Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
If you try to build a gen 6 team and include a Pokémon whose stats changed in Gen 7, said stats will correctly display on the Pokémon list but not on the EV/IV page.
Mega-Alakazam, whose SpD was modified from 95 to 105 in Gen 7, is an example of this minor bug. Tested it with Dugtrio (Atk 80 → 100 in Gen 7) and got the same result. Apparently that only affects Gen 6 formats; the correct values display for past gens.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Shiny Solgaleo only shows up as red from the front, not behind.

Replay showcasing this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-591915052 (switch sides and it'll show up)

To make sure it wasn't just a bh thing I tested in Ubers as well, the glitch is still there: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-591916871
Some shiny backsprites just haven't been drawn yet. If someone does it and allows PS to use them they'll be implemented, but that's not a bug there are a quite few new Pokémon whose shiny backsprite doesn't exist yet

Something faulty with the timer in this match:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-592116633

I explain it post battle, but he left (most likely because he lost) and I put the timer on. Waited for the timer to run out for me to win, but some for reason he ended up winning. You can see in the log he left, he is declared the winner, then rejoins. He rejoined after the timer went off, which makes no sense as to how he won. Additionally I was there the entire match and waited, which was strange because no timer showed up for me. I didn't get a "you have 60 secs, then 30 secs" etc. So I'm pretty sure something is off here. Please take a look, thanks.

Is there something wrong with the RNG for speed ties?
Today I lost speed ties in my recent battles unaturally often, most notable example is this game:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-592367237
  • Turn 60 to turn 65: 6 consecutive speed tie losses with imposter vs "original" mon
  • Turn 71 to 74: three speed tie losses, one speed tie win in the same situation
  • Turn 94 to 96: two speed tie losses, one win in the same situation
  • Turn 101: speed tie loss, same situation
  • Turn 107 to 108: two losses, same situtaion
In total, I have lost 14 speed ties, but won only two of them. I know how RNG works and that you can have bad luck with several consecutive speed tie losses, but this quote of 14:3 is very unlikely to happen naturally, considering that the chance of winning a speed tie is 50%. Maybe there's something wrong with the RNG mechanism on showdown?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Today I lost speed ties in my recent battles unaturally often, most notable example is this game:
  • Turn 60 to turn 65: 6 consecutive speed tie losses with imposter vs "original" mon
  • Turn 71 to 74: three speed tie losses, one speed tie win in the same situation
In total, I have lost 14 speed ties, but won only two of them. I know how RNG works and that you can have bad luck with several consecutive speed tie losses, but this quote of 14:3 is very unlikely to happen naturally, considering that the chance of winning a speed tie is 50%. Maybe there's something wrong with the RNG mechanism on showdown?
That's just the way RNG works. While there may be a lot of battles where speed ties seem natural, you're bound to encounter one where it may seem to sway unfairly in the favor of one person. For comparison, let's say if you flipped a coin 10 times each day and recorded the results. For most days, you may get normal results like 5 of each or 4 heads and 6 tails. But if you did that each day for a long time, the chances of one of those days being one where you'd flip the coin and it would land only on heads or only on tails would't be that low.

Also, 500th post, yay!

Nothing wrong here. That's how probability works with this.

The chance of winning a speed tie does not depend on the previous ones. It's always 50% no matter what, so things like these can happen - as unlikely as they may seem to be.

So I guess I was just extremely unlucky.

I found a minor display error in the overlay. When receiving an unburden boost and then losing the ability, the overlay still shows the unburden-boosted speed, altough the boost is lost as soon as the ability gets removed. It is only a display error, the correct, unboosted speed is used for calculating turn order.
belly drum error.png

Last edited:
But speed ties didn't use to alternate between players without running on RNG? Last time I got in battle with an Imposter Pokemon (in OU, a Ditto without Scarf, what an aberration of nature) we kept alternating our attacks, so I tought it still worked like that...

I found a minor display error in the overlay. When receiving an unburden boost and then losing the ability, the overlay still shows the unburden-boosted speed, altough the boost is lost as soon as the ability gets removed. It is only a display error, the correct, unboosted speed is used for calculating turn order.
I don't think the client tracks the effects of Core Enforcer or Gastro Acid yet, sorry.

Sondero

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7godlygift-593459252

Swellow's Boomburst did too much damage to Tangrowth (haven't calced Dusclops). This is the calc, with 154 SpDef for Tangrowth, and 137 SpA for Swellow:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swellow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 138-163 (34.1 - 40.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Both Booombursts against Tangrowth however did 43% damage.
Please don't ask about correct EVs of my Tangrowth, they were correct with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef with a sassy nature.

Yeah, I have also seen my Ditto do absurdly high or low damage too sometimes. And by that I mean doing twice or half as much damage as my opponent, when using the same move on what should be the same pokemon with only a ~20% HP difference at most. The most extreme was a Landorus doing 25% damage with HP Ice (Dragonite ate a couple of them first, so I know it was not HP Water if you ask for that), then I do 75% back, OHKOing. The reverse thing has also happened sometimes, I do pathetic damage, then get OHKOed back.
I think the random factor of damage got messed up.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I have also seen my Ditto do absurdly high or low damage too sometimes. And by that I mean doing twice or half as much damage as my opponent, when using the same move on what should be the same pokemon with only a ~20% HP difference at most. The most extreme was a Landorus doing 25% damage with HP Ice (Dragonite ate a couple of them first, so I know it was not HP Water if you ask for that), then I do 75% back, OHKOing. The reverse thing has also happened sometimes, I do pathetic damage, then get OHKOed back.
I think the random factor of damage got messed up.
Ditto doesn't copy the HP stat when transforming, which explains why you could receive more damage (on your 48 HP) than you deal out. For the other problems, its not really possible to diagnose them without a replay.

Ditto doesn't copy the HP stat when transforming, which explains why you could receive more damage (on your 48 HP) than you deal out. For the other problems, its not really possible to diagnose them without a replay.
I know how it works, thank you, but doing up to twice as much damage when the HP difference shouldn't be above 100 HP from 300, is a notorious difference.
I think my comment already made clear that I mostly saw it on pokemon with less than 20% HP difference, Landorus T, when trading Hidden Power Ice. And I know for sure that they didn't have Hidden Power Water instead, due to stalling it out beforehand with Dragonite

I mostly saw it on pokemon with less than 20% HP difference, Landorus T, when trading Hidden Power Ice.
Try to provide replays. It's very likely that the PS damage formula is correct, and there's some other kind of mistake here.

Did the Ditto have hidden power ice? Note that Ditto's hidden power type is not copied by impostor, but depends on Ditto's IVs.

(I wonder how you would go about selecting the hidden power type on a Ditto whose IVs have been manually maxed out via gen7 mechanics.)

---

Without any context, I can say that damage rolls mean an attack can do anywhere between 85% and 100% of its full damage. This means that if Ditto has 300hp and landorus-t has 382, all other stats being equal, the percent display may show ditto doing between 66.75% and 78.53% of landorus-t's damage*. If Ditto got a low roll and Landorus-t a high roll, that doesn't quite qualify as "up to twice". But it's pretty close, so unless you have a replay of ditto doing less than 66.75% of Landorus-t's damage that's probably it.

300 / 382 = 0.7853403141361257
300 * .85 / 382 = 0.6675392670157068

*: Mind you, they're still doing the same damage up to the random .85 - 1.0 roll multiplier. It's just the scale of their HP gauges being different by a factor of 0.7853403141361257 that makes it look like Ditto is weaker, when in fact Landorus-t is bulkier.

Last edited:
It has.
I do it by dropping the Attack and Speed IVs, that should be as low as possible anyway for those rare Ditto mirrors and in case I get confused while in ditto-form (Imposter failing to work happens more often that you would think, thanks to the U-turn kill oversights).

By the way, forced 31 IVs is another tremendous oversight that should be fixed. Pokemon Online has the option to let you choose if you want to or not.

Oh, and the ORAS animation of Mega Steelix STILL does not loop properly

Last edited:

Sondero

It has.
I do it by dropping the Attack and Speed IVs, that should be as low as possible anyway (...)
If the IV spread was something like 31/0/31/31/31/0 then it would be HP Psychic.

Also, if the "forced 31 IVs oversight" is an actual bug, could you please go more in-depth? Because if you're just talking about the fact that it auto sets the IVs to 31 (or 0 for speed/attack some times), then that's just how it's supposed to be, to not scare off newbies. You're not forced to keep the IVs as the teambuilder put them. But if you meant something like the teambuilder puts the IVs you set to be something else back to 31 when entering battles or such, then it's more worth looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)