Ubers Calyrex-Ice

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
:calyrex-ice:
Calyrex-Ice @ Choice Band
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower
- Trick
- Icicle Spear / Aromatherapy

Calyrex-I gallops its way through walls in Ubers, with its fantastic Attack stat and enough bulk to stomach almost any hit thrown its way. Glacial Lance is Calyrex-I's strongest Ice-type STAB attack, blowing holes through Dragon-types like Eternatus and Zekrom as well as other bulky Pokemon such as Ho-Oh. High Horsepower dents foes that resist Glacial Lance such as Necrozma-DM and Kyogre. Trick can cripple walls like Lunala and Ferrothorn. Icicle Spear helps break through the Substitutes of Zekrom and Zygarde-C. Aromatherapy provides utility, especially after Calyrex-I's Choice Band has been removed with Trick. Yveltal and defensive Xerneas can remove entry hazards for Calyrex-I with Defog while also providing answers to Ghost- and Dark-type attacks, respectively. Offensive Xerneas shares checks with Calyrex-I and can thus help overwhelm the likes of Ho-Oh and Necrozma-DM. Eternatus can check Marshadow and Kyogre, both of which can threaten Calyrex-I if it predicted incorrectly. Ferrothorn can check Kyogre and Necrozma-DM and chip them while setting up Spikes. Marshadow can revenge kill Calyrex-S, one of Calyrex-I's biggest threats.

Replay from UPL: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ubers-567207

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Glacial Lance is the strongest physical Ice-type attack
It's technically weaker than Freeze Shock as a physical ice move by BP but it is the strongest physical ice move that caly i learns so this can be reworded a bit

Mentioning other ways that can pressure Kyogre is fairly important in the partners department, with that being the biggest stop to this set. Ferrothorn with it's water resistance and Spikes is a great mention since it switches into ogre and pressures switches that caly i forces, and it also checks and chips ndm. You have a good amount of remaining characters to add stuff so Marshadow can also be mentioned, it's a great revenge killer for Calyrex-S, something you can't run with Calyrex-I that pressures it hard.

A quick bit about it taking the Calyrex slot on a team is something to touch on, seeing as Calyrex-S is so dominant it's good to show that despite removing the ability to use caly-s it's still a very formidable breaker that can hold its own.

QC 1/1
Stamp.gif

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma

GP 1/1

Qiqi_Stamp.gif

Calyrex-Ice @ Choice Band
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower
- Trick
- Icicle Spear / Aromatherapy

Calyrex-I gallops its way through walls in Ubers, with its fantastic Attack stat and enough bulk to stomach almost any hit thrown its way. Glacial Lance is Calyrex-I's strongest physical Ice-type STAB attack and boosted by STAB, blowing holes through Dragon-types like Eternatus and Zekrom as well as other bulky Pokemon such as Ho-Oh. High Horsepower allows Calyrex-I to dent dents foes that resist Glacial Lance such as Necrozma-DM and Kyogre. Trick can cripple walls like Lunala and Ferrothorn. Icicle Spear helps break through the Substitutes (Capitalize) of Zekrom and Zygarde-C. Aromatherapy provides utility, especially so after Tricking away your Calyrex-I's Choice Band has been removed with Trick. Yveltal and defensive Xerneas can remove entry hazards for Calyrex-I with Defog while also providing answers to Ghost- and Dark-type attacks, (AC) respectively. Offensive Xerneas shares checks with Calyrex-I and can thus help overwhelm the likes of Ho-Oh and Necrozma-DM. Eternatus can check Marshadow and Kyogre, both of which can threaten Calyrex-I if it predicted incorrectly. Ferrothorn can check Kyogre and Necrozma-DM and chip them while setting up Spikes. Marashadow Marshadow can revenge kill Calyrex-S, one of Calyrex-I's biggest threats.

Replay from UPL: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ubers-567207

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)