Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, pretty new to breeding for IV's here is where I am at, if someone would let me know if this makes sense or if I am out in left field.

Female: Eevee X/X/31/31/X/31 Modest, Anticipation
Male: Eevee 31/X/31/31/X/31 Modest, Anticipation

Should I be using everstone and Destiny knot and trying for Modest 4 IV female, or should I be using Hp brace and trying for any nature 4 IV female? or am I doing it wrong entirely?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Depends. Do you want your final product to only have 4 perfect IVs or are you shooting for 5?

If you only want four, stick with everstone and destiny knot. If you want 5 you may have an easier time using power items + destiny knot first get a flawless IV female, and then go back and get the nature you want with an everstone.

While breeding Riolu(s?), I finally got a female with Timid and 4 perfect IVs (aside from Speed). I have been trying to breed it with a Male with Vacuum Wave and a single perfect IV in Speed, but to no avail. Destiny Knot + Everstone, 25 eggs hatched and the only results are a single perfect Speed IV OR a parent with a random mixture of IVs from the female parent, but NEVER a speed IV. Then I tried giving the male a Power Anklet and the Female a Destiny Knot, but after 20-odd eggs still the same results as before. What am I doing wrong, exactly?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
While breeding Riolu(s?), I finally got a female with Timid and 4 perfect IVs (aside from Speed). I have been trying to breed it with a Male with Vacuum Wave and a single perfect IV in Speed, but to no avail. Destiny Knot + Everstone, 25 eggs hatched and the only results are a single perfect Speed IV OR a parent with a random mixture of IVs from the female parent, but NEVER a speed IV. Then I tried giving the male a Power Anklet and the Female a Destiny Knot, but after 20-odd eggs still the same results as before. What am I doing wrong, exactly?
1. The odds of breeding a flawless parent like this are very, very small.
2. Are you sure that the male actually has flawless IV in speed? It is worth it to doublecheck.

1. The odds of breeding a flawless parent like this are very, very small.
2. Are you sure that the male actually has flawless IV in speed? It is worth it to doublecheck.
After checking, yes, it does in fact have a perfect Speed IV. My goal was to get a male with perfect Speed and one other stat Perfect, and work up from the bi-flawless to possibly a tri-flawless, and so on. I do understand just how astronomical (roughly one in 150 or so) those odds are.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
After checking, yes, it does in fact have a perfect Speed IV. My goal was to get a male with perfect Speed and one other stat Perfect, and work up from the bi-flawless to possibly a tri-flawless, and so on. I do understand just how astronomical (roughly one in 150 or so) those odds are.
Its very odd that with a power item you aren't able to pass down the Speed IV at all.

Hey, I have a little problem with breeding and I need your help. I only read the first post as the whole thread would have been a little much, but as far as I know what I tried should have worked, except it didn't. So here's what I've done: I want a bold Squirtle with perfect IVs in HP, yes just HP, I just started doing this IV-breeding thing so I'm starting small. So what I've done is I took a male squirtle with perfect HP-IVs, gave him a powerweight, took a Ditto with the right nature and gave him an everstone and let them.. have fun. But the two Squirtles I've got from them had totally random perfect/good IVs, one had them in speed and the other in special-attack and I have no idea why. Can someone explain to me what I did wrong?

Hey, I have a little problem with breeding and I need your help. I only read the first post as the whole thread would have been a little much, but as far as I know what I tried should have worked, except it didn't. So here's what I've done: I want a bold Squirtle with perfect IVs in HP, yes just HP, I just started doing this IV-breeding thing so I'm starting small. So what I've done is I took a male squirtle with perfect HP-IVs, gave him a powerweight, took a Ditto with the right nature and gave him an everstone and let them.. have fun. But the two Squirtles I've got from them had totally random perfect/good IVs, one had them in speed and the other in special-attack and I have no idea why. Can someone explain to me what I did wrong?
Make sure that the male Squirtle has a perfect HP IV. The IV judge will say "Stats like those... they simply can't be beat!" after mentioning HP.

Make sure that the male Squirtle has a perfect HP IV. The IV judge will say "Stats like those... they simply can't be beat!" after mentioning HP.
Ok I just checked again and found out his HP-IVs aren't perfect but at the second best stage (26-30), but does that really matter? I thought the powerweight just gives the child the parents HP-IVs no matter how high they are? At least that's what Bulbapedia says.

Ok I just checked again and found out his HP-IVs aren't perfect but at the second best stage (26-30), but does that really matter? I thought the powerweight just gives the child the parents HP-IVs no matter how high they are? At least that's what Bulbapedia says.
The offspring will inherid the HP IV, but it will never be a perfect IV of 31. Thus it does matter if you want a perfect HP IV.

Since the HP IV isn't perfect, it is easy to explain why the IV judge said that SAtk/Spe was the offsprings best IVs. The SAtk/Spe IV is simply higher than the HP IV in the offsprings you mentioned.

The offspring will inherid the HP IV, but it will never be a perfect IV of 31. Thus it does matter if you want a perfect HP IV.

Since the HP IV isn't perfect, it is easy to explain why the IV judge said that SAtk/Spe was the offsprings best IVs. The SAtk/Spe IV is simply higher than the HP IV in the offsprings you mentioned.
Oh, didn't know that. I always thought that guy mentions all good and perfect IVs, not just the highest. Thx that explains everything ^^

Btw what's a fire Froakie? oO

Kind of confusing, but let me have something clear: If I breed a male Charizard with perfect IVs on HP, SpAtk and Speed with the Destiny Knot, and then another female pather with 31 IVs on those statistics (That's how you spell it, right? Statistics?) with a Timid nature and Everstone, what are the chances of getting those IVs down to my Charmy?

Last edited:
If I understand you right, KingHeracross, you say that both parents have perfect IVs on 3 stats - (HP?), SpAtk and Speed both times.
You should have a pretty good chance of those passing down since redundancy is really good for breeding. I used the online app http://destinyknot.tk/ and it says you have a 51.5% chance per egg.

BW2? I don't think destiny knot works in BW2... you can try it and see but I think it's X Y only. Your best bet in BW2 is to use two power items to lock in two of the good IVs and hope the third is inherited via the natural inheritance rules.

BW2? I don't think destiny knot works in BW2... you can try it and see but I think it's X Y only. Your best bet in BW2 is to use two power items to lock in two of the good IVs and hope the third is inherited via the natural inheritance rules.
Destiny knot is X/Y only. But I need the nature

Well then your best bet is to use a power item + everstone and breed lots 'til you get what you need. I am sorry that things aren't as easy in BW as in XY

Hey everybody! Quick question:

Is it absolutely impossible to breed a HA egg from a HA male, without Ditto?
(Yes, I am already aware that this has been addressed in the first post, just double checking)

Thanks!

Hi, I have a bit of a question, I'm a little confused. Sorry if a question like this has been asked before.

Here is my current setup:

Ditto(Destiny Knot) IVs: x/x/x/31/31/31
Smeargle(Power Anklet, carries over the perfect speed IV.) IVs: x/x/x/31/31/31

Is it efficient to have my Smeargle hold a Power item to guarantee the passing of his perfect IVs, or would it be better to have Smeargle hold some other item?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)