Not A Bug Bug Report - Client

What type of bug are you reporting? Client

What is the bug?
In Gen 9 Metronome Battles, there's a visual bug that shows the user the wrong ability in the tooltip. Here, my Pinsir has Intrepid Sword, but the tooltip display shows Aerilate. I didnt see anything else reported that matched what I'm experiencing.

You can see Intrepid Sword is actually used (and the replay is displaying correctly).

Replay

Edit: actually, the replay shows it incorrectly. Aerilate is shown after the first turn. I don't think it's meant to work this way...sorry if I missed something.
Edit2: now that I think about it, does it force aerilate on the Mega Pinsir after Mega evolving? I didn't think it'd work that way, but I guess that'd make sense. Sry, never played gen 7 and I figured it was a metronome bug. I'm pretty sure this is what's happening, sorry for the false report!

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
It happens every time on my first battle after logging in, but usually corrects itself after that.

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This is not a bug; as you correctly identified later, Mega Evolving your Pinsir replaced its starting Ability with Aerilate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)