NOC C9++ Mafia Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a 13 player semi-open NOC setup.

Pregame, 7 numbers from 1-100 inclusive are randed, with a result of:

1-50 = T (Townie)
51-65 = C (Cop)
66-75 = D (Doctor)
76-85 = V (Vigilante)
86-95 = M (Mason)
96-100 = B (Blocker)

This determines the power roles of the village, how many mafia and their roles, as well as the existence of a serial killer.

C = 1-Shot Cop
CC = Cop
CCC = Cop, 1-Shot Cop
CCCC = 2 Cops
CCCCC = 2 Cops, 1-Shot Cop
CCCCCC = 3 Cops

D = Doctor
DD = Doctor + 1-Shot Doctor
DDD = 2 Doctors
DDDD = 2 Doctors + 1-Shot Doctor
DDDDD = 3 Doctors

V = 1-Shot Vigilante
VV = Vigilante
VVV = Vigilante, 1-Shot Vigilante
VVVV = 2 Vigilantes
VVVVV = 2 Vigilantes, 1-Shot Vigilante

M = Innocent Child
MM = 2 Masons
MMM = 2 Masons + Innocent Child
MMMM = 3 Masons
MMMMM = 2 Masons + 2 Masons (two separate pairings)

B = Roleblocker
BB = Roleblocker + 1-Shot Roleblocker
BBB = 2 Roleblockers
BBBB = 2 Roleblockers + 1-Shot Roleblocker

TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer
TTTTTT = Goon + Godfather
TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer
TTTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
TTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer
TT = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
T = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer
0 Ts = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather

*A doctor protection only blocks one kill.
**Innocent child is automatically revealed at the start of Day 1.
***The mafia roleblocker cannot kill and roleblock on the same night.

I have made two modifications from the setup as listed on the wiki

1. The Serial Killer is both BPV and Investigation Immune, rather than needing to choose
2. Mafia gets daytalk since no daytalk is dumb

1. Don't talk to anybody about the game besides in the game thread.
2. If any person gets a majority of votes on them during the day the day ends and the person is lynched.
3. At end of days whoever has the most votes on them will get lynched.
4. Tied lynch=No Lynch. RNG lynches are bad
5. Do not screenshot or quote your role PM or results.
6. Do not edit or delete posts.
7. If you don't post at least 5 times per day you will get automatically subbed out.
8. If you post or like posts during night phase or while dead, especially after a flip, I will cry. Seriously guys, this isn't okay.
9. Deadlines will be 72 hours for days and 24 hours for nights.

Signups:
Thetwinmasters
zorbees
acidphoenix
Jalmont
Asek
Earlio
Fenrir Aesir
Walrein
kirsche
Haruno
DurzaOffTopic
BigBangMeteor
MoodyCloud

Subs:
Texas
Blazade
Josh
Hawkie
Shubaka

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you say no daytalk is dumb but it's a HUGE buff to mafia if used properly and will wreck the evs. you also buffed the serial killer so yea town is kinda shafted but not enough to be unplayable so yea. not in, but I can be a low prio sub if needed.

4. Tied lynch=No Lynch. RNG lynches are bad
btw just a suggestion but if you want you can make it so whoever received the votes first is lynched. doesn't really matter either way but fuck rng this just makes sure there would be a lynch.

I'm confused by the scum role determination. Shouldn't the scum get less powerful the more Ts are rolled? 5 Ts is the same as 7 Ts, and the 6 T setup of Goon/Godfather is easier than the 7 T setup which includes the SK. 1 T is also harder than 0 T, etc.

in I guess

you say no daytalk is dumb but it's a HUGE buff to mafia if used properly and will wreck the evs. you also buffed the serial killer so yea town is kinda shafted but not enough to be unplayable so yea. not in, but I can be a low prio sub if needed.

btw just a suggestion but if you want you can make it so whoever received the votes first is lynched. doesn't really matter either way but fuck rng this just makes sure there would be a lynch.
I'll do second, it's still fair

I discussed modifications with Sam but I personally feel default c9++ is slightly townsided and unless the mafia is on a ton to plan things out I don't think daytalk swings things that much? And in that case mafia is probably putting in way more effort than village

Josh

=P
I haven't played c9++ so not sure how is personally rate it, semi swingy but I'm p sure it's evenish from memory.

daytalk is kinda like scum neighbourizer. scum neighbourizer sounds like a pretty weak power role right? and yet, scum wins something crazy like 90% of games with a scum neighbourizer (based on ms history). no real reason why, just massively underestimated in setups. the thing about daytalk is it allows coordination. if one scum isn't happy with another scums behaviour they can't tell them to fuck off, beginners can't ask for advice, they can't discuss strategies, and this one is mostly for newer players but if scum a busses scum b and scum b is a newb scum b can react in all sorts of awful ways. day talk is a huge advantage if used properly. oh, and hammer coordination for late game is a thing. day talk helps scum a ton more than you'd think.

idk if it's too late (probably), but there is a role called "mafia encryptor" and while thst role is alive mafia daychat is enabled. perhaps add that into the mafia role somehow? it is usually a middle ground between mod confirmed day talk and no day talk.

it's pretty even, I say slightly and mean like 55-45

I can just replace a goon with encryptor tho, it won't matter in almost half the setups but I'm okay with that

I'll probably start this tomorrow night or Sunday, it's kinda late and I'm going to be out most of tomorrow

edit: fuck it I'm not changing anything, too many people with various levels of playing/not playing bitching

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like there are any new players (except me, plz take it easy), roles are too basic to require day strategizing, and if the scum are playing so badly that they need to yell at each other to fuck off in the chat they're probably going to lose anyways. And if mafia hammer lategame, that's town's fault for screwing up and voting before a lynch is decided. I've played basically every game with scum daytalk enabled so it just feels like part of the game to me, personally.

Also, I agree that C9++ is somewhat townsided. The ones with no SKs are especially easy. Probably jinxing town but yolo.

Josh

=P
roles are too basic to require day strategizing,
considering you just defined the biggest advantage of day chat completely wrong... meh. strategising roles doesnt even mattwr during the day for scum. day talk is usually enabled on forums because they use convos which can't be locked and unlocked at will by host, it's just easier to enforce. this is an example of people massively underestimating how much of an advantage coordination is.

if you or anyone actually care,
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=71185 is a good example of what day talk actually does for anyone that actually wants to use it properly.

it's pretty even, I say slightly and mean like 55-45

I can just replace a goon with encryptor tho, it won't matter in almost half the setups but I'm okay with that

I'll probably start this tomorrow night or Sunday, it's kinda late and I'm going to be out most of tomorrow

edit: fuck it I'm not changing anything, too many people with various levels of playing/not playing bitching
yea, it's probably not worth the effort to change it at this stage. this site usually has day talk anyways so it's not like you're groundbreaking.

I never said role strategizing was the biggest advantage of day chat? I just mentioned it because some games have roles that can be used in the day, so then it helps to talk about that.

If you're really convinced daytalk is an invaluable advantage you can just ask Paper to roll you as scum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)