Ubers BW Ubers Cup I - Round 1 (POST YOUR REPLAYS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader

Awesome art by Jaeck

Welcome to the BW Ubers Cup!

This is the third and last tournament that will be part of the Ubers Classic this year.
More information about classic can be found here.
Information and resources about BW Ubers can be be found here.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard BW Ubers tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Post replays or I don't count your match. I would strongly encourage you to play your games on the Smogon Tournaments PS! Server since it automatically saves replays.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
This tournament is included in the Smogon Championship 2017 season as :

/!\ Only the playoffs phase at the end of the 3 separate Cups (BW, DPP and ADV) will grant Smogon Championship Points (on a basis that will be adapted to the number of entries).

Ranshiin vs. Evuelf
March Fires vs. Carl Murray
Arthurr pendragon vs. Wamr
0Nl vs. DeltaRott
Contact vs. didi
EternalSnowman vs. Matame
Hack vs. Alfredo_Rivero
Shitegotreal vs. elodin
IRazvann vs. CKW
SiTuM'parleT'mort vs. Kiyo
The Dovahneer vs. CaCaTuA
Acsel vs. KoldKappuccino
p2 vs. clefi
double switches vs. Gunner Rohan
Haruno vs. Dbasso
Lycans vs. Fener
neomn vs. Algeria4Ever
Caetano93 vs. chop
Gastrik vs. Highlord
EviGaro vs. ZoroDark
Arifeen vs. Hamhamhamham
Luispeikou vs. Earth
We Three Kings vs. Weegah
SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs. Jhonx~
Level 56 vs. FLCL
My Thunder vs. A Hero's Destiny
Mysterious M vs. Melle2402
Hassin627 vs. Holy Break
I Shuckle vs. HNBL
byronthewellwell vs. hexed
Sugarcult vs. Star
Santu vs. Chill Shadow
Samqian vs. steelskitty
UA leoPARDO vs. Mr. Uncompetitive
Slurmz vs. Avaricity
Energy vs. Edgar
The Trap God vs. PROBLEMS
Real FV13 vs. Pohjis
Floppy vs. Randomnick
TropicalTeo vs. AuraRayquaza
Britania vs. HANTSUKI
Loloartsi vs. Mindnight
Stan Soojung vs. Rex69
Manaphy vs. Garay oak
Akashi vs. MAMP
TSR vs. TistieyZ
Marshall.Law vs. TraceofLife
Kebabe vs. MiyoKa

Deadline: October 1 (Sunday)

shaian, dcae, Aurora, Huston

Last edited:
I can't contact elodin, as his profile is unavailable. Because of that, I tried following him, so that he can refollow, so that I can then have access to his profile. Not going to call for activity, just want to inform that I can't contact my opponent and therefore would not appreciate getting an activity call against me at the end of the week for that reason.

Last edited:
Haruno vs Dbasso

No cos that would mean you get a second chance, which is unfair as everyone else only gets one.
Not if every player (both eliminated and non-eliminated ones) has the right to join or re-join the tournament as a substitute. This is because every player has the chance to play as a substitute, since it can now be surely assumed that at least 1 player
drops out in every round.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Not if every player (both eliminated and non-eliminated ones) has the right to join or re-join the tournament as a substitute. This is because every player has the chance to play as a substitute, since it can now be surely assumed that at least 1 player
drops out in every round.
Ok I'm hoping this is a troll post, but just in case it isn't I'll try to answer you more clearly.

• Best of three, single elimination.
In every sense, this means that once you lose you're out. You had your one chance and you blew it. Elimination. Quite simple.

Your suggestion of getting subbed in after losing means you get a second chance because someone was inactive. That's like failing an exam but giving it again cos some other student was absent.

By subbing you in after you lost, I'm giving you two actual spots in the tournament, one of which you wasted. That's almost same as signing up on alts - taking up multiple spots in the tournament(hopefully I don't have to explain to you why that is bad).

I don't know why this is so hard to understand that once you lose, you're out. That's quite a very simple rule.

As a last ditch effort, I asked soviet how else I can explain this to you, so here it is:

pink moon - Today at 10:08 PM

tell him this tournament is a battle to the death
if you lose u die

Ok I'm hoping this is a troll post, but just in case it isn't I'll try to answer you more clearly.

In every sense, this means that once you lose you're out. You had your one chance and you blew it. Elimination. Quite simple.

Your suggestion of getting subbed in after losing means you get a second chance because someone was inactive. That's like failing an exam but giving it again cos some other student was absent.

By subbing you in after you lost, I'm giving you two actual spots in the tournament, one of which you wasted. That's almost same as signing up on alts - taking up multiple spots in the tournament(hopefully I don't have to explain to you why that is bad).

I don't know why this is so hard to understand that once you lose, you're out. That's quite a very simple rule.

As a last ditch effort, I asked soviet how else I can explain this to you, so here it is:
pink moon - Today at 10:08 PM
tell him this tournament is a battle to the death
if you lose u die
Yes, I have got your point and I did get it earlier too. To be honest, I was not really serious as you have hoped I was not. I was just a bit frustrated due to the way I lost my games (especially the 2nd one) and thus was trying to keep myself in the cup to play more BW Ubers games, through a futile manner of handling. My apologies if I came over as annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)