Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The replay for this battle is here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-619202499

This also happened to me a couple days ago, as I had a level 77 Floatzel on my team. Replay here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-617606039

We have some precocious PU Mons on our hands
This is because Baton Pass is banned from all tiers below Uber. As such, any Pokémon with Baton Pass in randbats is treated as being UU if it's not normally higher.

There's a small bug regarding Pressure as a pre-mega ability: after mega-evolving a pokemon which had Pressure pre-mega (like Zapdos in the replay), the opposing pokemon's overlay still shows a loss of 2 PP per move, altough the pokemon's Pressure ability got replaced through mega-evolution: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-620728132 This can be very confusing, as I thought Raikou ran out of Zap Cannon PP when it still had one PP left. Luckily I decided to stay in and roost instead of switching to Toxapex, otherwise I might have lost the mon.

It is normal for illusion to not allow imposters to transform when it hasn't been broken. However the replay shows that, when mega evolving, the illusion remains intact "permanently" and can't be broken,at least as long as it stays in. Due to this mechanic making mega evolution imposterproof in BH (meaning it can setup without worrying about imposter), it would have a strong competitive relevance in the tier if the bug were to be exploited.

Edit: rip me i posted the wrong replay and lost the relevant one. Basically it showed an illusion metagross mega evolving, me rapid-spining it, and then switching it imposter chansey and it not transforming into the metagross

Last edited:
There's a small bug regarding Pressure as a pre-mega ability: after mega-evolving a pokemon which had Pressure pre-mega (like Zapdos in the replay), the opposing pokemon's overlay still shows a loss of 2 PP per move, altough the pokemon's Pressure ability got replaced through mega-evolution.
I think the problem here is that because Mix and Mega isn't a true Mega evolution, the client doesn't realise that Zapdos's Ability changed.
when mega evolving, the illusion remains intact "permanently" and can't be broken,at least as long as it stays in. Due to this mechanic making mega evolution imposterproof in BH (meaning it can setup without worrying about imposter), it would have a strong competitive relevance in the tier if the bug were to be exploited.
This is the in-game mechanic; if you think this would unbalance the tier you should discuss that in the relevant thread.

If I remember correctly Shell Trap is supposed to negate any incoming damage from contact moves and then explode on the recipient, correct? Because if so it didn't work as intended in my latest match, I don't have the code but it was against an Archaeops using Acrobatics against me.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
If I remember correctly Shell Trap is supposed to negate any incoming damage from contact moves and then explode on the recipient, correct? Because if so it didn't work as intended in my latest match, I don't have the code but it was against an Archaeops using Acrobatics against me.
Shell Trap does not negate all damage from contact moves. It will also not faint upon using it, if that's what you meant by "and then explode on the recipient".
The way it relates to contact moves is that it will fail if it is not hit by one on the turn it uses the move.

This was taken from a VGC room tour finals today.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6battlespotdoubles-622363517

Amoongus spread is 252 HP and 220 Def, Relaxed, and my Kangaskhan was 252 Attack Adamant Nature. Double-Edge shouldn't have KO'd, yet the second hit did almost the same damage as the first. We suspect this could be a bug. This is Gen 6 format by the way. Hope this gets checked and fixed. Thanks!
Stupid typo on my part. Will fix ASAP. Sorry about that.

dragicmagic

Banned deucer.
I found this minor error while playing PU with flare boost drifblim. The ability states that the power of special moves is increased by 50% when the Pokemon is burned. However, it shows both my special attack stat and the power of my special attack being increased. I believe only the move power should increase.

https://imagebin.ca/v/3YK9V8VmFTqx
https://imagebin.ca/v/3YKA4PuYOr8C
It actually states on smogon that the stat increases but on showdown that the power increases

Hello i have a question about this set for OU 4. Gen:

Sceptile
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Crunch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Crush Claw

I got this Error:

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Sceptile's past gen egg moves Crunch, Crush Claw do not have a valid father. (Is this incorrect? If so, post the chainbreeding instructions in Bug Reports)

Are you Sure it's not possible? Crunch and Crush Claw from Smeargle (Field) to Rhyhorn (Monster & Field) and to Treecko (Monster and Dragon)?

We found a bug with Mimikyu. When Mimikyu uses Substitute with Disguise up, type effectiveness doesn't work properly.

In the replay, Mimikyu's EV spread is HP252 and Defense+ 252. Raticate's and Landorus's Attack EVs are 0.
Attack 0 Landorus's U-turn VS HP Defense 252 Mimikyu = 4.9%〜6.1%
Attack 0 Landorus's U-turn VS HP Defense 252 Mimikyu = 3%〜3.7%
6.1+3.7=9.9%
So it shouldn't break Mimikyu's substitute, but in the replay it did break.

Therefore, we think that type effectivenss doesn't work properly when Mimikyu with Disguise still up is behind a Substitute.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-623297813

A few minor errors I've noticed
Legality issues:
  • Pay Day, while it should be legal on Mewtwo on paper, actually isn't due to a legality bug with Pokemon Bank - attempting to transfer a Pay Day Mewtwo will cause the game to say that it's glitched. Presumably, this is because Pay Day is only legal on Mewtwo in Red, Blue or Green, not Yellow.
  • Teleport + Flare Blitz is illegal on Arcanine, but PS! says it is. This is because Arcanine only learns Flare Blitz from Growlithe, but Growlithe cannot learn Teleport in Gen 1. (the reason for this is because Showdown counts Flare Blitz as "anywhere (all moves are level-up/tutor/TM/HM in gen 7)", instead of an evolution only move - this could mean that there are other legality bugs with stone evolution Pokemon and gen 1 only moves)
Visual bugs:
  • Extreme Evoboost, when hovering over it, takes the damage properties of Last Resort, despite it being a status move.
  • If a Normalize Pokemon uses Skill Swap, it's moves will still appear to be Normal-type. However, since the Pokemon does not have Normalize anymore, it shouldn't be. This is just a visual bug since the moves work as intended.

Teleport + Flare Blitz is illegal on Arcanine, but PS! says it is. This is because Arcanine only learns Flare Blitz from Growlithe, but Growlithe cannot learn Teleport in Gen 1. (the reason for this is because Showdown counts Flare Blitz as "anywhere (all moves are level-up/tutor/TM/HM in gen 7)", instead of an evolution only move - this could mean that there are other legality bugs with stone evolution Pokemon and gen 1 only moves)
Actually the bug is with evolution only moves - PS! currently treats them all as unrestricted level-up moves.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)