BSS Hydrapple

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:hydrapple:
Hydrapple @ Eject Pack
Level: 50
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 220 HP / 156 Def / 132 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Tera Type: Steel / Fairy
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Yawn
- Recycle

With strong pivoting moves, Regenerator, and Eject Pack, Hydrapple is a potent pivot in Battle Spot Singles! Draco Meteor smashes Dragonite and Latios, and Leaf Storm slams Urshifu-R and Primarina. Eject Pack lets Hydrapple pivot after using these moves, safely bringing a teammate in while healing with Regenerator. This EV spread allows Hydrapple to survive Horn Leech into Ivy Cudgel from Terastallized Ogerpon-H and Choice Specs Gholdengo's Make It Rain. Tera Steel gifts Hydrapple a resistance to Ice-type attacks from Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, whereas Tera Fairy flips its weakness to Dragon-type moves into an immunity. Alomomola and Grimmsnarl are great partners for Hydrapple, all being able to gain momentum off of each other. Hydrapple works fantastically with entry hazard setters like Landorus-T and Ting-Lu due to the switches it forces with Yawn, and it handles opposing Grass- and Water-type Pokemon well for them. Strong offensive teammates like Choice Band Chien-Pao and Choice Specs Chi-Yu love Hydrapple's ability to pivot them onto the field freely.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll give this a check now!

General Stuff

- I'm not sure "nuclear" is quite the right way to describe the stabs. Rather, they're really strong for a pivot move, but since there's no investment, I hesitate to go that far! You can think of your own wording, but if you're stuck, I think describing them as "supercharged pivoting attacks" or something could work!

- Derpy brought this up to me: it also survives Outrage and Flying Tera Blast from Dragonite that lack Choice Band, that's cool!

Teammates

- I think you'll want to mention the Alomomola and Grimmsnarl being pivot teammates first, that is basically the most infamous part of Hydrapple (and a major reason why it was the star of the #4 team last month, feel free to mention that if you want!). I'm not quite sure I would say "the three of them together" either because that implies you're always picking those 3 together, and I'm not sure that's always the play!

- I'd probably remove the Clodsire mention for Stealth Rock since Clodsire while not unviable, is rather niche at the moment. I'd probably mention Landorus-T or Annihilape instead.

- I'd bring up Choice Band Chien-Pao and Choice Specs Chi-Yu as strong offensive teammates that can get in for free thanks to Hydrapple being such a slow pivot.

Lemme know when you implement that stuff and I'll give it a 2nd look! If you have trouble with the word limit, I can help with that too!

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Considering I was in contact with you during the writing of this I’d say it looks pretty good lol.

god damn it TMon LOL but ye TMon knows more about hydra than me so if he’s got something for you to add it’s probably a good consideration

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
GP 1/1 GP Team done

Note that because this is over 1.5x the character limit I made a lot of changes aimed at cutting it down

Addition Removal Comment, (AC) (AH) Add Comma/Add Hyphen, (RC) (RH) Remove Comma/Remove Hyphen

:Sv/Hydrapple:

Hydrapple @ Eject Pack
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Yawn
- Recycle

With the power of supercharged pivoting attacks, Regenerator, (AC) and Eject Pack, Hydrapple makes itself for (optional but I think this reads better?) a strong pivot in Battle Spot Singles! Draco Meteor deals massive damage to Dragonite and Raging Bolt, and Leaf Storm operate as Hydrapple's offensive moves, capable of doing massive damage to Dragonite and Raging Bolt with the former, and threatens Urshifu-R, Flutter Mane, (AC) and Primarina with the latter. (choose whatever phrase you like for "deals massive damage" etc, my concern was just cutting down the length) The pillar of this set is Eject Pack, (RC) which forces lets Hydrapple pivot after using these moves and safely bring out when its stats drop and brings a teammate in while recovering its health with Regenerator. (try not to do dex info, talk about the practical application in game. you can reword if you like, just focus on how Hydrapple uses the item instead of the dex description of what the item does) Yawn forces opponents foes out or makes them fall asleep, and Recycle allows Hydrapple to repeatedly use this strategy as it regains regain its Eject Pack. This EV spread allows Hydrapple to survive Horn Leech into Ivy Cudgel from Terastallized Adamant Ogerpon-H, (AC) and Outrage or Flying Tera Blast from non-Choice Band Dragonite, as well as surviving and Modest Choice Specs Gholdengo's Make It Rain. The IVs reduce how much damage it will take from Foul Play and guarantee a slow pivot with a Relaxed nature. (Check with QC but I think this should go, people generally understand why you run 0 IVs and this is a little too info-dense/lengthy for a spotlight) Tera Steel gifts Hydrapple resistance to Ice-type attacks from Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, whereas Tera Fairy flips its weakness to Dragon-type moves into an immunity. Alomomola and Grimmsnarl are also great partners for Hydrapple, forming a strong Regenerator core with Alomomola and Parting Shot from Grimmsnarl, (optional but this would be my next cut for length) all being able to as they can all gain momentum off of each other. Hydrapple works fantastically with hazard setters such as Landorus-T, Glimmora, (AC) and Ting-Lu, as the switches it forces with Yawn allow for more chip damage to be taken force more hazard damage, and Hydrapple is able to handle opposing Grass and Water-type Pokemon well for them. Strong offensive teammates like Choice Band Chien-Pao and Choice Specs Chi-Yu love Hydrapple's ability to pivot themselves onto the battlefield, being able to fire off powerful attacks at the opponents freely. (this last bit doesn't really make sense as phrased, if you want to keep it change "being able" to "allowing them" and cut "at the opponents")

• Love
Reactions: Rae

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This is still above 1200 characters, Rae is there any chance you can trim some stuff down and I'll quickly GP check it again?

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add (AH=add hyphen)
Remove
Comments
Hydrapple @ Eject Pack
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Yawn
- Recycle

With strong pivoting moves, Regenerator, and Eject Pack, Hydrapple is a potent pivot in Battle Spot Singles! Draco Meteor smashes Dragonite and Latios, and Leaf Storm slams Urshifu-R and Primarina. Eject Pack lets Hydrapple pivot after using these moves, safely bringing a teammate in while healing with Regenerator. Yawn forces foes out or makes them fall asleep, and Recycle gives Hydrapple its Eject Pack back (this is mostly fluff and only explaining what the moves do without specific info). This EV spread allows Hydrapple to survive Horn Leech into Ivy Cudgel from Terastallized Ogerpon-H and Choice Specs Gholdengo's Make It Rain. Tera Steel gifts Hydrapple a resistance to Ice-type attacks from Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, whereas Tera Fairy flips its weakness to Dragon-type moves into an immunity. Alomomola and Grimmsnarl are great partners for Hydrapple, all being able to gain momentum off of each other. Hydrapple works fantastically with entry hazard setters like Landorus-T and Ting-Lu due to the switches it forces with Yawn resulting in hazard damage, and Hydrapple it handles opposing Grass-(AH) and Water-type Pokemon well for them. Strong offensive teammates like Choice Band Chien-Pao and Choice Specs Chi-Yu love Hydrapple's ability to pivot them onto the field freely.
milak-gp-small.gif

GP Team done

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)