Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 140 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
- U-turn
i added to get some flight coverage to my team, evs were mainly put into hp and defense/special defense with an impish nature
to avoid getting ko'd after using stealth rock.
Using stealth rock to combat switch ins, protect so i can safely get toxic orb working, earthquake for some damage and u turn to get other mons in safely

ramo (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
recovery and unaware are used to stop sweep setups like swords dance
trying to toxic stall with ev mostly put into health with the moves toxic and recovery
relaxed nature to add some defense

argo (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
added to help quagsire out as a big spdefense tank
iron barb, leech seed and spikes used to chip away at opponent
low speed to boost gyro ball

scrapper (Scrafty) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
trying to set up a clean sweep with swords dance and evs put into attack and speed
High jump kick to get some damage in
crunch used to get past ghost and psyhcic types

cicy (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
not to sure on this one being here just like the pokemon
focus sash to recover after a 2x hit
baton pass for an easy switch out

hermy (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
here as a tank to help out shedinja and ferrothorn
regenerator and slack off used to keep hp high
scald as main move to try and get some burn dmg

really want to keep quagsire and scrafty just because theyre cool but open to any other mons being replaced

Last edited by a moderator:

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Hi raidensm, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at the Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any questions. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.
Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

e: freed!

Last edited:

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Contributor to Smogon
hi one thing u need to know is that bw got only rapid spin can remove entry hazards,so that means the spikes、stealthy rock is easy to set and hard to remove,weather is permanent,if u are in sandstorm,Shedinja will die soon,dont even got chance to switch out. For other pm,Quagsire、slowking will be consumed by spikes and stealthy rocks severely.BW has a saying called finite order obstruction,so if u wanna play balance or stall,make sure you have one or two methods to immunity or remove entry hazards.Also Scrafty is suitable in dual screen teams or Hyper offense so when u put scarfty into a stall team,It will appear out of place, and other Pokemon will slow down its attacking pace.That's all for my evaluation and advice. Which of the following is the content that I have improved for your team.
https://pokepast.es/c616dc90fc24066c
I keep gliscor and change scarfty to terrakion,high speed and high attack makes him easier to sweep.And one dark type is important so divide scarfty into terrakion and tyran,but now this team seems so weak fighting type,so i change ferrth to celebi,celebi baton pass makes this team more flexible and give terrakion chance to sword dance safely.I also divide quagsire into wash rotom and excadrill,one resist ice water type and spread will o wisp,one can remove entry hazards also sweep as a choice scarfer

Last edited:
hi one thing u need to know is that bw got only rapid spin can remove entry hazards,so that means the spikes、stealthy rock is easy to set and hard to remove,weather is permanent,if u are in sandstorm,Shedinja will die soon,dont even got chance to switch out. For other pm,Quagsire、slowking will be consumed by spikes and stealthy rocks severely.BW has a saying called finite order obstruction,so if u wanna play balance or stall,make sure you have one or two methods to immunity or remove entry hazards.Also Scrafty is suitable in dual screen teams or Hyper offense so when u put scarfty into a stall team,It will appear out of place, and other Pokemon will slow down its attacking pace.That's all for my evaluation and advice. Which of the following is the content that I have improved for your team.
https://pokepast.es/c616dc90fc24066c
I keep gliscor and change scarfty to terrakion,high speed and high attack makes him easier to sweep.And one dark type is important so divide scarfty into terrakion and tyran,but now this team seems so weak fighting type,so i change ferrth to celebi,celebi baton pass makes this team more flexible and give terrakion chance to sword dance safely.I also divide quagsire into wash rotom and excadrill,one resist ice water type and spread will o wisp,one can remove entry hazards also sweep as a choice scarfer
Thanks for the help!

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
Need some help in making a team very new to this

dizzy (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 140 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
- U-turn
i added to get some flight coverage to my team, evs were mainly put into hp and defense/special defense with an impish nature
to avoid getting ko'd after using stealth rock.
Using stealth rock to combat switch ins, protect so i can safely get toxic orb working, earthquake for some damage and u turn to get other mons in safely

ramo (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
recovery and unaware are used to stop sweep setups like swords dance
trying to toxic stall with ev mostly put into health with the moves toxic and recovery
relaxed nature to add some defense

argo (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
added to help quagsire out as a big spdefense tank
iron barb, leech seed and spikes used to chip away at opponent
low speed to boost gyro ball

scrapper (Scrafty) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
trying to set up a clean sweep with swords dance and evs put into attack and speed
High jump kick to get some damage in
crunch used to get past ghost and psyhcic types

cicy (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
not to sure on this one being here just like the pokemon
focus sash to recover after a 2x hit
baton pass for an easy switch out

hermy (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
here as a tank to help out shedinja and ferrothorn
regenerator and slack off used to keep hp high
scald as main move to try and get some burn dmg

really want to keep quagsire and scrafty just because theyre cool but open to any other mons being replaced
I'm sorry, but this team is simply unviable in BW OU. Shedinja and Quagsire are not mons that you should be using if you are new to the tier (even though Quagsire does see scant use in tours, it's very few and far in-between and those who use them have far more knowledge about what they do in the meta). More egregious though is that this team just doesn't seem to really have any goal in mind. What are you trying to build? Balance? HO? Stall? I am assuming that this is a balance team built around Scrafty, since that is basically your wincon.

In that case, there is one replay of Scrafty being used in a high-level tournament by Jisoo. While it did lose against Finch, it's still a pretty decent proof of concept with Scrafty being a Fighting-type with Dragon Dance. As specific of a niche that is, it's still something that could be explored further. Just keep in mind that you have to ask yourself why you are using it over Dragonite, who is generally the better DDer and is one of the best mons in the tier.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-722835

Jeong

Banned deucer.
The team really doesn't look that bad, but with a few small changes it can improve. I don't have much knowledge about BW, but here I am, trying to help.

To begin with, Quagsire is curious that he is there. I don't know if he's any good since I've never seen him. Anyway, there is Seismitoad. They have the same double type and it seems better to me. You can put SR and make SD to Gliscor. In fact, you have an interesting core left between them, especially if you also keep Ferro + Spikes.

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
The team really doesn't look that bad, but with a few small changes it can improve. I don't have much knowledge about BW, but here I am, trying to help.

To begin with, Quagsire is curious that he is there. I don't know if he's any good since I've never seen him. Anyway, there is Seismitoad. They have the same double type and it seems better to me. You can put SR and make SD to Gliscor. In fact, you have an interesting core left between them, especially if you also keep Ferro + Spikes.
I appreciate you trying to help out here, but I honesty think that replacing pokemon here kind of misses the fundamental problem with this team.

The issue is that he didn't really pick any of the pokemon because they are any good, but because he liked them. I am perfectly fine with using pokemon you like, but the issue here is that you post this kind of stuff to get critiques of your team.

As I said earlier, Quagsire is a mon that rarely, if ever, sees any usage outside of the rare Wless Stall team. Those teams tend to have too many flaws in modern BW to make work, and are used sparsely in tours if that's indicative of anything. Trying to make Quagsire work outside of that isn't intuitive when Gastrodon and, as you mentioned, Seismitoad, exist.

SD Gliscor + Seis is actually a pretty decent core that was used a lot before HO became a lot more rampant, but nowadays it's kind of more difficult to justify with Volc and Cloy being so threatening. If you want to make SD Gliscor work, I would probably recommend pairing it with Clefable, a Pokemon that has the similar property of freeing up Stealth Rock on Gliscor, is Scald Immune, and has a better MU against Special Attackers, specifically Volc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)