremeSpeed, giving it an actual second STAB that it uses. Dragon Dance + Glare is there to set up or to slow down opposing teams should Zygarde get low and become unable to break through a team (ex. Clefable with Fire/Grass and Unaware). Tapu Lele makes practically everything eat shit that isn't a Dark type, with proof below (I don't feel like explaining past that ^^;). Volcarona is the same as the other team, but for sake of completion, its a hard wall to a bunch of things and can take hits from things such as Electric/Dragon Kyurem-Black's Fusion Bolt without dying instantly (which is cool). Ferrothorn exists to take hits and set up layers of spikes for Volcarona and Lele to break through things easier, and Dark/Poison is a really good typing for it that doesn't make it 4x weak to a very common offensive type.

Quick calcs for Lele as proof of its godliness:
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite [Normal/Ghost] Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 390-460 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD [Water/Ground] Quagsire: 412-486 (104.8 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def [Steel/Poison] Avalugg in Psychic Terrain: 172-204 (43.7 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD [Steel/Poison] Avalugg: 331-390 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs [Psychic/Fighting] Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 112 Def [Normal/Ghost] Sableye-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 222-262 (73 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fairly sure it's a visual bug, as I haven't seen any scenario where a typing change actually affected my damage. However, I haven't hit it with anything Fairy/Ghost resists or is weak to that Normal/Ghost isn't hit super effectively/neutrally/resisted by, so I'm not sure.
can confirm this is just visual
just hit a mimikyu that was originally ghost/dark for super effective after disguise broke w play rough

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Hey not sure if anyone is aware but there is a glitch with Minior where if you use have the offensive form in the builder, when it reverts to the base form in a match it does not show the new unique typing. Essentially you can hide your type.

I've been away for a long time. Probably haven't touched showdown in like 3 months to focus on school, but I'm back and severely out of practise.

Thought i would drop a few sets just to get them judged, like i said, I'm out of practise and I haven't played this metagame before so they might not suit as well as them seem on paper.

Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Basically a defensive excadrill, but the best thing is you get recover. Evs and nature allow you to avoid the 2hko from specs noivern boomburst and of course you are infinitely physically bulky.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin / Dragon Pulse / Scald

This way, blastoise has better stab moves to take advantage of Mega Launcher. You can run ice beam or dragon pulse in on of the first slots but dragon pulse does nothing in the way of coverage and ice beam is a little weak without the launcher boost. Evs outspeed a max speed scizor and everything below.

Golem-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Thunder Punch / Wild Charge
- Earthquake / Gyro Ball
- Brick Break
- Volt Switch

I couldn't be bothered to optimise the Evs, but this could be useful with all the Flying/Steel pokemon at the moment. If only it got fire punch... unless you want to use probopass, with that staggering 55 attack. For those who aren't a meme, this set will trap and beat most steels and the second slot is for if you prefer offensive or defensive prowess.

See what you think and give them a rate, thanks

couple mons that i thought makes sense

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

Mega Blastoise enjoys having 2 STAB mega launcher attacks. It will easily kill any mon with uninvested 80/80 defenses with rocks up, and also dark is a good wallbreaking typing. Itll 2hko a 252hp chansey on the switch with rocks. This was fun with sticky web support

Haxorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

This is another mon i came up with after getting bored of dealing with levitating defensive pokemon. STAB earthquake + mold breaker kills any mon trying to abuse no weaknesses, meanwhile taunt tends to deal with common flying types like steel/flying defensive Mew, paired with the 4x steel resist. aqua tail will break through opponent's water absorbs and just has decent neutral coverage and gives a slightly better dual typing than something like rock/ground.

Golem-Alola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Smack Down
- Rest

Magnet pull is 50x better when you dont have an earthquake weakness. This should trap common steel types and deal with them in one of two ways. Can knock down steel/flying and then drive over them with earthquakes until they die, or you can also drop a curse on them while they are trapped if they are trying to stall you out with recovery or are bug/steel. the ground typing blocks any volt switches to escape from things like forretress.

Get yourselves ready for pursuit trapper m-beedrill
Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Pursuit

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Here's a good Pheromosa set:

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance
- U-turn
Focus Miss though
Fighting and Ice have almost perfect coverage save a few dual typings. I ran Modest nature because one of my teammates was Shuckle so it doesn't need the extra speed. Focus Sash allows it to live an Extreme Speed while Quiver Dance allows it to boost to scary levels. I don't use U-turn much but it allows Pheromosa to pivot out of walls that it can't handle.

I use Pheromosa as a great revenge killer but after it gets a boost it can blast through walls as well:
+1 252+ SpA Pheromosa Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyurem-Black (Steel/Flying): 259-306 (57 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (idk what defensive kyu-b runs but this is special wall)
+1 252+ SpA Pheromosa Focus Blast vs. 244 HP / 168+ SpD Gliscor (Water/Ground): 316-373 (89.7 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Pheromosa Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable (Ghost/Fairy): 364-430 (92.3 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Pheromosa Focus Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Goodra (Water/Ground): 315-372 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It's not perfect, though; it needs to watch out for hazards, and typings like Water/Poison, Water/Psychic, and Steel/Ghost wall it well.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here are two mons that worked really well for me and almost always put in a lot of work

Ghost/Fairy (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Shift Gear

A lot of things can't really take this on. In this metagame OTR might be more effective due to how offensive everything is - the OTR set has more power and much more bulk - but it is nice to not give the opponent the opportunity to switch around and stall out TR. Regardless, although Ghost/Fairy is slightly worse defensively than Steel/Fairy, it's still more than good enough to allow for setup opportunities, and Ghost/Fairy is way better offensively. In my experience Aura Sphere is enough and Focus Blast isn't necessary. Fleur Cannon might seem weird on Shift Gear but I prefer it due to how good of coverage it provides along with its ability to almost always net a kill versus all of the offense on the ladder.

Water/Poison (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Water/Poison has so many key resistances and is a great type for a mon that switches into physical hits (see: Toxapex). Completely shuts down every variant of Pheromosa and harshly punishes U-turn and Espeed spam. Dragon Tail could be used but it's not that strong anymore due to not being STAB, and even though you shouldn't have to worry about it failing as most Fairies won't stay in, it's nice to not miss and bypass subs.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
I stumbled upon a fun little set in case you guys are struggling with Fire/Water/Grass/Elec Spam, especially mons like Char Y, Volcarona, and Koko.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail

- Dazzling Gleam

- Recovery
- Filler

I nice partner for your physical walls that are already stuck dealing with Dragonite, Kyu-B, DDDiggersby, and Kartana and are generally weak to the primary types. You can run some speed invest if you want, but I found that max invest can be really nice for shutting down the aforementioned special threats. With Mew's diversity as well, it should be pretty easy to find a spot for it on your team without losing too much in the process. Dragon Tail is really the only good Dragon-type option on Mew, which isn't too big of a problem because it gives you a phazing option. Fairy sub-typing is just a preference for me because it allows me to check opposing Dragon-types, however something that may resist Steel or a Ghost immunity may be better for dealing with threats like Magearna. Overall, pretty cool set.

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew in Sun: 113-133 (27.9 - 32.9%) -- 83.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 132-156 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 5.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew in Electric Terrain: 96-113 (23.7 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 152-180 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (This is from Electric/Grass Tapu Koko)

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
I just did a movesearch and it seems that mew can get Dragon Pulse, as well as a whole bunch of other physical moves. Is dragon tail actually preferable for the phasing?

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
I just did a movesearch and it seems that mew can get Dragon Pulse, as well as a whole bunch of other physical moves. Is dragon tail actually preferable for the phasing?
As far as I can tell, dragon STAB isn't the best in this meta, so having d tail for phazing and a better coverage move for attacking just seemed better to me.

Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Earthquake
- Water Pulse
- Recover
- Toxic / Rapid Spin

Finally, this iceberg has an useful typing with only one weakness that can easily be covered by teammates such as flying/steel Dragonite or Kyurem-black.
Unlike other walls, it is far from being passive with a STAB earthquake coming from 120 base attack - and destroys steel/dragon dragonites and kyurems.

K, since I'm gonna stop laddering for a while, I'll share my team that made 2 of my alts top 10. Feel free to make this a sample. Both of these alts use the same team btw.

I initally was aiming for #1 but in a matter of hours, someone will dethrone me out of #1 so I'm not really motivated.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Night Slash

Kyurem-Black @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Fusion Bolt

So, this team is mainly based around (Fire/Electric) Azelf, (Water/Ground) Haxorus and (Grass/Fighting) Kartana since they form FWG and each of them perform different roles (Azelf as lead/Special Attacker, Haxorus as sweeper or Levitate breaker and Kartana as a revenge killer). Azelf can be your Suicide lead or Special Attacker, but mostly I use it as a lead to set Stealth Rock. Haxorus is there to break Levitators like Cresselia. Kartana is there to revenge kill as well as provide options to kill those Water/Ground mons, which are common.

(Fairy/Dark) Mawile is there basically to provide wallbreaking support, or else this team kinda struggles vs Stall. Yeah, Haxorus CAN wallbreak (and it's really good at it) but it can't really cover everything so I added Mega Mawile. It also helps revenge killing with STAB Sucker Punches.

(Electric/Fairy) Cresselia is there for basically blanket check a ton of things in this meta and to generally cripple opposing mons with Thunder Wave. (Steel/Flying) Kyurem-Black is there as a Steel type, basically to add an additional blanket check that Cresselia can't deal with, such as Mold breaker Earthquake users and generally Poison types.

Threats to watch out for

(Normal/Ground) Zygarde: This thing is the biggest pain in the ass for this team, solely because it's bulky and it hits pretty much everything due to Thousand Arrows reking both my Cresselia AND Kyurem-Black. Your best bet to deal with this is, do NOT let it set up Coil too much and keep Kartana healthy to be able to at least take a +1 STAB Extremespeed (it SHOULD be able to take one) and revenge kill it with Sacred Sword (it ignores stat changes so +1 defense doesn't matter).

(Fire/Grass) Volcarona: Not so much threatening as Zygarde because this thing basically can't take a Physical hit and most of the mons in this team is a Physical attacker, but this thing is a big threat to my team since it's really easy to set up QD and it deals with most of my teams. To deal with this, either revenge it with Kartana or Mega Mawile, or have Cresselia Thunder Wave it to lower it's Speed and revenge it with Poison Jab from Haxorus.

One of my favorite sets so far:

Golem-Alola @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Wild Charge

It can beat just about any steel-type physical attacker (except for those annoying steel/ghost types), although Dragonite is a tricky matchup (Golem wins 1v1, but Dragonite wins if it can set up a Dragon Dance before Golem comes in, unless it's a steel/dragon Dragonite with Multiscale already broken, in which case Golem wins even if Dragonite sets up a Dragon Dance or two). Gyro Ball isn't very good on Golem, but the only alternatives are Autotomize and Heavy Slam (which also aren't very good on Golem). Wild Charge is there in case you need to finish off a weakened steel/flying type, but I can't recall ever using it, so feel free to substitute something else.
I considered other Magnet Pull users, but Probopass doesn't have the offensive power needed to be effective, while Magnezone has no way to handle steel/dragon types and is stuck with a bad defensive typing if it wants STAB thunderbolts.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Golem-Alola: 152-180 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
52 Atk Golem-Alola Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dragonite: 390-458 (101 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Golem-Alola: 123-144 (33.7 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
52 Atk Golem-Alola Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Kyurem-Black: 474-558 (104.4 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Cryogonal's surprisingly solid in this meta. This gen it got boosts to both its defense (30-50) and its HP (70-80), so while its defense is still bad, its special defense is downright insane. With good speed, reliable recovery and Rapid Spin, it's a very reliable hazard remover. Levitate is obviously extremely valuable here as it allows you to run typings the ground weakness would otherwise shut down (everything and its mother is a ground type in this meta). My favorite set for it is sort of a floaty empoleon with reliable recovery. The steel typing lets it actually deal with some of the ESpeed that's prevalent in this meta. It's fairly passive, which is a problem, although you can run haze if you'd like, and it doesn't get a strong water stab, unfortunately. But seriously, 80/135 SpDef with reliable recovery is really fun.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

I forgot to save the replay, but Illusion isn't working right: it shows Zoroark's types instead of the types of the Pokémon Zoroark appears to be.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
I'd suggest you run max special defense to capitalize on its already sky-high base stat, but also because it really doesn't need the speed. It isn't going to get killed soon so a slower spin is fine.

i found an interesting impact of changing types, u may already know this but:
slowbro,slowking(DEF and SPD) get access to curse and slack off and regenerator
and as curse is a ghost type, its the curse that curses the enemy and u got reliable recovery
sometimes just switching between them will do the job
not to mention solid typing with ghost and normal having ghost/normal or any other typing that u may wish(with ghost)

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Curse
- tri attack
- Toxic

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Curse
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

merely switching can wittle down the strongest of tanks

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Can people stop running ghost/normal type on everything? It's not an awful typing but it doesn't have common resistances besides ghost (I never see fighting, thanks to everything and it's mother running ghost) and I personally would rather run Ghost / Fairy or Ghost / Steel depending on how offensive I feel. IMO the only reason to run normal is to get STAB on certain moves,like our friendly neighborhood Boombursters or Espeeders or Kartana with Return. For the Slowbro set above for instance, I'd run Curse / Iron Defense / Shadow Ball / Slack Off, top get the great defensive typing with tons of resists along with that nice Curse effect you mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)